April 19, 2024, 09:47:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871108 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1100 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »

Blink,
Did your source mention anything about decomp odor in the home?

I heard the remains at the house were in a cooler. Did anyone else hear that?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1101 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »

Blink,

The complete lack of it. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1102 on: October 27, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »

Blink,

I did some googling (sounds obscene).

Anyways ... I could not locate any published online article which mentioned a cooler in regards to remains located in the crawl space of the Sigg's home but ... it appears that Blink has a source.

Janet

+++++

The Devil They Knew: Jessica Ridgeway Accused Murderer Austin Reed Sigg Profile Emerges
Thursday 25 October 2012 11:35 am

<snipped>

Upon arrival,  Austin Reed Sigg confessed the unthinkable.   Sigg told investigators he strangled the little girl after he snatched her into his Jeep, hogtied her in the back, and they could find the remainder of the child in a cooler located in a crawl space at his 102nd St address.

<snipped>

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/25/the-devil-they-knew-jessica-ridgeway-accused-murderer-austin-reed-sigg-profile-emerges/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1103 on: October 27, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

Blink,

I've read that too.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1104 on: October 27, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »

Blink,

I did some googling (sounds obscene).

Anyways ... I could not locate any published online article which mentioned a cooler in regards to remains located in the crawl space of the Sigg's home but ... it appears that Blink has a source.

Janet

+++++

The Devil They Knew: Jessica Ridgeway Accused Murderer Austin Reed Sigg Profile Emerges
Thursday 25 October 2012 11:35 am

<snipped>

Upon arrival,  Austin Reed Sigg confessed the unthinkable.   Sigg told investigators he strangled the little girl after he snatched her into his Jeep, hogtied her in the back, and they could find the remainder of the child in a cooler located in a crawl space at his 102nd St address.

<snipped>

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/25/the-devil-they-knew-jessica-ridgeway-accused-murderer-austin-reed-sigg-profile-emerges/

Ah, thanks, Janet!

I guess I heard it on a news video or stream.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1105 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

I don't think Sigg was in LE sights whatsoever until his Mom's phone call.  I don't believe she told Austin she was calling LE, and did not until they arrived.   There were 2 handguns and 2 rifles in the home we know of, and Austin allegedly had a serious sword and knife collection.  I have to believe with his ongoing and recurring mental issues,  she she would be concerned for everyone's safety at that point.

If he had told her about the body parts that day/night at the house,  I believe LE would have secured a warrant immediately.  As I understand it, Sigg did not provide the full details ( his version) until sometime around 3Am, at WPD.

WRT the bktcy filing,  I wrote that I was suspect on the filing date because it contains several notifications of creditors, but NOT an amount of debt for them, all of which are either Atty General,  State Atty, etc.  Another oddity is the VA hospital.

I can find no record of military service for his parents so not sure how that debt was incurred.

Overall, given his years of clear and present mental issues,  and the severity of them, I am really anxious to learn the facts about that- psycopathy is to a degree, hereditary (HARE) and I see a possible apples and trees scenario with Dad- just a different manifestation.

It would also be a standard question LE would ask her PRIOR to arrival and again upon arrival to insure safety.

Blink

I agree.  I do not think that investigators were focused on Austin Sigg at the moment in time that his mother turned him in.

However ... media sources revealed that investigators took Austin Sigg's DNA at the getgo in their initial house to house search for missing Jessica.  DNA was obtained from the bagged remains and the backpack.  It was only a matter of time until they connected the dots.

Could it be that the mother saw the writing on the wall and felt a confession from her minor  son would be in his best interest?  In other words ... Austin was in agreement and that is why he is fully cooperating.  I could be wrong.

Janet

++++++

Sigg gave DNA sample, home searched right after Jessica Ridgeway disappeared
Posted on: 4:08 pm, October 26, 2012, by David Mitchell

FOX 31 Denver has learned the teenager suspected of killing Jessica Ridgeway was one of 500 people whose DNA was taken during random samples.

We have also learned that Police searched 17-year-old Austin Sigg’s house in the 10600 block of 102nd Ave. as part of the original search in the neighborhood after Jessica disappeared.

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/26/134114/

Prosecutors Say There Is DNA Evidence Linking Suspect to Jessica Ridgeway's Murder
Oct. 26, 2012

<snipped>

Prosecutors said that Sigg's DNA was on Ridgeway's backpack and at the crime scene in the Arvada, Colo., where her body was found Oct. 10. Lawyers also said that traces of Sigg's DNA were left at a crime scene involving a jogger who was attacked in May.

Sources tell ABC News that human remains believed to be Ridgeway's were found inside his home, which is less than a mile away from where the 10-year-old lived with her mother. Investigators have been searching for clues in Sigg's home since his arrest. Sigg shares the home with his mother, Mindy.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/prosecutors-dna-evidence-linking-suspect-jessica-ridgeways-murder/story?id=17569788

Report: Jessica Ridgeway Murder Suspect Confessed to Keeping Remains in Crawl Space
Posted on: 6:12 pm, October 24, 2012

<snipped>

According to CBS4 in Denver, Sigg told police he strangled Ridgeway after he got her into his vehicle on Oct. 5 — although Westminster police have not released this information.

Sigg reportedly waived his rights and told investigators that human remains could be found inside a crawl space under the home where he was arrested.

Sigg is charged with the first-degree murder and kidnapping of Ridgeway, whose dismembered body was found five days after she disappeared.

KDVR in Denver reports that Sigg wanted to be a mortician.

Sigg’s mother, Mindy Sigg, told the Associated Press that she called police and alerted them to her son’s involvement in Ridgeway’s murder.

“I made the phone call, and he turned himself in. That’s all I have to say,” she said before she broke down in tears and hung up the phone.

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/24/report-jessica-ridgeway-murder-suspect-confessed-to-keeping-remains-in-crawl-space/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1106 on: October 27, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »

Could it be that those sealed documents contain so much more encompassing the death and disposal of Jessica Ridgeway than has been revealed through the media and ... in press conferences?

Janet

+++++

DA: Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder, Austin Sigg, will be tried as adult
Jessica Ridgeway mom, aunt at hearing
Posted: 10/25/2012

<snipped>

The defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order in the case. The judge agreed to seal the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

In court, Sigg revoked the waiver of his rights.

The judge ordered Sigg be held without bond.

<snipped>

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1107 on: October 27, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »

Could it be that those sealed documents contain so much more encompassing the death and disposal of Jessica Ridgeway than has been revealed through the media and ... in press conferences?

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

The defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order in the case. The judge agreed to seal the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

<snipped>

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

Of course they do.  Otherwise, if everything was already released, there would be no reason to seal them.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1108 on: October 27, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

Of course they do.  Otherwise, if everything was already released, there would be no reason to seal them.   

I hope you are having a good day Brandi.  If I value my almost 47 year marriage ... I will drag myself away from this computer and make my hubby a decent dinner.

I am off for the evening.

Janet
4:50 PM PT

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1109 on: October 27, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »

I posted images below, showing the Jeep being towed away and two images from the video.

Good eye Breadi

Here are more shots of the car.

Siggs car being towed

Sigg car moving down road

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: October 27, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

Robert F. Siggs home
Photo credit:crankycrankerson
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1111 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »

Robert Siggs campagin contributions
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1112 on: October 27, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »

So, when Austin Reed Sigg was arrested Tuesday night, accused of strangling 10 -year-old Jessica Ridgeway,
dismembering her and placing her body parts under the two-story home where he lived,
 many of the girls in that Denver suburb weren't shocked.
Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-suspect-austin-reed-sigg-made-girls-in-the-area-uneasy#ixzz2AY0xfaCV

Siggs house with cooler on back porch

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1113 on: October 27, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »

Of 500 DNA samples LE took, Austin Siggs was one of them.  Why?  Did LE take DNA samples from any other 17 year olds?  Blink has theorised Austin may have a sealed prior as a juvenile.  Might this help explain why his was one of those samples collected.

I also wonder why he willingly gave the sample?  Is it possible he did not realize his DNA was on or in the backpack?

I also wonder about a mother allowing her teen who is or was in therapy collect swords and knives? 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1114 on: October 27, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »

Not sure if you can all see it in the last image Kermee posted, but to the left of the cooler is a uniformed officer stationed next to that cooler.

I reported the cooler in my piece from a source, the source was not able to confirm if the remains found were found directly in the cooler in the "crawlspace"  (which I am told but cannot confirm is an access point that was covered with a pile of sticks originally) or if they were placed there after the fact ( as in, he accessed them again, or other)

But what I also wanted to point out is that the Jeep Grand Cherokee ( I believe it is circa 2000- I owned  one around this time) has some sort of black paper wrapped around the rear window- which in this model is capable of being opened independently of the actual door.  You can see that it just covers the window itself, because it is over top the rear windshield wiper.

Again, for this to be done prior to impound I have to believe it field tested for something they needed to preserve for ALS or trace.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1115 on: October 27, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »

It looks like all of the rear windows (back and sides) have the protective cover on them, as well as the front and rear license plate.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1116 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »

Not sure if you can all see it in the last image Kermee posted, but to the left of the cooler is a uniformed officer stationed next to that cooler.

I reported the cooler in my piece from a source, the source was not able to confirm if the remains found were found directly in the cooler in the "crawlspace"  (which I am told but cannot confirm is an access point that was covered with a pile of sticks originally) or if they were placed there after the fact ( as in, he accessed them again, or other)

But what I also wanted to point out is that the Jeep Grand Cherokee ( I believe it is circa 2000- I owned  one around this time) has some sort of black paper wrapped around the rear window- which in this model is capable of being opened independently of the actual door.  You can see that it just covers the window itself, because it is over top the rear windshield wiper.

Again, for this to be done prior to impound I have to believe it field tested for something they needed to preserve for ALS or trace.

Re: the rear window of the Jeep being towed, I captured these two images when the helicopter was following the tow truck to LE's garage. I see the NASA sticker on the left side of the rear window. Are you saying the black paper is on the inside of this window? It does look like black paper is on it. It seems devoid of reflection. Looks odd to me.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1117 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »

It looks like all of the rear windows (back and sides) have the protective cover on them, as well as the front and rear license plate.

This model carries a deep tint, but on the rear windows there is no additional coating or preservative paper, it is only on the rear "hatch" if you will.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: October 27, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »

This image makes it look like the 2nd and third windows are blacked out. The back one really looks blacked out to me.

Wonder if they were blackening out the rear window and side rear windows to keep anyone from seeing in while it was in transit because they knew something was there.

So sad to think about this.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1119 on: October 27, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »

This image makes it look like the 2nd and third windows are blacked out. The back one really looks blacked out to me.

Wonder if they were blackening out the rear window and side rear windows to keep anyone from seeing in while it was in transit because they knew something was there.

So sad to think about this.

Brandi- best I can tell it could be both inside and outside,  in your pic you can see the "warped" area from the side in contrast to the factory tints on the other windows.  As is protocol, all openings are sealed for transfer.  If the blue sticker on the bottom left is for the property inventory tag or scan,  we know the paper is at least on the outside.  I am inclined to think the use of black paper vs, the standard (ups wrap I call it) means whatever was detected in the field is subject to light interference or degradation. 

I could be wrong, but I do not think they would process the inside of this vehicle at all until it was in the evidence bay- that could be based on the suspect statement a death occurred there, and if so, definitely not opened at the scene.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.