April 19, 2024, 06:38:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871082 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-video-search-new-video-of-missing-westminster-girl-released

Jessica Ridgeway video, search update: New video of missing Westminster girl released
Posted: 10:47 AM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 9 minutes ago

WESTMINSTER, Colo. - New video of Jessica Ridgeway, the 10-year-old Westminster girl missing since Friday, has been released to the public in the hopes that someone will recognize her.

Authorities continue to search for the girl who went missing while walking to school Friday morning.

During a 6:30 a.m. news conference Tuesday police said they will focus on canvassing the neighborhood where she disappeared and looking at several open space areas they have not yet looked at.

Police plan to release more photos of Jessica as well as a video of her on Tuesday. Authorities have said they hope the public will burn the image of her face into memory should someone come across her.

Monday agents with the FBI searched homes around Jessica's house.

7NEWS reporter Lance Hernandez talked with residents who said they voluntarily let investigators search their property.

"My attitude is check. Go ahead, check. Do what you need to do," said neighbor Kathleen Rodriguez. "I know she's not here, but they need to know that."

The agents were exploring if the girl might have taken shelter in a parked car during the cold weekend, if she snuck into a house or garage or if someone might be hiding her, homeowners told Hernandez.

Residents said the agents were also asking, "Did you hear anything out of the ordinary-- any noises or slamming doors? Or have you seen anything out of the ordinary?" Hernandez recounted.

Neighbor Kerry Viney said the investigators also asked if he'd noticed suspicious vehicles or any workers who had recently come into the neighborhood.

Meanwhile, Jessica's mother, Sarah Ridgeway, came out of her home Monday evening, and made an emotional journey. As friends supported her arms, the mother walked down the street where Jessica was last on Friday morning as she left for school.
Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »

New photos of Jessica at link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.399196306819022.92861.398494973555822&type=1

Getting to know Jessica Ridgeway
Updated 51 minutes ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/342304/28/Colorado-neighborhood-on-edge-after-10-year-olds-disappearance-

Jessica Ridgeway missing in Colorado, search continues
10:49 AM, Oct 9, 2012

::snipping2::
"We really want people to focus on Jessica's facial features," Materasso said. "Two things of note that you will see - particularly in the video - she has a gap between her two front teeth, when you see that video, it's fairly obvious and a distinguishing characteristic. As well, she's got a sore at the top of her nose just below where her glasses sit. That sore doesn't heal, so it's a good indicator if you see someone you think is Jessica those two things are good to pay particular attention to."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Westminster-PD/141296864304

Westminster PD
36 minutes ago.

Here are the main updates from this morning’s press briefing:
Today we continue to work additional ground searches, canine tracks and neighborhood canvasses. We have currently completed a canvass of 54% of homes within our search area. Approximately 400 homes will be canvassed as part of this effort.

It is likely that many homes will be canvassed multiple times. This is not unusual, nor does i
t indicate that the homes are the subject of an investigation. Statistics from prior incidents reveal that 40-60% of individuals do not realize that they may have witnessed something that relates to an abduction.

We continue to actively investigate every tip that comes in. We are currently processing over 450 unique tips.

Over 15 local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies are assisting with this investigation.

Jessica Ridgeway’s father has travelled to Colorado from Missouri. The Ridgeway family is planning on providing a public statement, via a media pool camera, this afternoon.

Stay tuned to this facebook page, and our twitter account (@westminsterpd) for additional information.

Continue to send tips to pdamberalert@cityofwestminster.us or call the tip line at: 303-658-4336.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway

Missing Jessica Ridgeway from Westminster, CO
about an hour ago.

Kenny Holmes 7News @KHOLMESlive
The family of #jessicaridgeway will be addressing the public via taped interview. Police hope to have that arranged and released by 1pm.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »

That backback to me indicates Jessica's dad is not involved because even if he involved a third party in abducting Jessica that party would have no reason to later leave the backpack in another location.

If a local has abducted her or if another person who lived with Jessica harmed her then the backpack appearing six miles away to throw off the investigation makes more sense.

It does bother me a little that no one who lived with Jessica has made a public appearance thus far.  The public walk down the same street Jessica was last seen on (according to her mother) that her mother took with people supporting her arms bothers me a little too because it seems more for show than an effective means of locating her daughter.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293683/222/Missing-girls-family-breaks-their-silence

Missing girl Jessica Ridgeway's family breaks their silence
2:26 PM, Oct 9, 2012

WESTMINSTER - The family of Jessica Ridgeway - the 10-year-old girl who went missing on Oct. 5 - spoke out on Tuesday as a heart-wrenching, statewide search rages on for their precious girl.

Jessica's family spoke to 9NEWS Reporter Dave Delozier Tuesday afternoon for the first time since Jessica was reported missing on her walk to school.

They encouraged community members to continue to help in the search attempts and thanked everyone for their donations of time, money, food and effort.

"We are strong, and we're just going to get stronger," Jessica's mom Sarah told 9NEWS' Delozier. "[Jessica's] my rock. She's all of our rock. When you're down, she'll come around, make you laugh, hug [and] kiss [you or] dance."

Her mom says Jessica is the light of the household. Even with all the people in the home, her mother says the house it too quiet without her exuberant spirit.

"I want her to come walking back through that door," Sarah said. "I need her to come walking back through that door."

Her mom said math is one of Jessica's favorite subjects and she would never miss school.

"It's not anything I want any parent to ever go through," Sarah said.

However, Sarah remains hopeful.

"We are a strong family," Sarah said. "We will get through this. We will find her and take care of her."

Jessica's father Jeremiah spoke also on Tuesday - echoing Sarah's sentiments and concerns.

"I just want to find my daughter. I just want her back home," Jeremiah said. "It's by far the worst thing I've ever been through - still is."
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »

Thank you for sharing Grace-land. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/police-release-video-showing-ridgeway-before-disappearance/

New Ridgeway Video Released, Mother & Father Speak Out
October 9, 2012 2:30 PM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4) – The mother and father of missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway addressed the media Tuesday afternoon.

Jessica’s mother Sarah Ridgeway said her daughter is the light of her life and was a very mature 10-year-old.

“She does everything on her own because she wants to make herself look like she’s a grownup,” Sarah Ridgeway said. “She wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager.”

Sarah Ridgeway said she had planned to talk about Jessica’s disappearance on Sunday but then her daughter’s backpack and water bottle were found in neighboring Superior.

“We knew (Jessica’s father) was coming into town this morning, so we wanted to wait for (him) to get here. He’s part of our extended family,” she said.

Jessica’s father, Jeremiah Bryant, lives in Independence, Mo. He arrived in Colorado on Tuesday and also spoke at the news conference.

“This is by far the worst thing I’ve ever been through,” Bryant said. “I don’t know what to do. I just want to find my daughter, I just want her back home.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

Thank you for sharing Grace-land. 

You're welcome, Amys Sister.  This is so sad.  I hope that they find her soon.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national/search-for-missing-girl-continues-in-colorado/article_cb86c1e7-e3c2-5f74-a039-64be48bc4039.html

Police release video of missing Colorado girl
1 hour ago  (October 9, 2012)

Jessica Ridgeway's mother along with her father, who lives in Missouri, also planned to make a plea for her return in an interview with a Denver television station Tuesday.

Denver media reported that an FBI evidence team arrived at the girl's home after family members left to record the interview. FBI spokesman Dave Joly confirmed some team members were at the home but declined to discuss what exactly they were doing.

Police spokesman Trevor Materasso implied that investigators were focusing attention on a possible abduction but refused to comment on what techniques police were using as they try to find her.

"We don't want to miss anything. We're going to cover our tracks," Materasso said.

He said her family has cooperated in the investigation from the start.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/jessica-ridgeways-father-says-fbi-asked-him-if-mom-did-it/

Jessica Ridgeway’s Father Says FBI Asked Him If Mom ‘Did It’
October 9, 2012 3:31 PM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4) – The father of the missing 10-year-old girl from Westminster said the FBI asked him if he thought the girl’s mother could be involved in her daughter’s disappearance.

Jessica Ridgeway’s father, Jeremiah Bryant, said he was approached by the FBI after his daughter went missing and they asked questions about Jessica’s mother, Sarah Ridgeway.

“The FBI, they asked me if I thought she did it. I told them there’s no way that I would ever believe that,” Bryant said. “It’s just the same as she would tell them that I wouldn’t do something like that … I don’t see how any parent could do something like that to their child.”

Bryant lives in Independence, Mo., and traveled to Colorado to talk with the media on Tuesday.

An FBI evidence team went to the Ridgeways’ home in Westminster after family members left to record the interview for television, but it wasn’t clear what they might be looking for. Investigators could be seen from Copter4 searching the Ridgeways’ yard and a neighbor’s yard.

RELATED: New Ridgeway Video Released, Mother & Father Speak Out

A CBS4 photographer witnessed the FBI as they were wrapping up their search and said investigators some items in bags from the Ridgeway house.

Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said the family has been cooperating with the investigation since the start.

According to Richmond County Court in Independence, there was a civil action filed on behalf of Sarah and Jessica Ridgeway for “non-support” against Jeremiah Bryant this October. The action was filed in Colorado and probably sealed.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »

the distance could be wrong if i have Jessica house wrong,G img is from 2007
JMO,
Jessica disappeared at about 220 feet from the park
the total walk is 1/10th of a mile 528 feet about 2 minute,kids maybe 3 minute

i took this view from lewis ct, BC it would give me a simulated view from
the sidewalk,more inline to how far mom could see b4 mom lost sight
prob near lewis ct on the left at B and the  corner
http://goo.gl/maps/Pk31t

what Jessica would see ahead of her,just when mom prob lost sight
if you turn around you cant see home
http://goo.gl/maps/oEQBT

if Jessica got near this corner she could see this
http://goo.gl/maps/sXoDI

--------------------------------------
A. i think is Jessica house
B. is where i think Jessica mom, prob couldnt see her anymore
C. is the park
http://goo.gl/maps/YHMCn

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

the distance could be wrong if i have Jessica house wrong,G img is from 2007
JMO,
Jessica disappeared at about 220 feet from the park
the total walk is 1/10th of a mile 528 feet about 2 minute,kids maybe 3 minute

i took this view from lewis ct, BC it would give me a simulated view from
the sidewalk,more inline to how far mom could see b4 mom lost sight
prob near lewis ct on the left at B and the  corner
http://goo.gl/maps/Pk31t

what Jessica would see ahead of her,just when mom prob lost sight
if you turn around you cant see home
http://goo.gl/maps/oEQBT

if Jessica got near this corner she could see this
http://goo.gl/maps/sXoDI

--------------------------------------
A. i think is Jessica house
B. is where i think Jessica mom, prob couldnt see her anymore
C. is the park
http://goo.gl/maps/YHMCn

Great post CW.

One thing I notice is that there are no cars parked along the roadway anywhere in your google pics.  If there were a perp parked and waiting for Jessica he or she would have stood a great chance of seeming out of place.  If the perp drove by and scooped Jessica up that would have been risky considering the many houses lining the streets but this scenario is not out of the question because some perps are so driven by their need to harm a child they will do almost anything.

Still, why would they leave the backpack six miles away in a fashion that would seem they wanted the backpack to be found?  At that point he or she could have disposed of the backpack in a manner that it would never have been recovered.

Makes me believe the perp lives in Jessica's neighborhood and wanted to draw invetigators attention away from the neighborhood.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »

Mods, everyone...I have hit the 'Report to Moderator' button accidentally a few times on this cheap little tablet I am using and do NOT mean to!  Very sorry if it causes exra work or worry.

No worries.  Just "hitting" it doesn't get results.  You have to purposefully do actions to send.  But thank you for your concern.    
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:40:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:22 PM »

Many photos at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215413/I-know-I-didnt-Parents-missing-Colorado-girl-10-publicly-deny-involvement-disappearance-days-vanished-way-school.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

'I know I didn't do anything': Parents of missing Colorado girl, 10, publicly deny involvement in her disappearance five days after she vanished on way to school
PUBLISHED: 19:22 EST, 9 October 2012 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 9 October 2012

The parents of a 10-year-old Colorado girl who has been missing since last Friday spoke out for the first time on Tuesday, denying any involvement in her disappearance.

'I know I didn't do anything. Everybody that's here knows I didn't do anything,' said Jessica Ridgeway's mother, Sarah, surrounded by relatives dressed in purple - her daughter's favorite color. 

She added, 'Nobody in this room did anything to harm her or a tiny hair on her little head.'

Sarah Ridgeway was joined by ten family members, among them her ex-husband, Jeremiah Bryant, who said that when questioned by the FBI if his former spouse could have anything to do with the 10-year-old's disappearance, he said 'no.'

'I don't see how any parent could do something like that to their child,' Bryant added, according to Fox31.

Appearing composed for most of the 38-minute-long pubic statement, the girl's mother told a reporter that she understands that police need to conduct an investigation before they eliminate her from the list of potential suspects.

'I know it's something that has to get done,' she said. 'The have to get it out of there.'
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:22 PM »

A four minute Video of a 38-minute interview

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/09/video-jessica-ridgeways-family-speaks-with-the-media/

VIDEO: Jessica Ridgeway’s family speaks with the media
Posted Oct 09, 2012

The family of Jessica Ridgeway gathers at the Westminster Police Department on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, to talk about Jessica and ask for her safe return.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »

Video of the entire interview with the family

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/7819984-jessica-ridgeway-newser/

Entire News Conference With Jessica Ridgeway's Family
October 9, 2012
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »

Video from this evening's two vigils at the link

Hundreds gather to support missing girl
10:15 PM, Oct 9, 2012

WESTMINSTER - Hundreds gathered at two separate vigils in Westminster and Superior Tuesday night to show support for Jessica Ridgeway, the 10-year-old girl who disappeared Friday morning.

The big gathering was at Kensington Park in Westminster. It's estimated around 700 people showed up at the Westminster park.

An additional gathered at Rock Creek Superior Community Park in Superior, near the area where Jessica's book bag was found on Sunday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:17 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/fbi-expert-gives-insiders-look-into-agencys-role-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation/

FBI expert gives insider’s look into agency’s role in Jessica Ridgeway investigation
Posted on: 10:21 pm, October 9, 2012

FOX31 Denver spoke with Bob Pence, a former FBI special agent in charge with more than 30 years of experience. We asked him what investigators are looking for, and are the little girl’s family members suspects in her disappearance?

“At this stage they’re trying to put together what happened here. Timelines, what really occurred, who might be involved. So it’d certainly be determined by what they find for them to say yes or no the family’s involved, the family isn’t,” Pence said.

They searched inside the home and outside looking for any clues about what happened to Jessica.

“It’s vital that they get every piece of evidence that someone saw something, maybe even something minor.”

That’s what Pence says is most important – the community’s help in coming forward with any information that may lead to Jessica’s safe return.

“Maybe just the color of a car, maybe a car, maybe a person, maybe a brief description of the person,” he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.