April 19, 2024, 01:31:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871119 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1200 on: October 30, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1201 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »

This is a case that tears at your heart. How could it not.

On one hand I wish Sigg many years of torment and on the other, I don't believe that anyone under 18 should be executed. And believe me, I support the Death Penalty in every circumstance. To think that Sigg would ever be executed is ludicrous in and of itself. His attorneys would tie this up for a century and there would be nothing but wasted tax dollars.

Each and every of his psychological disorders would be entered and argued and in the end - life in prison. He's a despicable piece of garbage and although it appears his mother did try to get him the help he needed - his father missing from his life was a major factor in the sequence of events that ended Jessica's life. We'll probably hear how sorry he was and he wipes the tears from his eyes at sentencing and a few years later his attorneys will attempt to have his sentence reduced, if not a new trial all together. The whole thing is a tragedy - for Jessica, especially.

Lastly, no one under 18 should be executed - they aren't legal adults, even though their crimes are just as heinous. A child should not fight in a war, nor vote - they're not yet equipped to make those decisions - even though they can kill. And often probably do deserve societies harshest penalty.

Sigg will never be rehabilitated - so life in prison is all there is for him. And in the end, that's what's best, for society.

Prayers for Jessica.

an angelic monkey

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1202 on: October 30, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »

Well said Rob.  Gives us much to think about. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »

I may be callous, but I don't blame Austin Sigg's father, mother, grandparents or teachers or preachers for what Austin did.

I blame Austin for what Austin did.

What an evil thing to do by an evil "child."

Of course, he will not get death, or a life sentence.

I do wish he gets the most severe penalty that law allows.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »

I may be callous, but I don't blame Austin Sigg's father, mother, grandparents or teachers or preachers for what Austin did.

completely agree with u.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »

Brandi,

I totally agree.  I remember as a young mother being told if I insist upon feeling guilty for the bad things my children do, then I would need to take responsibility for the good they do and for their accomplishments.   

Having had a challenging childhood,   raised four children, and working for child protective services, I have seen so many situation in which a person could use their life experiences as excuses,  but they do not.   In fact,  aside from self medicating, I find it interesting how many people rise above their pasts. 

Unless some major new information is provided, I give his mother credit for making the phone call.  She did not try to hide him,  send him out of the country, etc.   She did what she felt was right.

MOO
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »

Teenage Suspect in Ridgeway Murder Charged with 17 Counts
Oct 30 2012

::snipping2::

Sigg entered the courtroom Tuesday morning wearing a green jumpsuit; his wrists and ankles were shackled together. While he was alert during the hearing, he did not speak or appear to ask questions of his attorneys.

ABC affiliate KMGH reports that eight members of Ridgeway's family were in the courtroom for the arraignment, all dressed in the 10-year-old's favorite color, purple. Sarah Ridgeway, Jessica's mother, wore a white T-shirt decorated with eagle wings carrying a purple ribbon. The shirt bore the phrase "Justice for Jessica."

When the sexual assault charge was read, Sarah Ridgeway put her head down.

On the opposite side of the courtroom, Sigg's parents sat a few rows behind their son, keeping his younger brother between them. At one point Mindy Sigg rubbed her ex-husband's back. Rob Sigg appeared to mutter several prayers to himself before and throughout hearing.

At the end of the hearing, Sigg's mother, father and younger brother all sat with their heads down.

http://www.kgoam810.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29932464
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: October 31, 2012, 07:16:24 AM »

17 Year Old Austin Sigg Charged as Adult with 17 Counts Including Felony Murder, Kidnapping & Sexual Assault in Death of Jessica Rideway and Attempted Kidnapping in Ketner Lake Earlier this Year

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/10/31/17-year-old-austin-sigg-charged-as-adult-with-17-counts-including-felony-murder-kidnapping-sexual-assault-in-death-of-jessica-rideway-and-attempted-kidnapping-in-ketner-lake-earlier-this-year/

Sorry, 17 year old’s need to face the death penalty as well.

Austin Sigg, the 17 year old teenager who confessed to the death of 10 year old Jessica Ridgeway, has been charged as an adult. Austin Sigg has been charged with 17 different counts that include felony murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. Eleven of the counts are related to 10 year old Jessica Ridgeway that include, murder in the first degree, two counts of second-degree kidnapping, robbery and sexual assault on a child.

[...]

Sorry, but when a person hits the trifecta of kidnapping, murder and dismemberment, you should not be allowed to live no matter how old you are. Today, 15 year old’s are no different from 18 year old’s. We need to ask ourselves as a society, who do our laws protect? Are you kidding me that we let this twisted, evil SOB live!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »

THE MISSING CHARGES

Why was the dismembering of a body; the illegal disposal of human remains as well as the planting of evidence meant to obstruct an investigation not included in today's charges against Austin Sigg?

Is it not a crime to dismember a body? Is it not a crime to illegally dispose of a body? Is it not a crime to plant evidence (backpack) with the intentions to obstruct an investigation?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1030/20121030_121657_People%20v.%20Sigg%20Charging%20Document.pdf

++++++

Response

Janet,

It appears you are asking why certain charges may not have been filed and this type of question would need to be directed to the District Attorney’s office.  It is not the police departments position or responsibility to charge every possible charge that could apply to an investigation, but rather work with the District Attorney to determine which charges are most appropriate on a case by case basis.

Investigator Trevor Materasso
Westminster Police Department

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1209 on: October 31, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

THE MISSING CHARGES

Why was the dismembering of a body; the illegal disposal of human remains as well as the planting of evidence meant to obstruct an investigation not included in today's charges against Austin Sigg?

Is it not a crime to dismember a body? Is it not a crime to illegally dispose of a body? Is it not a crime to plant evidence (backpack) with the intentions to obstruct an investigation?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1030/20121030_121657_People%20v.%20Sigg%20Charging%20Document.pdf

++++++

Response

Janet,

It appears you are asking why certain charges may not have been filed and this type of question would need to be directed to the District Attorney’s office.  It is not the police departments position or responsibility to charge every possible charge that could apply to an investigation, but rather work with the District Attorney to determine which charges are most appropriate on a case by case basis.

I don't know, but you raise good questions.

I  suspect no gun was used to kidnap Jessica because there were no charges for
criminal storage of a firearm
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1210 on: October 31, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

I feel so badly for Jessica's mother, Aunt, grandmother, father, cousins, her little friends etc.  Just heart breaking what they are going through. How do they forgive the unforgivable.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »

I feel so badly for Jessica's mother, Aunt, grandmother, father, cousins, her little friends etc.  Just heart breaking what they are going through. How do they forgive the unforgivable.

They remind me of Somer Thompson's mother, Diena Thompson. Both Diena and Jessica's mother and family have the wherewithal to go to the court hearings of the murderer of their child. Takes a special person to be able to do that while in mourning, I'd think.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

THE MISSING CHARGES

++++++

Response

Janet,

The following is an unexpected second response to my email query.  An afterthought?

Janet,

To answer your questions would require an in-depth conversation and it would be a violation of the court order (gag order).  There are legal basis and the District Attorney would be best suited to explain this.  This is a common function and practice of law enforcement, the prosecutor and courts.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: October 31, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

I have emailed the District Attorney's office with my questions regarding the missing charges as Investigator Trevor Materasso suggested.  Maybe I will get a response.  Maybe not.  I did not expect a response from Materasso.

Janet

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

I have emailed the District Attorney's office with my questions regarding the missing charges as Investigator Trevor Materasso suggested.  Maybe I will get a response.  Maybe not.  I did not expect a response from Materasso.

Janet

I doubt you will get any answers to your questions.

There is a gag order. And the DA does not have a duty to explain his actions to the general public, IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1215 on: October 31, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »

Whether Austin recieves the death penalty or not I am sure he will never be released from prison.  I do understand Rob's point, though.  At what age is the death penalty considered unjust?  15?  12?  9?  4?  Shouldn't there be some age where we say this is not okay?  Or should it be based strictly on behavior and the crime committed? 

Predators walking our streets even after it is known they are a predator is a real issue and one that gets me hot under the collar.  Britney Woods uncle as an example... we know he's a predator.  He's like a virus spreading his disease and could be the reason Britney's brother and other members of their family are so effed up.  At this moment he is more of a threat than Austin Sigg because he's not incarcerated. 

I do believe parents are a huge factor in what their children become.  I know that how I have interacted with my children, what I have exposed them to, in what ways I have assisted in developing their minds, the activities we have done, the moments we have shared, how they have been educated, fed, loved... all of that is my doing and they will be for better or worse because of it and society will be better or worse for it, too.

You either have a healthy tomato plant or a sick and neglected one.  Same with pets.  Same with kids.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1216 on: October 31, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1217 on: October 31, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

They remind me of Somer Thompson's mother, Diena Thompson. Both Diena and Jessica's mother and family have the wherewithal to go to the court hearings of the murderer of their child. Takes a special person to be able to do that while in mourning, I'd think.

Oh Brandi you are so right.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »

Janet

There is a gag order. And the DA does not have a duty to explain his actions to the general public, IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Brandi ... I believe you are right.  There will be no answers to my queries regarding yesterday's charges again Austin Sigg ... charges that did not include any counts  encompassing the dismembering of a body; the illegal disposal of a body; and the planting of evidence in an attempt to obstruct the investigation.

Nevertheless ... there remains an elephant in the room when the unanswered question is considered.  "WHY is there a gag order encompassing the events that followed the October 5th kidnapping, rape and murder of Jessica Ridgeway if Austin Sigg acted alone?"

Janet

+++++

The following is an unexpected second response to my email query.  An afterthought?

Janet,

To answer your questions would require an in-depth conversation and it would be a violation of the court order (gag order) There are legal basis and the District Attorney would be best suited to explain this.  This is a common function and practice of law enforcement, the prosecutor and courts.

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1219 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »

Janet

Just my thoughts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.