March 28, 2024, 02:09:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 869500 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1280 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »

http://www.coloradosmissingchildrenfoundation.org/press-release/

Press Release 11/7/2012

CMCF has given an exclusive interview to FOX31 news and the CW2. Please watch the newcast at 09:00 p.m. tonight by reporter Justin Joseph. We will not be speaking to any other media outlets at this time.
Thank you
Miki Lynes,
Director of Communitcations
---------------------------
http://kwgn.com/2012/11/07/ridgway-family-orders-foundation-stop-using-jessicas-name/
Ridgeway family orders foundation to stop using Jessica’s name
Posted on: 5:06 pm, November 7, 2012, by Web Staff, updated on: 10:19am, November 8, 2012

::snipping2::
Wednesday, only FOX31 Denver cameras were there when the Ridgeway family served the foundation with a cease and desist letter.

According to the letter, Jessica’s name is used repeatedly by the foundation both on their website and on a Facebook event for a fundraiser called the Purple Ribbon Tattoo Event scheduled for Saturday.

“Your organization has ‘Remember Jessica’ prominently displayed on the advertisements for this Purple Ribbon Tattoo Event fundraiser and you are selling ‘Justice for Jessica’ bracelets, and ‘Jessica Ridgeway’ window decals for purchase,” the letter said.

“The family has tried to address this issue with you informally by repeatedly asking you to stop using Jessica’s name as a fundraising tool for your organization,” it continues. “You have not respected the family’s wishes and are continuing to make money off of Jessica’s name.”

The foundation allowed FOX31 Denver reporter Justin Joseph to listen to a voice mail from Jessica Ridgeway’s aunt which it says shows the foundation had a good relationship with the Ridgeway family.

“Hi, this is Rebecca Ridgeway. I’m sorry for (the disagreement). I believe you’ve helped raise awareness for the world and I’m truly grateful for that.”

When Fox 31 Denver reached Ridgeway, she felt differently.

”They’re liars,” Ridgeway said. “Tell the public this is not about the money. This is about the fact Jessica’s name and image is not theirs to use.”

The foundation says it will comply after the next event which is scheduled this weekend.

The Saturday fundraiser, scheduled to happen at the Springhill Suites hotel in Westminster, is asking for a $20 donation for a tattoo or $5 for a temporary tattoo. The event will also sell T-shirts, decals and bracelets, according to a flyer advertising the event.

The foundation’s website has numerous photos of Ridgeway and flyers for the Light Up the Night for Jessica event that took place the week she went missing.

The foundation members claim they filed paperwork with the Secretary of State on Friday. The paperwork had not appeared on the Secretary of State’s website as of Wednesday.

unless they are trying to profit personally, i dont get why they would be so upset. If they are a legit foundation, which i have no idea, i would think they would want to support efforts for missing and murdered children.

Bingo!!

I agree kcrn.

Nevertheless ... if I headed the foundation and the family objected to my efforts on Jessica's behalf ... I would respect their wishes.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1281 on: November 11, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20645578,00.html

Jessica Ridgeway Murder-Dismemberment Suspect Wanted to Be a Mortician: Friends
By HOWARD BREUER
11/06/2012 at 06:30 PM EST

Austin Sigg's behavior seemed to change about a year ago, when the Colorado teen became more emotional and argumentative, showed an interest in crime scene investigation and bypassed his senior year of high school to study mortuary sciences in college, friends and classmates recall.

But it wasn't until Sigg was arrested in the Oct. 5 kidnapping, sexual assault, murder, and dismemberment of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, an attack that horrified and devastated families in the Denver area and across the country, that some friends, upon reflection, saw those behavioral shifts in a darker light.

"When I learned it was Austin, every single memory that gave insight to him doing it flashed into my head like a strobing movie," says Ash, 17, a close friend of Sigg's who asked that his full name not be used because Sigg's friends have been getting harsh comments on Facebook.

But little has been offered so far to explain what may have driven Sigg to commit such a horrifying crime. Experts say that it is rare for the murderer of a child to also dismember the victim, rarer still when the perpetrator is only a teen.

"He was completely harmless and non-threatening when I knew him," says classmate Joe Sanchez, 18, who spent time with Sigg and his girlfriend around Standley High School, at the Westminster Promenade and at the pool at the community rec center. "He went to school like any other student and did the work as well, he sat on the floor at lunch with his friends and was like any other kid."

But friends say they saw a change in Sigg about two years ago. "He became distant, more aggressive, more antisocial, and more dominative," says Ash, 17.

Austin Caisse, 17, a classmate since elementary school, says they frequently argued over such silly things as who was the cooler Austin or who had the better knife collection, but Caisse always figured Sigg "was more bark than bite."

But he stopped talking to Sigg roughly a year ago, when Sigg seemed to become even more of a hothead amid problems at school and at home.

Other students picked on Sigg over his dark choices in clothing, his voice and his sometimes-abrasive personality, says Caisse. Sigg’s father has been in and out of legal trouble and his mother had financial problems and a history of divorce, reports CBS4 in Denver.

A few months later, when Jacqueline Miller shared a Psychology 101 class with Sigg at Arapahoe, she recalls Sigg seeming particularly intrigued with her case study on serial killer Ted Bundy, she told The Denver Post.

She says that as she recalled how Bundy had no empathy for his victims, Sigg laughed to himself. "He was so lit up about what I was saying," Miller said. "He was asking about it. He was intrigued. It was almost like he was excited about it."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »

It appears that there had been a financial connection between the Ridgeway family and Colorado Missing Children's Foundation.

Janet

+++++

Jessica Ridgeway’s family asks foundation to stop using girl’s image
Published November 08, 2012

A Denver foundation for missing children created after Jessica Ridgeway vanished last month agreed to stop using her image for fundraising efforts after the girl’s family threatened legal action, KDVR.com reported.

The Ridgeway family served the Colorado Missing Children’s Foundation a cease and desist letter.

The letter claims that Jessica’s name is being used repeatedly by the foundation both on its website and on a Facebook fundraiser scheduled for Saturday called the Purple Ribbon Tattoo Event.

"The family has tried to address this issue with you informally by repeatedly asking you to stop using Jessica's name as a fundraising tool for your organization," the letter read. "You have not respected the family's wishes and are continuing to make money off of Jessica’s name."

The foundation's website has numerous photos of Ridgeway and fliers for the Light Up the Night for Jessica event that took place the week she disappeared.

The Colorado Missing Children's Foundation, which is comprised of a group of 10 friends, reportedly raised about $6,000 and gave the Ridgeway family more than $2,800.

Melissa Harding, a spokeswoman for the foundation, said the family raised the issue only after the money flow ebbed.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/08/jessica-ridgeways-family-asks-foundation-to-stop-using-girls-image/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/2012/11/the-initial-stages-of-the-jessica-ridgeway-foundation-are-under-way/

The initial stages of The Jessica Ridgeway Foundation are under way.
 – Posted on November 9, 2012Posted in: Featured, Featured Slider, News

Click Here to like the Facebook page of this.

In honor of Jessica Ridgeway the family is going to start the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation. The planning for this will be developed over the next year.  There are many ideas that are floating around and these all will be considered.

A Message from the Family

The Ridgeway family has been overwhelmed with the support we have received from people all over our state, the country and even the world. Jessica’s story has touched so many and we would like to give back to the community in her name.
Works In Progress With The Jessica Ridgeway Foundation

RENAMING CHELSEA PARK AFTER JESSICA

* The motion to rename Chelsea Park has passed the advisory Board of the Parks & Recreation Dept. in Westminster!

* Waiting to see if City Council will pass the motion to rename Chelsea Park. This will take place on November 26, 2012 at 7 PM.

* The new name for the park that is now called Chelsea Park has yet to be decided, but it will be renamed in Jessica’s memory.

Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Gardens

* The Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Gardens will be part of what is now called Chelsea Park and is in it’s planning stages.

Cheerleading Camp

Jessica really wanted to do Cheerleading and this will be something that will give a positive part to her memory.

* A cheerleading camp in Jessica’s name is in it’s planning stages
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: November 12, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1285 on: November 12, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/2012/11/the-initial-stages-of-the-jessica-ridgeway-foundation-are-under-way/

The initial stages of The Jessica Ridgeway Foundation are under way.
 – Posted on November 9, 2012Posted in: Featured, Featured Slider, News

Click Here to like the Facebook page of this.

In honor of Jessica Ridgeway the family is going to start the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation. The planning for this will be developed over the next year.  There are many ideas that are floating around and these all will be considered.

A Message from the Family

The Ridgeway family has been overwhelmed with the support we have received from people all over our state, the country and even the world. Jessica’s story has touched so many and we would like to give back to the community in her name.
Works In Progress With The Jessica Ridgeway Foundation

RENAMING CHELSEA PARK AFTER JESSICA

* The motion to rename Chelsea Park has passed the advisory Board of the Parks & Recreation Dept. in Westminster!

* Waiting to see if City Council will pass the motion to rename Chelsea Park. This will take place on November 26, 2012 at 7 PM.

* The new name for the park that is now called Chelsea Park has yet to be decided, but it will be renamed in Jessica’s memory.

Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Gardens

* The Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Gardens will be part of what is now called Chelsea Park and is in it’s planning stages.

Cheerleading Camp

Jessica really wanted to do Cheerleading and this will be something that will give a positive part to her memory.

* A cheerleading camp in Jessica’s name is in it’s planning stages

Thanks Grace

The creation of the Ridgeway family's foundation speaks volumes in regards to the falling out with The Colorado Missing Children's Foundation. IMO

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1286 on: November 13, 2012, 12:05:20 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/JessicaRidgewayFoundation

Jessica Ridgeway Foundation
Friday.

Just wanted everyone to know that this foundation has nothing to do with the Colorado Missing Children Foundation (CMCF) that has been in the news. The Jessica Ridgeway Foundation is Done by the Family.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: November 13, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »

Thank you, Brandi, how beautiful!  Rest in Peace, Jessica.  an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1288 on: November 13, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ridgeway-and-operation-shepherd-2012-1

Jessica Ridgeway and 'Operation Shepherd 2012'

CRIME NEWSNOVEMBER 13, 2012BY: RADELL SMITH

By Monday evening "Operation Shepherd 2012" participants had made compliance checks on 727 sex offenders in Colorado, where Jessica Ridgeway was abducted, raped and murdered.

Ridgeway's killer was not a registered sex offender, but if he is convicted in a court of law for his crimes against her he will become one.

Then Austin Sigg will have to register as a convicted sex offender if he is ever released from prison, just like the 15,000 convicted sex offenders currently residing in the state.

And if the law enforcement agency tasked with keeping up with him don't do their job, then it could be a repeat of the John Gardner case in California, where two young teens--Amber Dubois and Chelsea King--lose their life as a result.

Convicted sex offenders are supposed to register their address with the local law enforcement in their area upon release, and to notify the agency when they move, as well as register at the agency in the new location.

They don't always do that.

The 36 agencies involved in the Operation Shepherd round up couldn't find many of the sex offenders where they were supposed to be living when they began doing compliance checks on them this weekend.

And that means some of the offenders could be operating undetected elsewhere, putting children at risk.

If a child goes missing, like Jessica Ridgeway did, police need to know that they can locate and account for any convicted and registered sex offenders in that neighborhood quickly. If they can't it makes the investigation process that much more complicated at a really bad time, when time is of the essence.

Operation Shepherd events, however, allow police to periodically check up on sex offenders' registered home and work situations, to confirm all is as it should be.

CBS Denver reported all wasn't as it should be with as many as 16 offenders being sought during the three week long event, and one man in question had not registered as he was supposed to, and was found with a crack pipe on him four and a half hours after police started searching for him.

Police arrested one man that they found in home with children, but he wasn't supposed to even be around children, let alone living with them.

Law enforcement compliance sweeps in Colorado and other states help to ensure that convicted sex offenders don't escape the monitoring net and gain the opportunity to re-offend against a child.

But they also rely on the public to help keep them in the know too, seeking any tips about unreported sex offender address changes.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: November 13, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »

Questions raised about Jessica Ridgeway fundraiser
7:42 PM, Nov 13, 2012 

NORTHGLENN - The feeling Rick Regalado has are like those of many. When 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was kidnapped and murdered, Regalado wanted to do something to help her family. He found that opportunity on Facebook, where he learned about a fundraiser called Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway.

"It was advertised on Facebook and I was invited by a friend on Facebook," Regalado said. "When I saw they needed help I offered to do what I could."

He agreed to supply sound and lighting equipment for the musical acts at the fundraiser and helped to book more than a dozen bands.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/299727/339/Questions-raised-about-Ridgeway-fundraiser
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1290 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:27 AM »

Video at link

http://www.9news.com/news/article/299847/339/Ridgeway-family-approves-of-Jessica-fundraiser

Ridgeway family approves of Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway fundraiser
7:11 PM, Nov 14, 2012

DENVER - The Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway fundraiser has been approved by Jessica's family. The event is scheduled for Dec. 8 and 9 at a location to be determined.

The fundraiser will include live music. Organizers are actively working to finalize the entertainment lineup. Donations will be accepted. The funds raised will go the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation.

There was some confusion initially about the family's approval of the event. The organizer of Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway, Cathy Valentine, had been communicating with friends of the Ridgeway family. When 9NEWS initially asked the family about the event, a family spokesperson was unaware of the fundraiser. The family now supports the fundraising event and expressed their gratitude to the community.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1291 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »

Video at link

http://www.9news.com/news/article/299847/339/Ridgeway-family-approves-of-Jessica-fundraiser

DENVER - The Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway fundraiser has been approved by Jessica's family. The event is scheduled for Dec. 8 and 9 at a location to be determined.

The fundraiser will include live music. Organizers are actively working to finalize the entertainment lineup. Donations will be accepted. The funds raised will go the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation.

There was some confusion initially about the family's approval of the event. The organizer of Purple Prayers for Jessica Ridgeway, Cathy Valentine, had been communicating with friends of the Ridgeway family. When 9NEWS initially asked the family about the event, a family spokesperson was unaware of the fundraiser. The family now supports the fundraising event and expressed their gratitude to the community.

[/img]http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/WEATHER/Animation1a.gif[/img]

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1292 on: November 15, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »

Video at link

[/img]http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/WEATHER/Animation1a.gif[/img]
oops!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1293 on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/arvada/news/defense-team-wants-sigg-tried-as-a-juvenile/article_50927a34-f75a-5252-987d-c9d284f77862.html

Defense team wants Sigg tried as a juvenile
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:46 pm | Updated: 6:40 pm, Tue Nov 6, 2012.

A new Colorado legal procedure will be put to the test in one of the most high-profile juvenile cases to hit the state.

Through this particular procedure Austin Sigg, the 17-year-old defendant in the murder of Jessica Ridgeway, could end up being tried in juvenile court, rather than adult court.

Jefferson County District Attorney Scott Storey filed for Sigg to be tried as an adult in the case.

But during a hearing on Oct. 30, Sigg’s defense team said they intend to file a motion for a reverse transfer hearing.

This legal procedure, allowed under House Bill 1271, would require the prosecution to make a case as to why Sigg should not be tried in juvenile court.

The defense team would also have the opportunity to present evidence supporting why Sigg should be tried in juvenile court. Judicial District Chief Judge Stephen Munsinger, will make the final decision.

Professor of Law at the University of Colorado Law School in Boulder, Aya Gruber, said although the defense is taking this approach, in her opinion, Sigg would still end up being tried as an adult. She said due to the fact that he is on the cusp of being an adult at the age of 17, and because of the nature of the extremely violent crime he is being charged with, she would guess the judge will decide on adult court, rather than juvenile court.
During the reverse transfer hearing, Gruber said some of the evidence for and against Sigg will be discussed, which could give people a glimpse into the investigation and the personality of Sigg.

“We may learn about the crime itself, or the impact the crime has made on the victims, or even some mental health issues on Sigg’s part could come out during the reverse transfer hearing,” she said. “The judge will be under an enormous amount of pressure to make the final decision.”

If Sigg is tried as an adult he could face life in prison with parole after 40 years. If he is tried in juvenile court, he could face seven years.

Sigg remains in juvenile detention. The next hearing, a status conference, is set for 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 27.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/arvada/news/defense-team-wants-sigg-tried-as-a-juvenile/article_50927a34-f75a-5252-987d-c9d284f77862.html

Defense team wants Sigg tried as a juvenile
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:46 pm | Updated: 6:40 pm, Tue Nov 6, 2012.

A new Colorado legal procedure will be put to the test in one of the most high-profile juvenile cases to hit the state.

Through this particular procedure Austin Sigg, the 17-year-old defendant in the murder of Jessica Ridgeway, could end up being tried in juvenile court, rather than adult court.

Jefferson County District Attorney Scott Storey filed for Sigg to be tried as an adult in the case.

But during a hearing on Oct. 30, Sigg’s defense team said they intend to file a motion for a reverse transfer hearing.

This legal procedure, allowed under House Bill 1271, would require the prosecution to make a case as to why Sigg should not be tried in juvenile court.

The defense team would also have the opportunity to present evidence supporting why Sigg should be tried in juvenile court. Judicial District Chief Judge Stephen Munsinger, will make the final decision.

Professor of Law at the University of Colorado Law School in Boulder, Aya Gruber, said although the defense is taking this approach, in her opinion, Sigg would still end up being tried as an adult. She said due to the fact that he is on the cusp of being an adult at the age of 17, and because of the nature of the extremely violent crime he is being charged with, she would guess the judge will decide on adult court, rather than juvenile court.
During the reverse transfer hearing, Gruber said some of the evidence for and against Sigg will be discussed, which could give people a glimpse into the investigation and the personality of Sigg.

“We may learn about the crime itself, or the impact the crime has made on the victims, or even some mental health issues on Sigg’s part could come out during the reverse transfer hearing,” she said. “The judge will be under an enormous amount of pressure to make the final decision.”

If Sigg is tried as an adult he could face life in prison with parole after 40 years. If he is tried in juvenile court, he could face seven years.

Sigg remains in juvenile detention. The next hearing, a status conference, is set for 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 27.

if this sick twisted kid ends up with 7 years for this heinous crime i will lose all the respect( i had left) for our justice system. Please let this judge realize what a danger to society this kid is & imo will still be in 7 years. I dont believe that kind of evil can be rehabilitated. I dont care if he is legally a juvenile. This crime deserves a life sentence.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: November 27, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »

Austin Reed Sigg, Teen Suspect In Jessica Ridgeway Murder, Appears In Court, Will Be Tried As An Adult
Posted: 11/27/2012 1:37 pm EST Updated: 11/27/2012 1:39 pm EST

Austin Reed Sigg, the 17-year-old suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction-murder case, appeared in court Tuesday morning for a status hearing where Sigg's attorneys were expected to request that the case be transfered to juvenile court in Jefferson County. However, Sigg's lawyers never filed the the reverse-transfer motion so 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg will be tried as an adult, 7News reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/austin-reed-sigg-suspect-_n_2198689.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: November 27, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »

Austin Sigg, suspect in Jessica Ridgeway case, will be tried as adult, transferred to jail
Posted:   11/27/2012 08:54:57 AM MST
November 27, 2012 8:9 PM GMTUpdated:   11/27/2012 01:09:10 PM MST

GOLDEN — Defense attorney's for the suspect in the murder and kidnapping of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway have waived his right to seek transfer to juvenile court.

Austin Sigg, who turns 18 in 52 days, will be tried in adult court.

The judge in the case also rule Tuesday that Sigg will be transferred from youth services, where he was being held in isolation, to county jail, where he will be in a special housing unit.

http://**/commented/ci_22073258?source=commented-
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »

Austin Sigg, suspect in Jessica Ridgeway case, will be tried as adult, transferred to jail
Posted:   11/27/2012 08:54:57 AM MST
November 27, 2012 8:9 PM GMTUpdated:   11/27/2012 01:09:10 PM MST

GOLDEN — Defense attorney's for the suspect in the murder and kidnapping of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway have waived his right to seek transfer to juvenile court.

Austin Sigg, who turns 18 in 52 days, will be tried in adult court.

The judge in the case also rule Tuesday that Sigg will be transferred from youth services, where he was being held in isolation, to county jail, where he will be in a special housing unit.

http://**/commented/ci_22073258?source=commented-

Thanks Northern Rose.

One disappointment.  Why was Austin afforded a placement in a special housing unit within the county jail?  The crimes committed by the majority of prisoners within the jail in all likelihood do not equate to the emotional, physical and sexual h--- that 10 year old Jessica experience at the hands of Austin Siggs.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Nov 27, 2012 4:11pm
Jessica Ridgeway Murder Suspect Eats Alone, Plays Sudoku

GOLDEN, Colo. — The teenage suspect accused of murdering and dismembering 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was called “intelligent and mature” by his jail supervisors and deemed fit to be held at an adult jail facility in Colorado.

Today, his jail supervisor, a security guard, and the supervisor of the Jefferson County adult jail all testified that because Sigg has demonstrated he is intelligent and mature, and has had no problems at the the juvenile facility, he could be safely transferred to the adult prison.

The witnesses testified that Sigg eats his meals alone and spends his time playing Sudoku.

Sigg’s attorney, a public defender, argued that Sigg’s small stature and the fact that other inmates could “potentially scream and yell at the child, Austin Sigg” should be kept in the juvenile facility. Judge Stephen Munsinger ruled that Sigg, who turns in 18 in January, should be transferred.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/jessica-ridgeway-murder-suspect-eats-alone-plays-sudoku/
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1299 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

Austin Reed Sigg, Teen Suspect In Jessica Ridgeway Murder, Appears In Court, Will Be Tried As An Adult
Posted: 11/27/2012 1:37 pm EST Updated: 11/27/2012 1:39 pm EST

Austin Reed Sigg, the 17-year-old suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction-murder case, appeared in court Tuesday morning for a status hearing where Sigg's attorneys were expected to request that the case be transfered to juvenile court in Jefferson County. However, Sigg's lawyers never filed the the reverse-transfer motion so 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg will be tried as an adult, 7News reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/austin-reed-sigg-suspect-_n_2198689.html
Surely they aren't already setting this up for attorney imcompetence on appeal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.