April 20, 2024, 05:40:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871246 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »

I vote that every pedophile be dismembered, that it somehow be disguised then permanently reattached to their foreheads and that it be the absolute law for any pedophile released back into society.  That might just stop these bleeding heart judges who believe in rehabilitation or those who sympathize because they have the same predilections or proclivities.  There is no cure, there is no rehabilitation and, IMO, with every one (which actually seems to be most of them) who gets a slap on the wrist many more are emboldened.  Or course, there is a much more expedient form of eradication, unfortunately it is still illegal.  Sorry, rant over.

There is no treatment by sending them to prisons or jails and then they are let out into society again.
I vote to have them sent to Aruba.

As depraved as that hellhole is, they'd probably like it there.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

I vote that every pedophile be dismembered, that it somehow be disguised then permanently reattached to their foreheads and that it be the absolute law for any pedophile released back into society.  That might just stop these bleeding heart judges who believe in rehabilitation or those who sympathize because they have the same predilections or proclivities.  There is no cure, there is no rehabilitation and, IMO, with every one (which actually seems to be most of them) who gets a slap on the wrist many more are emboldened.  Or course, there is a much more expedient form of eradication, unfortunately it is still illegal.  Sorry, rant over.

There is no treatment by sending them to prisons or jails and then they are let out into society again.
I vote to have them sent to Aruba.

Anywhere in the mideast would work too.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

Police search fields west of Standley Lake Thursday morning as the investigation into the Jessica Ridgeway case continues with officers from all over the metro area fanning out into multiple locations. (Steve Nehf, The Denver Post)

An Arvada police officer watches over the crime scene early in the morning, Thursday, October 11, 2012, on Leyden Road in west Arvada. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)

http://www.reporterherald.com/ci_21748319/jessica-ridgeway-search-westminster-police-plan-6-45?source=most_viewed

Good evening Monks and Monkettes,

There is little doubt in my mind that this is <b>all for Jessica</b>. And the hunt for a truly despicable monster.

Whoever did this is a massive danger to the community and to children everywhere. My only wish is I could execute him myself.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »

FBI releases psychological profile of suspect in Jessica Ridgeway kidnapping
Posted: 10/11/2012
Last Updated: 25 minutes ago

::snipping2::

On Thursday morning, Westminster police said the body found in an open space park about 6 miles from her home was "not intact" so it was difficult to identify the body.

Several sources have told 7NEWS that several parts of the body were still missing.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation said because of the condition of the remains, a positive identification will not be determined before mid- to late-afternoon Friday.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/jessica-ridgeway/fbi-releases-psychological-profile-of-suspect-in-jessica-ridgeway-kidnapping
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »

Here's the UK Daily post. I haven't seen anyone post it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215982/Jessica-Ridgeway-Body-feared-missing-Colorado-10-year-old-Arvada.html

Some very very nice pictures of Jessica, especially of her and her doll. Whatta lil angel girl.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

http://twitter.com/9news

Anastasiya Bolton‏@abolton9news

Arvada body found by workers who typically pick up trash in that area, 9NEWS has learned.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »

Here's the UK Daily post. I haven't seen anyone post it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215982/Jessica-Ridgeway-Body-feared-missing-Colorado-10-year-old-Arvada.html

Some very very nice pictures of Jessica, especially of her and her doll. Whatta lil angel girl.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »

Arvada and Westminster Police, Fire, and EMS Live Audio Feed
STEREO FEED: LEFT side = Arvada City Police and Fire *** RIGHT side = Westminster City Police and fire
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=53

Colorado State Patrol (Denver Dispatch) Live Audio Feed
STEREO FEED: LEFT side = Troops 1A/C and 6A/B/D *** RIGHT side = Troops 1D, 3A/B/C and 6C
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=36

Denver Metro News Helicopter and CDOT Eisenhower Tunnel Control Live Audio Feed
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=7395

county list
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=8

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »

Has anyone heard anything more on what was found near the lake?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »

Search For Evidence Continues In Jessica Ridgeway Investigation

October 11, 2012 7:56 PM

On Standley Lake in Westminster located at 100th Avenue and Simms Street, north of where the body was discovered, investigators searched the shoreline in the water for evidence.

The agents were from Jefferson and Douglas Counties. A Douglas County Mobile Crime Lab was also set up in the area. Investigators filled bags with evidence and stacked them in a nearby SUV. They have not confirmed what they were looking for or what, if anything, was discovered.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/search-for-evidence-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation/
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

Nancy Grace's, guest, "Woody" said the child never made it to the park, he suggested to focus between her house and the park, I am paraphasing.. I did not do a reverse address search, to see who the neighbors are, I was distracted by talk of the puppy guy and the candy man.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »

Police Not Ruling Out Possible Connection To Attempted Abduction Suspect
October 11, 2012 8:15 PM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4)- Police and other agencies investigating the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway are not ruling out a possible connection to an attempted abduction suspect.

Police in Arvada have been investigating two cases of attempted abduction since Sept. 9. Now police in Westminster are taking a closer look at the case to see if there is a connection to Jessica’s disappearance.

On that day a child was approached by a stranger near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada. The stranger allegedly offered candy and asked the child to come to his car.

Three days later another child was approached by a similar stranger offering candy at Fitzmorris Elementary School.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:43 AM »

FBI Profiler says Jessica suspect could strike again
9:57 PM, Oct 11, 2012

WESTMINSTER - As the search for evidence in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation continues, the search for a suspect is intensifying.

The FBI has 50 agents working the Ridgeway investigation and they are asking the public to help them catch whoever is responsible.

Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/222/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: October 12, 2012, 01:26:01 AM »

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

23mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
Unless there is breaking news, there will be no additional updates tonight or tomorrow morning. #jessicaridgeway

57mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
@BroadcastMissin @SpringsAlliance Information on a positive ID isn't expected until mid-late Friday.CBI is conducting DNA testing.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:03 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/11/urgency-apparent-among-law-enforcement-working-jessica-ridgway-case/

Urgency apparent among law enforcement working Jessica Ridgway case
Posted on: 10:52 pm, October 11, 2012, by Justin Joseph

“From the helicopter you have footage of the body which would show the public that it’s not intact. This is extending the length of time it’s taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is,” said Trevor Materasso with the Westminster police dept.

Law enforcement sources tell FOX31 Denver’s Justin Joseph that the body is that of a young female. Because of the condition of the body they can’t say for certain if a sexual assault occurred, but sources say Wednesday, state and federal probation officers were asked to interview their clients with deviant sexual backgrounds in connection with the Ridgeway abduction.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/11/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Could Body Found in Field be Jessica Ridgeway?; Fitness Studio Sex Ring?

Aired October 11, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

KYRA PHILLIPS, HLN ANCHOR: Thanks for joining us on "EVENING EXPRESS." We`ll be back here tomorrow night. A bit of a wild ride today.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That`s right.

PHILLIPS: And Ryan Smith will be back soon from his honeymoon. JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL starts right now.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, a gruesome discovery in the middle of a Colorado field. Could it have anything to do with the search for missing fifth grader Jessica Ridgeway? What police found and the two words they used to describe it, next.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Tonight, cops make a shocking and gruesome discovery in the desperate search for missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway. Could a body found in a field just miles from where the young student vanished be little Jessica? Cops remain tight-lipped as they continue their hunt for a possible predator. And is there a connection to the ominous sightings of suspicious vehicles in the area? We`re investigating. And I`m taking your calls.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This afternoon a body was discovered near the Patridge Park open space.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re still waiting for police to identify a body they found last night just miles from where 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was last seen.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: On Twitter Jessica Ridgeway is the most popular story that`s being pushed.

JEREMIAH BRYANT, JESSICA`S FATHER: By far the worst thing I`ve ever been through. Still is. I just want to find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can`t imagine what she must be going through. I just thank the lord that I have my children and I pray that she will get hers returned.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: If you have any information, doesn`t matter how insignificant you may think it is, call.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I hope we find her safe.

SARAH RIDGEWAY, JESSICA`S MOTHER: I watch her walk out the door. And I shut the door. And that`s the last time I saw her.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, breaking news and a gruesome new mystery in the disappearance of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

Police discovered a body while searching for Jessica. But 24 hours later they have still not released a positive I.D.

Good evening. Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

The body was found in the middle of a field in Arvada, Colorado, yesterday about six miles away from Jessica`s home where she vanished walking to school. And today, police announced why it`s taking them so long to release the victim`s identity. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We appreciate the media recognizing that from the helicopter you have footage of the body which would show the public that it`s not intact. This is extending the length of time it`s taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Not intact. I shudder to think what that means. Of course, the question on everybody`s mind, and I say this with great regret, could it be Jessica Ridgeway?

The fifth grader vanished on Friday walking to school. I cannot imagine what Jessica`s parents are going through right now. The not knowing. Here`s Jessica`s mom talking about how she felt when she found out her precious daughter was missing.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

S. RIDGEWAY: You don`t hear anything. And then you get the pit in your stomach that you don`t want any -- any parent -- any parent to -- to ever experience in their whole entire life when you`ve been told your child`s been taken.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Since this unidentified body was found in Arvada, Colorado, we should mention that`s the very same city where two little girls told police a man in a white van followed them to school just the day before Jessica vanished. And that same van was reportedly seen in Jessica`s neighborhood the very day Jessica disappeared.

Cops still looking for tips, because no matter what we find out about that body in the field, one thing is for sure tonight. There is a child abductor, a predator on the loose. We need to catch him.

Call me, 1-877-JVM-SAYS, with your questions or thoughts. 1-877-586- 7297.

Straight out to Don Champion, reporter KMGH. Don, what do you know about this body in the field? How far exactly is it from where Jessica vanished? What`s the latest?

DON CHAMPION, REPORTER, WMGH: Jane, I can tell you that the body was found about six miles away from where Jessica lives. We do know investigators are still in the process of trying to identify it.

We also saw investigators out there at the scene for much of the day today. It`s pretty much a very isolated area where a lot of old coal mines are located. There are some homes in that area, but it`s very off the beaten path, if you will.

The police did continue their searches in that area today and also in open spaces around where Jessica`s house is. It`s clear right now that investigators are still needing help from the public in this case. As I speak the FBI is here holding a press conference right now going over things that people can look up -- look for in a possible suspect in this case.

So it`s very clear that investigators are still needing some tips coming in to them. So far, at last check, more than 600 tips have been phoned in to investigators.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Don, let`s talk about where the backpack was found. I believe we have a map that we`ve put together. We`ve got little Jessica going to school. And six miles away in a neighboring town, you see this unidentified body found. And then there was the backpack that was found just a couple of days after Jessica disappeared. Give us a sense of what does that tell us where -- where they were found?

CHAMPION: Well, quite frankly, I`ve spoken to some people who say it suggests that this man or the perpetrator, whoever did this, knows this area very well.
You talk about that neighborhood in Superior, which is about six miles away from Jessica`s house. That neighborhood is once again kind of isolated. And the location of where that backpack was found, you sort of have to know your way around that neighborhood. It`s not like it`s directly off of a highway, if you will.

And then you think about where the body -- where this body was found yesterday. Once again, not directly off of a highway in any way. So a very isolated area. So some people are suggesting that this possibly could mean that this person who did this knows this area very well.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, somebody who understands what this family is going through is one of my heroes, Diena Thompson. Her precious, beautiful 7-year-old daughter Somer vanished while walking home from school in 2009. She was with her siblings and simply ran ahead. Her body was found two days later in a landfill. And this neighborhood man, Jerrod Harrell, pleaded guilty to her murder. He was a guy who lived in the neighborhood and lured Somer into his house with a puppy.

Diena, again, you`re my hero. You`ve turned this hell into a foundation for your daughter -- in your daughter`s name to help other girls and stop these kinds of nightmares and horrific abductions. What are your thoughts as you listen to our reporter say, hey, the way this is coming together it appears that maybe this sicko is in the area, somebody from the area?

DIENA THOMPSON, MOTHER OF SOMER THOMPSON (via phone): I mean, obviously it wouldn`t surprise me at all, considering our monster lived half a mile away from us. And lived there for several weeks after he murdered Somer. They usually are around the place. I think they watch. And if she had the same routine, then he would know that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, then, Stacey Honowitz, Florida prosecutor, supervisor, sex crime unit, they need to find out anybody in this area who has a white van. Not to say that for sure the white van`s involved, but my gosh, that`s certainly a good lead. And isn`t there a way to find out every single person who has a white van in that region?

STACEY HONOWITZ, FLORIDA PROSECUTOR: Well, certainly everybody`s registered. Their vehicle has to be registered unless they decide not to. But they can check that. And you`re right, I mean, if there`s been sightings of a white van -- and obviously there were, because there were calls into the police department -- this is a major lead for them to go off of.

And right now we really don`t know what the investigation entails. But you can bet that that is part of it. And that`s probably a huge factor in it.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let`s go to the phone lines. Lori, British Columbia, your question or thought -- Lori.

CALLER: Hi, Jane. Nice to talk to you. This is just an absolute sad state of affairs. And I think the whole thing is what parents are going to have to do with your children, whether they`re 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, if somebody grabs you, you tell your child you`ve got to yell, you`ve got to kick, you`ve got to scream and you better yell. Because chances are that scum bag is going to drop you. And I think wasn`t it a few months ago that it happened in Wal-Mart that somebody grabbed a kid and the kid yelled and he dropped him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

CALLER: And also, too, you know, if you put this child in a van or whatever and this guy takes them to a secondary place, it`s game over.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Absolutely. You`ve made some good points, Lori. And I want to say this, Robi Ludwig, psychotherapist. Vans are the vehicle of choice for abductors. We know that. The reason being once somebody gets in a van, there`s generally no windows. And they can be contained in that van, as opposed to a regular vehicle. That`s what`s so scary.

ROBI LUDWIG, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You know, what really horrifies me about this is that there were warning signs. If in fact this white van is connected, kids said, hey. Two girls told cops a man in a white van followed them the day before Jessica went missing. I mean, we`ve got to -- we`ve got to have a rapid response when kids say this from now on.

LUDWIG: You know, I think sometimes when you tell the police something like that, they say we need more information. We need more details. And they sometimes don`t follow up until something horrendous happens. And that`s unfortunate. And I`m not exactly sure why that is.

But I`ve seen other situations where the police have been contacted, and they say "We can`t do anything. We need more details, more information. We don`t have any other reports yet."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, it`s complicated. Quickly, Don Champion, I know that the parents got a letter three weeks before Jessica disappeared about a sicko in a dark blue sedan trying to lure kids with candy. But did they also get the warning about this white van?

CHAMPION: We know that that incident the day before Jessica disappeared that the principal of the school where those kids went actually left a voicemail message for several parents. But there was another incident, that one that you`re talking about three weeks before, we do know the school district here did send home a letter...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Don, I got to jump in. You`re saying that, in the incident three weeks before, where a guy in a dark sedan said, hey, come here kids with candy, that letter went out. But the day before, you`re saying that the principal talked to the kids in that school. But Jessica didn`t go to that school. Yes or no, Don?

CHAMPION: The kids involved in the incident before Jessica`s disappearance, no, they did not go to Jessica`s school. They went to another one, which was about eight miles away or so.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So in other words Jessica`s mom would not have known that this white van was trolling the neighborhood. That`s my point. This is a problem. There`s got to be a region-wide alert. Telling just the kids who go to that one school isn`t good enough.

More on the other side. (COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

S. RIDGEWAY: She`s going to meet her friend because it is snowing. And, you know, she -- her friend says, yes, I`m walking too. And I watch her walk out the door. And I shut the door. And that`s the last time I saw her. I want her to come walking back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That poor mother wondering where is her precious daughter, 10-year-old Jessica.

Now, searching for Jessica, they have found a body that they are not identifying. And that body was found about six miles away from where Jessica vanished. Her backpack was found about 15 miles in the opposite direction. And, again, they cannot -- they are not identifying this body because the body is not intact. And I shudder to think what that means.

I`ve got to bring in Tom Shamshak, former police chief and private investigator. All of this sort of within a 15-mile radius, let`s say. It would appear since she disappeared Friday morning, they found the backpack late Saturday night around midnight. And now this discovery last night that this sicko whoever he is may have been in the area the whole time. And that just kills me.

TOM SHAMSHAK, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Jane, good evening. Yes, until there`s some scientific certainty, we won`t know definitively if this remains belongs to this case. But certainly the tragedy here is that everybody in the community was not fully aware of the presence of this what appears to be a predator out there trolling in the area.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me ask you this specifically. How do they identify this body if it`s not intact? Meaning obviously they can`t do a visual identification. And I don`t want to get into more detail. I think our viewers can do the math on that. What do they have to do, get DNA?

SHAMSHAK: Well, that`s one form. But I would say that the easiest remedy here is to get a hold of her dental records and then compare those records to the decedent`s skeletal remains.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But that -- I don`t know that that -- does that really make any sense? I mean, she disappeared last Friday. It`s been less than a week. When they say the body is not in tact -- well, Robi Ludwig.

LUDWIG: It`s not clear. I mean, in some cases there are pedophiles that are severely disturbed, and they dismember the body after they, you know, rape these children. So we don`t know what they`re talking about. We don`t know if the body`s in a decompensated state, which probably not, right? If this happened recently, that`s probably not the case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

LUDWIG: So we just don`t know what they mean when they use that terminology. We need more information.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. This search for Jessica, well, there`s no words to describe the toll that this is taking on her family. Her dad inconsolable a couple of days ago when he spoke out for the very first time. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BRYANT: This is by far the worst thing I`ve ever been through. Still is. I have nowhere to start, you know? I mean, I don`t -- I don`t know what to do. You know. I just want to find my daughter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: By the way, law enforcement has cleared both the father and the mother, who are separated, from any involvement in their daughter`s disappearance.

I want to go out to another one of my heroes, Erin Runnion, who`s joining me tonight from California. Your 5-year-old daughter, your precious Samantha, was abducted right from your front lawn by a man who asked her and her friend had they seen his little dog.

And now we`re hearing that three weeks prior to Jessica`s disappearance a man was trying to lure kids into a dark van -- sorry, dark sedan offering candy and that the day before she disappeared a man in a white van was trolling around and following little girls. Erin.

ERIN RUNNION, MOTHER OF SAMANTHA: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I know there are no words, but just help us -- help us understand this horror.

RUNNION: Oh, my heart just goes out to this family. This has been the longest six days of their lives. And this is the worst part. The worst part is the not knowing. The imagining your baby screaming in terror and pain. That is the worst part.

So I pray that they will have definitive resolution very soon. I suspect that they`re already coming to terms with that very likely news. But all you can really do at this point is focus on honoring -- honoring Jessica.

And I said it ten years ago, how many children is it going to take before this nation puts child protection first? And I`m afraid it`s just going to keep happening until people take seriously the needs to empower children to be safe in this world and to get safety education into schools across this country and to educate parents on recognizing what predatory behavior looks like and how these crimes can be reduced.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Erin, you said it very well. More on the other side.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JESSICA RIDGEWAY, MISSING GIRL: Do you want to be on camera? That`s where the camera is. See? Look. That`s the camera.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s the angel all of America`s looking for. And this unidentified body found six miles from where she disappeared. We`re waiting for news on who that -- who that is.

And we`ve still got this other story. Just about seven miles -- seven-hour drive from where Jessica vanished, there was the rape and abduction of an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyoming, right across the state line from Colorado. Again, that`s about seven or eight hours north of where Jessica disappeared.

Here`s what cops have to say about that in connection about this case.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re not at a point to say they are or are not connected. Obviously the team here is in direct communication with those working that incident in Cody. We`re sharing information to try to identify any similarities in those things. But we`re not making a connection at this time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jennifer Morgan, reporter TTN Denver, what do we know about the Cody incident and its possible connection to Jessica`s disappearance?

JENNIFER MORGAN, REPORTER, TTN DENVER (via phone): Well, coming out today the man who actually picked up the little girl walking down the road after she was abducted is coming out and speaking about what had happened when he found her.

And, again, there`s no connection at the moment. They`re focusing more on somebody who may be in town here in Arvada/Westminister/Denver area. But they are -- the man did say that the little girl was sexually abused. And when she got to call her mom in the car, she said, "He broke my heart."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. And we`ve got a description of that man. Again, this is a man 55 to 60, white SUV. And he told a group of girls he was looking for a lost puppy. And that`s when the 11-year-old got into his truck.

The girl was reported missing a few hours later and then she was found walking alone down a street. She was sexually assaulted. Obviously, we`re not mentioning her identity. But thank God that she got away or was let go. In this case it`s very, very different.

Dr. Robi Ludwig, psychotherapist, we don`t want to think about the unimaginable. But the fact obviously that they found a body within six miles of where this child disappeared.

LUDWIG: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Less than a week after she disappeared, raises the specter. And then, of course, the possibility of violence given the fact they say that this corpse is not intact. What is your understanding of pedophiles and violence?

LUDWIG: Well, pedophiles understand that people consider them disturbed. But they blame the child very often. They say the child is seducing them. And so when they actually engage in the sexual activity, they see the child as vile. And that`s sometimes what contributes to the violence and elimination. They want to eliminate the evidence that they were engaged in such disgusting behavior.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And such sick, evil people that exist in the world.

LUDWIG: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And as Erin Runnion put it...

LUDWIG: And there`s no cure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. But the cure is that nationally we wake up and create...

LUDWIG: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: If I lose a FedEx package, I can find it in a minute. But a child goes missing and you can`t find that child for six days? That`s unconscionable. We have the technology to prevent this from ever happening again.

And in just a few minutes, Nancy Grace will have so much more on the Jessica Ridgeway case. That`s at 8 p.m. Eastern right here on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:40 AM »

Police Not Ruling Out Possible Connection To Attempted Abduction Suspect
October 11, 2012 8:15 PM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4)- Police and other agencies investigating the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway are not ruling out a possible connection to an attempted abduction suspect.

Police in Arvada have been investigating two cases of attempted abduction since Sept. 9. Now police in Westminster are taking a closer look at the case to see if there is a connection to Jessica’s disappearance.

On that day a child was approached by a stranger near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada. The stranger allegedly offered candy and asked the child to come to his car.

Three days later another child was approached by a similar stranger offering candy at Fitzmorris Elementary School.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

Parents may want to be especially on guard on Halloween this year. The authorities had said they contacted schools in the area after the above referenced incident. Just curious, did the schools then turn around and tell all the parents the same info that there might be a predator in the area so that parents could take special precautions?

The news that Jessica's body was found not intact just made me even more ill than hearing the initial sad news. There is no punishment except for a public stoning that may be in order for the vicious creep that perpetrated this crime.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/11/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Body May Be Missing Colorado 10-Year-Old

Aired October 11, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, Westminster, Colorado. 8:30 AM, this little girl, 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway walks three blocks en route to school. Mommy watches as she walks away from home. Jessica never seen again.

FBI, search dogs descend onto Jessica`s home and back yard, taking away bags of evidence. Another piece of the puzzle, a mystery man tries to lure children into his car with candy nearby. But that incident never publicized.

Bombshell tonight. In the last hours, a terrible find in the search for the missing girl. After Colorado authorities comb the region non-stop, an awful discovery made late last night, a body found. The remains are not intact. Body parts are missing.

While police are not formally identifying the victim or the body, our sources say it is a small body. And it has been hacked to pieces.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There`s a big development I want to let you know about in the case of a missing 10-year-old Colorado girl, Jessica Ridgeway.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A grim discovery just a few miles from where 10-year- old Jessica Ridgeway went missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A body was discovered.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: About eight miles away from where she lived.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Very disturbing details.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: From the helicopter, you have footage of the body which would show the public that it`s not intact. (INAUDIBLE) the length of time it`s taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is.

ARAH RIDGEWAY, MOTHER: (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: But authorities say they`re continuing their search for this missing girl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Searching everywhere that they possibly can, in waterways, canals.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... actively engaged. The most eyes looking for this little girl all across America...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Statewide alert for a light blue station wagon with Colorado plates.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I just want to find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police holding up on that identification process right now because the body was not intact.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight, live to Westminster, Colorado. 8:30 AM, a little girl walks three blocks en route to school, mommy watching as she leaves, never seen again.

In the last hours, a terrible find in the search for missing Jessica, an awful discovery made last night. A body has been found. The body, the victim have not been identified by police formally, but our sources say it is a small body. And the body has been hacked into multiple pieces. We also know that pieces of the body, body parts, are missing from the scene.

We are live and taking your calls. Joining me there on the scene to take your calls, Nia Bender from TNN Denver. Nia, thank you for being with us. Describe the scene.

NIA BENDER, OPERATIONS MANAGER, TNN DENVER (via telephone): Well, right now, there is just a lot of police activity, a lot of police tape. I`m right near where they found the body, and a lot of work going on. And in about the last hour or so, we also got notification that about two miles north of here, near an area called Stanley Lake, they`re also searching for some other evidence. We can see the helicopters from here.
GRACE: Could you tell me about the discovery of the body, Nia Bender? With me is Nia Bender, there live on the scene. You are seeing aerial shots right now. And you can see from the adult men standing around the body that what they are covering up is small.

You are seeing video from KUSA, taking what was left of the body away. This is an open field. It`s really just a few miles away from Jessica and her mom`s home. You are seeing video that we are bringing to you.

Back to you, Nia Bender. I want to talk about how the body was found. And sources saying the body is small, hacked into pieces, no formal identification made as of tonight at this hour, meaning wondering were the fingertips of the body taken away, as well as, conceivably, the head so a formal ID cannot be made. That would preclude identification by fingerprints or dental records, forcing police to rely on DNA.

Which begs the question, where are the remaining body parts? Nia Bender, the discovery of the body -- what happened?

BENDER: Apparently, searchers found the body last evening. And it`s off, as you can see -- you know, this is very wide open. It`s an old coal mining area. It was found near a drain in a kind of a culvert. And they found it last night.

Of course, emergency equipment was out all night long. They lit up the area. Searchers were out last night. And all they would -- all Westminster would tell us is that the body was in very poor condition.

GRACE: Right now, the search is still going on. Many legal eagles and crime sleuths were wondering why the search was going on after a body has been found. They are combing literally between the grass blades, looking for evidence.

At this hour, that tiny body has still not been identified as 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway. But you have to wonder in a town a little over 100,000 population, who else could it be?

We are taking your calls live. Back to you, Nia Bender. Cops are refusing to identify this as being 10-year-old Jessica. Why?

BENDER: You know, they haven`t confirmed why. They said they needed to continue with their investigation. They`ve been very tight-lipped about every inch of this so far. And as I mentioned, just a little while ago, we found out that they`re now searching about four miles north of here for more evidence that they may have found.

GRACE: What is four miles north of there? What is there? Is there a trash dump? What is it?

BENDER: No, a very large lake called Stanley Lake.
GRACE: Oh, dear. I`m going to go right now to Arvada, Colorado. Joining me is Jeff Stauffer. He lives right beside the area where the remains were found. Mr. Stauffer, thank you for being with us.

JEFF STAUFFER, LIVES NEXT TO SITE (via telephone): You`re welcome.

GRACE: Sir, how close is your house to where this body has been found?

STAUFFER: I`d say actually -- well, maybe a quarter mile away, if that far. I live up on a hill, so I kind of look down on the area back up to the open space of the park there. So I kind of watched everything.

GRACE: Mr. Stauffer, what did you observe? That`s what I was going to ask you. What did you observe?

STAUFFER: I did -- well, just yesterday afternoon, I actually thought there was a traffic accident there, you know, not knowing what was going on. And then it just stayed there for hours and hours, and through the night, obviously.

And so just watched, but I had no idea what had happened until I actually heard it on the news, which I guess was about 7:30 that they actually made it to the news. And then actually, my wife told me. So I watched the news at 10:00 o`clock, and then just they showed all the shots there, which is pretty much (INAUDIBLE) see from my kitchen window. So then this morning...

GRACE: Mr. Stauffer, you said they stayed through the night? What do you mean by that?

STAUFFER: Well, I`m assuming there was police through the night because there was a bunch of lights lit up there. They had a big fire truck that had the boom, had lights on that, that was shining on the area where that culvert was that they`ve been showing on the news, where they found the body or the remains.

And it was pretty lit up most of the night that I remember. You know, obviously, I went to sleep. But they were still there in the morning, and then there was other news crews that were down around that area this morning when I got up.

So I watched the news again. And I was just kind of watching -- they had to be at least 50 officers, I believe, that were kind of walking the area, and of course, you know, helicopters and everything else there, all kinds of truck and FBI personnel that I could, you know, see from vests and stuff from my kitchen, so...

GRACE: What else can you see now?

STAUFFER: I am actually not home right now, so I can`t see anything right now. I`m not home right now. I`m on my cell phone, so...

GRACE: Let me ask you this, Mr. Stauffer. We have been told that this is an extremely safe area, that this park is used for recreation, for walking and so forth. Would you agree with that?

STAUFFER: Yes. It`s a very open area. Like, people will ride their horses there. (INAUDIBLE) friends that, you know, will run their dogs in that area. So yes, it`s always -- it always seems like it`s been a pretty safe area, yes.

GRACE: With me is Jeff Stauffer, taking your calls, as well. He lives next to where the body was found. At this hour, police still not identifying the body.

Out to Rhonda, Alabama. Hi, Rhonda. What`s your question? Excuse me. Jason. Hi, Jason. What`s your question, dear?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hi, Nancy. How are you doing tonight?

GRACE: I`m good.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That`s good. Thanks for taking my call. And we love you here in Canada.

GRACE: What is your question, dear?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What led cops to the location of this body?

GRACE: Nia Bender, what did lead them there?

You know what? I`m not hearing Nia, joining me from TNN Denver. Let me go to Alexis Weed. Alexis, what led police there?

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, police haven`t said yet what exactly led them there. But this location is about seven miles away from Jessica`s home and it`s about six miles from where her backpack was located.

GRACE: Everyone, you are seeing video of the scene where a body has been identified. Right now, police are not releasing that ID to us. We do know that it is a small body. It`s about eight miles away from the home 10- year-old Jessica shared with her mom.

We also know that the body was found near a big trash bag. Nothing in the trash bag. We also know that the body was hacked up. We also know that body parts are missing.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This is a body. This is somebody`s loved one.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A sad discovery just a few miles from where she disappeared.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Whether this is Jessica or not, that remains to be seen.

RIDGEWAY: (INAUDIBLE) ever -- ever think I want ever -- any parent to go through!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The body was not intact when they discovered it near an abandoned mine.

RIDGEWAY: And I never would have thought that I would have...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. We are live in Colorado, where late last night a body was discovered. Right now, police not releasing the information. But we firmly believe that they have ID`d this body. We know that the body was hacked up in many pieces and that body parts are actually missing.

We are live on the scene. Back to Nia Bender. Nia, you`re there on the scene. Explain to me what is going on at this hour, and what could they be looking for four miles north of this body?

BENDER: They very well could be looking for additional body parts. We don`t know at this point. They haven`t released any information on this. This is just a little north from where we are right now. And I think at this point, they`re still trying to gather as much evidence as possible.

GRACE: Nia, question. Do you know why police have not been able to ID the body?

BENDER: No. You know, they`ve been very tight-lipped, like I mentioned. They won`t release any of the details right now. And I would imagine they don`t want to do anything to release information until they`re certain of who they have.

GRACE: You know, the police are saying the body is not intact. What do we know about that? What does that mean?

BENDER: At this point, it sounds like the body was in poor shape. And what they told us is that it looked like it had been dismembered.

GRACE: Now, the body not being intact could be why they`re not able to make an ID. If fingerprints or teeth are missing, if they`ve been removed from the body, it`s going to make it virtually impossible to make an ID without DNA.

Now, again, Nia, how far is this from Jessica`s home, the one she shared with her mother?

BENDER: Seven miles from here, just seven miles east.

GRACE: And how far from where her backpack and water bottle were found? Let`s see a map, Liz.

BENDER: No problem. That`s about 11 miles, Nancy. It`s 11 miles from here, in the town of Superior.

GRACE: And Nia Bender, I`m hearing that before Jessica goes missing, an unidentified male was trying to lure children into his car with candy. But that incident was not widely publicized. What happened?

BENDER: Well, apparently, the boys had come out of school. There were two of them. And a gentleman approached them in a van and tried to lure them into the truck with the candy. The boys did the smart thing. They took off and immediately tried to run to a fire station. But the fire trucks had just been leaving to go somewhere. They ran to their school and notified authorities then.

GRACE: Those other luring incidents, where were they in relation to where her body`s found?

BENDER: Oh, probably about a mile, mile-and-a-half.

GRACE: With me right now, Pat Brown, criminal profiler and author of "How to Save Your Daughter`s Life." Pat Brown, this is clearly a secondary crime scene -- clearly a secondary crime scene. Weigh in.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Absolutely. This is a dumping place. And this is very useful to know. First of all, this shows me this is a local person, not some truck driver coming on through.

Secondly, a dumping ground is a place you know well because it was one thing to have an opportunity to grab a girl off the street or to do something to a child, but it`s another thing to have to go someplace and put their body there. You want to know it`s a safe place where nobody`s going to see you doing it.

So dumping grounds are very, very important. That person knew that location. Who around that area does know that location well?

GRACE: And what do you say about claims that the other incident just days before Jessica goes missing, you know, within 10 miles radius, where a man tried to lure children into his vehicle with candy?

BROWN: Yes, but he`s trying to lure boys, and I think that`s a big difference. Generally speaking, pedophiles tend to like girls or like boys. I`m not real impressed by that. I think there`s just possibly another creepy guy around.

GRACE: Now, another question regarding this. Out to Woodrow Tripp, former police commander. I`ll just let you weigh in, Woody. What do you make about the logistics here, how close everything is together?

WOODROW TRIPP, FMR. POLICE COMMANDER: Nancy, that`s very significant. And I totally agree with Pat. And certainly, she`s the expert on profiling. But you also have a person here that needed to dismember the body in order to get it into a bag, certainly for easier transport.

That also indicates that that`s someone who was really concerned about being seen taking this body out, being with this child. Certainly, the bag would offer that.

GRACE: To Marc Klaas, president founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. What do you make of it, Marc?

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, first of all, Nancy, my heart breaks for her family because they`re in the same limbo that everybody else is, but it`s so much more personal for them.

I am of the mind that, number one, the person who disposed of this did not necessarily know that area so well or the child -- or the body wouldn`t have been found as quickly as it was. Generally, you try to hide these things in places where they won`t be located.

But I suspect it probably is somebody on her route. I suspect it`s probably somebody either who lives there or who passes by there about the same time every day and knows that that little girl is walking, knows she`s alone and knows that she`s vulnerable.

So as I said yesterday on the show, Nancy, I think that this is a very preventable type of a crime. It`s just...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The big question still right now is, how were police led to that park where the body was found?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s about eight miles away from where she lived. It`s an open space. There`s abandoned coal mines.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Authorities haven`t said if there`s any connection to Jessica`s disappearance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The body was not intact.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Still searching the area. Streets are closed around the park, still searching for Jessica in Westminster in waterways, canals...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. I want to go out to Heather Walsh-Haney, forensic anthropologist, Florida Gulf Coast University.

Heather, I want to hear your take on the discovery of the body, the fact that it has been hacked up into pieces and there are body parts missing. What can we tell from the body? Why so long in the identification process?

HEATHER WALSH-HANEY, FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGIST: Well, Nancy, minus the skull, the head, and minus the teeth, that slows down the ability to do a dental ID right away. This little girl had a gap between her two front teeth. Dentists could have done an identification looking at her grin (ph) line. That would have been done quickly and efficiently.

On top of that, we could have done fingerprints if her hands were there. That type of data to construct a positive ID is very speedy right now with law enforcement. The problem is the DNA analysis. That is time-intensive, and it takes sometimes days and weeks to get those results back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There`s a big development I want to let you know about in the case of a missing 10-year-old Colorado girl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Jessica Ridgeway.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A grim discovery just a few miles from where 10-year- old Jessica Ridgeway went missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A body was discovered.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: About eight miles away from where she lived.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Very disturbing details.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: From the helicopter, you have footage of the body which would show the public it`s not intact, extending (ph) the length of time it`s taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: But authorities say they`re continuing their search for this missing girl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Searching everywhere they possibly can, in waterways, canals.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Actively engaged, the more eyes looking for this little girl all across America.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Statewide alert for a light blue station wagon with Colorado plates.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I just want to find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police holding up on that identification process right now because the body was not intact.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Back out to Nia Bender.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: All across America.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Statewide alert for a light blue station wagon with Colorado plates.

JESSICA RIDGEWAY, MISSING 10-YEAR-OLD: That`s my camera, see?

JEREMIAH BRYANT, FATHER OF MISSING 10-YEAR-OLD GIRL: I just want to find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Police holding up on that identification process right now because the body was not intact.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST: Back out to Nia Bender.

Everyone, late last night a terrible discovery in the search for 10-year- old Jessica Ridgeway. A body has been found about eight miles from her home. Police refusing to identify the body publicly.

Nia Bender, joining me from TNN Denver. Nia, it`s my understanding that a trash bag was found very near the body?

BENDER: Yes. Reportedly they found a dark colored trash bag near the body. The contents of that trash bag, though, at this point, Nancy, unknown to any of us.

GRACE: Unleash the lawyers. Eleanor Odom, death penalty qualified prosecutor, Alex Sanchez, New York, Peter Odom, defense attorney, Atlanta.

You know, Eleanor, we can learn a lot from that trash bag. Number one, I guarantee you, if you look at that field, you don`t see any trash in it.

Let`s see the same place, Liz.

You don`t see trash out in the field. Take a look at that. So this bag is going to be connected to the disposal of that body. Now think about it, Elle, why is there a bag? Was the bag used to transport the body? Was it left inadvertently?

You know, you don`t want to be hanging around in an open field when you`re disposing of a body. How many times do you think this guy has wondered, did I leave the trash bag there? Because we all know that you can get from a trash bag, it`s a very good surface to get, for instance, latent fingerprints. You can also get friction ridge impressions from that.

If the bag had been used to transport the body to that location, you know, it`s going to be even more full -- it`s going to be more full of valuable evidence. There`s a remote possibility if this body was in fact hacked up, the perpetrator`s DNA could be there as well if a knife was used.

And, Eleanor, think back to the -- for instance, the Wayne Williams case in your jurisdiction in Atlanta. The first case to ever use fiber as a link between the scene of the crime and the disposal area of the crime, where carpet fibers were found on the body from the perpetrator`s car and home. That could be in this bag.

This bag is very valuable, is it not? And I`m not even mentioning the fact that you can like a car get the make and model. When you use, for instance, a light box that is used when you examine a bag forensically, it is a light, you put the bag up and you can see striations, you can see relative changes in color. There`s ways to tell where this bag came from, Elle.

ELEANOR ODOM, FELONY PROSECUTOR, DEATH PENALTY QUALIFIED: Yes. You may -- you just brought out all the potential evidence that could be in that bag. And once they have a suspect, let`s say that suspect has a box of bags in their home, they could match it to that bag even from the tears of the bag. So that bag is going to be very important, Nancy, in this case to collect evidence both inside and outside the bag.

And remember, Nancy, there are only one person who knows about the bag. And that`s the killer of this child.

GRACE: And, Elle, when you say the tears in the bag, you`re talking about the roll of plastic trash bags when you --

E. ODOM: Exactly.
GRACE: -- tear it off, it can be matched back. And it can also be matched to a particular type of roll as to how it actually tears off. And, I mean, this is not rocket science, Elle. I mean, don`t you use a particular type of trash bag for whatever reason? It`s stronger, it`s springier, it`s got zip ties on it. You can tell what kind of bag it is. You can identify a store brand bag. This could very well get the killer on a video buying a bag for all I know, Eleanor.

E. ODOM: Oh, exactly, Nancy. That`s why this bag is so important. Because, again, only the killer knows where the bag was and what it was used for. And that`s why the cops aren`t saying a whole lot about this bag. Because they don`t want to, you know, leak any potential damaging evidence at this point.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Anita, West Virginia, hi, Anita. What`s your question, dear?

ANITA, CALLER FROM WEST VIRGINIA: Hi, Nancy. I love your show.

GRACE: Thank you.

ANITA: And your twins.

GRACE: Thank you.

ANITA: How far was the body found from the little girl`s home?

GRACE: It was about eight miles, Anita in West Virginia.

And, Peter Odom, Anita`s question is actually very significant. That`s why I was trying to get down in my own mind.

Let`s see the map again, please, Liz.

How far it was, this significant point.

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Right. Well, that`s a very important fact. Very important fact, Nancy.

GRACE: Go ahead.

P. ODOM: It`s a very important fact that the -- that the caller brings up. This killer spent time with this body. Now you and Eleanor just discussed the fact that the longer the time that this killer spent with the body, the more likely there is to be DNA evidence from the killer on the body.

It might seem self-evident, but the fact that the body was found so far away from where she was last seen tells you that this killer spent, you know, some time in a car with the victim. And that tells you that there`s going to be a primary or perhaps even a tertiary crime scene that if the police can get it that, too, will be a rich source of evidence.

GRACE: OK. Explain. When you say tertiary, you`re talking about in the vehicle.

P. ODOM: A third crime scene.

GRACE: That`s one crime scene where there may have been a potential sexual assault on the girl.

P. ODOM: Exactly.

GRACE: The scene of the killing which is either the car or inside an apartment or home, and then the scene of the disposal of the body. That`s tertiary crime scene.

P. ODOM: Precisely. And the distance that was traveled tells you that there has to be a car involved.

GRACE: Yes. You`re right. And another issue, Alex Sanchez, Peter Odom is exactly correct. And that makes me wonder, have police gone along these routes and grabbed every bit of security surveillance, road surveillance, if there is any?

I mean, at every red light I see there`s a camera looking down at me.

Weigh in, Alex?

ALEX SANCHEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yes.

GRACE: And Alex, interesting. You`ve handled a lot of murder cases. Why do you believe cops are refusing to ID the body yet?

SANCHEZ: You know, first of all, Nancy. This case is beyond criminal. I mean this is almost demonic in nature. And I think the police are being very careful about releasing any type of information until they`re absolutely certain. But I think the killer has left a ton of evidence. To commit a crime like this, there must be a bloody car, there must be a bloody basement, a bloody shed, a bloody house.

I don`t see how this killer can keep this under wraps for too long without somebody knowing or finding out about it. I think he`s from the community. I think he knew that girl. I think he lured her into that car. And I think he`s going to be found out soon. And all that evidence is going to be used to tie him to that crime.

COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Big development in the case of a missing 10-year- old Colorado girl.

J. RIDGEWAY: Do you want to be on camera?

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A body was discovered.

SARAH RIDGEWAY, MOTHER OF MISSING 10-YEAR-OLD GIRL: I watch her walk out the door. And I shut the door. That`s the last time I saw her.

J. RIDGEWAY: My camera, see? Like this.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Westminster and Arvada are jointly working to process that crime scene.

BRYANT: The worst thing I`ve ever been through. I just want to find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: From the helicopter you have footage of the body which would show the public that it`s not intact. This is extending the length of time it`s taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are waiting for a positive identification of a small body found as you see in an open area.

Let`s go to Nia Bender so we can see behind her. That body hacked. Let`s take her at full, please. That body hacked to pieces. There are body parts missing.

Nia, describe what`s behind you, please, for us?

BENDER: Absolutely. Obviously a lot of open space, trees, there`s a lot of outbuildings on this property, old shacks, things like this. This is an old coal mining area. Very -- the landscape is very hilly. So it`s one of those things where, you know, not that many people are going to see you if you`re out here.
GRACE: You know, Nia, when we were looking at the aerial shots of them removing the tiny body, it looks like a grassy park. But behind you I see construction equipment and piles of dirt. Where are you in relation to where the body has been found?

BENDER: Right near the body just a little ways away and a good portion of this terrain through here looks like this.

GRACE: Out to clinical psychologist, Ramani Durvasula. You know, Ramani, what does it mean to you that the killer disposed of the body in this manner?

RAMANI DURVASULA, PH.D., CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: I mean he was done with it. I mean this is a very predatory person. And I`m guessing this is somebody who may have done something like this before and will do it again. So I think that this is a very dangerous person. And it really speaks to their dismissiveness and lack of conscience.

GRACE: Out to Heather Walsh-Haney. I want to talk about the type of dismemberment, the tool that may have been used and how that could help the investigation.

WALSH-HANEY: Nancy, those tools are going to leave a lot of evidence on those remains. First of all, the pathologist or the anthropologist that may be analyzing those remains are going to look at those cut marks. Right away looking at the cut marks on the neck vertebrae, on the arms, wrists, hips, feet, they`ll be able to tell whether a saw or a knife was used.

They`ll be able to figure out if it was a saw, if it was electric or gas powered. And then those sharp instruments leave fine lines on bone that can be matched to that that the perpetrator used. Thereby we could link the cut marks to the weapon, to the instrument that caused the dismemberment and then to the perpetrator.

GRACE: To Matt Zarrell, also on the story. Matt, what can you tell me about the local schools do -- locking the children in?
MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE STAFFER, COVERING STORY: Yes, Nancy, the schools have been on lockout since yesterday. They actually are letting the children still attend school, but the parents that come and pick up their children need to show identification. They`re not letting the kids play outside at recess. They`re also searching around the school.

And one thing I wanted to point out since we`re talking about looking for more evidence, the cops are still canvassing the area including the area where Jessica disappeared as well as open space areas in and around Westminster, Colorado.

GRACE: You know what`s interesting, Alexis Weed, is that she took the same route every morning when she went to go meet her little friends, these -- I think it was either two or three other little girls she would meet.

WEED: Right.

GRACE: Just three blocks away. They would meet in a little park and all walk to school together every morning. And it was within those just three blocks that she went missing. It wasn`t an eight-mile stretch or a five- mile stretch to where the backpack was found. It was within three blocks. And I think that is very, very probative, Alexis Weed.

What more do we know, Alexis?

WEED: It is, Nancy. Just that three-block area, such a short distance. And usually she would meet up with friends. The friends, though, according to cops never ever saw Jessica that day. She didn`t even make it to her friends. She would typically then meet up with the friends and go about another mile to the school, Nancy. They would cross a field together. But the area where she was, where Jessica was, it was residential. And her mother even watched her walk out the door, the mom said at 8:30 when it would have been light out, Nancy. She watched her daughter walk out the door and start to walk down that block.

GRACE: Back to the neighbor, Jeff Stauffer. He lives right next door to where the body was found. Mr. Stauffer, joining us in Colorado again. Thank you for being with us.

Mr. Stauffer, are there red lights in the area that have traffic surveillance?

JEFF STAUFFER, LIVES NEXT TO AREA WHERE BODY WAS FOUND: Right in our area, no, I don`t believe there are. There`s not many traffic lights in our area. So I know there`s more coming around there. But hasn`t come up yet.

GRACE: I wonder -- let me go to Nia Bender on this. Joining me from TNN Denver.

BENDER: Sure.

GRACE: How about closer to where she lived with her mother. And isn`t it true, Nia, that there`s an office park within -- between her home and where she was to meet the little girls?

BENDER: Yes, that is correct. There is an office park and a couple of other businesses there, yes.

GRACE: Well, do we know what kind of businesses there are? And do we know if there`s surveillance cameras there? Because she would have had to walk past those surveillance cameras to get to Chelsea Park.

BENDER: I`m unsure of whether there were surveillance cameras. But I`ll bet you as good a job as Westminster has done, they`re going to know.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

J. RIDGEWAY: You want to be on camera. That`s my camera, see? Get this. Right there, look. That`s the camera.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The body was discovered near the Pat Ridge Park open space.

S. RIDGEWAY: You get the pit in your stomach that you don`t want any parent.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls, out to Janet in Florida. Hi, Janet. What`s your question?

JANET, CALLER FROM FLORIDA: Hi, Nancy. I was just watching your show last night. I was wondering why you think the parents are innocent?

GRACE: You know what? A lot of times, with me, Janet, is subjective. I go through all of the evidence. I know that the mother was at work the night before. I know she works the graveyard shift. I know for a fact -- these are facts that I know -- that she always watches the girl leave. That they make the lunch together and she leaves.

That morning they peeled an orange together. I know she always meets those three little girls at that spot and I know the girl was alive the day before as of 4:00 p.m.

When I watch the mom`s demeanor, there`s just something about her, her wording. I believed her. And that combined with the facts that I know and I know the dad was out of state and vouched for, there`s no way that I believe the mother had anything to do with it.

And now that I know that the body was hacked up and there are body parts missing, she would never have done that to her daughter.

To Pat Brown, do you think the perpetrator is watching right now?

BROWN: Well, I think the perpetrator, if -- this abductor of this crime, absolutely is paying attention to what`s going on. Be sure that the police aren`t descending upon him. But I do want to talk about the body dismemberment. I haven`t really heard that the body was hacked. So at this point I don`t know that we don`t know that animals didn`t dismember the body. But if the body was hacked, though --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: It was absolutely hacked.

BROWN: Was it hacked?

GRACE: It was hacked.

BROWN: Well, if it was hacked --

GRACE: Matt Zarrell, what do we know?

ZARRELL: On the ground that told our local reporters that they could clearly see that the body was small and also looked like it had been hacked into pieces. And we also know the police confirmed at the press conference that the body was not intact and that`s complicating their identification process.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: American hero Marine Private First Class Jason Estopinal, 21, Dallas, Georgia. Purple Heart. National Defense Service Medal. Loved running, soccer, paintball. Parents Claire, Jason. Brother, Parker.

Jason Estopinal, American hero.

Back 60 seconds.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Body found near some abandoned coal --

GRACE: Heather Walsh-Haney, humans dismember in a manner entirely different from animals.

WALSH-HANEY: Absolutely. Humans tend to take off the head leaving the jaw and cranium intact. They tend not to impact or injure the chest or the pelvis. Animals will take fingers and toes. Very different.

GRACE: Very, very different.

Eleanor Odom, Alex Sanchez, Peter Odom, joining me out of Atlanta.

Alex Sanchez, a lot of focus has been on the mom. No way. It`s just -- I can just tell you I don`t need to see a polygraph. I know this mom is not involved, I just know it.
SANCHEZ: I`m with you on this one, Nancy. I looked at the mother`s demeanor, too. I looked at all her statements. I looked at all her background, all her activities that day. And there`s absolutely nothing there. There`s no indicia to indicate that she was involved in this at all. She looks like a perfectly nice, loving mother.

To believe that she had anything to do with this at this point I think is just completely outrageous. They need to focus on the criminal here.

GRACE: I agree. Peter Odom, in order to get to the real perpetrator, you got to get off the mom.

P. ODOM: Right. And, I mean, there`s nothing to indicate that she was involved. There`s no prior child abuse.

GRACE: No.

P. ODOM: There`s no chaotic home. There are no prior reports to the child services. None of the things that you normally see. So she`s been cleared. Let`s move on and look for the perpetrator.

GRACE: Eleanor, forensically speaking, we`re going to have at least three crime scenes. What do cops need to do right now?

E. ODOM: Well, Nancy, they need to examine one -- of course, each one very, very carefully. Collect everything even if it doesn`t seem important at the time. Take a lot of pictures. Take a lot of video. And also talk to anybody who lives near or has been around there.

GRACE: Woody, the kicker is -- Woodrow Tripp, former police commander -- is we don`t know where the other two crime scenes are yet. You`ve got the tertiary, you`ve got the disposal. But the kidnap is clearly in a vehicle. Got to get that vehicle. You could do that from surveillance video or from eyewitness. What else do we need right now, Woody?

TRIPP: Well, Nancy, there`s one alternative that I`d like to add. This little girl never made it to the park which indicates to me from previous investigations I`ve been in and what I`ve observed, she could have been abducted in one of the residences right there along the way.

Now she may have wound up in a vehicle after she died, but there`s a good possibility and there needs to be a heavy canvas in those residences that go from her mother`s house to where that park is at. She disappeared in between it.

She never made it to the park, Nancy. Think about that. She apparently was abducted between those two points. We have an area.

GRACE: You know, Woody, you`re right. All four of you are right.

Tip line 303-658-4336. "DR. DREW" up next. I`ll see you tomorrow night 8:00 sharp Eastern. Good night, friend.

(END)

END

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Body May Be Missing Colorado 10-Year-Old

Aired October 11, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET

TRIPP: Well, Nancy, there`s one alternative that I`d like to add. This little girl never made it to the park which indicates to me from previous investigations I`ve been in and what I`ve observed, she could have been abducted in one of the residences right there along the way.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/11/ng.01.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.