April 26, 2024, 05:49:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871490 times)
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »

Something about this triangleation bothers me and I don't know what it is

Kermit, I was looking at a similar map yesterday, and something kept bringing me back to it. I really think this guy is right in Jessica's neighborhood.

Hi everyone, I haven't been on SM in a long time, but this case is so disturbing.  Very upsetting.
I also was fixed on a similar map posted on another blog and kept looking at it and thinking inside that triangle is that Standley Lake.  He goes around it, yet he leaves the body (or at least part, ugh) but why not just dispose of the evidence in the lake?  I also can't help but wonder (as gruesome sounding as it is) did he dismember this precious little girl or did he leave her and animal predators got to her.  I believe there are bears, cougars, wolves in this area.  Is this really where he left or is this where she was possibly dragged by something. Again, this is an unpleasant thought but everything about this is just horrible. 
May Jessica be in peace now and may having her found be in some way a beginning to closure until the perpetrator is found and convicted.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

Hi seahorse

I could be wrong but ... I am inclined believe Sarah Ridgeway.  The disembering of the little body tells me that Jessica did not meet her demise at the hands of an overwhelmed single mother who may have lost it in a moment of rage.

Janet

Janet, I agree with you.

I believe it is papa bear, not mama bear, IMO.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »

You're welcome, seahorse.

My school requires two tel nos--parent and a back-up number of family/relative/friend for emergency.  However, families do not always update this information.  It's very frustrating for the school.

Who would sign for the child if the parent or guardians, are not reachable?  If a child in school needed emergency treatment for an injury, who would give approval, the Principal?
TIA

This just stinks to high Heaven.  Jessica's, mom, got the message at 4:00 pm? That was eight hours, after the dirt bag, culprit, snagged the poor kid.  Jessica, must have wondered if anyone knew that she was missing.  This stinks, stinks, just stinks!!

::justice2NJ::

I would guess that if it's an emergency an ambulance would be called and medical treatment would be given by the medics--and continued at the hospital, if needed.

You are correct Graceland. The procedure is to treat in an emergency - even at the hospital when the parents can not be reached they will treat first and get permission later.

Thank-you, Grace-land and Boyzmom, sounds like common sense.

You would think it would be an emergency too when a child is not in grade school!

It bothers me,when eight house later a parent finds out the child did not reach school.

I realize, I am rehashing,  I am so sad that the madman (or woman) had an
Eight hour, window of opportunity.  All the inventions and gizmos, do not do any good, if people do not give a rats hind end about if a ten year old is missing.  I think of Kyron, too.

The school called to report Jessica absent, but Sarah Ridgeway told police she was asleep during the day because she works overnights and did not get the call until eight hours later, when she called police.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/jessica-ridgeway-body-officially-identified/

Don't know about this school, but many have gone  to a computerized calling system when students are not at school.  The computer only has one number listed and that number is usually determined by the parent.  These are considered "non-emergency" calls because as  most know, a parent is not always perfect about calling to let the school know if their student will be absent.  In case of a real emergency with the child, the school will actually look at the emergency card and use that to try to find anyone they can to whom to report the situation.  I have seen situations were an older siblings emergency card was outdated and none of the numbers worked, in that case we pulled cards from younger and older siblings until we found a number that worked.  Also, in case of emergency, courts have established the concept of "loco parentis" which would allow school authorities to authorize medical treatment if parents can not be reached.   

Thanks, Flutter.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »

Does this little girl stay at home by herself while her mother works the night shift.

My thought process exactly!!

Janet

From the first page in the thread (I remembered this was asked before)

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21714407/overnight-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

300 volunteers join search for 10-year-old Westminster girl
Posted:   10/06/2012 08:36:11 AM MDT
October 6, 2012 6:21 PM GMTUpdated:   10/06/2012 12:21:58 PM

::snipping2::
Jessica is a good child and a good student, she said. Officials contacted every child in her class and all friends to see if she may have gone to one of their homes, but there was no sign of her.

She lives with her mother, grandmother and aunt.

I am a little confused here, more like a bit of a WTF moment. So no one knew that the child was missing for 8 hours because the mom was sleeping from working the night shift, yet the child lives with the Aunt and Grandmother. Where were they? When would the call have been made that she was not in school? Mom sent her off at 8:30 am according to reports.

Is there no secondary number to call?

Obviously the predator stalked Jessica's movements and saw she had the same routine every day and part of it included walking by herself. I am wondering if this just started this year of school or if she did this same routine last year? Who would have become a recent sex offender to the area, or surrounding areas?

Just a shame ... but from the heinous severity of the murder to cover up the crime, one has to believe that DNA evidence had to have been left behind.

I hope so, and that it will eventually seal the fate of the monster that did this.

The culprit knew Sarah did not answer her phone,IMO, and the aunt and granny would not be available.  This creep went to a lot of work and travel, this is very bold.  IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »

Something about this triangleation bothers me and I don't know what it is

Kermit, I was looking at a similar map yesterday, and something kept bringing me back to it. I really think this guy is right in Jessica's neighborhood.

Hi everyone, I haven't been on SM in a long time, but this case is so disturbing.  Very upsetting.
I also was fixed on a similar map posted on another blog and kept looking at it and thinking inside that triangle is that Standley Lake.  He goes around it, yet he leaves the body (or at least part, ugh) but why not just dispose of the evidence in the lake?  I also can't help but wonder (as gruesome sounding as it is) did he dismember this precious little girl or did he leave her and animal predators got to her.  I believe there are bears, cougars, wolves in this area.  Is this really where he left or is this where she was possibly dragged by something. Again, this is an unpleasant thought but everything about this is just horrible. 
May Jessica be in peace now and may having her found be in some way a beginning to closure until the perpetrator is found and convicted.

It's good to see you again Festa.  It's been a while.  I've been wondering about some of the same things you are.  And I agree with you, this case is so disturbing and very upsetting.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
supersleuth99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »

Jessica Ridgeway’s Father Says FBI Asked Him If Mom ‘Did It’
October 9, 2012 6:20 PM

RELATED: New Ridgeway Video Released, Mother & Father Speak Out
(fourth paragraph)

According to Richmond County Court in Independence, there was a civil action filed on behalf of Sarah and Jessica Ridgeway for “non-support” against Jeremiah Bryant this October. The action was filed in Colorado and probably sealed.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/jessica-ridgeways-father-says-fbi-asked-him-if-mom-did-it/

My Hinky-meter is screaming!

Someone was pretty confident that Mom did not answer her phone when she slept. IMO
supersleuth99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »

(fourth paragraph)

According to Richmond County Court in Independence, there was a civil action filed on behalf of Sarah and Jessica Ridgeway for “non-support” against Jeremiah Bryant this October. The action was filed in Colorado and probably sealed.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/jessica-ridgeways-father-says-fbi-asked-him-if-mom-did-it/

Someone was pretty confident that Mom did not answer her phone when she slept. IMO

Opps ... I wanted to inform that the father lives in Independence, Jackson County, Mo.  He has several criminal cases plus the child support case that you can see on casenet https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

He has lived in Colorado in the past.  Aurura (sp) and Arvada.  I wasn't able to find a way to look up court records in Colorado for either he or Sarah Ridgeway
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Could it be that when Jessica's body was left out in the open ... it was with the intention of being found.  Animals were not a consideration.

In other words ... the focus of suspicion in regards to who caused the demise of Jesssica is very wide.

Hi Festa!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »

(fourth paragraph)

Opps ... I wanted to inform that the father lives in Independence, Jackson County, Mo.  He has several criminal cases plus the child support case that you can see on casenet https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

He has lived in Colorado in the past.  Aurura (sp) and Arvada.  I wasn't able to find a way to look up court records in Colorado for either he or Sarah Ridgeway

Hi MuffyBee

Sorry if this has already been posted: 
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/exclusive-jessica-ridgeways-father-on-felony-probation-in-missouri/

Even with that though I don't think he's involved.  He's 9 hours away and this is just too brutal.  I think it's a sex offender in the area.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »

Does this little girl stay at home by herself while her mother works the night shift.

My thought process exactly!!

Janet

From the first page in the thread (I remembered this was asked before)

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21714407/overnight-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

300 volunteers join search for 10-year-old Westminster girl
Posted:   10/06/2012 08:36:11 AM MDT
October 6, 2012 6:21 PM GMTUpdated:   10/06/2012 12:21:58 PM

Jessica is a good child and a good student, she said. Officials contacted every child in her class and all friends to see if she may have gone to one of their homes, but there was no sign of her.

She lives with her mother, grandmother and aunt.

Thank you Samantha

Are there any reports (articles/interviews) that reveal when the grandmother and aunt last saw Jessica?  Considering Jessica did not leave until 8:30 AM ... did they see her that morning?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

Hi seahorse

I could be wrong but ... I am inclined believe Sarah Ridgeway.  The disembering of the little body tells me that Jessica did not meet her demise at the hands of an overwhelmed single mother who may have lost it in a moment of rage.

Janet

When Festa's theory that Jessica's remains could have been disembered and scattered by animals and ... if Grandma and Auntie did not see Jessica not fateful morning ... in the process of elimination ... in the name of justice ... Mom should not be immediately ruled out as a person of interest.

Did Sarah Ridgeway submit to a polygraph.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Self-Edit

disembered s/b dismembered

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »

Before the PeeWee football game, the players and cheer leaders released purple balloons in memory if Jessica Ridgeway. RIP Jessica. Sad

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151053744246767&set=pcb.10151053744256767&type=1&relevant_count=1

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

I am puzzled with Jeremiah Ridgeway. 

The last few paragraphs of the article, very vague, not clear to me. 

The source at the Richmond County Court said the action becomes public record when it was sent to Missouri. Bryant has been ordered to appear in court and show why he is not paying child support. That court date was recently scheduled for some time in February.

Bryant pleaded guilty in July 2012 to non-support of a different child in July. That was a criminal case.

Well, who was the child?  Has he ever paid any child support in his life?
 My only question.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2012, 05:34:44 PM »

Why?  It was my understand that the elimination of family members as persons of interest in a missing person/murder investigation was priority.

In the Jessica Ridgeway case ... why were polygraphs not conducted parallel to the investigation based on statements ... polygraphs that may reveal withheld involvement or knowledge?

What is wrong with this picture?  Do investigators know?

Janet

++++

Police Draw Attention to Missing Colorado Girl’s Appearance in Hopes of Sighting
Posted on: 8:57 am, October 9, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo., — Police in Colorado continue to search for 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was reported missing on Friday, Oct. 5. Ridgeway’s father lives in Independence, Mo., and has been cleared of any involvement in her disappearance.

In a news conference on Tuesday morning, Trevor Materasso with the Westminster Police Department said investigators will focus on the area in and around Ridgeway’s home.

“There’s some open fields around Jessica’s home, so we’re going to focus on those as well,” he said.

Materasso said a dive team was dispatched to Kittner Lake, but only to search and to rule it out.

“We weren’t searching for any particular item,” he said. “We don’t have any indications that we’ll find anything in water. There were some items overnight. We’re unable to determine if those items is directly tied to Jessica.”

Materasso would not say what items were found in or near the lake. When asked if the family has taken a polygraph test, Materasso said “that’s not part of the investigation at the time.”

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/09/police-draw-attention-to-missing-colorado-girls-appearance-in-hopes-of-sighting/

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »

(fourth paragraph)

Supersleuth99 Smile

Thank-you!  I never though of looking up on Case Net!

Is he from Missouri?  I found a Jeremiah Bryant, Colorado. TIA.

Gazette, The : WASSON HIGH SCHOOL‎
$2.95 -
The Gazette - May 24, 1998
http://www.google.com/search?q=colorado,+jeremiah+bryant&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=newspapers

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »

Hi seahorse

Janet

When Festa's theory that Jessica's remains could have been disembered and scattered by animals and ... if Grandma and Auntie did not see Jessica not fateful morning ... in the process of elimination ... in the name of justice ... Mom should not be immediately ruled out as a person of interest.

Did Sarah Ridgeway submit to a polygraph.

Janet

Hi Monkey's,

Janet,

Sounds like mom is ruled out.  I wonder if Dad took a poly

I want to hug Sarah. Sad  She raised a sweet child. 

Where is the maternal grandma and auntie???  I am not suggesting anything, just curious.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

JMO, an animal would not choose only those parts necessary for (easier) identification to separate from other remains.  I also think the differences in a body "not intact" by animal activity or by the murderer could be discerned by law enforcement.  As far as I know animal activity has not been mentioned in any of the reports.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »

Girl, 10, Vanishes on Way to School, Backpack Found 6 Miles Away
By Howard Breuer

10/08/2012 at 06:35 PM EDT

Jessica Ridgeway
Westminster Colorado Police Department/AP

an angelic monkey  Jessica looks bright and confident.

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.