March 28, 2024, 05:12:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 869472 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »

Mourners Write Messages on Balloons to Jessica Ridgeway
By SYDNEY LUPKIN Oct., 13, 2012
http://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-expected-jessica-ridgeway-balloon-memorial/story?id=17471928#.UHnzy1Jy4Sk

A day after police confirmed a dismembered body found in a park Wednesday was missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, her Colorado community will come together for a "balloon release" memorial to celebrate her life.

Thousands of memorial-goers were expected to wear purple (Ridgeway's favorite color) and release purple and green balloons with messages on them at 2 p.m. in Westminster, Colo. They were also planning to hold a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m.

<snipped>

Image from: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981700299

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »

Mourners Write Messages on Balloons to Jessica Ridgeway
By SYDNEY LUPKIN Oct., 13, 2012
http://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-expected-jessica-ridgeway-balloon-memorial/story?id=17471928#.UHnzy1Jy4Sk

A day after police confirmed a dismembered body found in a park Wednesday was missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, her Colorado community will come together for a "balloon release" memorial to celebrate her life.

Thousands of memorial-goers were expected to wear purple (Ridgeway's favorite color) and release purple and green balloons with messages on them at 2 p.m. in Westminster, Colo. They were also planning to hold a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m.

<snipped>

Image from: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981700299

NCSunny

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

One of Amandareckonwith's (spelling) pictures shows on the bottom that the body came after a nearby park was flooded...anyone else recall seeing that?  I want to go back and look.  I know that it is being reported that the waste people discovered it...so, let me see where that pic went and I will post it.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »

http://**/news/ci_21766933/investigators-follow-all-leads-find-jessica-ridgeways-killer

Investigators follow all leads to find Jessica Ridgeway's killer
Posted:   10/13/2012 03:40:39 PM MDT
October 13, 2012 10:25 PM GMTUpdated:   10/13/2012 04:25:30 PM MDT

::snipping2::
Roger Depew, who is a former chief of behavioral sciences with the FBI, is the founder of the Academy Group, a group of behavioral scientists, all of whom worked with the FBI.

Commenting about Jessica's backpack, which was found in Superior in a standing up position, Depew said it suggests the object wasn't tossed out there, but rather the backpack was placed in a certain position so it would be found.

"That has a tinge of taunting, that he is announcing that he is the one, he had her, he put the bag there," Depew said. "They think they are smarter than the police. Sometimes they leave a note in the bag."

Authorities have reported previously the backpack contained a water bottle with Jessica's name on it, but will not comment on what, if anything, else was found in or around the backpack.

The fact that the backpack was found in one direction — northwest of where Jessica was abducted — and her body was later found southwest of where she was last seen could indicate that the killer took a day or two to dispose of the body, he said.

The open space where Jessica's body was found near an abandoned mine sounds like an island in a populated area that is less frequented by people, Depew said. The killer likely knew where it was and felt comfortable taking his time there, Depew said.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »

Here it is...this is from:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/?action=view&current=101112s11.jpg#!oZZ76QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs296.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fmm166%2Fcrankycrankerson%2FJessica%2520Ridgeway%2520%2520-CO-%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D101012scene9.jpg

Thanks AmandaReckonwith.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »

One of Amandareckonwith's (spelling) pictures shows on the bottom that the body came after a nearby park was flooded...anyone else recall seeing that?  I want to go back and look.  I know that it is being reported that the waste people discovered it...so, let me see where that pic went and I will post it.

The text below one picture says "flooded" the park; however, I think that it's just a British word for the gathering of a large group of searchers?

Could it be at this link?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217170/Jessica-Ridgeway-Theres-predator-large-Police-chief-vows-track-10-year-old-Jessicas-killer-dismembered-body-identified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
'There's a predator at large': Police chief vows to track down 10-year-old Jessica's killer after her mutilated body is identified
 PUBLISHED:08:33 EST, 13 October 2012| UPDATED: 13:05 EST, 13 October 2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »

Posted: Thu 10:15 AM, Oct 11, 2012A
Updated: Thu 10:27 AM, Oct 11, 2012

Arvada PD Put Out "Stranger Danger" Warning Just Last Month

KKTV 11 News has learned Arvada Police sent out a warning just last month about two attempted child abductions.

Two girls reported on two seperate occasions, a man had offered them candy if they'd get into his car.

Meanwhile, investigators are refusing to suggest any connection between a body found in Arvada Wednesday night, and a missing girl from Westminster. The body was found just five miles from the school Jessica Ridgeway was walking to.

A tarp covers the drainpipe next to where an unidentified body was found Wednesday. (Credit KCNC)

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Arvada-PD-Put-Out-Stranger-Danger-Warning-Last-Month--173730311.html

Just me thinking here, but from what I saw when they were searching the area I think part of the remains were found at the drainpipe in the ditch (on JVM when they put red dots where evidence was found there were even a red dots out in the road you can see some in this picture...maybe where they found blood?) and then they did an extensive search (flooded the land behind it with searchers?) and found more remains.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »

The text below one picture says "flooded" the park; however, I think that it's just a British word for the gathering of a large group of searchers?

Could it be at this link?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217170/Jessica-Ridgeway-Theres-predator-large-Police-chief-vows-track-10-year-old-Jessicas-killer-dismembered-body-identified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
'There's a predator at large': Police chief vows to track down 10-year-old Jessica's killer after her mutilated body is identified
 PUBLISHED:08:33 EST, 13 October 2012| UPDATED: 13:05 EST, 13 October 2012

BBM.

Yes, I think you are right. Flooded the park with searchers.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »

Video at link

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19813202/family-and-friends-release-balloons-in-memory-of-jessica-ridgeway

Family and friends release balloons in memory of Jessica Ridgeway
Posted: Oct 13, 2012 6:01 PM CDT Updated: Oct 13, 2012 7:20 PM CDT

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -
Family and friends of a murdered Colorado girl held a vigil Saturday.

Jessica Ridgeway's family in Independence, MO, and dozens of friends gathered in McCoy Park to remember her.

Jessica's father lives in Independence and the community has pulled together for the 10-year-old who was kidnapped and murdered in a Denver suburb. Cousins, aunts and uncles wrote messages on balloons, saying they will love and miss Jessica forever.

And, as they watched the balloons float away, their prayer now is that her killer will be caught.

"It would mean a lot. I mean, there's not even words to express how we would feel, to know that the person or persons is caught and behind bars and justice is being served so they cannot do it to somebody else's kid," Katherine Tiedman, Jessica's cousin, said.

"We're doing the best we can. At least she's not being tortured, no more harm can come to her, that she can now rest in peace," Kathy Moss, Jessica's great-aunt, said.

The balloons released Saturday have little papers attached to them that say "RIP Jessica" and, even as they float away, the people in Independence vow to keep supporting her family.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »

Something about this triangleation bothers me and I don't know what it is

I made a different triangle on the map then realized I don't know how to get it here, so I will just describe it.  Make a line starting where her body was found and extend it past her home to 144th St.  Second line from the same place thru where her backpack was found up to 144th St.  The backpack was left northwest of her house, her body southwest.  Would that mean the most likely place to find the killer would be in the opposite direction, in the area outside of the triangles, the area that begins right in her backyard?

I suck at the map but I put a red line where the 144 street is so you can see
the triangle shape you have in mind up to that street.

VIEW OF THE STREET SIDEWALK - THATS JESSICA'S BACKPACK INSIDE THAT LARGE BAG ON THE SIDEWALK.
Because the fence seems rather high, anyone could easily pull up and drop off the backpack
without being seen maybe

Her backpack was a Victorious backpack.

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling this predator is a young man - I think it is going to shock people. He could be as young
as 16 and could have taken her because he knows or has seen her walking up that street many times. I also have a feeling
he used the internet to connect to other predators who may have watched. This is a really sick individual.  I just think
what comes from now out will be shocking to people.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: October 14, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »

Reminder

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-jessica-ridgeway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching?hpt=ju_bn6

Jessica Ridgeway investigation shifts to Superior after backpack, water bottle found with her name

Posted: 10/07/2012
Last Updated: 6 days ago

By: Wayne Harrison
By: Don Champion
By: Jaclyn Allen

The discovery of the backpack and water bottle came three days after 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway vanished on her way to school in Westminster.

A Superior resident sent a listserv e-mail to residents in the town of Superior with the subject line of  "backpack found" that said: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. If this is yours come and get it."  The resident apparently didn't connect the name to the missing girl and had put out the message to let the owner know where it was.

Another person on the same listserv recognized the name and messaged the poster to call 911.

When police arrived, the backpack was placed in a large paper bag to protect it for later analysis.

An FBI source told Champion that they are trying to narrow down timeline of when backpack was dropped off in the neighborhood.  It was apparently sometime overnight Saturday.

The area where the discovery was made is 6.4 miles from where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #451 on: October 14, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »

Hi seahorse

I could be wrong but ... I am inclined believe Sarah Ridgeway.  The disembering of the little body tells me that Jessica did not meet her demise at the hands of an overwhelmed single mother who may have lost it in a moment of rage.

Janet

I agree 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »

How far was the school from Jessica's house? I thought it was said that AFTER she met up with her friends, they then walked another 1.3 miles??? If correct, that is way too far for little ones to be walking to school..
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: October 14, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »

How far was the school from Jessica's house? I thought it was said that AFTER she met up with her friends, they then walked another 1.3 miles??? If correct, that is way too far for little ones to be walking to school..

I've been wondering the same...read this last night.  It doesn't say exactly how far but if the bell rings at 8:50 and she didn't leave home until 8:30 that would have to be some brisk walking wouldn't it? 

http://**/news/ci_21762928/police-moved-quickly-first-hours-search-jessica-ridgeway

Police moved quickly in first hours of search for Jessica Ridgeway
By Jeremy P. Meyer
The Denver Post
Posted:   10/12/2012 11:39:35 PM MDT
Updated:   10/12/2012 11:39:39 PM MDT

That morning, Jessica had called a neighbor boy at 8:25 a.m., asking whether he would be walking to school that day. The two usually walked down Moore Street and through an open space every morning to Witt Elementary.

The boy said he would wait for Jessica. But as the minutes went by, Jessica didn't arrive. Jessica's mother — who works the night shift — reported seeing her daughter leave the house at about 8:30 a.m. wearing a black-and-pink jacket, blue jeans, purple eyeglasses and fuzzy boots and carrying a backpack with the word "Victorious" etched on the back.

At 8:40 — 10 minutes before the school bell rings — Jessica had not arrived. The boy climbed into a car with his father and headed to school, according to dispatch tapes from Westminster police.

The mother reportedly slept through phone calls from the school that were intended to alert her about Jessica's unexcused absence. The mother later in the afternoon began searching for her daughter, going to relatives' homes and her daughter's frequent haunts before calling police at about 4:30 p.m.

Police first went to the family home. Officers went to Witt Elementary. They found the boy who usually walks with Jessica — who at first told officers that he had walked with her that day and saw her enter the school building. He later realized that he had mixed up the days.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »

Is this the man who killed Jessica?

(sorry i still haven't figured out how to post a photo)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217569/Jessica-Ridgeway-disappearance-Hysteria-Colorado-driver-spotted-trying-abduct-boy-12-miles-Jessica-vanished.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:17 AM »

I haven't spent much time looking at the maps, but I just mapped the route from Jessica's house to the school.  It is 1.3 miles if you drive, but the route mapped to walk there is 4/10's of a mile.  That route didn't go to Chelsea Park, so that would add a little to it if she met her friend(s) there.  The walking route did go through an open space as was mentioned in the article I just posted.  So I think walking would have been a lot less than the 1.3 miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/DV5in

A caller (on either JVM or NG I don't remember) that lives in Jessica's neighborhood said that Chelsea Park wasn't 3 blocks away, it was much closer and looking at the map now I agree.  I don't think Jessica would have had to take the suggested walking route to Chelsea Park which is  almost half a mile.  IIRC the caller said the park was closer to one block walking distance.

http://goo.gl/maps/g4vqH

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »

http://youtu.be/0QQUN3a8BK4

~A nation mourns~ Jessica Ridgeway Memorial

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QQUN3a8BK4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0QQUN3a8BK4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Published on Oct 13, 2012 by newsiegirl2008
A week after 10 year old Jessica Ridgeway vanished on her way to school, her slain body was found. A killer on the loose, whom police say left, "signs of an experienced killer"

Comments:

Each and everyone of us can identify with this tragedy - even if we don't have a child of our very own, we ALL were once a child. With this tragedy, comes a loss of innocence, shock, disbelief, and great personal loss for all of us. Jessica is anyone and everyone's child, and touches us to the very core of our own innocent childhood.
Kathy Vanest 13 hours ago 3 

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2012, 12:19:02 PM »

i thought i would bring this forward,so the new readers know, which suspect is which
and the suspects, time frames and events,the news reports/bullettions from arvada LE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Child Enticement - False Update
The Arvada Police Department received numerous e-mails and phone calls on September 24 regarding the "updated information" on the recent child enticement cases.

This information is ERRONEOUS. The sketch and description being distributed are from an old child abduction case in November 2011. This IS NOT THE SAME suspect or in any way related to the recent two attempts. Attached is the correct suspect sketch.
more.......
http://arvadapd.org/about-arvadapd/child-enticement-update
Suspect Sketch
http://static.arvada.org/docs/7987001598_518b331cb1_z-1-201209142200.jpg

November. 2011 arvada sketch-in-child-abduction-attempts and details
http://arvadapd.org/pages/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-in-child-abduction-attempts
-------------------------------------------------------------

posted at
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13607.msg1541694#msg1541694

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »

seeing the open space at the pk behind school,there is another
walking path,and goes to another house development,geezze
the perp could have walked everymorn,and saw the kids,even if
the kids took oak st/the safer rt, the perp could have been at the
ball field
Witt Elementary School
http://goo.gl/maps/cNDLe
walk rt using oak st,or w107
http://goo.gl/maps/WS8m3

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »

i just realized the brown paper bag,that is  described as a large brown paper bag,@ 1:37
is a leaf and lawn bag, and you can see the upc code, that code makes it traceable,to the
co. that makes that bag,and the store/s. that bought the bags.
ya know those recalls on X product, that was sold at A. and B store. thats how they know
what store and co bought the product, by the upc code
then the store puts it in their data base,X amount  bought,and sold, i think traceable to an
extent, like X amount, dates times ect. sold as ,cash,bank debit or credit card, self check
out or clerk check out and some stores have barcode receipt's, and the info is in the barcode

video brown bag @ 1:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNqvagTyNtk

use to be some cities require a sticker,and/or the bags are given with trash payment
i didnt see that at superior,but then that bag prob came from a dif city
YARD WASTE
http://superiorcolorado.gov/Community/TrashRecycling/tabid/144/Default.aspx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.