April 26, 2024, 08:30:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871498 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: October 17, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-case-investigator-sees-similarities-with-dc-sniper-investigation

Jessica Ridgeway case: Investigator sees similarities with D.C sniper investigation
Posted: 9:22 AM
Last Updated: 58 minutes ago

WESTMINSTER, CO - Horrific crimes. Few clues for investigators. Cities in fear.

There are some similarities between the investigation into Jessica Ridgeway's murder and Washington, D.C.'s infamous serial sniper case a decade ago.
 ::snipping2::
The Denver area is experiencing similar fear over Jessica's killer, who police have called a 'predator.'

While fear usually makes people more aware, Bouchard says it can also work against an investigation.

"Fear tends to make people stay indoors, in some cases, and become sheltered so they're not normally out and normally wouldn't see the things that they'd see on a day-to-day basis," Bouchard said.

Investigators in the Ridgeway case have said they won't be frequently commenting on developments in the hunt for Jessica's killer. Bouchard said this is done by design, because investigators know the killer could be watching news coverage.

"They have to be very careful to balance what the public needs to know and what they think the public can do to help them solve this case," Bouchard said. "It's a delicate balance of what information you release."

Bouchard said it is likely investigators are trying to get a clearer picture of who was in and around Jessica's neighborhood the day she was abducted. He said they'll be doing that in ways visible and invisible to the rest of us.
Read more...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #621 on: October 17, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »

I'm anxious to know what your thoughts are on this one Blink!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »

QUESTIONS THAT DEMAND ANSWERS

3.  Could it be that the backpack was planted as an afterthought to further a false impression that Jessica had left her home on the morning of October 5th to meet up with "friends at the park" or meet up with "Jeremy at his home"?

8. Could it be that Sarah did not have contact with her daughter upon arriving home from the nightshift and ... she is withholding the truth in regards to involvement or knowledge encompassing the demise of her daughter?

If these two things were true wouldn't Jeremy and his father have come forward to dispute that Jessica actually had a phone conversation with the boy at 8:25 am that morning?

In other words, Sarah's story is supported by the fact that the little boy did talk to her that morning on the phone so we know at 8:25 am Jessica was still alive.

If there is official confirmation that Jessica with Jeremy at 8:25 AM ... the implication is that Jessica was alive on the morning of October 5th and ... Sarah is revealing the truth regarding her observation of her daughter leaving the home ALONE at 8:30 AM.

In other words ... something terrible happened somewhere between Jessica's home and Jeremy's home.  Something happenined in a 10 minute timeframe.

However ... considering no statement from case investigators has ever mentioned that 8:25 AM telephone contact between Jessica and Jeremy ... could it be that it never happen ... could it be that Jessica never left her home at 8:30 AM ... could it be that Jeremy's father drove his son to school when Jessica never arrived at the "usual" time?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »

SECOND STORY

Police moved quickly in first hours of search for Jessica Ridgeway
Posted:   10/12/2012 11:39:35 PM MDT
Updated:   10/12/2012 11:39:39 PM MDT

<snipped>

That morning, Jessica had called a neighbor boy at 8:25 a.m., asking whether he would be walking to school that day.  The two usually walked down Moore Street and through an open space every morning to Witt Elementary. ...

At 8:40 — 10 minutes before the school bell rings — Jessica had not arrived. The boy climbed into a car with his father and headed to school, according to dispatch tapes from Westminster police.

<snipped>

Police first went to the family home. Officers went to Witt Elementary. They found the boy who usually walks with Jessica — who at first told officers that he had walked with her that day and saw her enter the school building. He later realized that he had mixed up the days.

http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_21762928/police-moved-quickly-first-hours-search-jessica-ridgeway

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: October 17, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »

Amy's Sister

Only an officially confirmed 8:25 AM telephone contact between Jessica and Jeremy or ... a Grandma/Auntie witness account ... would tell us beyond a doubt that Jessica was alive on the morning of October 5th and did indeed walk out of that house to meet up with "friends" ... to meet up with "Jeremy".  So far that has not happened.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »

Blink!!!  Where did you go?

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »

why isn;t there bus service for children living this far away from school? that is a long way for a little kid to walk, especially in the winter or rain...etc...

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: October 17, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »

why isn;t there bus service for children living this far away from school? that is a long way for a little kid to walk, especially in the winter or rain...etc...

There is, Sarah stated in an interview. It is a paid service now. And Sarah gave Jessica a choice to ride the bus or walk. Jessica chose to walk.

Sarah described a conversation she had with Jessica about taking a recently-introduced bus service to school this year. Instead, Sarah said, Jessica made a plan with her older cousin Jeremy to walk to school every day.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #628 on: October 17, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

I came across a comment left by a reader that I think is worth considering:

"I'm just guessing here but...I think it could be someone who also works a graveyard shift and possibly one of Jessica's mothers co-workers? They would know the family, know that Mom will be going to bed, would be waiting to give Jessica a ride. I think co-workers of her Mothers should be checked, schedules, etc. She was abducted around 8:30 am (after their work shift) and body dumped before 11 pm ( prior to arriving for work), backpack dumped at dark/night as well, while most are asleep. Just a theory but worth considering."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jessica-ridgeway_n_1962776.html

*we don't actually know when the body was dumped*

The window of opportunity was so small to abduct Jessica that whomever did it was very likely to know her routine either because they've been watching her or because they know the family, however minimally.  They acted quickly so it could be that Jessica immediately got in the car due to immense fear (much like the little girl in Wyoming) or because she had met the perp in the past and he was familiar to her.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: October 17, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »

Cookie

In the video Sarah revealed that there is a bus service but ... there is a cost.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not drive Jessica to school.  It would only have taken minutes from her sleep time.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not accompany her 10 year old daughter the short walk to the park to meet friends or ... the short walk to Jeremy's home.  Walking alone any distance should not have been an option ... even if it was Jessica's desire.  A parent has the responsibility to decern the dangers and act accordingly as those dangers are not alway recognized by children.

Janet

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

Many parents do not feel they are acting irresponsibly by allowing their children to walk alone for such a short distance.  I am sure she did not perceive any imminent danger.  I suppose if they were regular readers of crime sites, their attitudes might change.
Feeling, as I do, that this mother is going through a terrible time, she needs our sympathy and prayers as versus plucking one liners from Holy Scripture.  Dangerous IMO . . . JMO.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »

Many parents do not feel they are acting irresponsibly by allowing their children to walk alone for such a short distance.  I am sure she did not perceive any imminent danger.  I suppose if they were regular readers of crime sites, their attitudes might change.
Feeling, as I do, that this mother is going through a terrible time, she needs our sympathy and prayers as versus plucking one liners from Holy Scripture.  Dangerous IMO . . . JMO.

I'd like to restate that I don't think Jessica's mother had anything to do with her demise, nor do I think she acted irresponsibly. She stated that she saw her area as a safe one, where there haven't even been any break-ins.

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217170/Jessica-Ridgeway-Theres-predator-large-Police-chief-vows-track-10-year-old-Jessicas-killer-dismembered-body-identified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I agree, Sister.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #632 on: October 17, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »

Cookie

In the video Sarah revealed that there is a bus service but ... there is a cost.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not drive Jessica to school.  It would only have taken minutes from her sleep time.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not accompany her 10 year old daughter the short walk to the park to meet friends or ... the short walk to Jeremy's home.  Walking alone any distance should not have been an option ... even if it was Jessica's desire.  A parent has the responsibility to decern the dangers and act accordingly as those dangers are not alway recognized by children.

Janet

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways

Considering it took three and half days for the "family" to get a story together - I have my doubts that we'll ever know the real truth here.

If my one and only child is missing - I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for help - not consulting other family members to gather together in a show of unity with a group statement.

My only hope is the police have the resources and experience to solve this case.

The answers are right there.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »

I came across a comment left by a reader that I think is worth considering:

"I'm just guessing here but...I think it could be someone who also works a graveyard shift and possibly one of Jessica's mothers co-workers? They would know the family, know that Mom will be going to bed, would be waiting to give Jessica a ride. I think co-workers of her Mothers should be checked, schedules, etc. She was abducted around 8:30 am (after their work shift) and body dumped before 11 pm ( prior to arriving for work), backpack dumped at dark/night as well, while most are asleep. Just a theory but worth considering."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jessica-ridgeway_n_1962776.html

*we don't actually know when the body was dumped*

The window of opportunity was so small to abduct Jessica that whomever did it was very likely to know her routine either because they've been watching her or because they know the family, however minimally.  They acted quickly so it could be that Jessica immediately got in the car due to immense fear (much like the little girl in Wyoming) or because she had met the perp in the past and he was familiar to her.

I've been thinking about this possibility too.  I read that it was one of Sarah's co-workers that started the webpage and/or donation fund for the family.  After I read that I wondered if it could be someone Sarah worked with, that would know Jessica and Sarah's routine.

Anyone know what kind of work Sarah does?  I don't think I've read that anywhere.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

I'd like to restate that I don't think Jessica's mother had anything to do with her demise, nor do I think she acted irresponsibly. She stated that she saw her area as a safe one, where there haven't even been any break-ins.

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217170/Jessica-Ridgeway-Theres-predator-large-Police-chief-vows-track-10-year-old-Jessicas-killer-dismembered-body-identified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I agree, Sister.

Why do parents get a pass all some of the time? I respect that Sarah worked a night shift and was making the best of her life - but why does a parent get a pass when she doesn't answer the phone when the school calls?

Likely Jessica was probably dead by the time the phone rang - but she has a moral and parental responsibility to HER child that reaches beyond watching her to the end of the street.

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »

I may have missed this and please let me know if I did BUT here is my question - my understanding is Jessica lived with her mother, aunt and grandmother. I have not heard any of them say that Jessica was alive the night before. I have not heard the other two women say they heard Jessica get up in the morning and get off to school. WHY?  I keep thinking about Zarah and her being missing for some unknown time.

If these questions have been answered, please tell me!

I have no answers...but, I have more questions. 

Was J.R. missing, eight hrs. or 24 hrs.? 

This stinks to high Heaven.

Someone would have remembered the bright pink Barbie backpack, unless she was nabbed immediately.  Everyone knows Barbie!  The backpack would have been ingrained in almost anyone's memory blank, IMO.  Either JR never walked out of the door that morning, or she  was snagged instantly. Sad  This Stinks!!

::justice2NJ::

Seahorse and TBM

If the 8:25 AM telephone contact between Jessica and Jeremy is officially confirmed then wannabe detectives can be assured that Jessica was alive on the morning of October 5th and in all probability did indeed walk out of that door ALONE at 8:30 AM to make that short trek to meet up with Jeremy.  In other words ... it can be assumed that Sarah's account would reflect the truth.

Considering Jessica failed to meet up with Jeremy by 8:40 AM  ... either something terrible happened in that ten minute time frame or ... this precious little girl arrived late at Jeremy's home ... found him gone and ... continued the 1.3 mile trek to school ALONE.

Janet

_____

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »

One last point - there is nothing wrong with quoting Scripture. If someone doesn't enjoy - pass it by. If more people believe in the Bible - we would have less crime and less b*tching.

+++

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »

One last point - there is nothing wrong with quoting Scripture. If someone doesn't enjoy - pass it by. If more people believe in the Bible - we would have less crime and less b*tching.
Totally agree with u on that one rob. More god is what is needed in this world.
People may call me overprotective but i dont allow my 2 boys 8&10 to walk up the street 6 houses without each other. They either go together or they dont go. Thats as far as they can go even together. My neighborhood is a nice one but u just cant ever be too careful in this sick world we live in.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »

I agree, Sister.

Why do parents get a pass all some of the time? I respect that Sarah worked a night shift and was making the best of her life - but why does a parent get a pass when she doesn't answer the phone when the school calls?

Likely Jessica was probably dead by the time the phone rang - but she has a moral and parental responsibility to HER child that reaches beyond watching her to the end of the street.

Thanks Rob.

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.  I cannot feel compassion for Sarah.  I know she must be hurting terribly in regards to her choices ... choices that put her child at risk but ... Jessica is dead ... dead ... dead.  What that little girl experenced is beyond comprehensible and ... it did not have to happen if Sarah had made the right choices ... right choice that may have inconvienced her somewhat but were for the well-being of her daughter ... right choices that should come naturally to a mother.

IMO

Janet 

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »

I agree, Sister.

For the record, I didn't give Sarah a "pass for not answering her phone."

I was talking about her allowing Jessica to walk to school, since it was a normal activity in her neighborhood.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.