March 29, 2024, 03:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 869559 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: October 18, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »

Thank you Blink!

I cannot comprehend why LE or Jessica's parents would not release this info ... info that would exonerate them in public arena.

Janet

+++++

Jessica Ridgeway Murder: Investigation Focuses On Suspects Of Prior Kidnap Attempts, Points To Local Suspect
Thursday 18 October 2012 2:11 pm

<snipped>

While it has not been disclosed publicly, sources inside the investigation speaking to BOC on the condition of anonymity have confirmed that both Sara Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant were administered and passed polygraph examinations.

<snipped>

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/18/jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation-focuses-on-suspects-of-prior-kidnap-attempts-points-to-local-suspect/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: October 18, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »

POLYGRAPHS

October 9th

Police Draw Attention to Missing Colorado Girl’s Appearance in Hopes of Sighting
Posted on: 8:57 am, October 9, 2012

<snipped>

Materasso would not say what items were found in or near the lake. When asked if the family has taken a polygraph test, Materasso said “that’s not part of the investigation at the time.”

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/09/police-draw-attention-to-missing-colorado-girls-appearance-in-hopes-of-sighting/

October 10th

Police clear Jessica Ridgeway’s parents, call her disappearance an ‘abduction’
Posted on: 4:32 pm, October 10, 2012

<snipped>

“The focus shifts to an unknown suspect as we think that she was abducted,” Materasso says.

He would not specify what led to police clearing the parents. But he did mention ways that could clear them include use of polygraph tests and/or speaking to people who could verify their whereabouts when Jessica went missing.

<snipped>

http://kwgn.com/2012/10/10/police-clear-jessica-ridgeways-parents-call-her-disappearance-an-abduction-3/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: October 18, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »

Thank you Blink!

I cannot comprehend why LE or Jessica's parents would not release this info ... info that would exonerate them in public arena.

Janet

+++++

Jessica Ridgeway Murder: Investigation Focuses On Suspects Of Prior Kidnap Attempts, Points To Local Suspect

<snipped>

While it has not been disclosed publicly, sources inside the investigation speaking to BOC on the condition of anonymity have confirmed that both Sara Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant were administered and passed polygraph examinations.

<snipped>

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/18/jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation-focuses-on-suspects-of-prior-kidnap-attempts-points-to-local-suspect/

Janet, I don't really think at this point LE is necessarily concerned with exonerating Jessica's parents in the public arena.  That's not their job.  Their job right now is to FIND and bring into custody if possible a very dangerous child snatching murderer.  And I don't think Jessica's parents are all that concerned right now about their public image. If my child had been kidnapped and found dismembered, the last thing I would worry about are people in an internet forum or in newspapers talking badly about me.  Polygraphs are merely tools, and there are reasons they aren't admissible in a court of law.  Obviously, Jessica's parents are cooperating with LE they are all trying to find out what happened to Jessica.  It doesn't appear Jessica's parents are person's of interest, so what is the use of releasing whether they did or didn't agree to a polygraph?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9977-sketches-of-a-killer.html

Thursday, October 18,2012
Jessica Ridgeway: Sketches of a killer
Profilers, criminology studies piece together information to describe suspect

::snipping2::
Profilers refrain from speculating about characteristics of her killer because the police haven’t released the information and there’s only so much that clues from her medical examination could suggest in the way of the make-up of her murderer.

Where their assessments end, criminology studies step in to hypothesize on her killer based on what we know about killers who have gone before.

Statistics outline her abductor as likely a white male in his late 20s or 30s, without a girlfriend, a wife or children. In the demographic study “Nonfamily Child Abductors Who Murder Their Victims,” which compiled information from detailed interviews with 25 convicted child abductors who murdered their victims, 72 percent were younger than 30, 76 percent were Caucasian, 60 percent were not married, 56 percent had no children. It’s possible a recent conflict with a female, or legal problems, triggered his predatory drive.

Though almost half of the offenders were employed at the time of the murder, it was likely unskilled work. They reported little education beyond high school, 40 percent of them dropping out before graduation.

Only 36 percent had a psychiatric diagnosis before the offense and only 28 percent of offenders reported being sexually assaulted or molested as a child.

He was, likely, an isolated child with few friends and, possibly, a history of bed-wetting, raised by both biological parents in a home environment he would describe as stable. A lonely child has probably grown to a lonely adult who lives on the margins of society.

There’s a 49 percent chance he had selected that tree by the side of the highway as where he would leave her body before he’d kidnapped her, and a 22 percent chance he has returned, or will, to the site where he disposed of her remains. There’s also a 21 percent chance he’s already left town.

If he’s like the majority of the offenders in the study, he would still score below the threshold for classification as a psychopath on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, which is used by researchers and clinicians to diagnose risk for violence. Perhaps not because he’s not psychopathic, but because he’s learned to mask those traits, able to hide even in the full sunlight of a Friday morning.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: October 18, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

Jessica Ridgeway: Killer’s ‘awareness space’ may lead to clues

When it actually comes to solving child abduction murder cases, the research suggests that the two most important elements, barring an eyewitness to some portion of the crime, is determining the relationship between the murderer and the victim and examining the murderer’s “awareness space.”

As for the relationship between the victim and the perpetrator, this can run the gambit from family members to complete strangers. Police have already announced that Jessica’s parents have been cleared of any wrongdoing. In the vast majority of cases of child abduction murder, the victim and perpetrator are at least familiar with one another, having actually met or at least noticed each other at school, church, a friend’s house, walking within the neighborhood or along some route or transportation corridor that the victim frequently traveled. The most rare type of relationship in child abduction murder cases is that of complete stranger.

Criminologists believe that murderers fall into one of two categories: the organized offender and the disorganized offender. Murderers who are complete strangers to their victims tend to fall into the organized category, as do murderers who take steps to make a victim’s body more difficult to locate or identify through tactics like mutilation or the scattering of body parts to different locations. Serial killers also typically exhibit traits that lead them to be classified as organized.

In the Jessica Ridgeway case, it is too early at this point to say what the relationship between victim and murderer will turn out to be. We do know that the gruesome condition of the child’s body when discovered exhibited the characteristics of an organized murderer, having been dismembered and left on the roadside lacking certain identifying elements, which made her identification more difficult and time-consuming for authorities. The horrific condition in which Jessica’s body was found is a primary reason why both law enforcement and criminal profilers believe that her killer is likely to strike again.

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

In the case of Jessica Ridgeway, we can start to see at least a portion of her killer’s awareness space depicted on the maps, based on where Jessica was abducted, where her backpack was found and where her body was ultimately dumped. The maps are located at http://goo.gl/maps/Tf2tR (large map) and http://goo.gl/maps/fyPyI (inset map).
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: October 18, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

18m Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
Police asking public if they have information that could link the Ketner Lake incident on Memorial Day (05-28-12) to #jessicaridgeway

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »

Link to the insert map at the link below

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

Jessica Ridgeway: Killer’s ‘awareness space’ may lead to clues

Awareness space explains why law enforcement is looking carefully at several other criminal acts that have occurred in and around Jessica’s neighborhood.

For example, there have been at least two attempted assaults in recent years at Ketner Lake Open Space, which is located literally across the street from Jessica’s neighborhood school, Witt Elementary. In fact, third-grade students from Witt have adopted the property and help clean up trash around Ketner Lake.

Police are believed to be circulating the description of an assailant who attacked women in their 20s who were jogging at Ketner Lake in July 2010 and Memorial Day this year.

According to media reports, in the most recent incident, a 22-year-old woman reported that while jogging on the path that circles the small lake at 1:15 p.m. on May 28, she passed a man who was walking the opposite direction on the trail. When she rounded the loop again, the man had turned around and was walking the same direction that she was running. She told police that when she passed him, he grabbed her and tried to put a chemical-soaked rag over her mouth. She fought free, ran away and called 911.

The victim described the man as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, with brown hair and an average build. He was wearing a blue cap, black T-shirt, jeans and small-rimmed sunglasses.

It is similar to the description of a man who chased and tried to grab another jogger at Ketner Lake in July 2010.

Westminster police refused to release the report on the May 28 incident to BW, saying it is still an open investigation.

What likely makes these two Ketner Lake incidents of interest to those investigating Jessica’s abduction and murder is not only the extremely close geographic proximity to the girl’s home and school (see inset map page 13), but also the brazen character of the crimes.

Ketner Lake is a small body of water in the center of a neighborhood park. The trail that circles the lake and that was the location of the jogger attacks, for the most part, is nearly in the backyards of surrounding homes and is virtually always in clear sight of dozens of homes and the surrounding streets.

On a recent excursion, BW staff hiked around Ketner Lake and found only a couple of short stretches of trail, no more than 10 to 15 feet in length, where an assault could have taken place without easily being seen from nearby homes and passing cars, and even those locations were hardly private. The idea that an attacker would attempt to abduct a woman in this open area across the street from an elementary school in sight of potentially many witnesses in broad daylight is extremely disturbing and exhibits a predatory character with almost no regard for potential consequences. It has been theorized that the two unsuccessful attempts to attack grown women in their 20s could give such a failed attacker cause to seek a younger, more defenseless target, such as a 10-year-old child.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »

Video at link

http://www.9news.com/rss/article/294986/339/Police-in-Ridgeway-case-look-for-link-in-May-case?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Police in Ridgeway case look for link in May case
 5:50 PM, Oct 18, 2012

WESTMINSTER - Police are searching for a link between the abduction and slaying of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and the attempted abduction of a 22-year-old woman at a neighborhood lake in May.

Police are asking the community to come forward if they saw anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica's disappearance and the attempted abduction, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases.

The suspect in the Memorial Day case is described as follows:
 •Light skinned male
•18 - 30's (or someone who's appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
•Brown hair
•Medium build
•5'06" to 5'08" (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

In the attempted abduction case, the woman reported that a man grabbed her from behind and placed a rag over her mouth that had a chemical smell.

Investigators say they don't have a vehicle description.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »

Thanks for posting those articles on FBI profiling, awareness space and Ketner Lake, grace-land.

Lots of food for thought there.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: October 18, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »

Thanks for posting those articles on FBI profiling, awareness space and Ketner Lake, grace-land.

Thanks.  Do you know how to post the "inset map"?
 https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217409543153920803504.0004cc1dd68e40ff0d25d&msa=0
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #690 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway/posts/403790316359621

Westminster PD
4:38pm (4 minutes ago)
Date – October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica’s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

• Light skinned male
• 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster’s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica’s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: October 18, 2012, 08:53:35 PM »

Thanks.  Do you know how to post the "inset map"?
 https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217409543153920803504.0004cc1dd68e40ff0d25d&msa=0

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: October 18, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »

Thank you, Brandi!     You're an  an angelic monkey

Hopefully, someone will call in a tip and the LE can question him.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: October 18, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »

You're welcome.

Seems like LE has a lot to go on ... hope this monster is caught soon!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »

Thank you Blink!

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

Janet, I don't really think at this point LE is necessarily concerned with exonerating Jessica's parents in the public arena.  That's not their job.  Their job right now is to FIND and bring into custody if possible a very dangerous child snatching murderer.  And I don't think Jessica's parents are all that concerned right now about their public image. If my child had been kidnapped and found dismembered, the last thing I would worry about are people in an internet forum or in newspapers talking badly about me.  Polygraphs are merely tools, and there are reasons they aren't admissible in a court of law.  Obviously, Jessica's parents are cooperating with LE they are all trying to find out what happened to Jessica.  It doesn't appear Jessica's parents are person's of interest, so what is the use of releasing whether they did or didn't agree to a polygraph?
Well said Muffy.  Thank you.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »

You're welcome.

Seems like LE has a lot to go on ... hope this monster is caught soon!
Lots of prayers needed.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: October 18, 2012, 09:23:15 PM »

me too

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: October 18, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »

a  ::snipping2:: from blinks

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/18/jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation-focuses-on-suspects-of-prior-kidnap-attempts-points-to-local-suspect/comment-page-1/#comment-2028513

If this individual is what I suspect based on limited information, although in a sense he is sexually deviant and therefore motivated accordingly, it is possible there is no evidence of a traditional finding of sexual assault.
 B

it reminded me of this,ive not reg and looked,i really dont want to see

=jesse+speer
Mature content Hidden
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=jesse+speer

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: October 18, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

a  ::snipping2:: from blinks

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/18/jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation-focuses-on-suspects-of-prior-kidnap-attempts-points-to-local-suspect/comment-page-1/#comment-2028513

If this individual is what I suspect based on limited information, although in a sense he is sexually deviant and therefore motivated accordingly, it is possible there is no evidence of a traditional finding of sexual assault.
 B

it reminded me of this,ive not reg and looked,i really dont want to see

=jesse+speer
Mature content Hidden
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=jesse+speer

For the record, there is nothing *deviant* about deviantart.com. It is simply an artist community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeviantArt

Just wanted to mention that Wink

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: October 18, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »

http://twitter.com/9news

15m 9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Do you live near or go to Ketner Lake? If so read this: Police in Ridgeway case look for link http://on9news.tv/RZ7JsH  #JusticeforJessica

----------------------------
Jessica's school (big building) is at the top right of the photo.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294986/339/Police-in-Ridgeway-case-look-for-link-in-May-case

Police in Ridgeway case look for link in May case
8:16 PM, Oct 18, 2012

WESTMINSTER - Police are searching for a link between the abduction and slaying of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and the attempted abduction of a 22-year-old woman at a neighborhood lake in May.

Police are asking the community to come forward if they saw anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.