April 26, 2024, 02:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871744 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: October 20, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »

http://twitter.com/9news

15m9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS
@WPatrickOwen @SusieWargin here is a photo with the cross and a ruler to show size #JusticeforJessica pic.twitter.com/rVbbEiZc

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »

Those 3 marks could also be where a tiny Jesus figurine/emblem was attached to the cross.  If the the cross is only 1.5" then those marks would be extremely small. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »

perhaps the 3 slashes represents that Jessica was his 3rd victim?

maybe there are 2 other bodies out there unfound with a similiar cross with their bodies? vicim 1 and victim 2

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: October 20, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

A Girl’s Neighbors Are Left to Grieve and Fear a Predator in Their Midst
Posted on October 17, 2012

<snipped>

On Monday, the principal at Arvada K-8, a nearby school, sent parents a letter saying that a student reported she had been approached by a goateed man in his 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. In mid-September, school officials warned parents of two attempted abductions, one by a man offering candy if a child got into his car.

<snipped>

http://www.99linkedin.com/a-girls-neighbors-are-left-to-grieve-and-fear-a-predator-in-their-midst/

Police Not Ruling Out Possible Connection To Attempted Abduction Suspect
October 11, 2012 8:15 PM

Police in Arvada have been investigating two cases of attempted abduction since Sept. 9. Now police in Westminster are taking a closer look at the case to see if there is a connection to Jessica’s disappearance.

On that day a child was approached by a stranger near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada near Warder Elementary School. The stranger allegedly offered candy and asked the child to come to his car.

Three days later another child was approached by a similar stranger offering candy at Fitzmorris Elementary School. ...

On Sept. 14 Jefferson County School District sent a letter to parents warning them of the situation with the attempted abductions.

In both instances the children ran away and told adults what had happened.

<snipped>

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

Full Video: Family of Jessica Ridgeway makes first public statement
Posted on: 3:40 pm, October 9, 2012

<snipped>

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries".

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

Cops Hunting for Jessica Ridgeway's Killer Turn to Attempted Abductions
Oct. 19, 2012

<snipped>

Authorities are now turning their attention to two attempted abductions at Ketner Lake earlier this year.

On May 28, at around 1:15 p.m., a 22-year-old woman was running on a trail around the lake when she said a man tried to grab her from behind, police said. The woman said he tried to put a rag over her mouth that had a chemical smell. She was able to get away and call 911.

The suspect was described as a white male, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches with brown hair and average build.

Police said they were concerned that a jogger was chased by a man in the same area in July of 2010. The suspect described in 2010 was similar to the case from this year.

"Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica's disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases," police said in their statement

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ridgeway-cops-hunting-killer-turn-attempted-jogger/story?id=17516930

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: October 20, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #725 on: October 20, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »

You can buy those crosses in gas stations.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: October 20, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »

Yes, of course you can.  To think a highly organized offender is going to leave behind the virtual keys to his cell is unwise.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: October 20, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »

Yes, of course you can.  To think a highly organized offender is going to leave behind the virtual keys to his cell is unwise.
Blink- I am confused- what do you mean by that?  Anyone can explain that to me? TIA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: October 20, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »

Ten photos with comments below them at the link

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#10

Photos: She walked out the door, and she was gone
Posted Oct 20, 2012

The 10-year-old girl with the gap in her front teeth, who liked to play cheerleader and waitress, giggled a lot, loved the color purple and couldn’t wait to be a teenager, was on her way to school, alone.

She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five.

But Jessica Ridgeway, bundled against the cold in a black puffy jacket, never arrived.  ::snipping2::

2 of 10
At 8:30 a.m. Oct. 5, Jessica left to meet a friend and walk to school. Her regular route on Moore Street passes wooden fences and modest homes spaced close together. RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post
3 of 10
Just around a corner from the Ridgeway home, about 100 yards away, Chelsea Park was a place Jessica would often meet classmates who then walked together to school. But on Oct. 5, her plans were different. RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post
4 of 10
It was cold on Oct. 5. Before leaving home, Jessica had called a friend of hers. She arranged to meet at him at his house, no more than a five-minute walk from hers. RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post
5 of 10
The boy and his father waited for Jessica. She never arrived. At 8:40 a.m., with 10 minutes until the bell rang, the man drove his son to school. RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post
6 of 10
Jessica's mother woke at 4 p.m. to find a message on her cell phone from school about Jessica's unexcused absence. No one knew for certain whether the girl ever made it to a gravel trail that cuts through an open space to Witt Elementary. RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post
 ::snipping2::
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: October 20, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »

so heartbreaking...a little girl with so many dreams.....all gone now

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

15m9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS
@WPatrickOwen @SusieWargin here is a photo with the cross and a ruler to show size #JusticeforJessica pic.twitter.com/rVbbEiZc

I wonder what type of wood this is made from?

It could have dropped out of a pocket when he left her body.
Or he left it on her as a message.

Kind of odd that there is a song about a cross left on the side of the highway by Randy Travis.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: October 20, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »

Those 3 marks could also be where a tiny Jesus figurine/emblem was attached to the cross.  If the the cross is only 1.5" then those marks would be extremely small. 

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: October 20, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »

so heartbreaking...a little girl with so many dreams.....all gone now

So sad and I can't get it out of my head how scared she was.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:02 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/20/merchants-help-police-analyze-cross-that-may-belong-to-ridgeways-killer/

Merchants help police analyze cross that may belong to Ridgeway’s killer
Posted on: 9:17 pm, October 20, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Religious stores across the north metro area are helping police search for Jessica Ridgeway’s killer by examining a small wooden cross found during the investigation.

“It was found at one of the crime scenes,” investigator Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said. “We did confirm that it was not Jessica’s and believe it was left behind by the killer.”

The cross, described as around one inch wide and one and half inches tall, could be the breakthrough police need to find Jessica’s abductor.

“It does to me look very handmade because of the fact it’s not perpendicular,” said Chris Malley, a religious store operator in Wheat Ridge.

Police believe the cross could also be related to a previous case in which a woman reported an attempted abduction near Jessica’s home over the Memorial Day weekend.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: October 21, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »

Blink- I am confused- what do you mean by that?  Anyone can explain that to me? TIA

I think that LE is focused on finding the owner of this cross as opposed to understanding and directing efforts to it's interpretation.

This offender is not going to leave anything behind that is the virtual keys to his cell, imo.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:38 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway

Missing Jessica Ridgeway from Westminster, CO

Westminster Police Department
 For Immediate Release
 Direct: (303) 658-4427 Dispatch: (303) 658-4360
 Prepared by: Investigator Trevor Materasso
Case Number: 2012-16605
Subject: Jessica Ridgeway - Police Release Photograph of Cross
Date – October 19, 2012

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

Authorities are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one. Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

• Light skinned male
• 18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Police are asking the community to look through the pictures and call our tip line or send us an email with information that may identify the killer or where he may have got the cross from. Tip line: 303-658-4336 email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:52 AM »

http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
Posted:   10/21/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT

It began with a girl walking out her front door.

The alarm clock rang at 7:45 a.m. Jessica had asked for the clock so she could get up on her own, part of her push to be more self-sufficient and look grown-up, her mother recalled.

That Oct. 5 morning, Jessica followed her normal routine. She watched TV, ate a granola bar, went back upstairs to dress, then peeled an orange with her mother to take to school.

Sarah Ridgeway, a 31-year-old single mom, had just come home from working her regular 10 p.m.-to-7 a.m. tech-support shift at a software company in Boulder.

The shift is not a desirable one, but it worked for the Ridgeway family, said Stephan Teske, a co-worker and friend of Sarah Ridgeway's.

While Jessica was at school, her mother slept, waking at 4 p.m. so she could greet her daughter.

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door. I shut
the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.

The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park — a pocket park with playground equipment.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Reached last week by The Denver Post, the father declined an interview request.

The morning of Oct. 5 was unremarkable at Witt Elementary — a school of about 330 students on the northern edge of the Jefferson County School District.

The school prides itself on community engagement, hosting family dance nights, a school spirit club and community-service projects such as picking up trash around Ketner Lake Open Space.

Jessica Ridgeway, who loved going to school, never arrived. Her mother did not call in the absence, so after roll call in Shelia Grice's class, a note went to the office.

Within the next hour, the school's secretary began calling parents of students with unexcused absences. Police say that shortly after 10 a.m., the secretary called the cellphone on file for Jessica's mother to report that her daughter was not in school that morning.

By that time, though, Sarah Ridgeway was already asleep in her upstairs bedroom. Her cellphone was in another room, she explained later, because a college she had applied to would not stop calling, and she needed her sleep.

The other adults who lived in the home — Jessica's grandmother and her aunt — were at work.

Sarah Ridgeway awoke that afternoon, picking up the message about her daughter's absence.

Maybe there was some sort of mistake, she thought.

She drove past Chelsea Park. No Jessica.

She went to a friend's house. No answer.

She drove to the school. No one had seen Jessica all day.

With each dead end, Sarah Ridgeway recalled, she lost a little hope.

"And then you get a pit in your stomach you don't want any parent to experience in their entire life — when you know your child has been taken," she said.

She called Westminster police. It was 4:23 p.m.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: October 21, 2012, 07:35:41 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/20/merchants-help-police-analyze-cross-that-may-belong-to-ridgeways-killer/

Merchants help police analyze cross that may belong to Ridgeway’s killer
Posted on: 9:17 pm, October 20, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Religious stores across the north metro area are helping police search for Jessica Ridgeway’s killer by examining a small wooden cross found during the investigation.

“It was found at one of the crime scenes,” investigator Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said. “We did confirm that it was not Jessica’s and believe it was left behind by the killer.”

The cross, described as around one inch wide and one and half inches tall, could be the breakthrough police need to find Jessica’s abductor.

“It does to me look very handmade because of the fact it’s not perpendicular,” said Chris Malley, a religious store operator in Wheat Ridge.

Police believe the cross could also be related to a previous case in which a woman reported an attempted abduction near Jessica’s home over the Memorial Day weekend.

I wonder why the police believe the cross is possibly related to a previous attempted abduction?  Was that perp wearing a cross?

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: October 21, 2012, 07:48:55 AM »

I think that LE is focused on finding the owner of this cross as opposed to understanding and directing efforts to it's interpretation.

This offender is not going to leave anything behind that is the virtual keys to his cell, imo.

Was this cross found w/Jessica or was it placed in her backpack?

Isn't it possible that the profilers are attempting to analyse the intended 'message' of the cross while at the same time asking the public for assistance in finding it's owner?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: October 21, 2012, 08:02:53 AM »

15m9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

I wonder what type of wood this is made from?

It could have dropped out of a pocket when he left her body.
Or he left it on her as a message.

Kind of odd that there is a song about a cross left on the side of the highway by Randy Travis.

Some years ago when the Pope visited my city a relative attended some of the events and was given a cross that looks identical.    It came with a string so it could be worn around the neck.
Thousands of these crosses were given out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.