April 20, 2024, 12:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871143 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »

It appears that Jessica was murdered and dismembered at another location?  Could it be the killer wanted her remains located?

Janet

++++

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
10/21/2012 12:17:03 PM

<snipped>

Just east of Colorado 93 along 82nd Street in Arvada, Pattridge Park Open Space is a barren, isolated area of prickly pear cactus and yucca. The land is pocked with the ruins of mine shafts and barbed-wire fence.

There are tumbleweeds, coyotes and, on weekends, the buzz of model airplanes.

On the afternoon of Oct. 10, maintenance workers were out picking up trash — a routine exercise in a park neighboring a landfill.

Earlier that day, police announced they had ruled out Jessica's parents as suspects and believed an unknown person abducted her.

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

<snipped>

http://**/commented/ci_21820092?source=commented-

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: October 21, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

Police moved quickly in first hours of search for Jessica Ridgeway
Posted:   10/12/2012 11:39:35 PM MDT
Updated:   10/12/2012 11:39:39 PM MDT

<snipped>

That morning, Jessica had called a neighbor boy at 8:25 a.m., asking whether he would be walking to school that day.  The two usually walked down Moore Street and through an open space every morning to Witt Elementary. ...

At 8:40 — 10 minutes before the school bell rings — Jessica had not arrived. The boy climbed into a car with his father and headed to school, according to dispatch tapes from Westminster police.

<snipped>

Police first went to the family home. Officers went to Witt Elementary. They found the boy who usually walks with Jessica — who at first told officers that he had walked with her that day and saw her enter the school building. He later realized that he had mixed up the days.

http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_21762928/police-moved-quickly-first-hours-search-jessica-ridgeway

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »

Thanks Grace

Little Jessica went missing in a 3-4 minute 1000' trek to Jeremy's home.  What happened?

Janet

++++

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
By Eric Gorski and Jeremy P. Meyer
Updated:   10/21/2012 08:55:47 AM MDT

She walked out the door, and she was gone.

The 10-year-old girl with the gap in her front teeth, who liked to play cheerleader and waitress, giggled a lot, loved the color purple and couldn't wait to be a teenager, was on her way to school, alone.

She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five.

But Jessica Ridgeway, bundled against the cold in a black puffy jacket, never arrived.

<snipped>

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door.

I shut the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.

The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park — a pocket park with playground equipment.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Reached last week by The Denver Post, the father declined an interview request.

<snipped>

http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:03 PM »

http://twitter.com/9news

49m9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS
Your tips are important to help find her killer. Call the Westminster PD tip hotline at 303-658-4336, #JusticeforJessica

50m9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS
Police tell @9NEWS they collected something from Pattridge Park today that could be evidence in the #JessicaRidgeway case.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295544/339/Police-continue-to-follow-leads-in-Ridgeway-case

Police continue to follow leads in Jessica Ridgeway case
9:44 PM, Oct 21, 2012

::snipping2::
Police have received over 4,000 tips and continue to follow leads in the case. Investigators were back at the scene in Pattridge Park on Sunday after receiving a tip that a woman had found something that could be evidence.

Investigators collected the evidence and will process it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »

Video at link

http://kwgn.com/2012/10/21/giant-motorcade-through-westminster-honors-jessica-ridgeway/

Giant motorcade through Westminster honors Jessica Ridgeway
Posted on: 8:04 pm, October 21, 2012, by Steve Baron, updated on: 09:57pm, October 21, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Several thousand people drove their cars and motorcycles through Westminster Sunday to remember Jessica Ridgeway.

The body of the 10-year-old girl, who was abducted on her way to school, was discovered earlier this month. The memorial cruise was organized to help raise money for her family.

“My heart just goes out to the family,” said Tom Scofield, one of those who took part. “It just tore my heart to see that happen and I thought this is just a great way to come out and try to support her and her family.”

The cruise evolved from a Facebook page that was created in Jessica’s honor soon after her disappearance.

Drivers and bikers, some of them sporting vintage machines, met near Highway 36 and Church Ranch Rd. at 2 p.m. Sunday.

Each paid $20 to drive or ride the 10-mile-long route which included a loop around Jessica’s neighborhood.
It’s believed close to $40,000 was raised. Jessica’s family plans to hold cheerleading camps and conduct other projects in her honor.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: October 22, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21825486/police-get-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where

Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found
Posted:   10/21/2012 10:13:21 PM MDT
October 22, 2012 4:24 AM GMTUpdated:   10/21/2012 10:24:34 PM MDT

A Denver TV station reported Sunday night that investigators in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder had received new evidence.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

He said someone walking near the park reported finding some items, including a tuft of what appeared to be blonde hair, and called police.

Materasso said there is no indication yet whether the hair are connected to the case. "We don't even know if this is dog hair yet," he said.

"Like everything else, every tip we've gotten, it was taken and we'll take a look at it to see if it's connected," he said.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21825486/police-get-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where

Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found
Posted:   10/21/2012 10:13:21 PM MDT
October 22, 2012 4:24 AM GMTUpdated:   10/21/2012 10:24:34 PM MDT

A Denver TV station reported Sunday night that investigators in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder had received new evidence.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

He said someone walking near the park reported finding some items, including a tuft of what appeared to be blonde hair, and called police.

Materasso said there is no indication yet whether the hair are connected to the case. "We don't even know if this is dog hair yet," he said.

"Like everything else, every tip we've gotten, it was taken and we'll take a look at it to see if it's connected," he said.

The Fox 31 article and video are here: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusive-dna-from-jessica-ridgeway-suspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

Keep in mind that this is the report that Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" is "erroneous and bad information" as stated in the above post.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

11mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
Details may be limited to protect investigation/prosecution and for public safety #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica

13mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
PD ask for patience as we work to get an official update, only Westminster gives official case details #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica

16mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
Due to information aired by media last night, we have received numerous request for upated information. #jessicaridgeway
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: October 22, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »

BOOK BAG?? Considering Jessica's "back pack" was not found by LE ... where and when did police locate a "book bag" belonging to Jessica with her clothes inside?

Janet

+++++

Book Bag

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say
Posted on: 11:03 pm, October 21, 2012

<snipped>

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso. 

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusive-dna-from-jessica-ridgeway-suspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

Backpack

Jessica Ridgeway case: Neighbor noticed backpack on Superior street night before
Man said it appeared 'out of place' but not worthy of immediate inspection
October 9, 2012 1:9 AM

SUPERIOR -- A Superior resident who helped discover what turned out to be missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway's backpack said he and his wife first noticed the bag sitting on the sidewalk next to their home just after midnight Saturday -- more than 12 hours before it came to the attention of authorities.

<snipped>

http://**/superior-news/ci_21727780/jessica-ridgeway-case-neighbor-noticed-backpack-superior-street

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »

Amber Alert
Amber Alert logo
Missing From: Westminster, CO
Missing Date: 10/05/2012 12:00 AM Mountain
Issued for: Colorado: Statewide
Contact: If you have information, please contact Westminster Police Department, 303-658-4360
Circumstances: Mother saw child leaving for school walking to friend's home. Jessica never arrived at her friends home or at the school. Any information please contact the Westminster Police Department at 303-658-4360.

Missing Child
Name: Jessica Ridgeway
Alias:
Hair Color: Blonde Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: White Age: 10 years-old
Height: 4 feet 10 inches Weight: 80 pounds
Description: The child was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black puffy jacket with pink lining, purple eyeglasses, and black boots with pom-poms. The child has shoulder length hair.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...&amberId=11031

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »

BOOK BAG?? Considering Jessica's "back pack" was not found by LE ... where and when did police locate a "book bag" belonging to Jessica with her clothes inside?

Janet

+++++

Book Bag

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say

<snipped>

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso. 

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusive-dna-from-jessica-ridgeway-suspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

Backpack

Jessica Ridgeway case: Neighbor noticed backpack on Superior street night before
Man said it appeared 'out of place' but not worthy of immediate inspection
October 9, 2012 1:9 AM

SUPERIOR -- A Superior resident who helped discover what turned out to be missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway's backpack said he and his wife first noticed the bag sitting on the sidewalk next to their home just after midnight Saturday -- more than 12 hours before it came to the attention of authorities.

<snipped>

http://**/superior-news/ci_21727780/jessica-ridgeway-case-neighbor-noticed-backpack-superior-street

I believe "book bag" and "backpack" are interchangeable words, Janet.

Also keep in mind LE stated that 60% of that Fox31 report is "erroneous and bad information." Who knows what parts are correct and what parts are not.

I am waiting for an update from LE.

From Westminster PD's twitter:
Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

PD ask for patience as we work to get an official update, only Westminster gives official case details

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »

Also keep in mind LE stated that 60% of that Fox31 report is "erroneous and bad information." Who knows what parts are correct and what parts are not.

PD ask for patience as we work to get an official update, only Westminster gives official case details

Brandi ... you could be right.  The wording in the article that implied that LE found the "book bag" triggered my hinky bone.  It is known that the "back pack" was not found by LE.

Janet

+++++

Book Bag

<snipped>

[Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

<snipped>

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »

Brandi ... you could be right.  The wording in the article that implied that LE found the "book bag" triggered my hinky bone.  It is known that the "back pack" was not found by LE.

Janet

+++++

Book Bag

<snipped>

[Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

<snipped>

IMO, the Fox 31 report is poorly-worded.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

Great -- now we have news reporting that is 60% wrong.  I don't know which is worse, no information or incorrect info.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »

Great -- now we have news reporting that is 60% wrong.  I don't know which is worse, no information or incorrect info.   

I think incorrect information is the WORST.  I'll take that over no (or delayed release) information any day.  So many times it seems news outlets are in such a hurry to be the first to scoop the news they fail to check the information.  And when there are errors in reporting, I haven't seen many retractions/corrections and if I have, they are buried somewhere in the back pages.    It seems people tend to believe what they were first told even if there are corrections.  I would rather wait a bit and get better info.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »

I think incorrect information is the WORST.  I'll take that over no (or delayed release) information any day.  So many times it seems news outlets are in such a hurry to be the first to scoop the news they fail to check the information.  And when there are errors in reporting, I haven't seen many retractions/corrections and if I have, they are buried somewhere in the back pages.    It seems people tend to believe what they were first told even if there are corrections.  I would rather wait a bit and get better info.  JMHO

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403729659699020&set=pb.398494973555822.-2207520000.1350798061&type=1&permPage=1
at the Tattoo fundraiser

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.