April 19, 2024, 07:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871088 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: October 23, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

Westminster PD Channing, Police must be very cautious before using a sketch as there are several considerations that must be made before law enforcement releases a sketch. At this time, we do not believe a sketch would aid in identifying the predator responsible for Jessica's abduction and murder.
about an hour ago

Westminster PD Westminster PD appreciates our community and the public following information that is official and that which has been released by us. As the investigation and story grows, more and more inaccurate information will be shared. We will continue to be the only source of official information and caution when terms "someone close to the investigation" or similiar is used. Thank you
about an hour ago
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: October 23, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »

Janet, regarding the receipts:

We can also say that there were receipts collected during the investigation. We can say that they were NOT found at Patridge Park and are not related to the Jessica Ridgeway investigation. Investigators were at King Soopers, however they were following up on several other tips.

16 hours ago

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: October 23, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »

Westminster PD Channing, Police must be very cautious before using a sketch as there are several considerations that must be made before law enforcement releases a sketch. At this time, we do not believe a sketch would aid in identifying the predator responsible for Jessica's abduction and murder.
about an hour ago

Westminster PD Westminster PD appreciates our community and the public following information that is official and that which has been released by us. As the investigation and story grows, more and more inaccurate information will be shared. We will continue to be the only source of official information and caution when terms "someone close to the investigation" or similiar is used. Thank you
about an hour ago

Investigators have similar descriptions of the person of interest from TWO victims.  Why would a circulated composite sketch be deemed not worthwhile?  Why was a circulated composite sketch not circulated in May, 2012 ... in July, 2012?  Maybe ... just maybe ....

Janet

+++++

Jessica Ridgeway murder: Colorado killing connected to attack on jogger at Ketner Lake
Posted: 9:08 AM (October 23, 2012)
Last Updated: 2 hours and 39 minutes ago

<snipped>

In the May attack, a 22-year-old woman was jogging when a man grabbed her from behind and tried put a chemical-laced rag over her mouth, police said.

The woman escaped and called 911, police said. Yet officers searching the area with a police dog were unable to find the attacker.

The suspect in the May 2012 attack was described as a light-skinned man who ranged in age from 18 to his 30s. He had brown hair, a medium build and was about 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall. The man was wearing a dark blue baseball cap, small-rim sunglasses, a black T-shirt and blue jeans.

A similar incident occurred in July 2010, when a man chased a female jogger near the lake. Police said that man's description was similar to the assailant in the jogger attack.

<snipped>

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-murder-colorado-killing-connected-to-attack-on-jogger-at-ketner-lake

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »

Janet, regarding the receipts:

We can also say that there were receipts collected during the investigation. We can say that they were NOT found at Patridge Park and are not related to the Jessica Ridgeway investigation. Investigators were at King Soopers, however they were following up on several other tips.

16 hours ago

Thanks Brandi.

I don't do facebook.  It appears that many of the answers I am seeking are not being revealed in official press conferences.

Thanks again.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

http://www.9news.com/rss/article/295798/339/Murder-investigators-gather-500-DNA-samples?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Investigators gather 500 DNA samples in murder investigation of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway
3:48 PM, Oct 23, 2012

WESTMINSTER - Investigators have gathered DNA samples from about 500 people as they search for Jessica Ridgeway's killer, 9Wants to Know has confirmed.

Each person who gave a DNA sample did so on a voluntarily basis, Westminster Police Department spokesman Trevor Materasso said Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators selected people for DNA samples based on a variety of factors, 9Wants to Know learned and Materasso confirmed.

Investigators asked for DNA from the following groups:

•People who members of the public said should be considered suspects in Ridgeway's killing.
•People identified through information gathered when police canvassed neighborhoods near her house and where her backpack was discovered.
•People whose cellphones were used in areas near the crime scene.
•People who matched the description of a man who tried to grab a woman as she was running around Ketner Lake in Westminster.

Police have said they believe the man who tried to grab the woman near Ketner Lake over Memorial Day weekend is tied to Ridgeway's murder. Police say a jogger was attacked from behind by a man who used a chemical-soaked rag to try and subdue her. The woman fought off her would-be abductor.

The attacker was light-skinned, 18 to 30 years old and had brown hair, according to police.

The DNA samples in the investigation are being taken orally, according to one person who voluntarily gave a DNA sample.
 ::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #805 on: October 23, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »

Article about the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

Jogger escapes from attempted kidnapping near Westminster lake

Posted on: 10:35 pm, May 30, 2012, by Julie Hayden

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Neighbors say there’s not much to worry about on Westminster’s Ketner Lake Trail—usually.

Emily Phillips walks there all the time and says, “The weirdest thing is when someone’s dog is off their leash, that’s the biggest worry I’ve ever had.”

“It’s always filled with nice people and their kids and dogs who say ‘hi’ to you,” adds Chris Houghtaling.

But Westminster Police say Monday about 1:15 p.m., a man attacked a 22-year-old woman as she jogged along the trail. Police say she passed the suspect once, as he walked the opposite way.

But when she looped around again, he was walking in the same direction and grabbed her as she ran by.  She told police the suspect tried to put a cloth over her face, with some kind of chemical on it.  She managed to fight him off and called 911 as he ran away.

Police are especially concerned because a similar incident happened in the same area two years ago.

Investigator Trevor Materasso says in July of 2010, another woman was jogging in the same open space, when a suspect with a similar description tried to grab her.  She also managed to get away.

Police have posted crime alerts at trail entrances and people using the open space are reading them with concern.

Aaron Henry says he and his wife and ten month old son come here all the time.

“It’s kind of scary,” he says. “It hits a little close to home.”

Police note Monday afternoon was a busy time at Ketner Lake and they hope someone may have noticed the suspect.  They ask anyone who might have any information to please call police.

From the video:

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #806 on: October 23, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »

Comment to the article above...

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

Lisa Crutcher Jameson-Shea 145 days ago
My son 8 years old was attacked at 104th and Westcliff in Westminster 3 Thursdays ago by a mid 30's white male jogging on the Dry Creek Trail about a mile from this. Police have been investigating this too. This is very scarey.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: October 23, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/news/westminster-police-seek-donations-for-reward-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

Westminster police seek donations for reward in Jessica Ridgeway case
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 6:21 PM

The Westminster Police Department has received calls and emails from people and businesses across the country asking if they can contribute money to a reward fund.

Some people want their donations to be used as a reward for information leading to the identification and apprehension of the person responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgway.

Westminster police, working with Metro Denver Crime Stoppers has established a reward account. There are several ways you can contribute to this account.

Contributions can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank & the Crime Stoppers website:

Simply donate to the Jessica Ridgeway Benefit Donation Reward Account at any Wells Fargo Bank (9957483077)

By check: Crime Stoppers c/o Justice for Jessica, PO Box 40965, Denver, CO 80204 Memo line: Jessica Ridgeway Reward

Online at: www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: October 23, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »

Something else I noted His ear. I thought it was just distorted in the enlarging of the photo, but the guy behind him - his ear looks normal whereas the tattoo guy's ear looks like a cauliflower ear. Like wrestlers and/or boxers get?????

Unless the cap is pushing his ear down.  But normally a stocking cap wouldn't have that much pressure, would it?
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #809 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8LnsWBAkug  School Seizes Rosary Beads From Student - 'Gang Symbol'

I remember a while back this was in the news.

Could the cross have been on a rosary and have fallen off as Jessica struggled with her abductor?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2012, 02:44:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8LnsWBAkug  School Seizes Rosary Beads From Student - 'Gang Symbol'

I remember a while back this was in the news.

Could the cross have been on a rosary and have fallen off as Jessica struggled with her abductor?

While similar in design, the cross necklace the man is wearing does not appear to have all the necessary elements of a rosary.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

about an hour ago

about an hour ago

Investigators have similar descriptions of the person of interest from TWO victims.  Why would a circulated composite sketch be deemed not worthwhile?  Why was a circulated composite sketch not circulated in May, 2012 ... in July, 2012?  Maybe ... just maybe ....

Janet

+++++

Jessica Ridgeway murder: Colorado killing connected to attack on jogger at Ketner Lake
Posted: 9:08 AM (October 23, 2012)
Last Updated: 2 hours and 39 minutes ago

<snipped>

In the May attack, a 22-year-old woman was jogging when a man grabbed her from behind and tried put a chemical-laced rag over her mouth, police said.

The woman escaped and called 911, police said. Yet officers searching the area with a police dog were unable to find the attacker.

The suspect in the May 2012 attack was described as a light-skinned man who ranged in age from 18 to his 30s. He had brown hair, a medium build and was about 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall. The man was wearing a dark blue baseball cap, small-rim sunglasses, a black T-shirt and blue jeans.

A similar incident occurred in July 2010, when a man chased a female jogger near the lake. Police said that man's description was similar to the assailant in the jogger attack.

<snipped>

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-murder-colorado-killing-connected-to-attack-on-jogger-at-ketner-lake

No composite sketch?  It doesn't make sense when two victims have provided descriptions of their attacker ... their attacker who can be linked to the Jessica Ridgway murder through DNA.

Could it be that investigators are focused on a person of interest who has refused to provide DNA?  Could it be that dots are being connected behind the scenes?

Janet

+++++

Police 'Certain' Jessica Ridgeway Case Linked to Attempted Jogger Abduction
Oct. 23, 2012

Authorities hunting for the person who killed and dismembered 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway said today there is a "definitive link" between her case and the attempted abduction of a jogger in the same area earlier this year.

Police also warned that the killer is "still in the community."

"We are able to make a definitive link," Westminster Police Department spokesman Trevor Materasso told ABCNews.com. "We're certain that there's a connection between the two cases and that's how we're moving forward with the investigation."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-jessica-ridgeway-case-linked-attempted-jogger-abduction/story?id=17545672

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »

Little Jessica went missing in a 3-4 minute 1000' trek to Jeremy's home.  What happened?

Janet

++++

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
By Eric Gorski and Jeremy P. Meyer
Updated:   10/21/2012 08:55:47 AM MDT

She walked out the door, and she was gone.

The 10-year-old girl with the gap in her front teeth, who liked to play cheerleader and waitress, giggled a lot, loved the color purple and couldn't wait to be a teenager, was on her way to school, alone.

She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five.

But Jessica Ridgeway, bundled against the cold in a black puffy jacket, never arrived.

<snipped>

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door.

I shut the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.

The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park — a pocket park with playground equipment.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Reached last week by The Denver Post, the father declined an interview request.

<snipped>

http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »

Probably wrong as usual but I am still a wee bit hinky of her friends father who knew Jessica was definately going to school and going to be riding with them! That's just too darned odd. I said before that I would not carry on with my day without finding out exactly why she didn't show up for her ride.

I agree melisb.  I cannot comprehend why the father would take off with his son at 8:40 AM prior to ... out of concern ... calling Sarah.  He had just been speaking to Jessica 15 minutes earlier.

In the process of elimination ... I would assume that the father was investigated by LE and ruled out as a person of interest.  Polygraph?  Vehicle search?  House search?

Maybe ten year old Jessica arrived after father and son left and ... something terrible happened as the little girl continued the over mile long trek to school on her own.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

Westminster Police Announce Arrest Of Jessica Ridgeway Suspect
Posted: 10/24/2012 1:42 pm EDT

Westminster Police made an arrest in connection with the Jessica Ridgeway case Wednesday morning.

Police said in a statement:

Late Tuesday evening, police received a call that led them to a home near the Ketner Lake Open Space. With this discovery, police (announced) they made an arrest in the Ridgeway murder investigation. Additionally, authorities will file charges against the attacker in the May 28, 2012 attempted abduction at Ketner Lake.

A press conference will be held at noon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/westminster-police-announ_n_2010502.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »

Wednesday, October 24,2012

Westminster Police announce arrest in Jessica Ridgeway caseWestminster Police Department has announced an arrest in the Oct. 5 abduction and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

Police confirmed that their suspect lives near the girl's home.

Read the press release below:

Arrest Made in Ridgeway Case - Press Conference at Noon
(Oct 24, 2012)

JOINT PRESS RELEASE: WESTMINSTER POLICE DEPARTMENT, JEFFERSON COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY & FBI

Law enforcement received the major break in the Jessica Ridgway investigation they have been hoping for. Late Tuesday evening police received a call that led them to a home near the Ketner Lake Open Space. With this discovery, police are able to announce we have made an arrest in the Ridgeway murder investigation. Additionally, authorities will file charges against the attacker in the May 28, 2012, attempted abduction at Ketner Lake. 

Police will release additional information about the arrest at a press conference in front of the Westminster Police Department at 12:00 pm, today. (9110 Yates Street, Westminster, CO 80031).

Speakers:

•Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk
•FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Mike Rankin
•Jefferson County District Attorney Scott Storey

At the press conference, media will be provided with a copy of the arrest and booking custody along with a photograph of the suspect.  A digital copy of both will be forwarded by email once the press conference has concluded.

Police believe the public may view the suspect’s photograph and have additional information to provide to the investigation.  The release of the photograph may also help authorities determine if this individual is responsible for any other crime/s, either reported or unreported.  The police tip line is still operating: 303-658-4336 or email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us     

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-10048-westminster-police-a.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

Police: Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder is 17 year old boy
10/24/2012 11:57:04 AM MDTThe Denver

Austin Reed Sigg (Westminster Police Dept.)

Westminster police have arrested a 17 year old boy for investigation of the murder of Jessica Ridgeway.

Austin Reed Sigg was arrested late Tuesday night after police received a tip that led them to a home near Ketner Lake Open Space, according to a news release from the Westminster Police Department.

Authorities also said that charges will be filed against Sigg for the May 28 attempted abduction of an adult jogger near Ketner Lake, which authorities confirmed earlier this week was connected to Jessica's kidnapping and murder.

Sigg will be charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and a second-degree kidnapping charge, among others.

According to police documents, Sigg is a student Arapahoe Community College.

On March 23, Sigg won second place in the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Health Occupation Students of America State Leadership Conference competition.
Police will release additional information at a news conference at 12:05 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21844711/arrest-made-jessica-ridgeway-case
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: October 24, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »

Equity4All
Arrested: 17 year old Austin Reed Sigg (DOB Jan. 1995) -- he lived 1.2 miles from Jessica Ridgeway; he listed his occupation as a student at Arapahoe Community College; linked via DNA to an attempted abduction in May of an adult jogger at Ketner Lake Open Space, which is also close to his home.
#11 - Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:53 PM EDT

From comments, here:-

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/24/14672250-arrest-made-in-killing-of-jessica-ridgeway-10-year-old-colorado-girl#comments
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: October 24, 2012, 02:13:46 PM »

Live link to presser
http://www.abc15.com/generic/news/live-video
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »

Kristen Wyatt ‏@APkristenwyatt
Mother of Jessica Ridgeway suspect tells @AP she turned him in. Story coming up.

https://twitter.com/APkristenwyatt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.