April 18, 2024, 01:40:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 871002 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #920 on: October 24, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »

http://twitter.com/9news

Matt Flener‏@mattflener
Here are some of the quotes re: bullying of Austin Sigg incl. from two girls that bullied him #jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/DBHmhRQk

---------------

Link to twitter "bully" comments: http://twitter.com/mattflener/status/261256411755982850/photo/1

Sry, but that chit just doesn't fly with me.  He may have been bullied.  But he is still responsible for his own actions.  There is no excuse for what he did.  None.

ITA!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »

Matt Flener‏@mattflener
Here are some of the quotes re: bullying of Austin Sigg incl. from two girls that bullied him #jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/DBHmhRQk

---------------

Link to twitter "bully" comments: http://twitter.com/mattflener/status/261256411755982850/photo/1

Sry, but that chit just doesn't fly with me.  He may have been bullied.  But he is still responsible for his own actions.  There is no excuse for what he did.  None.

ITA!   

I agree as well...however, I hope those girls and whoever else bullies people...stop and take a look at the ultimate result.  Not everyone responds the same to being bullied.  I do think even without the bullying...he would have done something like this.  He allowed these thoughts to enter his head...ruminated on it...and acted on it.  All him...no one else.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »

NOW -- News live from http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »

Former FBI profiler--Clint van Zandt(sp?)

He wanted to dominate a female; not successful
Choose someone (smaller) he can control
Was living out his studies in real life
He understood what he was going to do
He was in early stages, starts in an area he is comfortable

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: October 24, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »

http://www.9news.com/rss/article/295988/339/Ex-girlfriend-says-Siggs-was-sweet-kind-guy?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ridgeway suspect's ex-girlfriend says he was 'sweet' and 'kind
 9:30 PM, Oct 24, 2012

WESTMINSTER - As we continue to learn more about Jessica Ridgeway's accused killer Austin Sigg, we are learning there are two sides to the 17-year-old.

The accused child killer has been described by some friends as "a good guy."

9Wants to Know spoke exclusively with Sigg's ex-girlfriend, Danni, who is having a hard time coming to grips with what he is accused of.

At her mother's request, 9Wants to Know agreed to hide Danni's face and change her name, for her protection.

"The Austin I knew would never have done anything like that," Danni said. "He was my first boyfriend. He was my first kiss. He was my first date."

Danni says she dated Sigg twice, first when he was an 8th grader at Wayne Carl Middle School and again when he was a freshman at Standley Lake High School.

"He was so sweet and so kind. I know that heart is still in him. But sometimes things happen that change people," Danni said.

She says they first met at Warehouse: 180 in Arvada, which is a gathering place for Christian teens.

It may help explain the small wooden cross Westminster police call a vital clue.

"We went to church together. It wouldn't surprise me if he wore a cross. He always wore a necklace similar to the one in his mug shot," Danni said.

Danni says they never went to the same school and drifted apart two years ago, after they broke up.

She can't remember any warning signs, but says Sigg did have a collection of weapons.

"I knew he had a sword collection in his room or a knife collection or whatever. But it was his man cave. A lot of people collect stuff," Danni said.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: October 25, 2012, 12:12:40 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/old-video-clip-could-reveal-may-show-cross-police-connected-to-ridgeway-case/

Old video clip could reveal may show ‘cross’ police connected to Ridgeway case
Posted on: 9:40 pm, October 24, 2012, by David Mitchell, updated on: 09:42pm, October 24, 2012

One of the key pieces of evidence that police shared in the investigation was a small wooden cross.

Police released pictures to the public on Friday of the cross because they believed it could be connected to the killer of Jessica Ridgeway.

Wednesday, we found a video clip of a boy who resembles Austin Sigg, the suspect in the kidnapping and murder of Jessica. He’s on the left in the video from 2009.

Take a look at it. There is a cross around his neck that could be similar to the one police found.

We have not confirmed that the boy in the video in in fact Austin Sigg. The video clip was found on Robert Sigg’s website. He is Austin’s father.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: October 25, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »

http://**/recommended/ci_21848343

Classmates: Ridgeway suspect fascinated by crime-scene forensics
Posted:   10/24/2012 06:58:23 PM MDT
October 25, 2012 1:32 AM GMTUpdated:   10/24/2012 07:32:10 PM MDT

The teenager police say killed 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was described by one former classmate as nice and helpful, by another as creepy.

But those who know him universally describe Austin Reed Sigg, 17, as very smart, and very interested in the science of crime scene investigation and the mechanics of death.

Jacqueline Miller, who shared a psychology 101 class with Sigg at Arapahoe Community College, remembered that when the semester began in August, the instructor asked students about their majors. Sigg, she recalled, announced that his major was mortuary science.

When Miller presented a paper on anti-social personality disorder, Sigg seemed particularly intrigued that she used serial killer Ted Bundy as a case study. As Miller explained how Bundy had no empathy for his victims, she noticed Sigg chuckling to himself.

"He was so lit up about what I was saying," Miller recalled. "He was asking about it. He was intrigued. It was almost like he was excited about it.

"He said he was intrigued by dead bodies," she added. "There was something creepy about him."

Meaghan Barker didn't see that.

The boy who sat next to her in the forensic science class at Warren Tech North last spring was nice, Barker said. He was helpful and polite, a good student who always helped others with their homework.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #927 on: October 25, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »

http://**/recommended/ci_21848343

Classmates: Ridgeway suspect fascinated by crime-scene forensics
Posted:   10/24/2012 06:58:23 PM MDT
October 25, 2012 1:32 AM GMTUpdated:   10/24/2012 07:32:10 PM MDT

The teenager police say killed 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was described by one former classmate as nice and helpful, by another as creepy.

But those who know him universally describe Austin Reed Sigg, 17, as very smart, and very interested in the science of crime scene investigation and the mechanics of death.

Jacqueline Miller, who shared a psychology 101 class with Sigg at Arapahoe Community College, remembered that when the semester began in August, the instructor asked students about their majors. Sigg, she recalled, announced that his major was mortuary science.

When Miller presented a paper on anti-social personality disorder, Sigg seemed particularly intrigued that she used serial killer Ted Bundy as a case study. As Miller explained how Bundy had no empathy for his victims, she noticed Sigg chuckling to himself.

"He was so lit up about what I was saying," Miller recalled. "He was asking about it. He was intrigued. It was almost like he was excited about it.

"He said he was intrigued by dead bodies," she added. "There was something creepy about him."

Meaghan Barker didn't see that.

The boy who sat next to her in the forensic science class at Warren Tech North last spring was nice, Barker said. He was helpful and polite, a good student who always helped others with their homework.

From the same article...

Wonder if this is how he was storing remains in the crawl space? 

Sigg excelled in the class, even taking second place in Warren Tech's science fair, she said.

The subject of his project: decomposing bodies.

"His project was keeping a body in water versus keeping it in dirt or frozen," Barker said.

She said after Jessica Ridgeway disappeared, Sigg began to miss classes, but eventually returned.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #928 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »

Matt Flener‏@mattflener

---------------

Short stature, high pitched voice... he could have growth hormone deficiencies brought on by a brain tumor which can also cause pallor (he has very pale skin) and depressed or violent tendencies depending on its' placement in the brain and if left untreated.

If this is the case it is unlikely Jessica was sexually molested as GHD also leads to shrunken testes and micropenis with delayed sexual maturation.  Growth abnormalities are usually caught at an early age by parents or doctors.

There is treatment but ideally it's given at an early age and it is expensive.

I sometimes theorise that evil is in some cases a manifestation of a brain abnormality that, when caught at a young age, can be prevented.  If left untreated and combined with environmental dysfunction (bullying, neglect, abuse, hatred, belittled, etc...) the brain patterns and internal processes become a dark and twisted labyrinth.

I am NOT offering any excuses for his behavior and I do not believe he should ever be free however if he's willing to let medical science study his brain and thought processes... 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: October 25, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »

Maybe the same project for the science fair about decomposing bodies.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295910/71/Remains-found-at-suspects-house

Austin Reed Sigg arrested in connection to the Jessica Ridgeway case in Westminster
9:57 PM, Oct 24, 2012

Sigg also took forensic science class last year at WarrenTech. A classmate who took the course with Sigg says they studied DNA and crime scenes.

Meaghan Barker said Sigg did a project exploring how bodies decompose. He used skinned rats and placed them in several different environments, including freezing temperatures, covered in dirt and out in the open.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: October 25, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »

Jessica's remains found in suspects home
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 9:41 PM

WESTMINSTER (9News) - Westminster Police have made an arrest in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

9Wants To Know has confirmed that partial remains were found at the house where the suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway murder was arrested.

http://www.koaa.com/news/jessica-s-remains-found-in-suspects-home/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: October 25, 2012, 01:17:53 AM »

Jessica’s suspected killer attended ACC
Updated: 8:49 pm, Wed Oct 24, 2012.

Detectives and news media descended on Arapahoe Community College in Littleton after Westminster police learned Austin Sigg, suspected in the brutal murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, was a student there. While no official word is forthcoming from the college, students confirm he attended classes there.

“There was nothing strange about him,” said Shaun Martin, who was in Psychology 101 with Sigg. “He seemed like he had it together.”

Martin said the entire psych class of about 30 students was interviewed by Lakewood detectives on Oct. 24, asking who knew him and how well. Some students asked to be interviewed privately, said Martin.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/englewood/news/jessica-s-suspected-killer-attended-acc/article_91db98b8-1e4e-11e2-b44f-0019bb2963f4.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: October 25, 2012, 01:18:32 AM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/ridgeway-murder-suspect-austin-siggs-father-no-stranger-to-police/

Ridgeway murder suspect Austin Sigg’s father no stranger to police
Posted on: 7:34 pm, October 24, 2012

Austin Sigg’s father, 48-year-old Robert Sigg, has a long criminal history dating back decades.

He now lives in a sprawling Parker mansion on a hilltop overlooking the city.

We have learned he is in Mexico on business. He is the owner of Performance One, a  media company in Centennial.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: October 25, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »

Ridgeway Murder Suspect Had A Difficult Past
October 24, 2012 7:39 PM

DENVER (CBS4) – A 4 On Your Side investigation has found that Austin Sigg, the suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway murder, came from a difficult background.

Sigg’s father has been in and out of legal trouble and his mother had financial problems and a history of divorce.

Austin Sigg’s father, Robert J. Sigg, has a history of both civil and criminal problems. Court records show the father was arrested for driving under the influence in Douglas County in 2004, domestic violence in the same county, and DUI arrests in Arapahoe and Jefferson counties. He also had an assault arrest in Jefferson County and a drug dealing arrest in Weld County.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/ridgeway-murder-suspect-had-a-difficult-past/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »

waa waaa! lots of us have difficult child hoods but we don't go on to murder and dismember a 10 yr old child! No excuses for this idiot. He did what he did and now he must pay for what he did..

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: October 25, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »

R.I.P Jessica.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »

The killer must have had a lot of alone time.
Where was his Mother during the period when he dismembered, left the remains near the culvert, left the backpack etc.
Did he use the family vehicle, apart from using it the day Jessica was abducted?
I read he had a scooter.  Wonder if he used that for some of the transporting.
Did Mom work during the day?
What about the brother?  Where was he?  Is he receiving intensive counselling?

Supposedly he confessed to his Mother.  I would like to know if she grew suspicious and questioned him, thereby eliciting a confession.
Did the police canvass his home in the days prior to his arrest? 

It's possible imo that the Mother convinced him it would be better for his own safety that he give himself up. 

Since it appears this will not be a death penalty case, what will become of this offender when he serves his sentence? 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #937 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »

waa waaa! lots of us have difficult child hoods but we don't go on to murder and dismember a 10 yr old child! No excuses for this idiot. He did what he did and now he must pay for what he did..
Totally, totally agree Cookie!

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: October 25, 2012, 09:02:42 AM »

It takes a lot to shock me ... this one did.

I never thought that the killer would be a 17 year old kid. However, what we are seeing is most likely the beginning of a serial killer. Thank God he was caught.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/10/25/17-year-old-austin-sigg-arrested-and-confessed-to-the-murder-of-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway/

This crime is so henious that they just need to stick a needle in his arm and do not pass go. For all those who said, he was sweet, really folks? You might want to rethink your judgement process of others.

Body parts in the crawl space of the home. Good God!!! This smacks of John Wayn Gacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

Sorry, but they can't put this SOB down fast enough.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: October 25, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »

Jessica Ridgeway suspect and his dead eyes stare
October 25, 2012

They say that eyes are the window to the soul, and those girls who knew the Jessica Ridgeway suspect Austin Reed Sigg before his arrest said on Wednesday that his eyes unnerved them and made them fear for their safety.

Christy Mueller was one of those girls CNN reports, and she said that when Sigg stared at her, "It just really freaked me out."

Famous killers with similar dead eye stares include Charles Manson, who remains in prison for his grisly orchestration of the murder of actress Sharon Tate and others years ago, as well as Ted Bundy, who made it his life's mission to murder young girls and women across the country. But neither of those two killers were 17 at the time of their crime, and neither had a mother urging them to talk to police either.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ridgeway-suspect-and-his-dead-eyes-stare
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.