April 28, 2024, 02:25:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 872951 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »

LE has their work cut out for them,just looking at the next town/s from westminster
im thinking and hoping,they have some evidence to lead them to the perp

122 Offenders found in the Westminster Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Adams-County/Westminster.html
4 Offenders found in the Superior Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Boulder-County/Superior.html
139 Offenders found in the Arvada Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Jefferson-County/Arvada.html
25 Offenders found in the Broomfield Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Broomfield-County/Broomfield.html
166 Offenders found in the Thornton Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Adams-County/Thornton.html
42 Offenders found in the Northglenn Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Adams-County/Northglenn.html
28 Offenders found in the Federal Heights Area
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Colorado/Adams-County/Federal-Heights-2.html
info for next city/town from westminster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster,_Colorado#External_links

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2012, 02:07:02 AM »

Somewhere there is a messy crime scene and vehicle. 

And I can't help but wonder if there are still 'identifying' remains to be found.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »

You're welcome, seahorse.

My school requires two tel nos--parent and a back-up number of family/relative/friend for emergency.  However, families do not always update this information.  It's very frustrating for the school.

Who would sign for the child if the parent or guardians, are not reachable?  If a child in school needed emergency treatment for an injury, who would give approval, the Principal?
TIA

This just stinks to high Heaven.  Jessica's, mom, got the message at 4:00 pm? That was eight hours, after the dirt bag, culprit, snagged the poor kid.  Jessica, must have wondered if anyone knew that she was missing.  This stinks, stinks, just stinks!!

::justice2NJ::

I would guess that if it's an emergency an ambulance would be called and medical treatment would be given by the medics--and continued at the hospital, if needed.

You are correct Graceland. The procedure is to treat in an emergency - even at the hospital when the parents can not be reached they will treat first and get permission later.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »

RIP Jessica.. Praying for swift justice..
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »

My school requires two tel nos--parent and a back-up number of family/relative/friend for emergency.  However, families do not always update this information.  It's very frustrating for the school.

Who would sign for the child if the parent or guardians, are not reachable?  If a child in school needed emergency treatment for an injury, who would give approval, the Principal?
TIA

This just stinks to high Heaven.  Jessica's, mom, got the message at 4:00 pm? That was eight hours, after the dirt bag, culprit, snagged the poor kid.  Jessica, must have wondered if anyone knew that she was missing.  This stinks, stinks, just stinks!!

I would guess that if it's an emergency an ambulance would be called and medical treatment would be given by the medics--and continued at the hospital, if needed.

You are correct Graceland. The procedure is to treat in an emergency - even at the hospital when the parents can not be reached they will treat first and get permission later.

Thank-you, Grace-land and Boyzmom, sounds like common sense.

You would think it would be an emergency too when a child is not in grade school!

It bothers me,when eight house later a parent finds out the child did not reach school.

I realize, I am rehashing,  I am so sad that the madman (or woman) had an
Eight hour, window of opportunity.  All the inventions and gizmos, do not do any good, if people do not give a rats hind end about if a ten year old is missing.  I think of Kyron, too.

The school called to report Jessica absent, but Sarah Ridgeway told police she was asleep during the day because she works overnights and did not get the call until eight hours later, when she called police.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/jessica-ridgeway-body-officially-identified/

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »

Justice for Jessica!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

Jessica Ridgeway’s Father Says FBI Asked Him If Mom ‘Did It’
October 9, 2012 6:20 PM

RELATED: New Ridgeway Video Released, Mother & Father Speak Out
(fourth paragraph)
 ::snipping2::

According to Richmond County Court in Independence, there was a civil action filed on behalf of Sarah and Jessica Ridgeway for “non-support” against Jeremiah Bryant this October. The action was filed in Colorado and probably sealed.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/jessica-ridgeways-father-says-fbi-asked-him-if-mom-did-it/

My Hinky-meter is screaming!

Someone was pretty confident that Mom did not answer her phone when she slept. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »

Hi seahorse

I could be wrong but ... I am inclined believe Sarah Ridgeway.  The disembering of the little body tells me that Jessica did not meet her demise at the hands of an overwhelmed single mother who may have lost it in a moment of rage.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #408 on: October 13, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

RIP sweet angel, Jessica.   an angelic monkey

I hope this POS is caught sooner rather than later.  I cannot imagine the pain this family is experiencing. 

Same here, New Monkey. Such a tragedy.

Love this, it's beautiful Brandi!  Thank you!   

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »

It's really unfortunate the perp got such a head start.  We'll never know if it would've made a difference if the school had reached the mother.  It's also unfortunate the mother didn't have a back up plan for what to do if she was unreachable (or maybe she did and the school faltered?).  I don't think the school can be responsible for not reaching a parent.  Chances are kids miss every single day because of appointments, sickness, etc.  My daughter is 11 and her school requests parents submit a form electronically or call if a child is not going to attend school.  I am successful 99% in doing this, but if we've had a long night with a tummy bug I have been known to forget.  I also have my phone with me at all times during the school day in the event my daughter were to get hurt or sick.  Even while working out or at doc appointments or what have you, I always have that with me.  You just never know what emergency can arise during the school day.  And I have backup numbers for the school to call as well. . . my husband, my father, my friends.  I'm assuming because it was an absenteeism vs. a sick child there wasn't an urgency to find someone.  Again, this is likely because it happens so frequently that children are absent without notification.

Of course I'm not trying to blame the mother or the school.  Chances are the system could have worked perfectly and little Jessica would still have been murdered.  It's beyond frightening that we cannot allow our children to walk three blocks without worrying about them being snatched.  You just never know when a predator is lurking.   
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

Does this little girl stay at home by herself while her mother works the night shift.

My thought process exactly!!

Janet

From the first page in the thread (I remembered this was asked before)

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21714407/overnight-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

300 volunteers join search for 10-year-old Westminster girl
Posted:   10/06/2012 08:36:11 AM MDT
October 6, 2012 6:21 PM GMTUpdated:   10/06/2012 12:21:58 PM

Jessica is a good child and a good student, she said. Officials contacted every child in her class and all friends to see if she may have gone to one of their homes, but there was no sign of her.

She lives with her mother, grandmother and aunt.

I am a little confused here, more like a bit of a WTF moment. So no one knew that the child was missing for 8 hours because the mom was sleeping from working the night shift, yet the child lives with the Aunt and Grandmother. Where were they? When would the call have been made that she was not in school? Mom sent her off at 8:30 am according to reports.

Is there no secondary number to call?

Obviously the predator stalked Jessica's movements and saw she had the same routine every day and part of it included walking by herself. I am wondering if this just started this year of school or if she did this same routine last year? Who would have become a recent sex offender to the area, or surrounding areas?

Just a shame ... but from the heinous severity of the murder to cover up the crime, one has to believe that DNA evidence had to have been left behind.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »

http://**/recommended/ci_21547486

I thought that's what you meant, but I made the note to be sure.  My concern was manipulating around the filtered link to allow the image to be posted.  That is a no-no.  MB  

I'm still learning Muffy.  Thanks for watching out.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-jessica-ridgeway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

Jessica Ridgeway search shifts to Superior after water bottle found with her name on it
Search dogs moved into Rock Creek subdivision

Posted: 10/07/2012
Last Updated: 3 minutes ago

By: Thomas Hendrick
    By: Wayne Harrison

WESTMINSTER, Colo. - The search for a missing 10-year-old Westminster girl shifts to Superior after a water bottle was found with her name on it.

A Superior resident sent an e-mail to the town of Superior with the subject line of  "backpack found" that said: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. Come and get it."  The resident apparently didn't connect the name to the missing girl.

The area where the discovery was made is about 4 miles from where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared.

I may have missed it but ... the Missing Person the Amber Alert posters do not mention what Jessica was wearing and nothing about a backpack.  Why?

Janet

_____

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

TIA

Thank-you, Grace-land and Boyzmom, sounds like common sense.

You would think it would be an emergency too when a child is not in grade school!

It bothers me,when eight house later a parent finds out the child did not reach school.

I realize, I am rehashing,  I am so sad that the madman (or woman) had an
Eight hour, window of opportunity.  All the inventions and gizmos, do not do any good, if people do not give a rats hind end about if a ten year old is missing.  I think of Kyron, too.

The school called to report Jessica absent, but Sarah Ridgeway told police she was asleep during the day because she works overnights and did not get the call until eight hours later, when she called police.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/jessica-ridgeway-body-officially-identified/

Don't know about this school, but many have gone  to a computerized calling system when students are not at school.  The computer only has one number listed and that number is usually determined by the parent.  These are considered "non-emergency" calls because as  most know, a parent is not always perfect about calling to let the school know if their student will be absent.  In case of a real emergency with the child, the school will actually look at the emergency card and use that to try to find anyone they can to whom to report the situation.  I have seen situations were an older siblings emergency card was outdated and none of the numbers worked, in that case we pulled cards from younger and older siblings until we found a number that worked.  Also, in case of emergency, courts have established the concept of "loco parentis" which would allow school authorities to authorize medical treatment if parents can not be reached.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway/posts/401520789919907

Missing Jessica Ridgeway from Westminster, CO

I entered a gas station last night and saw a flyer with her beautiful face.
The attendant took another poster down leaving just tape marks in its place.
We chatted for a few minutes, fighting back our inevitable tears.
Our souls connected by the bleeding news of our darkest fears.
Talking with him made me realize the hole left in the community,
And the helpless feeling of heartbreaking loss making us one unity.

I stared up at the endless sky that danced with twinkling lights
Which hung over a world so desperate and so embedded with fright.
When a shooting star painted its brief existence in the air,
One wish came to mind, one hope, one imploring prayer.
Help this family that has suffered immensely to remember her smile,
Help them find peace, love, and encouragement once in a while.

We don’t know you; we don’t know your family or friends,
But our hearts break with yours as we held out for hope til the end.
The crushing despair and hopelessness has poisoned the world,
But together we’ll withstand the evil one man has unfurled.
The raw ache of this unimaginable hatred burning ever so deep,
We’re unable to shake these dark shadows cast so for now we silently weep.

By: Kimberly Wybenga
Like ·  · Share · 15510 · 8 minutes ago ·

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »

Something about this triangleation bothers me and I don't know what it is

Kermit, I was looking at a similar map yesterday, and something kept bringing me back to it. I really think this guy is right in Jessica's neighborhood.

I agree darla.

As I was looking around the area my head didn't want to think that.........but my gut feels there is something inside that area.

This predator left everything out in the open. He wants to be caught.
That is part of the psychosis if you will about these types. They go into a sort of other world when they act out. so this may be a guy who looks perfectly normal who has a good job and you would never suspect him. I think that is what threw me when looking at the homes in the area - they are quite nice in this neighborhood. Or it's a known pedophile who is living in that area with someone.

I just pray he made a mistake that police catch. He needs to be taken off the streets and fast.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »

Does this little girl stay at home by herself while her mother works the night shift.

My thought process exactly!!

Janet

From the first page in the thread (I remembered this was asked before)

http://**/breakingnews/ci_21714407/overnight-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

300 volunteers join search for 10-year-old Westminster girl
Posted:   10/06/2012 08:36:11 AM MDT
October 6, 2012 6:21 PM GMTUpdated:   10/06/2012 12:21:58 PM

Jessica is a good child and a good student, she said. Officials contacted every child in her class and all friends to see if she may have gone to one of their homes, but there was no sign of her.

She lives with her mother, grandmother and aunt.

I am a little confused here, more like a bit of a WTF moment. So no one knew that the child was missing for 8 hours because the mom was sleeping from working the night shift, yet the child lives with the Aunt and Grandmother. Where were they? When would the call have been made that she was not in school? Mom sent her off at 8:30 am according to reports.

Is there no secondary number to call?

Obviously the predator stalked Jessica's movements and saw she had the same routine every day and part of it included walking by herself. I am wondering if this just started this year of school or if she did this same routine last year? Who would have become a recent sex offender to the area, or surrounding areas?

Just a shame ... but from the heinous severity of the murder to cover up the crime, one has to believe that DNA evidence had to have been left behind.

I hope so, and that it will eventually seal the fate of the monster that did this.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ridgeway-case-to-be-solved-by-50-fbi-agents-or-1-westminster-housewife

Jessica Ridgeway case to be solved by 50 FBI agents or 1 Westminster housewife?

JESSICA RIDGEWAYOCTOBER 13, 2012BY: RADELL SMITH

The FBI has 50 agents working the Jessica Ridgeway case according to KSDK on Friday, but that might not be how the murder case of the 10-year-old missing Colorado girls gets solved after her body was positively identified through DNA by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation this week.

In a similar type crime down South, it wasn’t the extensive manpower that solved the case of Jorelys Rivera, another little girl who went missing from her home. Instead, it was a housewife in the neighborhood who was observant, brave and willing to point the finger at the man she thought could be capable of such a dastardly deed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ridgeway-person-of-interest-tip-leads-to-registered-sex-offender

Jessica Ridgeway 'Person of Interest' tip leads to registered sex offender

JESSICA RIDGEWAY LATEST NEWSOCTOBER 13, 2012BY: RADELL SMITH

One month (week) to the day on Friday the body of young Jessica Ridgeway was positively identified by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and reported to the media that afternoon. Hours later police descended upon a Denver home in search of a "person of interest" in the case.

KDVR FOX31 Denver reported that law enforcement and U.S. Marshals followed a tip to a known sex offender's residence after a tip lead them to the home.

The law enforcement agency had two goals for the 9:30 p.m. visit: obtain a DNA sample and discuss pending warrants on the suspect for unrelated charges than the Jessica Ridgeway murder.

The suspect, along with his mother, were at the home at the time, with the woman offering up to reporters the only information forthcoming during the Friday night impromptu visit. She says the suspect questioned was her son and that he was cleared during the 30-minute visit.

It is easy to see why police felt the need to follow-up the tip for three reasons:

Any known sex offender is going to be a possible suspect in a missing child case when parents have been ruled out as suspects, and

The suspect created a red flag for someone, whether it was law enforcement due to the pending warrants--or the public, who noticed some suspicious behavior or activity that prompted their tip.

Or the body dump site in Arvada lies halfway between the abduction site and the questioned sex offender's mother's residence. And that's definitely something that would show up as a red flag on a geographical profile.

The next course of action in the case according to KSDK on Saturday morning was expressed by Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk and that is to get "justice for Jessica."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/12/police-locate-remains-of-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway/

ED ANDRIESKI / AP
Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk leads the way to a news conference on Friday, Oct. 12, 2012, where he announced that the body found in Arvada, Colo., on Wednesday was that of ten-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/12/police-locate-remains-of-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway/#ixzz29CgkTcWL

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »

Something about this triangleation bothers me and I don't know what it is

I made a different triangle on the map then realized I don't know how to get it here, so I will just describe it.  Make a line starting where her body was found and extend it past her home to 144th St.  Second line from the same place thru where her backpack was found up to 144th St.  The backpack was left northwest of her house, her body southwest.  Would that mean the most likely place to find the killer would be in the opposite direction, in the area outside of the triangles, the area that begins right in her backyard?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.