April 30, 2024, 01:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Intl. aid is damaging and very dangerous. "  (Read 1301 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 10, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »

"Sweet Poison" is a German documentary that looks at three development aid projects in Africa that went badly wrong. The film's director proposes a drastic remedy.

...Sweet Poison (original title: Süsses Gift) takes aim at western government-funded development aid. It doesn't do this in a sweeping, frontal attack on the abuses or excesses of development aid but rather by letting people in developing countries tell their own stories.

I believe there are 5 treaties waiting for Obama and the Senate to approve that would tax American on just about every activity they do.  From memory, it's 'just' one percent.  One percent on every financial transaction you make - gas, groceries, direct deposit, cash a check...it never ends. 

Social Security, from memory, started as a one percent tax on the first $300 in annual earnings.  What is it today?  15%?  Never ends?  System bankrupt?

How long before one percent isn't enough?  All those other taxes and restrictions aren't enough for the greedy global UN?

Where does the money go?  Poor countries.  Sounds like a good plan?  Right.  Read on.

Why have an estimated $600 billion (463 billion euros) not produced visible progress in Africa's development? African development aid workers, intellectuals, political activists and entrepreneurs all try to answer this in the film. "Development aid spreads a sort of lethargy," says one African journalist. International aid is damaging and very dangerous. It ruins motivation. Foreign aid does not encourage you to help yourself. As one African cotton exporter said "50 years after independence, the time has come for African states to shoulder responsibility themselves rather waiting for outside help."

read more here - http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,16291767,00.html

In the US there is a constant call to 'send more money' to poor people who exist among the global 15% and may have more flat screen TVs than working folks.  Send more money to hungry children.  Why isn't anyone finding out why the children are hungry?  Maybe their parents sell the EBT?  Food Stamps?  Do drugs and fail to care for the children?

If not failed projects, where does the aid $$$ go?  Failed leaders?  Corrupt governments?  Poor people?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »

"« Obama’s Global Tax Plans – Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!Ben_Test »Obama’s Second Term Plan: Let The U.N. Tax Americans"

It should come as no surprise that President Obama will raise taxes if he is re-elected. But here’s the shocker: He will invite the United Nations to tax Americans directly. And the proceeds would go directly to the Third World. In this way, Barack Hussein Obama will, indeed, realize the dreams of his father.

...UN Global Governance and the Loss of Freedom, Eileen and I describe how there is now pending in the U.N. all kinds of plans to tax Americans and redistribute their wealth – not to other Americans – but to other countries. These taxes will not be like our U.N. dues paid by a vote of our Congress. Nor akin to foreign aid which we choose to give. They would be mandatory levies imposed by treaty on American citizens. And, since they would be enumerated in a Treaty — not an act of Congress — only the president and the Democratic Senate need be on board. The Republican House has no role in the Treaty-making process.

Here is what we say in Black Helicopters that Obama, Hillary, and the UN are planning for us:

• A “Robin Hood” tax on financial transactions. Every time you buy or sell a stock or a bond or exchange money while traveling, you’d be hit with a financial transactions tax (a percentage of your transaction) that would go to the UN.

• A global tobacco tax with the funds to flow to the World Health Organization (WHO).

• A UN-imposed tax on billionaires all over the world. And don’t delude yourself for a moment that it is only the 1600 current billionaires who will be hit. Once the precedent of a UN tax on US citizens is approved, it will gradually grow downwards to cover more and more Americans. Again the funds will go to the UN.

read more here - http://www.dickmorris.com/obamas-second-term-plan-let-the-u-n-tax-americans/

No more taxes!!!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »

The fat cats of foreign aid: Ministers 'to target consultants paid £500m by the taxpayer'

Probe launched by International Development Secretary Justine Greening

'Poverty barons' making millions in consultancy fees from the aid budget

Nearly £500m paid last year to firms working on Third World programmes

PM pledge to increase aid budget to 0.7% of national income of GDP by 2014

TaxPayers' Alliance: 'Looks like a very bad deal for the taxpayer'

Tory right-wingers say money should be spent to help the needy at home

One firm profiting is London-based consultancy Adam Smith International

from the comments -

"Quote: Indian finance minister Pranab Mukherjee described Britain's £280million a year as 'a peanut in our total development exercises' In that case he won't miss it if we stop then will he! I wonder how many cancer treatments could go ahead in the UK if this money was diverted or how many hospital wards could remain open. I would like to know that if our 'peanut' is so small and un-important to Mr. Mukherjee then why does he keep accepting it? I'll tell you. Our 'peanut' does not have to be paid back does it Mr Mukherjee. It is also a safe bet that if the UK ever stopped paying this there would be an outcry in India and the loudest crying would probably come from Mr Mukherjee."

"Just shows where the money really goes, and how stupid it is to spend more"

"Investigating their own corruption? the government and all these agencies are all in bed together and all stealing billions, when will the idiot british public wake up? YOU"RE BEING FLEECED, DO SOMETHING!"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204239/The-fat-cats-foreign-aid-Ministers-target-consultants-paid-500m-taxpayer.html#ixzz28uxQAPk5

I agree with the comments.  Who will miss the money?  Money that never seems to make it to the needy?  Just send more money? 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.