April 25, 2024, 09:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Husband gets 20-year in jail for selling wife to brothel  (Read 1127 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »

HETAUDA: The Makawanpur District Court has slapped a 20-year jail sentence along with a fine up to Rs 200,000 on Sita Ram Thing of Manahari VDC-3 in the district for selling his expecting wife to a brothel in Mumbai, India.

District judge Narayan Kunwar issued the verdict on Tuesday.

Similarly, the court has slapped 20-year in jail and Rs 200,000 in fine each to Shyam Bahadur Moktan and Shashi Kumar Titung Lama of Padampokhari VDC of the district for inciting Thing to sell the woman in the brothel.

Thing had sold his wife on September 6, 1989 at 50,000 Indian currencies. The HIV-infected woman had filed the case at the district court after returning home some 13 years later.

source - http://thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=Husband+gets+20-year+in+jail+for+selling+wife+to+brothel+&NewsID=350449

How horrible, sold and spending 13 years in a brothel.  I wonder what happened to the child?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.