May 28, 2024, 09:58:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Debates - Biden v. Ryan  (Read 1239 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »

...we're going to fundamentally change the focus of the economic policy.

We're going to focus on the middle class, because it's -- when the middle class is growing, the economy grows and everybody does well, not just focus on the wealthy and corporate America.

'The middle class has been buried'

...We have a different value set. The middle class is the economic engine. It's fair. They deserve the tax breaks, not the super wealthy who are doing pretty well. They don't need any more tax breaks. And by the way, they'll pay no more than they did under Ronald Reagan.

Why aren't the wealthy already paying the Reagan tax rates?  'The middle class has been buried'

I would carry out Barack Obama's policy, his policies of reinstating the middle class, making sure they get a fair break, making sure they have access to affordable health insurance, making sure they get serious tax breaks, making sure we can help their children get to college, making sure there is an energy policy that leads us in the direction of not only toward independence and clean environment but an energy policy that creates 5 million new jobs, a foreign policy that ends this war in Iraq, a foreign policy that goes after the one mission the American public gave the president after 9/11, to get and capture or kill bin Laden and to eliminate al Qaeda. A policy that would in fact engage our allies in making sure that we knew we were acting on the same page and not dictating.

What about folks that can't afford to fill their gas tanks, heat and cool their homes?  Where are the 5 million jobs?  Good paying full time jobs?  Sesame Streets stimulus funds?

I think so much of what he said sounded like the words of his debate with Palin. 

How's that hope and change coming?

How's that support of the middle class?

It seems like the rich got richer - Obamaphones, stimulus, big banks got bigger, global corporation got bigger and richer, and today, more folks are on welfare and unemplyed.  Is that the kind of hope and changed that was promised four years ago?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »

BIDEN: Look, I was there when we did that with Social Security in 1983. I was one of eight people sitting in the room that included Tip O’Neill negotiating with President Reagan. We all got together and everybody said, as long as everybody’s in the deal, everybody’s in the deal, and everybody is making some sacrifice, we can find a way.

We made the system solvent to 2033. ... That’s why they go the voucher. They — we will be no part of a voucher program or the privatization of Social Security.

2033 IS HERE!  WHAT YEAR IS IT?  2012 OR 2033.  SOCIAL SECURITY IS BROKE.  BUSTED.  KAPUT!

read more here - http://**/politics-national/2012/10/live-2012-vice-presidential-debate-transcript/

I had to look this up.  I couldn't trust that I heard it right last night. 

Someone described it as your old uncle that talks and talks on the holiday and never shuts up.

To me it reminds me of my youth.  When talk would turn to cars, what is the best first car for a young person with limited funds?  Back in the day we dreamed of Mustangs, Corvettes, Monte Carlos, Charger...

What was the reality?  Dodge Dart, station wagon, rust bucket...for the middle class...

If you talked about this around the table with many generations, the old uncle, in an authoritative way would talk about cars nobody heard of...cars from the 30's and 40's.  Roll eyes.

Was this 'we fixed Social Security so it would be solvent until 2033' some kind of gaffe?  A liberal dog whistle for folks that may not be aware that time has passed?  The kind of folks who bought their 'last car until I die' twenty years ago?

Social Security is busted.  The nation is bankrupt.

We'd have to pay back $16 Trillion ( $16,000,000,000,000.00) just to get to broke. 

Everyone get's old.  Do I keep up with the latest model of car?  No.  Any idea what young people want to drive?  No, but likely it is foreign like Toyota, Honda, Mustang, Charger...

Rice burner?  I thought that was a cute way to describe a Japanese car.  I didn't know until I used it that it was derogatory...

Today we burn corn in our tanks...

Social Security got fixed by Joe many years ago.  Today it needs to be repaired.  I've seen this in a lot of auto shops-

"You can pay someone to fix your car and save money. 
When it's still broke, you bring it to a mechanic to repair it."

America needs a good mechanic.  Time is running out.

How's that middle class?  Healthy? 

Getting wealthy like a Chinese millionaire?  I don't think so.

Who is Tip O'Neill?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

Foreclosures - What of bankruptcies?

Hmmm...bankruptcies for green energy grant recipients.  Plan the bankruptcy ahead.  Plan for massive tax breaks for shell companies that 'survive' - screw the taxpayers, screw the American people.  It always seems to be about big global corporations.

Obama gives away billions to big companies and global corporations.  Gives away billions to foreign nations and businesses for oil drilling, green battery development, failed green cars...

What does that do to the folks left behind?  The hard working middle class that doesn't have guaranteed cost of living adjustments?  The middle class slowly slips into working poverty.

Other segments get automatic increases - government workers, politicians, welfare recipients...

Global corporations get automatic increases too.  Global corporations can afford K-Street lobbyists.  Can Main Street afford a K-Street lobbyist?  Can a small business afford all the regulations coming out of Washington?  I believe Obama has set a record for new regulations and killing jobs.

How do everyday people prosper in the bubble economy?  Big global corporation makes lots of money and leave everyday people stuck with the bill.  Big global corporations make the rules and they seem to favor...big global corporations.  Big global corporations move jobs to China and India where wages are low and government regulations do not exist.  How does Main Street compete?

It's the new normal folks.  Geithner/Bernanke - lost decades.  No jobs for Americans.  Oil and gas shortages. 

When does Main Street get a break?  Why isn't this the millennium of everyday people?  Why is it always about big global banks, corporations, and empires?

"Their ideas are old, their ideas are bad..." - Joe Biden

just my humble opinions

(everybody else please jump in)

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.