April 23, 2024, 05:06:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devon Morrison, 10 missing 9/14/2013 Belding Michigan  (Read 24925 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »

Very sad 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »

Hmmm..."At this time, there are no suspects."  Could it change after all reports are completed in a month?  The police would not comment about the latest development, and Chief Nelson "would not definitely say the death is accidental."

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/article/20130916/NEWS/130919583/-1/news?refresh=true

Body of 10-year-old Belding boy found in Flat River
Posted Sep. 16, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

"This morning we put dive teams in from the Ionia County Search and Rescue team and they were joined by Kent and Montcalm County rescue teams," Nelson said.

According to Nelson, the teams were assigned to search the river in order to conclusively determine whether he was in the Flat River.

On Sunday, a pair of shoes were found in the river that the family thought may have belonged to Devon.

"At 12:52 p.m., Devon's body was found near Ashfield Bridge. He was removed and transported to Blodgett Hospital in Grand Rapids where an autopsy will be performed," said Nelson.

According to Nelson, it will take at least one month for all reports to be completed.

At this time, there are no suspects

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »

So sad! And after the fact, but am I overprotective or do people really allow 10 yr old kids to go fishing at a river alone and without a life jacket? Sorry, but that is the first thing that came to my mind. This could have been a preventable death if drowning is the cause of death., too late now for this little kid, but maybe other parents will be a bit more cautious....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 03:46:48 AM »

Great post cookie 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 06:56:01 AM »

I have to say that I often went fishing without a life vest - at 10. We owned a pond (former gravel pit) and went back fishing every day. I do not fault the parents for that. That he was ADHD may change that opinion though. I just feel bad for the mom and dad. I still get hinkey vibes from the stepdad/BF but perhaps it is just the cynic in me . . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/17/preliminary-findings-show-accidental-drowning-in-the-death-of-devon-morrison/#axzz2fBG8o4I2

Preliminary Findings Show Accidental Drowning in The Death of Devon Morrison
3 hours ago   

BELDING,Mich. —  An autopsy was performed on Devon Morrison Tuesday September 17 at Blodgett Hospital. Preliminary finding from the examination shows the death as accidental drowning. Final results will be released when they  become available.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 04:31:53 PM »

Police search Devon's home, remove bags
Monday, September 16, 2013

<snipped>

Brent Slater works near the Flat River where Devon often goes fishing. Slater told 24 Hour News 8 he saw Devon struggling in the river two months ago and saved him.

"He was yelling for help, his shoe got stuck and I pulled him out," said Slate

<snipped>

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ionia-county/sunday-spent-looking-for-devon-morrison

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 01:14:11 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/17/funeral-plans-set-for-devon-morrison/#axzz2fGEchZAy

Funeral Plans Set for Devon Morrison
16 hours ago

BELDING, Mich. — Funeral arrangements for Devon Morrison, 10, have been set.

Monday, Morrison’s body was found in the Flat River. He’d been missing since Saturday. His mother said he went fishing earlier in the day. Police said preliminary results from an autopsy indicate that Morrison accidentally drowned.

The viewing for Morrison is scheduled for this Thursday, September 19th from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
It will be held at the Houghton Lake Christler Funeral Home.

Morrison’s funeral will be held Friday, September 20th at 11 a.m. at the same location.

The family established the Devon Morrison Memorial Fund. Donations can be made at any Independent Bank in Michigan. This will help the family pay for funeral and burial expenses.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 07:13:17 AM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/17/funeral-plans-set-for-devon-morrison/#axzz2fGEchZAy

Funeral Plans Set for Devon Morrison
16 hours ago

BELDING, Mich. — Funeral arrangements for Devon Morrison, 10, have been set.

Monday, Morrison’s body was found in the Flat River. He’d been missing since Saturday. His mother said he went fishing earlier in the day. Police said preliminary results from an autopsy indicate that Morrison accidentally drowned.

The viewing for Morrison is scheduled for this Thursday, September 19th from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
It will be held at the Houghton Lake Christler Funeral Home.

Morrison’s funeral will be held Friday, September 20th at 11 a.m. at the same location.

The family established the Devon Morrison Memorial Fund. Donations can be made at any Independent Bank in Michigan. This will help the family pay for funeral and burial expenses.

Rest in peace Devon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_funeral-held-friday-10yearold-belding-boy-13880.shtml

Funeral held Friday for 10-year-old Belding boy
Updated: Friday, September 20 2013, 06:32 PM EDT

BELDING, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Friday, friends and family paid their respects to a 10-year-old Belding boy found dead on Monday.

Funeral services for Devon Morrison were held at 11:00 a.m. at the Christler Funeral Home, Houghton Lake Chapel.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.