March 19, 2024, 07:39:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 187874 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »

So sad that such a bright candle was stamped out much too soon.  RIP, dear Whitney.  My heart goes out to all those who love her.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »

Is this it?

::snipping2::

Gresham police said there is surveillance video showing Whitney Heichel's SUV at the gas  station, but the video is poor quality and detectives cannot determine who is driving the car. They also cannot determine if the passenger window was broken at that time.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious

Technology allowed man to walk on the moon and send back to Earth clearer images than  surveillance cameras can capture from close up.  Why?

Janet

$$$$

I was going to say that too.. But to also add its not just the money for the better cameras... It's also the upgrade in storage. The size of the higher quality files created is so large that the businesses would have to invest in expensive harddrives/servers to store this video.. Especially if they save a significant amount of days saved.

Think of how many cameras they'd have (so separate videos for each), 24 hours a day of video, how large those files would be, and how many days they'd save them...

Sure the technology is out there.. It just isn't a manageable expense for most places at this time.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

Suspect in Whitney Heichel slaying found through intense investigation by police, volunteers
on October 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM, updated October 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Holt is scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon in Clackamas County Circuit Court. Heichel was killed in Clackamas County, not in Multnomah County where her body was found, according to Gresham police. A Multnomah County prosecutor will continue to work with Clackamas County on the case.

The medical examiner completed an autopsy on Heichel Saturday afternoon, but the results were not made public.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/long_investigation_led_to_trag.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »

Is this it?

Gresham police said there is surveillance video showing Whitney Heichel's SUV at the gas  station, but the video is poor quality and detectives cannot determine who is driving the car. They also cannot determine if the passenger window was broken at that time.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious

Technology allowed man to walk on the moon and send back to Earth clearer images than  surveillance cameras can capture from close up.  Why?

Janet

$$$$

I was going to say that too.. But to also add its not just the money for the better cameras... It's also the upgrade in storage. The size of the higher quality files created is so large that the businesses would have to invest in expensive harddrives/servers to store this video.. Especially if they save a significant amount of days saved.

Think of how many cameras they'd have (so separate videos for each), 24 hours a day of video, how large those files would be, and how many days they'd save them...

Sure the technology is out there.. It just isn't a manageable expense for most places at this time.

Thanks Muffy and Samantha

IMO it defeats the purpose when business owners invest bucks in security systems that do not produce high quality images.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »

Neighbors know little about suspect in Whitney Heichel's killing
 October 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/news_of_whitney_heichels_death.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »

Find Whitney Heichel's Photos

https://www.facebook.com/FindWhitneyHeichel/photos_stream

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:18 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindWhitneyHeichel/photos_stream

From the candlelight vigil at Starbuck's tonight.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2012, 01:13:19 AM »

http://youtu.be/qNQ5KcEJAU0

an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNQ5KcEJAU0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qNQ5KcEJAU0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Whitney/photos_stream

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:27 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/21/police-keep-quiet-on-arrest-in-killing-oregon-woman/

Police keep quiet on arrest in killing of Oregon woman
Published October 21, 2012
Associated Press

GRESHAM, Ore. –  The discovery of a 21-year-old woman's body on a remote, forested mountain gave a terrible answer to the family, friends and church members who worked so hard to find out what happened to her.

But it remained unclear Saturday what information led police to a neighbor and acquaintance who quickly emerged as a suspect in her death last week.

Jonathan Holt, 24, of Gresham, a resident of the apartment complex where Whitney Heichel lived with her husband, was arrested for investigation of aggravated murder Friday night, about the same time her body was found on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham.

He was scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Clackamas County.

Police said autopsy results would not be released Saturday and sought to derail speculation that Holt's relationship with Heichel was anything more than as an acquaintance.

"There is no evidence that has surfaced in the investigation leading investigators to believe there was anything more," according to a city news release.

Heichel reportedly left her apartment Tuesday morning for her job as a Starbucks barista. She never showed up, and three hours later, her husband, Clint, called police. He told investigators he tried to reach Whitney multiple times after her boss alerted him that she never arrived for her 7 a.m. shift.

Police said Heichel's ATM card was used at a nearby Troutdale gas station at 9:14 a.m. Tuesday. Two hours later, family and friends discovered her sport utility vehicle in a Wal-Mart parking lot with the passenger side window smashed.

Some of her items were found in a trash bin nearby, and a child later found her cellphone in a field that lies between the gas station and the Wal-Mart.

Police began searching Larch Mountain on Wednesday, believing that Heichel's SUV was driven there, and discovered her body Friday night. The family's search team had discovered a license plate and other "items of interest" on Larch Mountain, police Chief Craig Junginger said.

Holt first came to their attention Wednesday, when he volunteered to be interviewed, Junginger said, and two interviews revealed inconsistencies in his statements. He submitted to fingerprint and DNA analysis, and that helped tie him to the SUV, the chief said.

It was not immediately clear if Holt had obtained a lawyer. He remained held without bail at the Multnomah County Detention Center.

Police did not respond to requests for comment Saturday and said in an email that no further information would be released.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Police-Tips-still-needed-after-arrest-in-Gresham/f5wcBhlf0kG7-NChnzHypA.cspx

Police: Tips still needed after arrest in Gresham Starbucks worker's death
Contributor: Jennifer Meacham Email: jmeacham@koin.com

Print Story Published: 10/20 10:26 am Share   

GRESHAM, Ore. -- After a four-day search for a missing Gresham woman ended with the discovery of her body, detectives say they're not done yet.

Investigators tell KOIN they're still looking for tips on the whereabouts of their prime suspect -- 24-year-old Jonathan Daniel Holt -- in the days leading up to and surrounding Whitney Heichel's disappearance.

Holt lived in the same apartment complex as Whitney Heichel and her husband.

On Saturday investigators told KOIN they're still following up on leads now that Holt's photo is in the news. Holt is charged with aggravated murder in Whitney's death; his 25th birthday is next Wednesday.

Over the next few days, authorities searched at least six key locations trying to find Whitney. They started with the dumpsters near where Whitney's SUV was found.

"By 3:30 p.m., all working Gresham Detectives reported to the Walmart and began canvassing the area," said Gresham Police Chief Craig Junginger in his prepared statement. "They located some of Whitney's personal affects in a dumpster in the parking lot. Later that evening, detectives located additional personal affects in dumpster in a nearby shopping center that they believed were also from her vehicle."

Gresham Police reports that it "also developed information leading us to believe her vehicle had traveled east into Clackamas County soon after her disappearance."

Search crews then went to Dodge Park in Clackamas County. There they found a number of items -- such as empty Four Loko cans and a vehicle floor mat -- described as "out of place."

On Thursday a child found Whitney's cell phone near the Troutdale Terrace Apartments on Southwest 257th Avenue. Whitney's family members tell KOIN that her debit card was used at a Troutdale gas station the morning of her disappearance.

Volunteer searchers also went to Larch Mountain.

"[A]nother search team organized by the church found the license plate and other items of interest on Larch Mountain," Gresham Police reports. "Detectives and Search and Rescue teams then responded and began a search on Larch Mountain."

After finding what is being called "additional possible evidence from [Whitney's] vehicle," authorities located the 21-year-old's body on Larch Mountain Friday.

Holt's fate

Other than some traffic charges, Holt has no previous criminal record.

UPDATE 4:58 p.m.: Multiple officials familiar with this case say that, after reviewing evidence, all court proceedings will be handled in Clackamas County Circuit Court. Officials say this suggests Whitney Heichel was killed in Clackamas County.

Holt, now lodged at the Multnomah County Detention Center, will be transferred to the Clackamas County Jail by Monday, officials said.

Anyone with additional tips on Holt's whereabouts before and after Tuesday morning can contact the Gresham Police Department at 503-618-2719.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »

In the video:  Former neighbor talks about their experience with Holt being a Peeping Tom.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=175092931&fPath=%2Fnews%2Flocal&fDomain=10202

Clues lead detectives to suspect in murder of Whitney Heichel

by KGW staff
NWCN.com
Posted on October 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:38 PM

KGW learned that Holt went to Parkrose High School in Northeast Portland and graduated in 2006. He has no history of violent crime with only minor driving infractions on his record.

Neighbors told KGW that they had seen detectives around their apartment complex during the past few days and were surprised to hear Holt was arrested for the crime.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/Neighbors-never-saw-Holt-Heichel-together-175099421.html?skipthumb=Y

Neighbors never saw Holt, Heichel together

By Emily Sinovic, KATU News and KATU.com staff Published: Oct 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM PDT

GRESHAM, Ore. – Police said Saturday there was no reason to believe that Whitney Heichel and her suspected killer were anything more than acquaintances.

Jonathan Daniel Holt, 24, was arrested Friday night in connection with the Gresham woman’s murder. Holt lived at the same apartment complex as Heichel and her husband Clint.

“I don’t know how we have these people around here, especially with our kids,” said neighbor Maria Sandoval, who lives in the same Gresham apartment complex.

Sandoval said she never saw Holt and Heichel together.

Another neighbor who was a close friend of Heichel's told KATU News that she had never seen Holt's face before Friday night's news conference.

Holt grew up in East Portland and attended school in the Parkrose School District. Neighbors of Holt’s family told KATU News he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

“I see his wife with him,” Sandoval said. “I think he was married.”

Sandoval said she did notice some strange behavior from Holt, especially when he returned home from riding his motorcycle.

“He always wore his helmet all the time, never showed his face,” Sandoval said. “Like, why does this guy never take it off? He’s walking to his apartment, doesn’t need it anymore.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »

I believe sometimes the police do not release certain information to the public, for fear it may tip someone off. Holt voluntarily came in for an additional interview and was arrested.  Perhaps he thought the police had no clue about him and was coming in to act all cooperative and helping the investigation and thought he was fooling the police.  When in reality, his stories didn't add up and the police were already looking at him closely.  He came to them, they didn't have to go find him, and the best thing is, no one else was injured at his arrest.  He's now in custody and can't harm anyone else.

http://www.katu.com/news/Neighbors-never-saw-Holt-Heichel-together-175099421.html?skipthumb=Y
During interviews with Holt, police said there were inconsistencies in his story.

At the same time Holt voluntarily came in for an additional interview Friday evening, police said investigators discovered Heichel’s body. Holt was arrested at about the same time, police said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »

Maybe Holt wanted to be arrested?!  Or was he cooperating to try to throw the police off? 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/oregon-police-body-of-missing-woman-found-man-arrested-for-aggravated-murder/2012/10/20/04891b5e-1a78-11e2-ad4a-e5a958b60a1e_story.html
Oregon police keep mum on details linking suspect with killing of 21-year-old woman
October 21, 2012

GRESHAM, Ore. — The discovery of a 21-year-old woman’s body on a remote, forested mountain gave a terrible answer to the family, friends and church members who worked so hard to find out what happened to her.

But it remained unclear Saturday what information led police to a neighbor and acquaintance who quickly emerged as a suspect in her death last week.

Holt first came to their attention Wednesday, when he volunteered to be interviewed, Junginger said, and two later interviews revealed inconsistencies in his statements. He submitted to fingerprint and DNA analysis, and that helped tie him to the SUV, the chief said.

It was not immediately clear if Holt had obtained a lawyer. He remained held without bail at the Multnomah County Detention Center.

Police did not respond to requests for comment Saturday and said in an email that no further information would be forthcoming.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

Maybe Holt wanted to be arrested?!  Or was he cooperating to try to throw the police off? 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/oregon-police-body-of-missing-woman-found-man-arrested-for-aggravated-murder/2012/10/20/04891b5e-1a78-11e2-ad4a-e5a958b60a1e_story.html
Oregon police keep mum on details linking suspect with killing of 21-year-old woman
October 21, 2012

GRESHAM, Ore. — The discovery of a 21-year-old woman’s body on a remote, forested mountain gave a terrible answer to the family, friends and church members who worked so hard to find out what happened to her.

Holt first came to their attention Wednesday, when he volunteered to be interviewed, Junginger said, and two later interviews revealed inconsistencies in his statements. He submitted to fingerprint and DNA analysis, and that helped tie him to the SUV, the chief said.

Police did not respond to requests for comment Saturday and said in an email that no further information would be forthcoming.

Don't they sometimes insert themselves into investigations to throw police off and/or be close to the investigation to see what's going on. He seemed to really put himself out there though. (The ego of it all... To think you can be right under their noses and they'd never suspect you)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Police-Tips-still-needed-after-arrest-in-Gresham/f5wcBhlf0kG7-NChnzHypA.cspx
Search crews then went to Dodge Park in Clackamas County. There they found a number of items -- such as empty Four Loko cans and a vehicle floor mat -- described as "out of place."

http://www.koinlocal6.com/Photo.aspx?content_id=061c9c7f-5f19-41d2-bbf8-d0a19f31f2a4&i=5

Investigators search Dodge Park, Larch Mountain in connection with missing Gresham woman

Douglas Key, KOIN Local 6 staff

Investigators are scouring Larch Mountain in connection with the disappearance of Whitney Heichel. Here are some items that were found Thursday morning, described by deputies on the scene as "out of place" for the mountain. Oct. 18, 2012.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »

IMO, looks like possibly a Starbucks cup in the picture too.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »

Neighbors never saw Holt, Heichel together

By Emily Sinovic, KATU News and KATU.com staff Published: Oct 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM PDT

GRESHAM, Ore. – Police said Saturday there was no reason to believe that Whitney Heichel and her suspected killer were anything more than acquaintances.

Jonathan Daniel Holt, 24, was arrested Friday night in connection with the Gresham woman’s murder. Holt lived at the same apartment complex as Heichel and her husband Clint.

“I don’t know how we have these people around here, especially with our kids,” said neighbor Maria Sandoval, who lives in the same Gresham apartment complex.

Sandoval said she never saw Holt and Heichel together.

Another neighbor who was a close friend of Heichel's told KATU News that she had never seen Holt's face before Friday night's news conference.

Holt grew up in East Portland and attended school in the Parkrose School District. Neighbors of Holt’s family told KATU News he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

“I see his wife with him,” Sandoval said. “I think he was married.”

Sandoval said she did notice some strange behavior from Holt, especially when he returned home from riding his motorcycle.

“He always wore his helmet all the time, never showed his face,” Sandoval said. “Like, why does this guy never take it off? He’s walking to his apartment, doesn’t need it anymore.”

The helmet thing is odd to me...so he wore his helmet at inappropriate times.  I wonder if this guy has a mild form of autism or something that he had to wear a helmet for as a child/adolescent?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2012, 02:00:44 PM »

I read that he agreed to go in for questioning on Wednesday after officers were alerted that he had been in the parking lot of the apartment complex at the same time as Whitney the morning she disappeared.  Either someone saw Holt outside that morning or someone who was in his apartment with him that morning informed LE. 

If the four cans of Four Loko were consumed by Holt that would explain his ridiculous movements (driving all over, ripping items from the SUV and leaving them everywhere, stopping at multiple gas stations and ATM's, throwing her phone in the woods in her neighborhood, etc...)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/campus-overload/2010/11/drinking_one_four_loko_is_like.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.