March 18, 2024, 09:51:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 187846 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/19873223/whitney-heichels-family-releases-a-statement

Whitney Heichel's family releases a statement

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 12:28 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 21, 2012 12:53 AM CDT
By FOX 12 Staff - email

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -
Whitney Heichel's family released the following statement on Saturday night:

"We are profoundly devastated by the loss of Whitney Heichel. She was a loved and valued member of our faith. No words can express the pain and agony her family and friends are undergoing as we cope with the bewildering loss of Whitney. We will continue to support and help one another in this time of grief. Whitney's family, friends, and members of our faith draw strength from our God, and his words of comfort found in the bible. The outpouring of support from members of our faith has been such an aid in helping us to deal with the pain and loss of such a wonderful person. For us, this is not a surprise, because this is "what we do" as an organization.

"Yet the response we experienced from others has also proved that there many good people in our community. The loving concern from ones that didn't even know Whitney or her family has deeply touched our hearts. The kind expressions, and support from perfect strangers has confirmed to us that there is much good in people, and this good moves them to display "loving acts of kindness". And though, while this event in our lives is tragic, we saw the positive effects it has had on this community. The events of the last four days moved people to take action in many ways. The main goal was to find Whitney. With the help of many resources we accomplished that goal. Sadly not in the way we had hoped.

::snipping2::

More at the link

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »

Accused barista killer moved to Clackamas County Jail
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 12:56 PM MDT
Updated: Oct 21, 2012 1:13 PM MDT

Jonathan Holt was moved to the Clackamas County Jail

Whitney Heichel's body was found on Larch Mountain FridayPORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - The man charged with aggravated murder in the death of Whitney Heichel was moved from Multnomah County to Clackamas County this morning, where he is currently on a suicide watch, according to deputies.

Jonathan Holt, who turns 25 Wednesday, is expected to face a judge to hear his charges in Clackamas County on Monday.

Holt was originally booked into Multnomah County jail on Friday after he was arrested for allegedly killing the 21-year-old Gresham woman, who vanished after leaving for work last Tuesday morning.  Her body was recovered on Larch Mountain, which is in Multnomah County, on Friday.

Investigators have not stated why Holt was moved to Clackamas County, though more details are expected to be released Monday.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19875174/accused-barista-killer-moved-to-clackamas-county-jail
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »

Accused barista killer moved to Clackamas County Jail
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 12:56 PM MDT
Updated: Oct 21, 2012 1:13 PM MDT

Jonathan Holt was moved to the Clackamas County Jail

Whitney Heichel's body was found on Larch Mountain FridayPORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - The man charged with aggravated murder in the death of Whitney Heichel was moved from Multnomah County to Clackamas County this morning, where he is currently on a suicide watch, according to deputies.

Jonathan Holt, who turns 25 Wednesday, is expected to face a judge to hear his charges in Clackamas County on Monday.

Holt was originally booked into Multnomah County jail on Friday after he was arrested for allegedly killing the 21-year-old Gresham woman, who vanished after leaving for work last Tuesday morning.  Her body was recovered on Larch Mountain, which is in Multnomah County, on Friday.

Investigators have not stated why Holt was moved to Clackamas County, though more details are expected to be released Monday.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19875174/accused-barista-killer-moved-to-clackamas-county-jail

Suspect in Whitney Heichel slaying found through intense investigation by police, volunteers
on October 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM, updated October 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Holt is scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon in Clackamas County Circuit Court. Heichel was killed in Clackamas County, not in Multnomah County where her body was found, according to Gresham police. A Multnomah County prosecutor will continue to work with Clackamas County on the case.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/long_investigation_led_to_trag.html

I think the second quoted post answers the first, but we'll have to wait and see what's revealed on Monday, I guess.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »

Autopsy: Whitney Heichel died of multiple gunshot wounds .
Posted on October 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Updated today at 9:26 AM

GRESHAM -- Whitney Heichel, 21, died of multiple gunshot wounds, according to autopsy results released Monday morning.

Her death has been officially ruled a homicide, said Dr. Christopher Young of the Oregon State Medical Examiner's office.

Both Jonathan Holt, the accused killer, and Heichel, attended the same Jehovah's Witness church, the woman's family confirmed Monday.

"We were completely shocked to find out that Jonathan Holt, an irregular attendee of our meetings, was arrested and would be in any way tied to this case as a suspect," the family said in a prepared statement.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Missing-Gresham-womans-SUV-found-in-Wood-Village-174492781.html
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:06 PM »

So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
I think about how very scared she was. She looks like a 12 yr old.

Forgot my manners, Good afternoon Monkeys.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-heichel-murdered-baristas-husband-asks/story?id=17534209#.UIWKLG_qllk

Whitney Heichel: Murdered Barista's Husband Asks Why

Video:  Whitney Heichel's Husband Interview: 'It's Very Difficult'

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27 )
Oct. 22, 2012

The devastated husband of murdered Oregon barista Whitney Heichel said that he had "bet on forever" with his wife of less than two years and has now been left wondering why anyone would hurt her.

"She's just very kind and loved everybody," Clint Heichel told ABC News' Abbie Boudreau in an exclusive interview. "She didn't do anything to deserve this. It's just ... why? That's the only question. Why?"

The search for the missing 21-year-old came to a close Friday night when police found her body and arrested a neighbor in connection with her death.

Police found Heichel's body on Larch Mountain, a 40-minute drive up winding roads from her home in Gresham, Ore.

They arrested Jonathan Holt, 24, an acquaintance and neighbor, after a series of interviews reportedly didn't add up and they found his fingerprints and DNA in her recovered car.

Clint Heichel said that the married Holt lived in his apartment complex, and they attended the same church. Heichel said that he and his wife cared for the Holts' plants and cats when they were away. Two weeks ago, Heichel helped Holt jump-start his motorcycle.

"It's very difficult, we only had a year and nine months together and when you get married you bet on forever," he said. "She was just a beautiful little person, just full of love, and she was just a ray of light to everybody."

Police have not reported a motive for the killing and have released few details about when Holt may have approached Whitney Heichel or if he had been stalking her.

Additional reporting by ABC News' Alyssa Newcomb and Sydney Lupkin.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/jehovahs_witness_community_mou.html

Jehovah's Witness community mourns Whitney Heichel
By Sara Hottman, The Oregonian   
on October 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM, updated October 22, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Sunday was the first day since Whitney Heichel disappeared that her congregation gathered for a formal meeting at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Gresham.

The gathering included references to scriptures that might lend comfort in a time of crisis, said a congregational elder, but wasn't materially different from a regular service.

It was Saturday that emotions ran high, when the congregation mourned for Heichel at an impromptu gathering at the hall. Jehovah's Witnesses from Gresham, Portland, Sandy, and Washington met there, said Jim Vaughn, a family spokesman and one of nine elders who lead Heichel's congregation.

"Local elders shared scripture and reminded friends that God doesn't stop bad things from happening, but good can come from the bad," Vaughn said.

He noted how Gresham police worked around the clock to search for Heichel. The way her and her husband's families took food to search parties during cold and rainy days last week. The way the city mourned for the family, with 350 people attending a vigil for Heichel on Saturday. The way Gresham businesses have come forward to offer fundraisers and donations in support of the family, such as the Portland and Gresham Dutch Bros. Coffee shops donating half their sales Monday to the Heichel family.

"They didn't know her, and we've had an overwhelming response," Vaughn said.

Saturday at the gathering, a man who didn't know Heichel read a comforting scripture to the group. It turned out to be Whitney Heichel's favorite:

"Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword? To the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through him that loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

At that moment, Vaughn said, "There weren't too many dry eyes."

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »

I'm thinking Holt's wife aided the investigation.

He looks sad in his booking photo, tormented even.  I don't recognize that in many murderers.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »

Jonathan Holt arraigned on 7 counts of aggravated murder in death of Whitney Heichel
 (VIDEO)
 Monday, October 22, 2012

An emotionally distraught Jonathan Holt quietly gave one-word answers Monday as he was arraigned seven counts of aggravated murder in the shooting death of Whitney Heichel of Gresham.

The multiple charges result from several aggravating factors  prosecutors allege, including kidnap, sodomy and robbery. Aggravated murder also applies to killings committed in effort to conceal another crime. If convicted, Holt could face the death penalty.
The case will presented to a grand jury. At that time, Holt could be charged with additional crimes.

Dressed in a suicide smock, Holt look down and appeared to be on the verge of tears during his brief appearance in Clackamas County Circuit Court via closed-circuit television.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/jonathan_holt_arraigned_on_7_c.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murdered-barista-whitney-heichel-raped-shot-times/story?id=17534209

2 Page Article

Murdered Barista Whitney Heichel Was Raped, Shot Several Times

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27 ) and ABBIE BOUDREAU
Oct. 22, 2012

The young Oregon barista Whitney Heichel who vanished on her way to her job at a Starbucks was sexually assaulted before she was shot "multiple" times, according to charges filed today against the man arrested in her death.

Jonathan Holt, 24, a neighbor of Heichel and a member of the same Jehovah's Witness church, appeared via closed-circuit television in Clackamas County court wearing a suicide smock.

He reportedly cried throughout the arraignment, simply answering "yes," to the judge's questions.

Holt was charged with seven counts of kidnap, robbery, sodomy and murder. His case will soon be presented in a grand jury, and additional charges may be filed. If convicted of the most serious counts he could face the death penalty.

He did not enter a plea at today's hearing and will continue to be held at a county jail without bail.

"The cause was multiple gunshot wounds and the manner was homicide," Dr. Christopher Young of the Multnomah County Medical Examiner's office told ABCNews.com.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »

Poor little Whitney, what she must have endured.  Take the suicide smock off the monster and give him a rope!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »

Edit to add link per texasmom.  MB
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Report-Whitney-Heichel-died-from-multiple-gunshot-wounds-175262191.html

Probable Cause Affidavit  

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Holt+PC+doc.pdf

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:58:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Report-Whitney-Heichel-died-from-multiple-gunshot-wounds-175262191.html

Police: Holt sexually assaulted then shot Whitney Heichel
By KATU News and KATU.com Staff Published: Oct 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM PDT Last Updated: Oct 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM PDT

125 Comments

Jonathan Holt appears in Clackamas County Court by video monitor on Monday, Oct. 22.

GRESHAM, Ore. – A new court document explains for the first time what investigators say led up to the death of Whitney Heichel, the 21-year-old Gresham woman whose body was found last Friday.

The suspect in the case, Jonathan Holt, appeared in court on Monday afternoon, wiping away tears as he quietly answered questions from a judge.

According to a probable cause affidavit written by the officer who arrested Holt, Holt waited outside Heichel’s apartment on the morning of October 16 and asked her for a ride.

Read the probable cause affidavit (Warning: graphic content)

Heichel, who knew Holt, obliged. About five minutes into the ride, police said Holt pulled out a handgun and forced Heichel to drive to Roslyn Lake in Clackamas County.

According to the affidavit from Officer Mary Nunn, Holt forced Heichel to perform oral sex on him, then shot and killed Heichel.

Nunn wrote that Holt dumped his phone at Roslyn Lake then drove Heichel’s body to Larch Mountain, where she was eventually found three days later on Friday evening.

Holt was charged with sodomy as well as murder, according to charging documents. He appeared by video monitor in a Clackamas County Court on Monday afternoon.

Holt answered the judge's questions during his arraignment, responding "yes" three times. He appeared to be crying throughout the court appearance.

Earlier Monday, multiple law enforcement sources told KATU News that Holt would be charged with a sex crime related to the case. Court documents show Holt was also charged with kidnapping and robbery.

Medical Examiner Dr. Christopher Young said Heichel was shot four times, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit also states that Holt’s cell phone was found at Roslyn Lake and that DNA “consistent with the DNA profile of Mr. Holt” was found on the steering wheel of Heichel’s SUV.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »

Poor little Whitney, what she must have endured.  Take the suicide smock off the monster and give him a rope!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »

Would a kind Mod please add this link to my post with the probable cause affidavit (IIRC it's #271) I should have referenced it also.

TIA!     Done.  YW.  MB

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:59:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »

There's got to be more to this, it just doesn't make sense!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »

The affidavit says the crime occurred at 8:40, guessing that's AM...if so who was sitting in the front seat of Whitney's Explorer when the gas was bought IIRC around 9:15?

Why did he get rid of his cellphone at Roslyn Lake? 

Just a couple of many questions I have...

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2012, 02:02:44 AM »

Hi Monkeys... devastating about Whitney.

Did Holt make a plea today?

Thanks.

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »

There's got to be more to this, it just doesn't make sense!   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:42 AM »

Jonathan Holt asked Whitney Heichel for a ride before killing her, according to court document
Created on Monday, October 22, 2012

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/121615-jonathan-holt-asked-whitney-heichel-for-a-ride-before-killing-her-according-to-court-document
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.