March 18, 2024, 08:58:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 187843 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:22 AM »

Hi Monkeys... devastating about Whitney.

Did Holt make a plea today?

Thanks.

No Plea.  They are appointing him a lawyer before his next court appearance.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »

Find a Job M&S Wine Our Papers Feedback Tuesday, Oct 23 2012 3PM  44°F 6PM 48°F 5-Day Forecast Suspect in the murder of Starbucks barista appears to weep in court as he is accused of 'sexually assaulting the 21-year-old newlywed before shooting her multiple times'
•Whitney Heichel's body found in wooded area near her home on Friday, three days after she failed to turn up to her work shift

•Her SUV was seen at a gas station two hours later 'driven by a suspicious-looking man as she sat in the passenger seat'
•Police arrested Jonathan Holt, 24, following interviews and DNA evidence
•He committed kidnapping, sodomy and robbery in the course of killing her, according to court documents
•Holt gave one word answers and appeared to weep during court appearance, via video

PUBLISHED: 00:47 GMT, 23 October 2012 | UPDATED: 10:36 GMT, 23 October 2012

::snipping2::

He is expected to get a court-appointed attorney within three days and return to court on Friday. He will continue to be held without bail in the county jail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2221701/Whitney-Heichel-Suspect-Jonathan-Holt-murder-Starbucks-barista-appears-weep-court.html
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »

May justice be swift for Whitney Heichel. 

He chose her because she was beautiful and kind. 

Eventually we will collectively say enough is enough and change our laws to mete out a truly just and swift punishment for evil perpetrated on our innocents.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2012, 12:10:15 PM »

May justice be swift for Whitney Heichel. 

He chose her because she was beautiful and kind. 

Eventually we will collectively say enough is enough and change our laws to mete out a truly just and swift punishment for evil perpetrated on our innocents.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!

Reading through some of the articles, I have a question....If Whitney was seen in the vehicle at 9:15 at the gas station, sitting in the front seat, would she not already be dead by that time? Did this animal have her sitting up in the passenger seat? That just freaks me out.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

Thanks.

Thanks Rose...  an angelic monkey

any idea when his court appearance will be?

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »

Thanks.

Oh... wait.... just found this:

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/nation/20121023_ap_affidavitsuspectsaysheshotoregonbarista.html

The statement from the Clackamas County sheriff's office was filed in court after 24-year-old Jonathan Holt pleaded not guilty Monday to killing his neighbor, 21-year-old Whitney Heichel.

So... according to this article he plead not guilty on Monday... ?!?

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

Hmmm.... so now I'm seeing several reports that he plead not guilty on Monday.  Is this the first we've heard about this? (Sorry, I'm not up to date)

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »

I don't understand how they can plea not guilty after they confessed and gave details of the crime.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!

Reading through some of the articles, I have a question....If Whitney was seen in the vehicle at 9:15 at the gas station, sitting in the front seat, would she not already be dead by that time? Did this animal have her sitting up in the passenger seat? That just freaks me out.

Good afternoon Darla!

This question has been on my mind too... (I'm probably wrong but I keep wondering if it could have been his wife in the vehicle with him at that time)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13656.msg1543386#msg1543386

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »

I don't understand how they can plea not guilty after they confessed and gave details of the crime.

I don't have time to look back right now, but I'm thinking he didn't have an attorney yet; (if that's true I think it would be odd for him to have entered a plea without representation?)...and I know I've read that he didn't enter a plea yesterday.  But maybe those reports were wrong? 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/jonathan_holts_employer_offers.html

Jonathan Holt's employer offers condolences to Whitney Heichel family
 By Lynne Terry, The Oregonian
on October 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM, updated October 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

An employer of Jonathan Holt, who’s accused of murdering Whitney Heichel, issued a statement on Tuesday, offering condolences to her family.

Canteen Vending Services, said in the statement: “We are saddened by the tragic circumstances of this situation, and we offer our deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Whitney Heichel at this time.”

The statement said that the company, located on Swan Island, was unable to comment on Holt’s employment. It said the company is cooperating with investigators.

The company, an affiliate of Compass Group USA, services vending machines, according to spokeswoman Betsy O’Brien.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

http://americanlivewire.com/jonathan-holt-accused-of-kidnapping-sodomy-and-robbery/

Jonathan Holt accused of kidnapping, sodomy and robbery in Whitney Heichel case

Holt’s family said it had no indication that Holt was “capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened,” and offered its condolences to her husband, and parents.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/175445061.html

A family friend also told KGW that several transactions were made on Heichel’s debit card, including at ATM machines and three different gas stations.

They said that gas station attendants at one of those locations -- a truck stop in Troutdale - remembered seeing her SUV and said Heichel was sitting in the passenger seat with a man driving. They said the man was acting suspicious and hurried, buying only a small amount if gas.

The locations aren't exact but I think that truck stop would have been on the way to Larch Mountain, and according to the probable cause affidavit...after he'd killed Whitney.

http://goo.gl/maps/hjC7e

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Whitney-Heichel-memorial-planned-for-Friday-175511521.html

Whitney Heichel memorial planned for Friday

Clint and Whitney Heichel

by Teresa Blackman, kgw.com Staff
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

GRESHAM, Ore. -- Family members are planning a public memorial so the community can share its love and support for Whitney Heichel.

The community has already shown an outpouring of support for Heichel and her family. Now everyone is invited to attend an open house at the Salquist Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, located at 5127 SE Salquist Rd. in Gresham.

The open house will begin at noon on Friday, October 26 and continue to 5 p.m.

“We would like to request that once you have met the family, feel their love and appreciation, that you allow others to do so,” family friend Jim Vaughn said in a prepared statement. “We respectfully request that no cameras or recording devices be brought into our Kingdom Hall.”

Heichel’s family also plans to hold a private memorial for Whitney at a different time.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2012, 08:08:30 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-Murder-suspect-Holt-mysteriously-vanished-in-2011-175490841.html

Police: Murder suspect Holt mysteriously vanished in 2011

by Teresa Blackman, kgw.com Staff
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Updated today at 4:14 PM

PORTLAND – The man accused of kidnapping, sexually abusing and killing his Gresham neighbor also mysteriously vanished for a time in 2011, prompting his friend to call 9-1-1, KGW has learned.

In this latest twist, a police report just obtained by KGW shows that back on August 18, 2011, Holt’s friend, Nathan Bargas reported him missing to police after he vanished, along with Bargas' rental car.

Bargas told the investigating officer at the time that the two had gone shopping together. He said Holt decided to stay in the car while Bargas went inside the Best Buy on NW Norman Avenue in Gresham.  But when Bargas came out of the store, both Holt and the car had vanished.

The police report said the officer asked Bargas if he thought John had stolen his car and Nathan said "this was very out of character for John, as he had just completed his EMT training and was a well-known and trusted friend."

The officer then called Holt's wife.  She said she had no idea where John was and began the process of filing a missing person report.

Just before 1 a.m. the next day, Holt resurfaced, according to the police report, and knocked on Bargas' back door.

Bargas said that Holt apologized for taking his car and told him he had a “mental breakdown” and "needed time to rethink his life and straighten his priorities."

The police report said that Holt later told the officer he had gone to a park in Washington, near where he grew up, and spent several hours there.

(KGW reporter Kyle Iboshi contributed to this report.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clues-lead-detectives-to-suspect-in-murder-of-Whitney-Heichel--175092931.html?c=n

Holt cries during Heichel murder arraignment

by KGW staff
Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews
Posted on October 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Updated today at 4:13 PM

Sources told KGW reporter Kyle Iboshi that Holt was "obsessed" with Heichel.

Holt worked at a Subway restaurant in Troutdale until last summer.  Co-workers there told KGW they were shocked to learn of his arrest.

"I found out they found her body and then I decided to look up the article. I saw his name and I read it literally four times. I looked at the picture and my jaw dropped because I was working with him, like, alone, so often and I never would have suspected that he would do that," said Holt's former Subway co-worker, Michelle Allen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/175445061.html

Heichel's mother Lorelei Ritmiller described her daughter as someone willing help everyone. Her nickname was "momma" because she was just that to so many.

"She's not a picture, she's not a story, she's our daughter, she's a wife, she's a sister, she has five sisters and a brother. She has grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and thousands of people in the community of our faith that absolutely adore her," Ritmiller said.

"She's sunshine in our hearts, She's gentle, she's compassionate."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220528/Whitney-Heichel-Heartbreak-family-missing-womans-body-hidden-mountainside.html

Ritmiller added that her daughter was a hard worker, a devoted Jehovah's Witness with a 'heart as big as the sun,' and her greatest hope was to have children of her own.

'She's wanted to be a mama since she was two years old and I brought her sister home,' she said. 'That was just her biggest hope, to have babies.'

http://youtu.be/qNQ5KcEJAU0

an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNQ5KcEJAU0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qNQ5KcEJAU0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindWhitneyHeichel/posts/363019607119285

Find Whitney Heichel · 21,497 like this
Saturday at 3:14pm ·
A letter from a Co-worker of Whitney's

A Letter to Whitney

My dear sweet Whitney,

My heart is broken for you and your family. This week there were untold numbers of prayers being said and people all over the country holding you in their hearts and hoping for your safe return. To our absolute sorrow this is not how events unfolded. When I found out last night that a monster had taken you from us, I felt at once numb, overwhelmed, sick and, in a small way, relieved. I knew for the first time in over three days of waiting and worrying and fear that you were not suffering. That no one could hurt you any longer. That your family and all of us who knew you could at least have some small peace in knowing that while you were no longer here, you were also not suffering alone. I sat and cried and talked with Ben, and recounted some of the wonderful, happy memories I have of you. And then I realized that those memories are what I have left of you—and I should share them. I told Ben I was concerned about what would happen when, eventually, people worked through their grief, and resumed their lives as before. How would we manage to keep your memory alive? How could we keep your sweet spirit with us always and not let it fade away? He told me I shouldn’t worry much about that—Ben’s lost several close friends in his life, and he assured me that even now, years later, he thinks of them. Remembers them. And, most importantly, remembers them as they were.... only the good things. This is what I hold in my heart now—that you are not what happened to you. That in our hearts and our memories you will always be the same sweet, lovely spirit you were in life.

These are my memories of you.

I think what impressed me most about you was your maturity. You understood family, and responsibility, and taking care of those around you. You were a hard-worker, and I always knew I could count on you to “hold down the fort” in our lobby. You loved talking with people, and were always interested in their lives. I remember teasing you when you’d tell me your theory about what those certain customers were really up to... you know who I mean. You’d invent back-stories for complete strangers, and it was so endearing. You’d ask me about my life, and my relationship with Ben, and once or twice you thought you had been prying too much and later apologized to me, which was unnecessary, but I was struck by how considerate you were, how willing you were to make things right if you thought they weren’t. You were always so respectful of others, and I always tried to be respectful of you and your beliefs as well, and you were always gracious and appreciative of that. Whenever holidays would come around, I would give everyone else Christmas cards, but wrote you a regular card. You always expressed gratitude for including you but also making an effort to respect your beliefs. I do not hold the same spiritual beliefs as you did, but I know your faith was extremely important to you, and you were a picture of respect and courtesy for others and their beliefs.

I think what I’m going to miss most about you is your smile and your laugh. You were such a beautiful woman, and I hope you felt that way. That is how we all saw you. Beautiful and full of light and life. You had these gorgeous eyes, perfect skin, and an absolutely radiant smile. You laugh was bubbly, contagious. You found the humor in small things, and always tried your best to see the upside of even difficult situations.

If I can say one thing for certain, it’s that you were absolutely head-over-heels in love with Clinton. I remember how excited you were to get married, how disappointed you were when Clinton got sick shortly after your wedding, how much you looked forward to getting off work each day and seeing him. You talked about him all the time, and how wonderful a husband he was to you. You always seemed to have a story about something thoughtful Clinton had done—something simple, like taking you to buy new jeans—but his love and thoughtfulness meant the world to you.

Anyone who knew you even a little bit probably knows you wanted to be a mother more than anything. We could all see what a wonderful, fun, natural mother you would be. I am so saddened you will not get that chance. You told me once that you had two mothers at our store... me and Kimmy. Kimmy was the one you’d go to when you needed to talk about a problem or needed a shoulder to cry on, and, in your words, I was more of a “stern disciplinarian”. That makes me smile. I was flattered that you looked up to me, that you thought I’d make a great mom someday, that I helped inspire you to want to be a dental technician. I am so sorry that these opportunities were taken from you. I will do my best to honor your memory by appreciating all of the wonderful people in my life, and all of the blessings in my life, both big and small.

I’m going to miss all the small things that were uniquely you. How excited you were to cut your hair, and how you’d compulsively tuck it behind your ear. You were such a girly-girl in a lot of ways, but you often surprised me—like with how excited you were to do the warrior dash and get covered in mud and eat turkey legs.. You always did your best to do things well—I’m going to miss telling you to hurry up and finish the pastry case, that it looked perfect. I smile every time I think about that random dream you had about me and my old-timey nightgown. You loved this time of year, loved to laugh, loved being a goofball sometimes, loved helping your family and friends with anything they needed, loved cleaning the house with the windows open while listening to reggae, and pumpkin spice chais, and double-blended frappuccinos, and scarves, and talking about babies.

You are loved, cherished, and will be remembered always. May you be at peace. May Clinton and the rest of your family and friends find peace and solace in your memory and in their faith.

I love you, Whit/Wooz/Woozlebee/Mrs. Heichel. Sweet girl, you will be so missed.

Love, Mo/Monique/Mosas

6,590 people like this.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »

Whitney Heichel: Clint Heichel says life without her is 'very difficult'
October 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM, updated October 25, 2012 at 8:45 AM

The husband of Whitney Heichel is trying to remember the good times with his wife and not focus on her murder.

"Just doing the best I can to keep moving forward without her, which is very difficult," Clint Heichel said in an interview with KGW (Cool. In raw footage, Heichel said he talked to the suspect's wife, Amanda Holt, on Wednesday evening at a Jehovah's Witness

gathering, where he gave her a hug.

We’re in this together," Heichel said. "We have equal pain. Her's is a little different than mine and mine is different than her’s but I could never hate her."

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/whitney_heichel_clint_heichel.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.