March 19, 2024, 01:14:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 187854 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »

I don't want to be too critical, but I am going to do it anyway. Once again we have an apparent crime and the police are baffled. I see a scavenger hunt taking place all over the area. Don't get me wrong - finding the evidence is crucial to a criminal prosecution and hopefully to finding Whitney herself.

According to the link from yesterday - Whitney's ATM card was used at at least one ATM and THREE gas stations.

And I'm supposed to believe there is NO video of her or her alleged abductor anywhere?

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

I don't want to be too critical, but I am going to do it anyway. Once again we have an apparent crime and the police are baffled. I see a scavenger hunt taking place all over the area. Don't get me wrong - finding the evidence is crucial to a criminal prosecution and hopefully to finding Whitney herself.

According to the link from yesterday - Whitney's ATM card was used at at least one ATM and THREE gas stations.

And I'm supposed to believe there is NO video of her or her alleged abductor anywhere?

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Another presser scheduled for this morning.  Hopefully they have some progress to report.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Additionally, her SUV was found in a Walmart parking lot. Those lots are loaded with video cameras.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Another presser scheduled for this morning.  Hopefully they have some progress to report.

Yet, no video screen captures have been released. Makes no sense.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »

KGWSunrise RT @KGWNews: Whitney Heichel police media briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. today; watch live #findwhitney kgw.com/live-stream

https://twitter.com/KGWSunrise
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »

In the ABC webside video that can be viewed at the following link ... it was speculated by Brad Garett that the smashed window could imply that Whitney interrupted someone breaking into her vehicle.  This makes me somewhat hopeful that this young lady has not been harmed as she was not the target of her abductor.  I could be wrong.

Surveillance cameras may be the key to solving Whitney's disappearance.  I hope the upcoming media conference will shed some light.

Janet

+++++

Whitney Heichel Missing: Kids Say They Found a Cell Phone That Belongs to Missing Woman
Oct. 19, 2012

<snipped>

Children playing in an apartment complex in Oregon found a cell phone that apparently belongs to missing 21-year-old woman Whitney Heichel.

Parents of one of the children told ABC affiliate KATU that the children found Heichel's phone in bushes outside the Troutdale Terrace Apartments Thursday evening. The family says the phone had a screensaver of a picture of Heichel and text messages asking if she was okay/

<snipped>

On Thursday, police searched a wooded area nearby and examined the surveillance video at a gas station that captured Heichel's black Ford Explorer around 9 a.m. the day she disappeared. Police said they have also interviewed the gas station attendant, but would not elaborate on what was said.

Investigators have not released any specifics about the video or who was driving the vehicle. Many other businesses have provided police with security footage, reported KATU.

Police said they recovered potential evidence during searches of Dodge Park and Larch Mountain on Wednesday and Thursday. Police used red tape to mark where they found broken glass and tire marks in the heavily wooded area near Heichel's home.

<snipped>

Police say surveillance cameras recorded her vehicle pulling into a Shell gas station around 9 a.m. and her ATM card was used.

Her husband said bank records show the same card was used at another gas station minutes later.

<snipped>

Heichel's Ford Explorer was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot hours after her disappearance. The passenger side window had been shattered.

Video:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-heichel-missing-kids-found-cell-phone-belongs/story?id=17514873

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »

Press Conference in about 10 minutes

http://www.katu.com/news/live

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Children-say-they-find-missing-Ore-womans-cell-phone-174934981.html

::snipping2::

Elizabeth Spencer said she saw Heichel struggling to park her SUV the night before she disappeared.

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."

But Spencer said nothing seemed unusual about Heichel or her SUV.

"I got in and put my purse in the passenger seat. So I looked over that way and then re-parked her car. I obviously had to look out the window to be able to get in the spot – no, nothing weird," she said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Children-say-they-find-missing-Ore-womans-cell-phone-174934981.html

Elizabeth Spencer said she saw Heichel struggling to park her SUV the night before she disappeared.

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."

But Spencer said nothing seemed unusual about Heichel or her SUV.

"I got in and put my purse in the passenger seat. So I looked over that way and then re-parked her car. I obviously had to look out the window to be able to get in the spot – no, nothing weird," she said.

Another snip from the same article

During Thursday's news conferences, investigators declined to talk more about the condition of Heichel's SUV when it was found in the Walmart parking lot. But Heichel's husband, Clint, explained what he saw to Good Morning America.

"I noticed that the front passenger side window had been broken out," he said. "She had a little dangling bead thing from the rear view mirror that had been ripped off; the back seats were down, which was odd; there was a rubber mat and the carpet that was in the back and those were on top of the seats. So stuff had been moved."

He said he also noticed mud and grass on the tires.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/live

I think he just said at this point there is no person of interest.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

Not much new since yesterday's presser -

Highlights -

Police treating it as a criminal investigation. Did not say - Abduction.

No person of interest.

None of the video would be helpful. (I have no idea why they are saying that - however, someone viewing the video may see something the police have not).

+++

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FindWhitney&src=hash

Anna Canzano ‏@AnnaCanzanoKATU
RT @katunews Gresham PD: "We've collected a lot of items and are putting the pieces together" WATCH LIVE http://k2ne.ws/nbeHa8  #findwhitney
Expand

2m FOX 12 Oregon KPTV ‏@fox12oregon
50 tips came in overnight in Whitney Heichel case, police say http://kptv.tv/fox12live  #findwhitney
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

6m NewsResearch ‏@NewsResearch
Still no word on what has been found on surveillance videos in Whitney Heichel investigation #findwhitney.
Expand

KATU.com ‏@KATUNews
Gresham police: Investigators still won't disclose what they have learned from surveillance video. Lots of video to go through. #FindWhitney

5m Mike Benner ‏@MikeBennerKGW
Authorities found Whitney's cell phone in 700 block of SW 257th in Troutdale. Kids found it while playing in woods. #findwhitney @KGWNews
Expand

7m KATU.com ‏@KATUNews
Gresham police: Detectives confirm they found Whitney's cell phone in Troutdale. #FindWhitney WATCH LIVE: http://k2ne.ws/nbeHa8
Expand

8m FOX 12 Oregon KPTV ‏@fox12oregon
Whitney Heichel case update starting now, watch live: http://kptv.tv/fox12live  #findwhitney

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »

I read some online comments about Troutdale Terrace Apartments where the cell phone was found  - none were too terrible other than one that complained about the landlady being a liar. Most were very happy with the place and the maintenance service.

The biggest complaints were kids unsupervised and cars being scratched. They look like nice apartments and not typical section eight with the rent between $675 and $900 per month.

Perhaps the phone was tossed from a window in the SUV. Doesn't look like this place is a den of derelicts.

+++

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FindWhitney&src=hash

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos
PD: There's a logical explanation for being gone a couple of hours, there's not a logical explanation of being gone this long. #findwhitney
Expand

1m Stuart Tomlinson ‏@ORweather
Gresham PD, husband "not a suspect" in Whitney Heicel disappearance. #findwhitney

2m KATU.com ‏@KATUNews
RT @AnnaCanzanoKATU: Gresham PD: No one's been totally cleared but the husband is not a suspect #FindWhitney
Expand

2m KGW News ‏@KGWNews
Investigators: Whitney Heichel's husband is not a suspect. http://bit.ly/PAQNfB  #findwhitney
Expand

4m KGW News ‏@KGWNews
Telling moment in Whitney Heichel press conference: Investigator pauses, recounting timeline: "Wait...what day is today?" #findwhitney
Expand

6m KGW News ‏@KGWNews
Gresham police: We've got people working 16, 17 hours straight on this case. http://www.kgw.com/live-stream  #findwhitney
Expand

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:46 PM »

Interesting comment from the presser - different team of investigators in the morning and afternoon.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »

Gathering bank records through court process.

Will not disclose how they found what they found.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »

That's the end - see you at four, unless there is a major development.

- I have to say - video cameras are in place to capture crime. We all know that. Not releasing any is not giving me good thoughts.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »

Lindsay Baum was abducted by an unknown - years later video was released of a gas station and three different people the police had an interest in.

One was a man and his little boy and the other was a man driving a white pick-up if I recall correctly.

Time fades memories, people die and move.

If they have any video - I hope they reconsider and release it now and not in two years.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Yet, no video screen captures have been released. Makes no sense.

What has me scratching my head is the cell phone.  If the lady and kids who found it are telling the truth than the battery was not dead.  You would not be able to go through texts on a dead phone.  Riddle me this......why did PD not locate the phone by GPS by now? 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »

"2m KATU.com ‏@KATUNews
RT @AnnaCanzanoKATU: Gresham PD: No one's been totally cleared but the husband is not a suspect #FindWhitney"

Clint was texting and calling Whitney - it's rather easy to see what cell tower his calls and texts are bouncing from and place him in a fixed location - additionally, if he is in a fixed location and Whitney is seen in the SUV before, during or after those calls and texts, there is no way he could legitimately be considered a suspect.

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.