March 29, 2024, 01:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 187999 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« on: October 17, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/

Major Crimes Team widens search for clues in missing woman case
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 8:24 PM EDT Updated: Oct 17, 2012 08:42 AM
By FOX 12 Staff - email

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -

The search for clues in the case of a missing Gresham woman has stretched east of Gresham where detectives believe the woman's SUV may have been seen.
Photos

missing

Whitney Heichel's car was found parked at WalMart hours after she failed to show up for work at Starbucks. SLIDESHOW: See photos

ALSO: Missing children cases

Police said the disappearance of Whitney Heichel, 21, is suspicious. Her black 1999 Ford Explorer with tinted taillights and an Oregon license plate 189 EJZ may have been in the east Multnomah County area, east of Gresham and possibly into Sandy, between 6:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Tuesday, detectives said.

Whitney Heichel was scheduled to work a 7 a.m. shift Tuesday at an East Gresham Starbucks on Northeast Burnside Road. The coffee shop is a two-minute drive from the apartment she shares with her husband, Clint Heichel.

"She got dressed this morning, normal everything. Kissed me goodbye, said goodbye," he said Tuesday. "That was 6:45 this morning."

Clint Heichel said his wife is not responding to text messages or phone calls, which is unusual behavior.

Family and friends began distributing flyers and searching for Whitney Heichel shortly after her manager called to say she did not arrive for her shift. Clint Heichel said he called police after driving to the home of his wife's parents and a hospital in the area, as well as calling family and friends.

::snipping2::
Edit to add "arrest" and "body found" in subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:44:38 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »

Vital stats

http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious

Police released a timeline of the investigation:

At 6:45 a.m. Heichel left her apartment at the 700 block of SE Hwy 26 to go to work.
    At 7:00 a.m.  Heichel was supposed to be at work at Starbucks in East Gresham near Powell and Burnside, approximately five minutes from her home.  She did not arrive.
    At 9:56 a.m., Heichel's husband called 911 to report her missing.
    At 12:30 p.m., friends and family reported that Heichel's ATM card was used at the gas station.  Detectives have since verified that the card was used and her vehicle was indeed at the station at 9:14 a.m.
    At 1 p.m., family and friends that were looking for Heichel and distributing flyers, found her vehicle parked at the WalMart in Wood Village at 23500 NE Sandy.  The vehicle's passenger side window had been broken out.

"The passenger side window was busted out, the backseats were down, there was mud on her tires, which it wasn't that way the night before," said Clint Heichel.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:59 PM »

Whitney Heichel with Husband Clint.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »

Concern Grows For Missing Gresham Woman
October 17, 2012, 3:36 pm

Police are searching for a missing Gresham woman who hasn't been seen since she left for work on Tuesday morning.  There's a search this afternoon at Dodge Park in Sandy in connection with Whitney Heichel's disappearance.

Her husband reported her missing three hours after she left for her job at the Starbucks near Powell and Burnside just five minutes from their home.

Heichel's ATM card had been used at a Troutdale gas station at 257th and Stark just after 9:00am when she was supposed to be already at work.

Police believe her vehicle may have been in the east Multnomah County are, east of Gresham and possibly Sandy between of 6:45 am and 11:00am.

If you've seen Whitney Heichel or have any leads, Gresham Police want to hear from you on their tip line at (503) 618-2719.

http://www.kxl.com/10/17/12/Concern-Grows-For-Missing-Gresham-Woman/landing.html?blockID=641075&feedID=10446
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »

Police search Clackamas County park for missing Gresham woman
Published: Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM PDT

CLACKAMAS COUNTY, Ore. – Authorities are searching a park in Clackamas County in connection with a Gresham woman’s Tuesday disappearance, police said.

Police are searching a heavily wooded area of Dodge Park, north of Sandy, Wednesday afternoon for 21-year-old Whitney Heichel. They've been on the scene since around 2 p.m.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-search-Clackamas-County-park-for-missing-Gresham-woman-174660661.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »

Comment after article;

Rebecca
 1 hour ago

Every morning for the last two years I go to that Starbucks and she was working. She is a sweet bubbly one of a kind person and although I only spoke with her 5 minutes a day its amazing how you get to know a person. She would blow kisses at my 2 year old son and called him her "boyfriend" he asks for Whitney in the morning when we pull in the parking lot. and if she was working in the back she would run up front just to say hi... We are praying for her safe return and our hearts hurt for her family

http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

Looks like a classic car-jacking Northern Rose - except it was 7 am. Not a lot of crime taking place that early. At this point - the husband looks totally clear since Whitney left and he was contacted by her employer.

Most of the comments on Fox 12 are in her favor and what a sweet girl she is - especially this one -

Rebecca
1 hour ago
+15 updown
Share | Flag
Every morning for the last two years I go to that Starbucks and she was working. She is a sweet bubbly one of a kind person and although I only spoke with her 5 minutes a day its amazing how you get to know a person. She would blow kisses at my 2 year old son and called him her "boyfriend" he asks for Whitney in the morning when we pull in the parking lot. and if she was working in the back she would run up front just to say hi... We are praying for her safe return and our hearts hurt for her family

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »

LOL - the ole great minds or in this case - optimistic minds that love hearing how someone was a contributor to society.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »

Looks like a classic car-jacking Northern Rose - except it was 7 am. Not a lot of crime taking place that early. At this point - the husband looks totally clear since Whitney left and he was contacted by her employer.

Most of the comments on Fox 12 are in her favor and what a sweet girl she is - especially this one -

Rebecca
1 hour ago
+15 updown
Share | Flag

I don't get a feeling that her husband has anything to do with this either. Unfortunate the video from the gas station is too grainy for LE to see who is driving.  Wondering if Whitney was fighting like crazy and she smashed out the passenger window herself to get away.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »

What a beautiful girl - any man would be honored to have such a beautiful wife. I am hoping for a good outcome - against the odds. Whitney sure looks content in Clint's arms.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

Rebecca
1 hour ago
+15 updown
Share | Flag

I don't get a feeling that her husband has anything to do with this either. Unfortunate the video from the gas station is too grainy for LE to see who is driving.  Wondering if Whitney was fighting like crazy and she smashed out the passenger window herself to get away.

There is this quote from the link - crap - now I can't see it in the article - I'll paraphrase -

({a male was seen although it was not clear and he bough a small amount of gas{ . . .{it wasn't clear enough to see if Whitney was in the car (truck)}. This seem to now be missing from the article - but I have a photographic memory.
Edit to add link.  MB http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:18:20 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »

Missing Gresham woman's SUV found in Wood Village
October 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM

A family member told KGW several transactions were made on Heichel’s debit card, including at ATM machines and 3 different gas stations.

They said that gas station attendants at one of those locations -- a truck stop in Troutdale - remembered seeing her SUV and said Heichel was sitting in the passenger seat with a man driving. They said the man was acting suspicious and hurried, buying only a small amount if gas.

Police have not released any further details in the investigation.

Lt. Claudio Grandjean said there were about 30 friends, family, and members of her Jehovah's Witness church looking for Heichel on Tuesday afternoon and resuming Wednesday morning.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/174593791.html?gallery=y&c=y#/home/174593791.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=2&c=y
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »

Investigators close Sandy park in search for missing Gresham woman
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 8:24 PM EDT Updated: Oct 17, 2012 08:42 AM
By FOX 12 Staff - email

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -

Search crews converged on a park in Sandy Wednesday in the search for a missing Gresham woman.
Photos

missing

Whitney Heichel's car was found parked at WalMart hours after she failed to show up for work at Starbucks. SLIDESHOW: See photos

ALSO: Missing children cases

Investigators closed Dodge Park to the public. It's not known what led them to that park or if any evidence had been located Wednesday afternoon.

It comes on the same day that the search for clues in the disappearance of Whitney Heichel stretched east of Gresham where detectives believe the woman's SUV may have been seen.

Police consider the 21-year-old's disappearance to be suspicious.

Her black 1999 Ford Explorer with tinted taillights and an Oregon license plate 189 EJZ may have been in the east Multnomah County area, east of Gresham and possibly into Sandy, between 6:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Tuesday, detectives said.

Whitney Heichel was scheduled to work a 7 a.m. shift Tuesday at an East Gresham Starbucks on Northeast Burnside Road. The coffee shop is a two-minute drive from the apartment she shares with her husband, Clint Heichel.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »

Her facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/whitney.heichel

She's very small:

Comments from Saturday:

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:00:53 PM »

Rebecca
1 hour ago
+15 updown
Share | Flag

I don't get a feeling that her husband has anything to do with this either. Unfortunate the video from the gas station is too grainy for LE to see who is driving.  Wondering if Whitney was fighting like crazy and she smashed out the passenger window herself to get away.

There is this quote from the link - crap - now I can't see it in the article - I'll paraphrase -

({a male was seen although it was not clear and he bough a small amount of gas{ . . .{it wasn't clear enough to see if Whitney was in the car (truck)}. This seem to now be missing from the article - but I have a photographic memory.

Is this it?

Gresham police said there is surveillance video showing Whitney Heichel's SUV at the gas  station, but the video is poor quality and detectives cannot determine who is driving the car. They also cannot determine if the passenger window was broken at that time.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »

What a beautiful smile. I can easily see what so many loved her. Praying for a good out come here.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »

Rebecca
1 hour ago
+15 updown
Share | Flag

Is this it?

Gresham police said there is surveillance video showing Whitney Heichel's SUV at the gas  station, but the video is poor quality and detectives cannot determine who is driving the car. They also cannot determine if the passenger window was broken at that time.

Yes, that's it. I'm outside on my deck and it's pretty dark and my typing looks like crapola. Thanks.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »

Heichel is described as standing 5-foot-2, weighing about 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/post_13.html
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »

I saw this terrible story earlier today and figured someone would post it - so here it is. Horrible as it seems. I pretty much waited all day and then decided to post it myself.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »

Whitney Heichel: Barista Disappeared During Five Minute Drive to Work
Oct. 17, 2012

Clint Heichel told ABC News' Portland affiliate KATU his wife's bank card had also been used at another gas station minutes after, however police have only confirmed one charge.

"One at 9:22 and then one at about 9:30, which was kind of odd – both for gas eight minutes apart," Heichel said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-heichel-barista-disappeared-minute-drive-work/story?id=17500488
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.