March 29, 2024, 08:18:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Heichel, 21, GRESHAM, OR(Arrest) BODY FOUND  (Read 188112 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2012, 01:39:58 PM »

That's the end - see you at four, unless there is a major development.

- I have to say - video cameras are in place to capture crime. We all know that. Not releasing any is not giving me good thoughts.

Me either.  If they need more people to go through the video they need to get them in there and get on it.  We're into the fourth day now.

I've read that Whitney was seen in the car by the attendant at the gas pumps, I read on FB last night that it wasn't her but another woman.  No idea if that's true or not, could just be another rumor.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

I don't want to be too critical, but I am going to do it anyway. Once again we have an apparent crime and the police are baffled. I see a scavenger hunt taking place all over the area. Don't get me wrong - finding the evidence is crucial to a criminal prosecution and hopefully to finding Whitney herself.

According to the link from yesterday - Whitney's ATM card was used at at least one ATM and THREE gas stations.

And I'm supposed to believe there is NO video of her or her alleged abductor anywhere?

Focus Police, FOCUS.

Another presser scheduled for this morning.  Hopefully they have some progress to report.

Yet, no video screen captures have been released. Makes no sense.

What has me scratching my head is the cell phone.  If the lady and kids who found it are telling the truth than the battery was not dead.  You would not be able to go through texts on a dead phone.  Riddle me this......why did PD not locate the phone by GPS by now? 

Good question - perhaps the phone was turned off? That's one explanation. Criminals know that phones can be tracked when they are on.

The police say the phone was a smart phone - these things do not have long battery life - if used alot - about one day and they need recharged.

The police said they will not discuss how they have found what they have - but that doesn't answer your question. A cell phone can be located by a tower - but that still leaves a radius of three to five miles from the actual location.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »

Detectives searching area where missing Gresham woman's cell phone was found. #findwhitney pic.twitter.com/0YB7KvhF

https://twitter.com/Schnik
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

Police recover missing Gresham woman's cell phone .
Posted on October 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Updated today at 10:33 AM

GRESHAM, Ore. -- Police have recovered Whitney Heichel's cell phone at a Troutdale apartment complex. Investigators made the announcement about the break in the case at a Friday morning press conference into the investigation of the disappearance of a Gresham woman.

Police say the phone was found in a field near the Troutdale Terrace apartments at 701 SW 257th by children playing and was turned in to police.

Gresham police spokesman Claudio Grandjean called the discovery "a very favorable find for us." The device is smartphone that contains user data, he pointed out. The field also is a new location for investigators to conduct a thorough search, he said.

Investigators also said they would return Friday for a third day to search in the Larch Mountain area.

::snipping2::

http://www.kgw.com/news/Missing-Gresham-womans-SUV-found-in-Wood-Village-174492781.html
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »

If Whitney has a cell phone tracker APP it could be located instantly. These are Apple and Mac. I have a Samsung Galaxy and I don't load alot of Apps - and don't know if Samsung has a compatible App. Apple and Samsung are the two largest smart phone companies. Samsung has actually sold more phones than Apple. There is also Motorola, Nokia and a few others - but they are much smaller players in the market.

I do know you can track an IPad, IPhone and any other Apple product IF you have the APP to within feet of the device.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2012, 01:52:20 PM »

Smartphone Location Tracking: What You Need To Know
04/23/11 06:55 PM ET

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/24/smartphone-location-tracking-what-you-need-to-know_n_852961.html
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »

- I have to say - video cameras are in place to capture crime. We all know that. Not releasing any is not giving me good thoughts.

Not only the videos but the gas station attendant actually saw this man.  Why hasn't a composite sketch been released?

Her abductor is driving all over the place, ripping out carpet, breaking the window, ripping off her bead decor hanging from the rearview mirror, getting small amounts of gas from at least two gas stations, throwing her phone out the window, leaving her neighborhood then returning, driving to a mountain then a park then to ATM's...

He's nuts and not thinking clearly.  ADHD to the max IMO.  He's a very real danger to society and a description, sketch, and video (however 'grainy') needs to be released pronto.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 02:01:01 PM »

Who is Whitney Heichel?
Posted on October 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Updated today at 10:44 AM

GRESHAM, Ore. -- At the Starbucks in Gresham, customers know Whitney Heichel by name. They say she always has that smile on her face.

"She's just very friendly and outgoing and I'm just devastated to hear that she is missing," customer Kelli Raglione told KGW.

The 21-year-old grew up in Gresham. She was a well-respected student and in January of 2011, she married Clinton Heichel.

The two share the same faith, Jehovah's Witnesses. They live in an apartment in Gresham and attend church, twice a week.

Whitney has no criminal record, and her husband just has a few traffic violations and a marijuana possession. Neighbors say this just doesn't make sense. Like the rest of the community, they want Whitney home.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Who-is-Whitney-Heichel-174858721.html
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »

Not only the videos but the gas station attendant actually saw this man.  Why hasn't a composite sketch been released?

Her abductor is driving all over the place, ripping out carpet, breaking the window, ripping off her bead decor hanging from the rearview mirror, getting small amounts of gas from at least two gas stations, throwing her phone out the window, leaving her neighborhood then returning, driving to a mountain then a park then to ATM's...

He's nuts and not thinking clearly.  ADHD to the max IMO.  He's a very real danger to society and a description, sketch, and video (however 'grainy') needs to be released pronto.

Jackpot - someone somewhere would probably recognize this guy from a sketch and his behavior. He doesn't sound very well organized nor of sound mind. People remember nut cases.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:43 PM »

Jackpot - someone somewhere would probably recognize this guy from a sketch and his behavior. He doesn't sound very well organized nor of sound mind. People remember nut cases.

More interesting now that I think about your post even deeper - sounds like a meth-head or someone on heroin.

+++

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »

More interesting now that I think about your post even deeper - sounds like a meth-head or someone on heroin.

Or Bipolar...manic phase.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

Rob and Amys Sister

Could it be that both the gas station attendant and the videos did provide an identification.  In other words investigators do not require public assistance in regards to a person of interest?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »

Whitney Heichel’s cell phone found in Troutdale
Oct 19 Published: 10:50 am

“The phone is a smartphone, so there’s data to be gathered from the phone that can help us also, that will tell us whose handled that phone and where the phone’s been,” Grandjean said.

Grandjean confirmed no other items were located with the phone. Crews were still searching the field Friday morning.

“That also gives us an area to search, obviously," Grandjean said. "And that’s a key area, because it’s between 257th and Stark, which is where we know the vehicle had been and the card had been. And also between the Walmart at 235th and Sandy. This area is right in between those two areas.”

Investigators are also continuing their search on Larch Mountain east of Corbett, which was expected to complete by Friday afternoon. According to Grandjean, detectives have reason to believe that Heichel’s vehicle was both at Larch Mountain and Dodge Park, in Sandy, prior to her ATM card being used a Troutdale gas station.

"We've collected a lot of items, and were putting all the pieces together, but I don't want to disclose exactly what fits into what," Grandjean said.

Detective are still combing through surveillance video from the Walmart where Heichel’s vehicle was found.

"We haven't seen any video that would be useful for our investigaton to release," Grandjean said.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/Whitney-Heichel-s-cell-phone-found-in-Troutdale/2Smli-0M80CcKAJmESiILA.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

October 18, 2012, 1:56 pm

Police are reviewing surveillance video.  They say it's been helpful in their investigation.

http://www.kxl.com/10/18/12/Update-in-Gresham-Womans-Disappearance/landing.html?blockID=641075&feedID=10446

So the video has been helpful in their investigation but not useful for their investigation to release.  Anyone want to decipher what that means?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FindWhitney&src=hash

13m GW News ‏@KGWNews
RT @KyleIboshi: Search dog now scouring apt complex where missing Gresham woman's cell phone was found #findwhitney pic.twitter.com/aH0IFpMB
 View photo   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »

Stuart Tomlinson‏@ORweather

Search and rescue search dog looking for evidence to the north of Troutdale, S of edgefield: #findwhitney pic.twitter.com/Rec4qP93

https://twitter.com/ORweather
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »

Kyle Iboshi‏@KyleIboshi

Search dog now scouring the apartment complex where missing Gresham woman's cell phone was found #findwhitney pic.twitter.com/ubujtNlu

https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »

Stuart Tomlinson‏@ORweather

Search and rescue about to search the area where Whitney's cell phone found; Troutdale Terrace apartments #findwhitney
https://twitter.com/ORweather
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

Whitney Heichel missing person press conference update - 10/19/12
The following are items shared during the press briefing held at Gresham City Hall on October 19, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. The briefing was held by Gresham Police Lieutenant Claudio Grandjean,

* Police are in possession of Whitney's cell phone. It was found yesterday as a result of a call that came to the Troutdale Police Department at 5:24 p.m. The call was to the Troutdale Terrace Apartments at 701 SW 257th in Troutdale. The phone was found in a field near the complex. Detectives have confirmed that this is Whitney Heichel's phone.
* Police are no finished with the search on Larch Mountain and will continue to search there today with Detectives and Search and Rescue personnel.
* Police are also going to search the area near the Troutdale Terrace Apartments where the cell phone was found. This area is key not only because the phone was found here, but also because this lies between two areas where we know Whitney's vehicle had been after her disappearance: 257th and Stark and Walmart 23500 NE Sandy.
* This case has been treated as a criminal investigation from the outset of the involvement of Detectives, which was at the discovery of the vehicle at Walmart.

There are no further updates to report at this time. The next briefing is scheduled for later today at 4:00 p.m., unless there is some breaking development, in which case I will notify all immediately.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1278
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »

October 18, 2012, 1:56 pm

Police are reviewing surveillance video.  They say it's been helpful in their investigation.

http://www.kxl.com/10/18/12/Update-in-Gresham-Womans-Disappearance/landing.html?blockID=641075&feedID=10446

So the video has been helpful in their investigation but not useful for their investigation to release.  Anyone want to decipher what that means?

Perhaps as Janet suggests - the person is a known quantity. It's hard to believe that someone would just jump in to a abduction without priors. In other words - the police know exactly who did this based on previous police contact and possible arrests.

Whatever the case - I'm not impressed with the course of the investigation to this point.

No sketch even though the gas station attendant saw him - at least four separate possible videoed locations and not even a description.

So far it appears the police have checked most of the areas where the cell phone pinged - but have found nothing and would have had zero evidence except for a kids found the phone.

Also, no finger prints from the SUV?

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.