April 19, 2024, 12:27:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Access to boat(s)  (Read 5938 times)
texanbob
Scared Monkey

« on: June 14, 2005, 10:34:34 AM »

Given the new (apparent) allegation by the brother that Joran and Natalee were "dropped off near the Marriott," should that cause some focus to be on the marina near the Marriott and the Red Sail Sports (and maybe other) boat(s) that normally dock there?  Did Joran have access to those boats, or did he have a friend who had access?
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:44:56 AM »

I remember arubagirl stating that you can't ride away in a boat at any time of the day or night without having several witnesses.

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
Karl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »

I was in Aruba a while back and it seemed like a lot of the hotels had ocean Kayaks just sitting on the beach, and one of those would be easy to take late at night.
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:34:43 PM »

Arubagirl stated that there would have been a lot of witnesses especially so close to a populated area of the island.

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »

Where did the long discussion thread go?
spirit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:24:23 PM »

Where did the general thread go?  If disabled, what other site did folks go to????? thanks
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 10:47:19 PM »

Huh, what, where, arubagirl said what?!

Depends where you depart from, you could conceivably escape by boat, if someone knows what they're doing.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 10:51:01 PM »

Arubagirl!!
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:03:18 PM »

too many witnesses if you depart by boat -  I don't know, if it is real busy maybe no one notices, in the dark does anyone notice, depends where the boat is and where you take off from, depends on the boat,a sail boat vs a power boat and let's just say someone I know who went to Aruba was boating with a rather lawless character, who was stealing gas from marinas to fuel his boat, and he was not caught, that week.........she was plenty worried though......
mia
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 01:26:53 AM »

I read somewhere that the Tatoo party boat, of which the 4th guy arrested works as a DJ, is parked at the Mariott.  I didn't, however, read how late it operates.  I did read that you can swing off the boat and swim during a night-time excursion.  I don't suppose a DJ could borrow, or even operate the boat, after hours.  Nah!  He would more than likely need some help, since the boat has 3 or 4 levels.  I don't know if she could have been hid, or be hiding, on the boat.
cabpoet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 07:40:44 PM »

They wouldn't necessariuly need to take the big boat. They'd probably be able to take a dinghy or small yacht tender. Most of these have oars, so it's not too hard to slip away from land unnoticed, then start the outboard later. I feel pretty convinced Natalie overdosed. She could even have died of alcohol poisoning. Many kids do every year. The young men would undoubtedly panic. Anchoring the body down somehow and dropping it off somewhere would seem like  the best solution I suppose. No body, no crime?  It would be hard to prove murder I think without her body. I traveled a lot when I was young and it seemed like most guys aren't rapists. There are plenty of tourists looking for sex. They don't usually have to resort to rape to get laid. Besides American girls aren't exactly the cowering types. I think most foreigners know any rape might be reported by a travelling teen. I wish these guys would fess up though. Natalie's family desreves to know the truth.
FeliX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:25:43 AM »

ArubaGirl:

Is the Tattoo docked outside the Marriott?

And, don't passengers embark by a water taxi...?

Which Steve would have access to?

TIA
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.