March 28, 2024, 11:20:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Jake Ziegler & Ray Pierce- Catawba, NC since 10/13/12(Deceased)  (Read 20737 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2012/oct/26/hurricane-sandy-threatens-search-efforts-sherrills-ar-2728917/

Hurricane Sandy threatens search efforts for Sherrills Ford teens
Published: October 26, 2012 Updated: October 26, 2012 - 5:13 PM

::snipping2::
The two had planned a quick trip to the coast and back, according to friends at a party the teens had attended earlier. On Thursday, CUE moved its search focus from the I-77 stretch of road near a cell tower where the last text message passed through. Activity on both boys’ cell phones appears to have ended abruptly, causing speculation they crashed. CUE is now working side roads and ravines east of the interstate, still within range of the cell tower.

Caison is concerned that the approach of Hurricane Sandy, especially if it lands on the North Carolina/South Carolina coast, could produce conditions that would delay a larger planned search.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/10/28/2499130/car-driven-by-missing-nc-teens.html

Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012
Car driven by missing NC teens found in water under I-20 bridge in Kershaw County

State and local authorities on Sunday were pulling a wrecked car from dark water under an I-20 bridge that matches the tag number of a green Pontiac that carried two North Carolina teenagers missing for two weeks.

Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews said from the scene that a ripped bumper and license found at the site matches that of a 2006 Pontiac G6 recently bought by Jake Ziegler, 18.

He and friend Ray Pierce, 17, both of Catawba County, N.C., were driving to Myrtle Beach to watch a sunrise over the ocean after others on the trip backed out, their families and officials have said.

“We’re 99 percent sure it’s the vehicle the two boys were in,” Matthews said. “So far, it appears to be just an automobile accident.”

A diver from the Camden Fire Department is working to help pull the vehicle from the water and determine if anyone is inside, the sheriff said.
Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=818393

Missing N.C. teens car believed to have been found in Kershaw County
Posted: 35 mins ago

COLUMBIA (WACH) -- Missing N.C. teens car believed to have been found in Kershaw County.

Kershaw County Deputies along with the South Carolina Highway Patrol are actively investigating a car found underneath the bridge over the Wateree River on Interstate-20 eastbound near the 96 mile marker.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »

RIP Jake and Ray.  an angelic monkey 

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/sheriff-body-teenagers-found-car-river-kershaw-cou/nSqY5/

Posted: 7:15 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012
Sheriff: Search for missing teens in S.C.; bodies found in car

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. —
Catawba County sheriff said they are currently searching for missing Catawba County teenagers in Kershaw County, S.C.

Volunteer searchers found the bodies of two teenagers in car in a Kershaw County river off Interstate 20, according to the sheriff’s office.

Eighteen-year-old Jake Ziegler and 17-year-old Ray Pierce told their families they were headed to Myrtle Beach two weeks ago and haven’t been heard from since.

Catawba County sheriff said it appeared to be a single-vehicle accident near a bridge.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »

Very sad.    I'll move this to "Missing Found Deceased". 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

Good evening all.
I was just going to bring this over. They were found about 20 miles from me. So sad, but so glad they have been found.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »

So sad, but I'm glad they found them.

Rest in Peace, Jake and Ray.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=818393#.UI3WWMXR6Sq

A tow-truck pulled the car out of the river around 8 p.m. Sunday

There are a couple of pics at this link.

God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19938313/troopers-investigate-fatal-accident-near-i-20-recovery-scene#.UI3mHG1vGDU.facebook
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) -
South Carolina Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a fatal accident about 1/2 mile from the scene of the discovery of two missing North Carolina boys in the Wateree River.

The accident happened in the westbound lanes of Interstate 20 near mile marker 98.

Troopers on the scene believe the incident happened because of a traffic back-up due to efforts to recover the boys' submerged car. ::snipping2::

So very sad another life lost because of traffic backup near the recovery site.

God Bless!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=818393#.UI3WWMXR6Sq

A tow-truck pulled the car out of the river around 8 p.m. Sunday

There are a couple of pics at this link.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/local/sheriff-missing-catawba-county-teenagers-car-found-in-s-c-river-1.38974

Sheriff: Missing Catawba County teenagers’ car found in S.C. river
Published: Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 21:53 PM.

The car was found after 4 p.m. Sunday along Interstate 20.  Channel 9 has learned it was a four member search team from the Cue Center that found the car about 50 feet off of interstate 20 near a bridge that crosses Lake Wateree.

Leading the search team was Dwayne Baker whose own teenage son, Travis, disappeared in Catawba County back in 2007 and was found murdered two years later.

He said the car was completely submerged in the water about 30 feet from the shoreline. The only way they knew it was there was discovering the bumper and a tag which had not gone in the water.

"You couldn't see the car,” said Bake on the phone Sunday night. “We just -- me and three other guys – were dropped off in this place and located the bumper and I just backed everybody out and we contacted authorities right then. We are just so glad the family didn't have to go through what I did for two years. You know they've got enough healing to do on their own right now."

Eyewitness News was with the Cue Center during some of the initial searches.

The car discovered 35 to 40 miles from where the teenager's cellphone pinged on a tower the morning they left.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:55 PM »

Sending prayers to the families and friends.  So sad.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »

Indeed it is...... RIP

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19938011/missing-catawba-co-teens-jake-ziegler-ray-pierce-drowned-in-sc-river

Spokesperson: Missing Catawba Co. teens drowned in SC river
Posted: Oct 28, 2012 7:11 PM CDT Updated: Oct 29, 2012 5:44 PM CDT

KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WBTV) -
The autopsy for two missing North Carolina teens found in a submerged car in the Wateree River near a South Carolina interstate is revealing new information.

Family spokesperson, Kevin Ryan, says Kershaw County Coroner Johnny Fellers told the family that the teens' cause of death was drowning.
Troopers believe the car went off the left side of the road narrowly missing a guardrail, down a steep embankment and came to a stop in the river. Our Raycom News Partner on the scene says there are tire tracks leading from I-20 down the embankment. Investigators plan to be back at the scene Monday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:32 PM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2012/oct/29/12/more-details-emerge-death-two-sherrills-ford-teens-ar-2735532/

More details emerge in death of two Sherrills Ford teens
Published: October 29, 2012
Updated: October 29, 2012 - 7:59 PM

The car was submerged in Buck Creek, not the Wateree River, according to Lance Corporal Brent Kelly, public information officer for Highway Patrol Troop 1.

The S.C. Highway Patrol is investigating because the wreckage appears to be the result of a traffic collision, according to Kelly. He said the multidisciplinary accident investigation team is working the investigation.

The car missed guardrails on the far left of the eastbound roadway, slipping through a narrow gap and down the embankment to the creek, according to Monica Caison, Director of CUE Center for Missing Persons. “A semi would not have made it through that small opening,” said Caison, “but the Pontiac did. It was the deepest part of the creek.”

Members of CUE had been searching a stretch along I-20 south of Camden and discovered the bumper and license plate of Ziegler's car in the median eastbound around 4:30 p.m., according to Caison. Moments later the car was found totally submerged in water.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/10/30/3632958/funeral-plans-announced-for-catawba.html

Funeral plans announced for Catawba teens who died in wreck
Posted: Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012

The families of two Catawba County teens who died after driving off a bridge on a trip to Myrtle Beach have planned joint memorial services this Saturday in Mooresville.

A Memorial service for the teens will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 3 at Cavin-Cook Funeral Home Chapel in Mooresville. The family will receive visitors following the service.

Pierce’s family is also holding a funeral Mass at noon on Friday, at Holy Spirit Catholic Church.

In lieu of flowers, the teens’ families encourage people to make memorials to Community United Effort (C.U.E.) Center for Missing Persons, which assisted in the two-week search for the Ziegler and Ray. The center’s mailing address is: P.O. Box 12714, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 12:31:03 AM »

Video at link

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/memorial-held-teenagers-who-died-trip-myrtle-beach/nSw2p/

Posted: 8:18 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012
Memorial held for teenagers who died on trip to Myrtle Beach

MOORESVILLE, N.C. —
About 500 people gathered together Saturday afternoon to remember two teenagers who died while driving to watch the sunrise at Myrtle Beach.

Jake Ziegler, 18, and Ray Pierce, 17, had been missing for more than two weeks. Their families decided to hold a joint memorial service.

"The boys were best friends. They felt it was something that needed to be done for the community," said family friend Kevin Ryan.

Ziegler and Pierce were seniors at Bandys High School in Catawba County.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »

Video at link

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/memorial-held-teenagers-who-died-trip-myrtle-beach/nSw2p/

Posted: 8:18 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012
Memorial held for teenagers who died on trip to Myrtle Beach

MOORESVILLE, N.C. —
About 500 people gathered together Saturday afternoon to remember two teenagers who died while driving to watch the sunrise at Myrtle Beach.

Jake Ziegler, 18, and Ray Pierce, 17, had been missing for more than two weeks. Their families decided to hold a joint memorial service.

"The boys were best friends. They felt it was something that needed to be done for the community," said family friend Kevin Ryan.

Ziegler and Pierce were seniors at Bandys High School in Catawba County.

So sad!

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.