May 01, 2024, 03:47:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katrina Smith, 30yr missing since 10/23/12 Machesney Park, IL(Body Found)  (Read 161900 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2012, 10:10:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Findkatrinasmith

Findkatrinasmith
about an hour ago.

FIND KATRINA SMITH SEARCH PARTY INFORMATION:
DATE: Tuesday, November 6th
RAIN NOTICE: Search may be cancelled depending on the weather. Please check back here in the morning prior to going to the park.
 TIME: 10:00am
 MEETING LOCATION: Schoonmaker Park off 173 which is also Ralston Rd. Machesney Park.

Please note: Schoonmaker Park is the initial meeting location. Actual search locations will vary and be determined on site based upon number of volunteers that show and ground that needs to be covered. For that reason we cannot pre-post actual search locations. Nobody will be at Schoonmaker park once teams have been dispatched. There is only one set gathering time per day. Thank you for your continued support! The family appreciates your efforts more than you can even imagine.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255965335/Dinner-to-aid-search-for-Machesney-Park-woman-Katrina-Smith

Dinner to aid search for missing Machesney woman Katrina Smith
Posted Nov 05, 2012 @ 11:22 AM
Last update Nov 05, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

MACHESNEY PARK — Desperate to find any clue about what happened to Katrina Smith, 30, family members have organized a benefit dinner to raise money for the search effort from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Casey’s Pub, 7307 N. Alpine Road.

Smith who lived with her husband Todd Smith, 45, in Machesney Park, was last seen Oct. 22. Her car was found abandoned near Schoonmaker Park in Machesney Park the next day and other personal belongings were found near the vehicle in the days that followed. Smith’s wallet was found in Rockford as dozens of family, friends and volunteers have searched for any sign of her.

Pizza and pasta from Napoli’s will be served at the Casey’s Pub benefit dinner for $10 per person. All of the proceeds will be used for the search effort, said Jason Groth a cousin of Katrina Smith who is organizing the fund raising activities.

Other ways to aid the efforts:
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »

Findkatrinasmith
2 hours ago.
A message from Chad (Katrina's brother) to the community:

So, it's the 2 week anniversary of the last time anyone has seen Katrina Smith. My heart breaks each and every night for her and what she may have endured if someone truly has take her or hurt her. She has done nothing to deserve any of this and it is just not fair. I actually called her every night until I heard they found her phone hoping that she would answer. It still hasn't all really set in. I wish we would have had more time. I wish I would have answered the last phone call you made to me. I wish a lot of things. I trust in God and in many ways already see the bigger plan that God has put in my path. Continue to use me Lord and please help us find Katrina Smith, I love her so much......

Thank you so much for all those who have contributed in every way since her disappearance. Our family cannot express the words of gratitude towards each and every one of you. Thank you and God Bless you all.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:18 AM »

Video at link

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=362812

The Search For Katrina Smith Continues
Updated: November 5, 2012

ROCKFORD - Hundreds of volunteers have joined together during the past 14 days.  Searching parks and industrial areas, and following up on tips and advice Katrina Smith's family members have received from the community. 

"It may not seem like a lot to go off of, but it's better than nothing," said Katrina Smith's borther Chad Kaltved.

Kaltved brought his family to Rockford from North Carolina.  They've been using maps Chad creates every night to search wooded areas and secluded places around the Stateline with the help of volunteers. 

"It's all we can do, we're not the investigators, we're just looking for Katrina," said Kaltved.

Investigators have also been working tireless on the case.  There are currently 8 detectives focused on finding what happened to Katrina Smith after she was last seen around 9 at night leaving her home in Machesney Park two weeks ago.

"We're following up on any piece of information that we can," said Winnebago County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro.

Iasparro says detectives have been looking into Katrina's past, but haven't found anything that might help the case.

"No significant problems in the past that we're aware of, or that we can find out," said Iasparro.

So far, the only hard evidence discovered came on the first day of the search when they located Katrina's car.

"Her purse, her cell phone, and wallet have been recovered," said Iasparro.

Kaltved says 100 people joined in the search on Saturday and Sunday.  He says they found duct tape, gloves, paper towels, and a shovel in Rock Cut State Park.

They've turned everything over to police, but can't say if their findings are related in any way to Katrina's disappearance.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

To My Brothers....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tragedy of Katrina Smith alone is terrible. How sad her loved ones must be to have lost someone so special. What has now compounded this tragedy, that in an effort to divert attention to his own guilt, that my half brother, Dayne Coursey, who is half brother to Todd Smith (fka Todd Raprager) has accused me of setting my house on fire in March of 1985 while Todd is blaming my father.
I have since moved from Machesney Park and now live in another State, 14 hours away. Although, I would have preferred to simply not be involved in this tragedy, my brothers have forced me into making a statement.

Regarding the egregious accusation that I burned down my house. I was born in January 1973. In March 1985, I was 12 years old. My mother and father and I were all in the house when it exploded. Neither I nor my parents were involved in any manner with the fire that nearly claimed our life. As I escaped through a window from my garden level bedroom, my feet were shredded by the glass that covered the yard. Then, I stood across the street with my parents and my dog and watched my house burn. At which time, Todd came running on the scene from places unknown. Had my father been involved, I'm sure that he would have made sure his son, wife, and himself were not in the house at the time.

Here are some facts that may shed some light on the disappearance of Katrina Smith.

http://www.convicttoddsmith.com/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »

Justin Raprager
I dont know anything regarding Todd's children. Sorry.

My mother was married 3 times. Her first husband is Todd's biological father. He was an absent father and was raised, loved, and adopted by my father. My sister and Dayne came from my mothers second marriage, which apparently ended because of abuse issues. Dayne and my sister spent a lot of time between families while Todd was raised in the Raprager home. He had no connection with his biological father until after the fire.

Todd changed his name some time after the fire because he was trying to hide from his past. He tracked down his biological father (last name of Smith) and had his name legally changed to Smith.

I believe this is the case information on the name change goes to case 1992-MR-0000117.
11/6/2012 9:47:47 AM

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »

Findkatrinasmith shared Meghan Dwyer, 23 News's photo.
2 hours ago.

KATRINA SMITH UPDATE FROM DETECTIVES: "At this point we are unable to provide any further information concerning the investigation of the case. We don't have the answers concerning kidnapping or abduction, and anything put out would be speculation."

If you want to help search, please see Findkatrinasmith for times and locations.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »

To My Brothers....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tragedy of Katrina Smith alone is terrible. How sad her loved ones must be to have lost someone so special. What has now compounded this tragedy, that in an effort to divert attention to his own guilt, that my half brother, Dayne Coursey, who is half brother to Todd Smith (fka Todd Raprager) has accused me of setting my house on fire in March of 1985 while Todd is blaming my father.
I have since moved from Machesney Park and now live in another State, 14 hours away. Although, I would have preferred to simply not be involved in this tragedy, my brothers have forced me into making a statement.

Regarding the egregious accusation that I burned down my house. I was born in January 1973. In March 1985, I was 12 years old. My mother and father and I were all in the house when it exploded. Neither I nor my parents were involved in any manner with the fire that nearly claimed our life. As I escaped through a window from my garden level bedroom, my feet were shredded by the glass that covered the yard. Then, I stood across the street with my parents and my dog and watched my house burn. At which time, Todd came running on the scene from places unknown. Had my father been involved, I'm sure that he would have made sure his son, wife, and himself were not in the house at the time.

Here are some facts that may shed some light on the disappearance of Katrina Smith.

Wow, someone actually willing to say what needed to be said and set the record straight! Thank you sir for standing up for Katrina and laying blame where it probably should and will be!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Katrina-Smith-Search-Continues-177758631.html?ref=631

Posted: Wed 5:38 PM, Nov 07, 2012
Katrina Smith Search Continues

MACHESNEY PARK (WIFR) -- The search for missing Machesney Park woman Katrina Smith has been non-stop for the last two weeks and now her family is enlisting the help of local hunters.

Katrina's family says they haven't been able to search Rock Cut State Park as thoroughly as they'd like, mostly because it's such a big area. So when the park is closed for deer and turkey hunting this weekend, they're making sure every hunter gets a flyer with her picture on it.

Today a couple of dozen people searched the southwest corner of the Park they found a woman's Jacket, but there's no way to know if it's Katrina’s until police send it for testing. Over the last week searchers say they've found a shovel, gloves, a roll of duct tape, a female suit jacket, and bloody papertowels. Anything that looks out of place has been reported to police.
At this time, police aren’t saying much. Detectives are really urging people to check their properties and any out buildings for signs of Katrina. They say she was wearing black pants and a red top. The family says police are considering searching the banks of the Rock River with cadaver dogs , but that's not something police will confirm or deny.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Benefit-for-Katrina-Smith-177981271.html

Posted: Thu 5:03 PM, Nov 08, 2012
Benefit for Katrina Smith Tonight

Katrina Smith has been missing for two and a half weeks. Hundreds of People are expected to come out for a public benefit for her tonight at Casey’s Pub in Loves Park. Her family says the money raised will be used for reward money and for search costs like hiring cadaver dogs and printing flyers.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

Findkatrinasmith shared a timeline.
November 4.

Find Katrina Smith Search Effort Fundraiser
Where: Casey's Pub 7307 N. Alpine Rd. Loves Park
 Date: Thursday, November 8th
 Time: 5:30pm
 $10 for Napoli's pizza & pasta dinner

Raffle with fantastic prizes!

(If you would like to donate raffle items please drop them off at Casey's Pub Monday and Tuesday this week during normal business hours 2pm-2am. )

Donations are also being accepted through Riverside Community bank.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/11/07/police-issue-public-plea-for-help-in-finding-missing-machesney-park-woman-benefit-nov-8/

Police issue public plea for help in finding missing Machesney Park woman, benefit Nov. 8
Posted Nov. 7, 2012

Following is the plea issued by the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department Nov. 7:

Katrina Smith was reported missing on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012.

Since that time, an exhaustive search has been conducted for Ms Smith, both by law enforcement and citizen volunteers.

The search has not been successful.

In addition to the physical search for Ms. Smith, hundreds of leads have been followed up on by detectives of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police and the Roscoe Police Department.

The search and investigation continues, and another appeal is being made to the public to assist law enforcement in both areas.

Citizens are asked to search their private property and outbuildings for any sign of Ms. Smith. If anything is located, call law enforcement immediately and report it.

Anyone with information on the disappearance of Ms. Smith is asked to call the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department (815-319-6400) or Crime Stoppers (815-963-7867)

At the time of her disappearance, Ms. Smith was reported to have been wearing black pants with a red top. Ms. Smith is 5 feet, 4 inches, 120 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Katrina Smith’s family has organized a benefit dinner for 5:30 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 8, at Casey’s Pub, 7307 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park, Ill. Funds raised from the benefit will go to fund further search efforts and to raise a reward for information about Katrina Smith’s disappearance. Pizza and pasta from Napoli’s will be served. Cost is $10 per person.

An account has been established at Riverside Community Bank, and donations can be made at any of the bank’s locations to the “Katrina Smith Fund.” A Facebook page, “findkatrinasmith,” has also been established.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »

Video at link

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363602

Family Of Missing Machesney Park Woman Hold Fundraiser
Updated: November 8, 2012

A fundraiser was held tonight at Casey's Pub.  The money will be used to pay a reward to anyone who information on Smith's whereabouts.  Many people wore t-shirts with Smith's picture, others wore wrist bands bearing her name.  "It's just a testament to who Katrina was" says Chad Kaltved, Smith's brother.  "The type of person she was a caring giving person and to see this community just goes to show you what type of community it is and it means a lot."

Over 100 people showed up for the fundraiser.  Smith has been missing now for 17 days.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:00 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ViYAyKkaY

Katrina Smith ♡Come Home
Published on Nov 8, 2012 by kbaybay98

This video was played at her Benefit on 11/8/2012, Katrina Smith is missing from Rockford IL. She went missing on October 22nd, 2012. If you have any information on her please contact (815) 319-6400. Thanks so much.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2012, 12:59:42 AM »

Video at link

http://www.wrex.com/story/20049497/money-raised-for-continued-katrina-smith-search-efforts

Money raised for continued Katrina Smith search efforts
Posted: Nov 08, 2012 11:23 PM CST Updated: Nov 08, 2012 11:23 PM CST

Investigators aren't releasing any new information to us about Katrina Smith's disappearance. No one's seen her for more than two weeks. While we don't know where she is, one thing's for sure, her supporters are there to help in different ways.

Whether its searching, praying, or donating; family, friends and strangers come together for Katrina. Thursday night, a huge turnout meant some financial help for the search effort.

"I don't want to say the word victory, maybe a step in the right direction." -says Katrina's cousin Jason Groth, who organized the benefit.

Supporters packed into Casey's Pub for Katrina Smith's benefit. Her family member Melinda Brazier is amazed to see all of the people there.

She says, "It really shows a sense of community."
Before the benefit, a volunteer search took place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Smith's step-brother Chad Kaltved says they were checking out the area near the condo where she was staying, up by IL-251 and East Rockton Road. Kaltved only had a few searchers with him, no leads or clues were found.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »

Just read on Rockford scanners that a woman's body has been found in the rock river.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

Just read on Rockford scanners that a woman's body has been found in the rock river.

Thanks cookie!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151112579531186&set=a.328379571185.164334.53942761185&type=1

WIFR TV
59 minutes ago

A body has been found in the Rock River near the intersection of Route 2 and Townline Road, south of Byron. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151112579531186&set=a.328379571185.164334.53942761185&type=1

Theresa Prebula There is another woman missing from Joilet too
Like · Reply · 6 · 57 minutes ago

WIFR TV We have just been told that the body is a female. However, authorities at the scene say they are far from determining whether or not it is the body of Katrina Smith.
Like · Reply · 28 · 55 minutes ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363732

Female Body Found In Rock River
Updated: November 9, 2012

At 12:30, an off duty Byron firefighter was fishing in the river.  He spotted the body and called authorities.

Winnebago County detectives were also on scene,  but would not comment.  Winnebago County is investigating the disappearance of 30-year-old Katrina Smith, who has not been seen in nearly two weeks.

An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00 A.M. in the Ogle County Morgue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.