March 28, 2024, 06:25:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katrina Smith, 30yr missing since 10/23/12 Machesney Park, IL(Body Found)  (Read 161331 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 27, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Police--175864701.html

UPDATE: Search Continues for Katrina Smith

UPDATE: During the search conducted by family and friends on October 26, papers towels were recovered with a substance believed to be blood on them. These items were recovered in a field between Obispo and Ralston Rd.

UPDATE: A purse belonging to the Machesney Park woman who vanished earlier this week, was found near her abandoned car. A search party is now looking for more clues at a Schoonmaker Park.

Miraynda Castro is helping lead a search party, filled with faces she's never seen. Dozens of people have come to Schoonmaker Park to help find her sister whose been missing for four days.
 ::snipping2::
Edit to add "body found" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:29:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981725484

What Happened to Katrina Smith?
October 26, 2012 06:00 PM EDT
1 person recommends this

Thirty-year-old Katrina Smith vanished sometime after October 20, 2012 -- when she was last seen. This case is immediately suspicious with negative elements due to the fact that her vehicle has already been found abandoned in a park. Her purse and cellphone have also been located, but she is nowhere to be found. There is no doubt that her loved ones must be bracing themselves for the worst in this developing case.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:29:13 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »

http://mystateline.com/fulltext?nxd_id=360562

Search Crew Finds "Blood Soaked" Paper Towels in Search For Katrina Smith
By: Nick McGill
Updated: October 26, 2012

The items were discovered not too far from where her car was abandoned. They called police when they noticed her blue Chevy Cruze parked off the road in a ditch near the intersection of Ventura Blvd. and Obispo.

The Winnebago County Sheriff's department says they're not treating the case as a criminal investigation, but they haven't ruled it out.

Winnebago County Sheriff's Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro says "we're not ruling foul play out .We just don't know. What's suspicious number one is that you have a thirty year old lady who's missing who had a vehicle that was left abandoned under suspicious circumstances."

Smith was last seen at home by her husband. He says she went out to run errands. Family friend Ann Derry explains "she ran to the store, got back home she had to run out again but she'd be back and her husband never heard from her again."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:29:26 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »

Her facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/katrina.smith.549

I believe this is Katrina and her husband?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:29:37 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/26/police-release-new-details-as-search-for-missing-30-year-old-machesney-park-woman-continues/

Smith’s purse was recovered Wednesday, Oct. 24, a short distance from where the vehicle was located. During a search conducted by family and friends on Oct. 26, papers towels were recovered with a substance believed to be blood on them. These items were recovered in a field between Obispo and Ralston Road. Tests will need to be conducted to determine whether the blood belongs to Smith. Her cell phone was recovered in the 700 block of Ralston Thursday, Oct. 25.

Smith worked in the Human Resources Department at Camryn Company in Belvidere, Ill. She is married and her residence is on Tetterhall Lane in Machesney Park. However, she has recently been staying in Roscoe, Ill. She has no children, but does have family in the area.

Detectives have been able to determine Smith was shopping Monday night, Oct. 22, between 7 and 8 p.m. at department stores in the area of North Second Street and Illinois Route 173 in Machesney Park. She then reportedly returned to her residence in Machesney Park, and left around 9 p.m. to run additional errands.

I'm not liking the way this sounds
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 12:41:31 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/Findkatrinasmith

Findkatrinasmith
2 hours ago via mobile
Okay it's official Search tomorrow Saturday 10am Schoonmaker park

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »

agreed not looking good,places are close to home 3.8mile

home, Tetterhall Ln
shopping 
phone
car,purse, blood towel, found at near Schoonmaker PK
http://goo.gl/maps/fNPw5

wondering if she was headed back to  Roscoe, Ill
5.9 mile from home, about 3.5 from shopping area
http://goo.gl/maps/Wd1f2
------------------
home, Tetterhall Ln
work, Belvidere, Ill
had been staying, Roscoe, Ill
http://goo.gl/maps/pyW6p

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »

cw618

Thanks for the maps.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

http://www.wrex.com/story/19925314/purse-and-cell-phone-of-missing-machesney-park-woman-found

Has pictures of her step daughters and the searchers.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:03:27 AM »

I was on one of these searches on Friday morning. They found the bloody paper towels. , This girl went missing on the street (Ventura Blvd.) where I grew up..She has 3 step daughters, one who is in college. Paige is her name.. real sweet girl.
the weird thing is that Katrina's father was there, her sister and step daughter. then the husband arrived and no one spoke to each other that I saw..it was the weirdest thing.
I don'y think this will end well. I think that she  will be found in the river, which is a very short distance from where her car was found...ssssssoooooo sad..
I have heard that she and her husband are having problems and she wad house sitting on Ventura Blvd. There are not a lot of facts coming out.
thanks for starting this thread Klaas.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »

I was on one of these searches on Friday morning. They found the bloody paper towels. , This girl went missing on the street (Ventura Blvd.) where I grew up..She has 3 step daughters, one who is in college. Paige is her name.. real sweet girl.
the weird thing is that Katrina's father was there, her sister and step daughter. then the husband arrived and no one spoke to each other that I saw..it was the weirdest thing.
I don'y think this will end well. I think that she  will be found in the river, which is a very short distance from where her car was found...ssssssoooooo sad..
I have heard that she and her husband are having problems and she wad house sitting on Ventura Blvd. There are not a lot of facts coming out.
thanks for starting this thread Klaas.

I was afraid of that Cookie.  I just got the feeling from the beginning that there were problems at home.  Very sad.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 02:59:11 AM »

Update On Katrina Smith Search

Published on Oct 27, 2012 by RockfordScanner

http://youtu.be/04xsAo-JMoA

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »

I 'heard" that they found her wallet in the river..not sure if that is true.
I have not heard if husband has been given a poly. I don't want to think that he did this, but we all know that the last person to see a missing person has scrutiny.
husband had a Best Buy jacket on. not sure if he works there or not. very little info coming out..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

I have not heard if husband has been given a poly. I don't want to think that he did this, but we all know that the last person to see a missing person has scrutiny.
husband had a Best Buy jacket on. not sure if he works there or not. very little info coming out..

Thanks Cookie.  Thanks for searching for her as well.  People like you make a difference in this world.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/River-Search-for-Missing-Machesney-Park-Woman-176132141.html

Posted: Sat 10:28 PM, Oct 27, 2012

River Search for Missing Machesney Park Woman

MACHESNEY PARK (WIFR) -- It's been five days since Katrina Smith was last seen. She went out shopping late Monday night and never returned home. Family members and police have been searching for her over the last few days and today they turned their search to the Rock River.

More than a dozen local fire departments were called to the area of Ventura Boulevard near Schoonmaker Park in Machesney Park. Boats with new sonar equipment were sent out looking for Smith.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

Thanks Cookie.  Thanks for searching for her as well.  People like you make a difference in this world.

Thank you Cookie!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »

Thank you Cookie!   

thanks both of you...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »

Thanks for searching, Cookie.  Did you search on Sunday?  I hope that it doesn't become a cold case like Timmothy--mom had committed suicide in Rochfort and her young son is still missing.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255960575/Rock-River-search-for-missing-woman-unsuccessful

Rock River search for missing Machesney woman unsuccessful
Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
Last update Oct 28, 2012 @ 05:57 PM

MACHESNEY PARK — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office did not locate anything Saturday while combing the Rock River in search of a missing Machesney Park woman. Detectives were not actively searching Sunday.
Officials have not determined if her disappearance involved foul play. They found her purse, blue 2012 four-door Chevrolet Cruze and cell phone near Schoonmaker Park in Machesney Park.

Dozens of residents have joined in the search for Smith. They have walked along Schoonmaker Park and reached out on Facebook.

The Sheriff’s Department urges anyone with information to call 815-319-6300 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255960575/Rock-River-search-for-missing-woman-unsuccessful

By Jennifer Wheeler
RRSTAR.COM

MACHESNEY PARK — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office did not locate anything Saturday while combing the Rock River in search of a missing Machesney Park woman. Detectives were not actively searching Sunday.

Katrina Smith, 30, was last seen about 9 p.m. Oct. 22 by her husband when she left their Tetterhall Lane home to run an errand. He reported her missing Oct. 23 to the Roscoe Police Department.

Officials have not determined if her disappearance involved foul play. They found her purse, blue 2012 four-door Chevrolet Cruze and cell phone near Schoonmaker Park in Machesney Park.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »

Thanks for searching, Cookie.  Did you search on Sunday?  I hope that it doesn't become a cold case like Timmothy--mom had committed suicide in Rochfort and her young son is still missing.

Dozens of residents have joined in the search for Smith. They have walked along Schoonmaker Park and reached out on Facebook.

The Sheriff’s Department urges anyone with information to call 815-319-6300 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.

I did not search today, however we were at the search site when the search was going on. There is a no leash dog area located there that we take Molly to. I asked the volunteers who were at the sign in area if there was any word and they all said no...
In speaking at the dog run, others were talking  about it of course. some live very close to where this is all going on. The family was able to secure a couple of billboards with Katrina's picture on it.
I sincerely hope that this does not turn into a cold case. It seems that we have a fairly good detective group here..
oh, and get this...one of the women out there who mis greeting volunteers for the search, told me that someone had broken into 1 of the volunteers cars and stole 2 purses out of it! braod daylight and from someone who is trying to find a missing person! I swear I do not know what this world is coming to...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.