March 29, 2024, 04:50:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katrina Smith, 30yr missing since 10/23/12 Machesney Park, IL(Body Found)  (Read 161367 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »

Updated: Sun 8:09 PM, Oct 28, 2012
Update: Search Continues for Katrina Smith

MACHESNEY PARK (WIFR) -- Detectives are working into the weekend to help find a local woman who went missing nearly one week ago.

A group of about 40 volunteers spent the day searching the neighborhood in Machesney Park where Katrina Smith's car was found on Tuesday night. Smith went shopping Monday and hasn't been seen since. Friends, neighbors, even total strangers have been handing out flyers with Smith’s photo. Her brother took charge of the search efforts on Sunday after flying in from Oklahoma on Saturday night

::snipping2::

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Update-Search-Continues-for-Katrina-Smith-176192971.html
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »

thanks for the update Northern...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

I 'heard" that they found her wallet in the river..not sure if that is true.
I have not heard if husband has been given a poly. I don't want to think that he did this, but we all know that the last person to see a missing person has scrutiny.
husband had a Best Buy jacket on. not sure if he works there or not. very little info coming out..

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/29/missing-machesney-park-woman%E2%80%99s-wallet-found-in-rockford-nothing-found-in-search-of-rock-river/
Missing Machesney Park woman’s wallet found in Rockford, nothing found in search of Rock River
Posted Oct. 29, 2012

The search continues for Katrina A. Smith, 30, of Machesney Park, Ill., who has been missing since Tuesday, Oct. 23.

Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 27-28, an extensive search of the Rock River was conducted by the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department and multiple assisting fire departments, including Rockford Fire Department and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.

The river search was conducted from south of the Latham Road Bridge. Nothing was recovered during the search.

Thursday, Oct. 25, Smith’s wallet was turned over to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department. The wallet had been recovered by a citizen in the roadway of a Rockford street and turned in to a business as found property. Once it was determined the wallet was Smith’s, the business called the Rockford Police Department, which contacted the Sheriff’s Department.

At this point, it is unknown if anything is missing from the wallet.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »

yep...I did hear that her wallet was found on  a street.  Ralston Road I believe..

This is such a "different" case because it seems like the family is not sharing much about Katrina.and the police are sharing even less... To the story that she was not living with her husband, they say, she was house sitting at the house on Ventura...Nothing is coming out about the husband,I had asked what was the last thing that she was wearing...no answer....
maybe this is the way that a lot of cases go....
On the other hand, I do understand that they don"t want to look at anyone in particular because what if they are wrong about that person......just very frustrating because we are not getting any clues at all...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »

Her facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/katrina.smith.549

I believe this is Katrina and her husband?

yes, that is her husband

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255960789/Police-getting-relevant-tips-on-missing-Machesney-Park-woman

Police getting 'relevant' tips on missing Machesney Park woman
Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:11 AM
Last update Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Although the search of the river with the help of divers from area fire departments was fruitless, information continues to pour in from the public who have also helped to search for any signs of her, Iasparro said.

“People are calling with thoughts and suspicions, bits and pieces of information that is relevant,” Iasparro said this morning. “When something like this happens, people come together and if there is something good that comes out of bad incidents, it’s that it shows people are concerned for one another.”
Iasparro could not comment on whether the husband is being investigated as a potential suspect. He said the husband has been assisting in the search along with other members of Katrina Smith’s family.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 06:47:52 PM »

yep...I did hear that her wallet was found on  a street.  Ralston Road I believe..

This is such a "different" case because it seems like the family is not sharing much about Katrina.and the police are sharing even less... To the story that she was not living with her husband, they say, she was house sitting at the house on Ventura...Nothing is coming out about the husband,I had asked what was the last thing that she was wearing...no answer....
On the other hand, I do understand that they don"t want to look at anyone in particular because what if they are wrong about that person......just very frustrating because we are not getting any clues at all...

Thank you for the information, Cookie.  Hopefully, the detectives in the area know what they are doing. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

Thank you for the information, Cookie.  Hopefully, the detectives in the area know what they are doing. 

yes..I have confidence in the detectives...
I hope that the family gets some answers soon. not knowing has to be horrible for them.

I just looked up her husband...Todd C. Smith...he is 45 yrs old ...if it is the same one...she is 30...no idea how long they have been married, what he does for a living etc...will do some digging..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »

Hope I do this correctly from my ipad!! (Looks fine, except you need to include the link.     MB)
I just found this info...I remember this very well when it happened..
Edit to add link.  MB  http://www.wrex.com/story/19947893/startling-info-about-missing-machesney-park-womans-husband
Shocking info about missing Machesney Park woman's husband

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 7:09 PM CDT
By Rebecca Klopf - bio | email

Court documents

WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WREX) -
Disturbing information is uncovered about the husband of a missing Machesney Park woman. Court records show he burned down his family's home two decades ago while they were inside it.
Todd C. Smith is the husband to Katrina Smith.  She was last seen October 22, 2012 when she stopped by her house in Machesney Park. According to the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department she had been living in separate residence in Roscoe. Todd Smith reported to police she left around 9 p.m. and that was the last time he saw her.  He reported her missing the next day.
In 1985 Todd Smith, who used to go by the name Todd Raprager was convicted of arson.  Court records show he set fire to the house with his parents and brother in it. The home was destroyed. No one was hurt in the fire.

Todd Smith who was 17 at the time was sentenced to 30 months probation and required to get a voluntary drug evaluation.

Now more than 25 years later the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department cannot say if they have any persons of interest in Katrina Smith's disappearance.

::snipping2:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:37:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:24 PM »

I did not see a link to the above post...it was WREX tv on October 29th...
Sorry if I did this incorrectly...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »

I did not see a link to the above post...it was WREX tv on October 29th...
Sorry if I did this incorrectly...

I googled the article title and found it.  Due to copyright issues etc., we can't post articles without links. Muffy

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »

Thanks Muffers! I just knew thar you would be buzzing by to save my butt! thank you!
*I swear I did not see that link but thank you for finding it for me...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »

I get it now...Googling it will give me the link...okey dokey...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 10:41:46 PM »

Thanks Muffers! I just knew thar you would be buzzing by to save my butt! thank you!
*I swear I did not see that link but thank you for finding it for me...

The article was a good find, Cookie.  But yeah, gotta have the linkie.  You're welcome.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Search-Continues-for-Katrina-Smith-After-One-Week--176327311.html

Posted: Mon 5:03 PM, Oct 29, 2012

Reporter: Whitney Martin Email
Updated: Mon 5:56 PM, Oct 29, 2012

Search Continues for Katrina Smith After One Week

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- It's been exactly one week since a Machesney Park woman vanished.

Today, police have confirmed Katrina Smith's wallet was found in Rockford, nowhere near where her car and purse were found abandoned.

“It's been horrible, I just want her to come home.”

One week after police say 30-year-old Katrina Smith said she was going to run some errands, her husband says he's still waiting for his wife to come home.

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband.

Smith is speaking out for the first time since he reported his wife missing.

Now, 7 days later, search crews continue to scour Schoonmaker Park near where Katrina’s purse and car were found abandoned, her wallet found days later in Rockford.

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance.

"I just want her to call or come home or let us know she's safe,” Smith said.

As for the bloody paper towels that were found on Friday, police say it could take weeks to determine where the blood came from.

Her husband Todd says he is reading the Facebook comments and is hurt by them. The family says they are so thankful for all the help.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »

Hope I do this correctly from my ipad!! (Looks fine, except you need to include the link.     MB)
I just found this info...I remember this very well when it happened..
Edit to add link.  MB  http://www.wrex.com/story/19947893/startling-info-about-missing-machesney-park-womans-husband
Shocking info about missing Machesney Park woman's husband

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 7:09 PM CDT
By Rebecca Klopf - bio | email

Court documents

WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WREX) -
Disturbing information is uncovered about the husband of a missing Machesney Park woman. Court records show he burned down his family's home two decades ago while they were inside it.
Todd C. Smith is the husband to Katrina Smith.  She was last seen October 22, 2012 when she stopped by her house in Machesney Park. According to the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department she had been living in separate residence in Roscoe. Todd Smith reported to police she left around 9 p.m. and that was the last time he saw her.  He reported her missing the next day.
In 1985 Todd Smith, who used to go by the name Todd Raprager was convicted of arson.  Court records show he set fire to the house with his parents and brother in it. The home was destroyed. No one was hurt in the fire.

Todd Smith who was 17 at the time was sentenced to 30 months probation and required to get a voluntary drug evaluation.

Now more than 25 years later the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department cannot say if they have any persons of interest in Katrina Smith's disappearance.

::snipping2:

nice cookie,more info on that,dad had to testify,against son/Todd Raprager
to get the ins.co, to pay, 3 reads and im not sure they were payed
05/19/89 Herbert Raprager Et Al., v. Allstate Insurance Company

DECISION OF THE COURT DELIVERED BY THE HONORABLE JUDGE UNVERZAGT

The plaintiffs, Herbert and Margo Raprager, appeal from judgments of the circuit court of Winnebago County entered in favor of the defendant, Allstate Insurance Company. The plaintiffs filed a three-count complaint against Allstate after it denied them recovery under their insurance policy after a fire in their home in Machesney Park, Illinois, on March 16, 1985. The plaintiffs' son, Todd Raprager, who was 17 at the time of the fire, entered a negotiated plea of guilty to arson of the house. Todd admitted he removed a plug from a natural gas line in the basement of the house during the very early morning hours of March 16. He then left the house. Sometime later that morning, the house exploded and burned. Plaintiffs and their other son, Justin, who were all sleeping at the time of the explosion, escaped injury. Todd's written statement to the police described problems in his relationship with his mother and father as his motive for the arson.

SUMMARY JUDGMENT

Allstate's motion for summary judgment on counts I and II was predicated on its first affirmative defense, to wit, that Todd Raprager was an "insured person" and, as such, plaintiffs, insured persons jointly liable for the acts of other insured persons, could not recover for a loss caused or intended by Todd's criminal act of arson as provided in the section I exclusions of the homeowners' policy. The trial court found no genuine issue of material fact existed with respect to any of the allegations of that affirmative defense, and it granted Allstate summary judgment. In addition to the arguments they present above in connection with Allstate's first affirmative defense, plaintiffs contend summary judgment also should not have been granted where there was a genuine issue of material fact as to whether Todd was "a resident of [plaintiffs'] household" and, thus, within the definition of "an insured person." They point to the affidavit of Herbert Raprager, offered in support of their brief in opposition to Allstate's motion for summary judgment, which indicated "clearly it was not Todd's intent to be a resident of the household."

The judgment of the circuit court of Winnebago County striking count III is affirmed. The judgment refusing to strike Allstate's first and second affirmative defenses is reversed, but is affirmed as to its refusal to strike Allstate's third, fourth and fifth affirmative defenses. Its judgment granting Allstate summary judgment is reversed, and the cause is remanded for further proceedings
very long
http://il.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19890519_0000767.IL.htm/qx

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 12:54:41 AM »

More information on husband--Notice of Hearing, October 14, 2011, from State of Illinois, Secretary of State, Securities Department

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/securities/administrative_actions/2011/october/toddsmith_noh.pdf
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »

CW...Machesney Park/Loves Park is a pretty small community. I went to high school with Todd's father who is a couple of years older than me. If Im would have heard the name Raprager early on, instead of Smith, I would have assumed  they were the same family whose son had set their house on fire ...it was huge news back then and in this area...

I wonder if Todd's children even knew about that incident?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »

More information on husband--Notice of Hearing, October 14, 2011, from State of Illinois, Secretary of State, Securities Department

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/securities/administrative_actions/2011/october/toddsmith_noh.pdf

Good find!...odd that this was dated October 14, 2011 and not too long after that, Katrina goes missing,,,maybe she found out about this and wanted no part of it and separated from him?
I hope that he had nothing to do with this....

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:52 AM »

05/19/89
Herbert Raprager Et Al., v. Allstate Insurance Company

Todd Raprager, who was 17 at the time of the fire, entered a negotiated plea of guilty to arson of the house. Todd admitted he removed a plug from a natural gas line in the basement of the house during the very early morning hours of March 16. He then left the house. Sometime later that morning, the house exploded and burned. Plaintiffs and their other son, Justin, who were all sleeping at the time of the explosion, escaped injury. Todd's written statement to the police described problems in his relationship with his mother and father as his motive for the arson." That is not a kid playing with matches, that is a caluclated move to injure someone.

http://il.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19890519_0000767.IL.htm/qx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.