March 28, 2024, 05:04:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katrina Smith, 30yr missing since 10/23/12 Machesney Park, IL(Body Found)  (Read 161351 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »

She goes shopping, returns home only to leave for an 'errand' and is killed from a beating.  I'd check the family finances and see if there were money issues.  Beating death tells me it was personal. 

I'll be shocked if it turns out that her husband was not involved in her murder.

I think he did it, just hope they can prove it. 

Yes, it was very personal.

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

She goes shopping, returns home only to leave for an 'errand' and is killed from a beating.  I'd check the family finances and see if there were money issues.  Beating death tells me it was personal. 

I'll be shocked if it turns out that her husband was not involved in her murder.

I think he did it, just hope they can prove it. 

Yes, it was very personal.

JMO

Forgot I'd bolded the first sentence of KittyMom's post, and changed my response from what I'd originally intended.   

I was going to say that I don't think Katrina was living with Todd at the time of her death.  Some say she'd moved out about 10 days before her murder and was living in a friend's condo.  But she did go by to see him after shopping that night.  And I don't believe his story about her leaving to run an errand at 9pm and not returning.  He was the last to see her alive.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=366272

Bruscato: Todd Smith Arrested For Katrina Smith's Murder
Updated: November 21, 2012

The Winnebago County State's Attorney Joe Bruscato made the announcement during a press conference Wednesday.  Todd Smith has been arrested on four counts of first degree murder and one count of concealment of a homicide.  Smith was arrested at around 2:30pm while riding in a vehicle.

He is being held on four million dollars bond.  The news comes after a month long investigation and just days after her funeral.
  ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »

http://www.wrex.com/story/20160571/2012/11/21/press-conference-to-be-held-on-katrina-smith-case

Todd Smith arrested for murder of Katrina Smith
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 3:12 PM CST

ROCKFORD (WREX) -
Todd Smith has been arrested for the murder of his wife, Katrina Smith.

He has been charged with four counts of first degree murder and one count of concealing a homicide. He was arrested at 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21. He is being held on $4 million bond and will appear in court on November 24.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Todd-Smith-Indicted-in-Katrina-Smith-Case--180423311.html?ref=311

Posted: Wed 4:36 PM, Nov 21, 2012
Updated: Wed 4:39 PM, Nov 21, 2012
Todd Smith Charged in Katrina Smith Case

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Todd Smith has been charged with the murder of his wife Katrina Smith.

Smith is the Machesney Park women who went missing on October 13th. Her body was found in the Rock River, just south of Byron, on November 10th. According to Winnebago County States Attorney Joe Bruscato, Todd Smith faces 4 counts of murder, two of the counts face a prison sentence of 20-to-100 years, two others would result in a sentence of 20-to-60 years. Bond has been set at 4 million dollars.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »

::justice2NJ::
http://inmates.winnebagosheriff.com/InmateDetails.aspx

Name:
SMITH, TODD CHRISTOPHER

Booking Date:
11/21/2012 4:24:00 PM

MID:

Height:
5' 6''

Weight:

Race:
White

Eyes:
BLU\BLU

Hair:
BROWN

Next Court Date:
11/24/2012 13:30

Bail Amount:
$400,000.00

Custody Status:
Felony Pending Arraignment

Bail amount reflects the actual amount needed for release. Bail amount does not include $30 bond fee or other additional charges.

Register for updates on this inmate from Illinois VINE

CHARGES:

•720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE
•720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL
•720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE
•720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL
•720 ILCS 5/9-3.1-A CONCEAL HOMICIDAL DEATH
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Todd-Smith-Indicted-in-Katrina-Smith-Case--180423311.html?ref=311

Posted: Wed 4:36 PM, Nov 21, 2012
Updated: Wed 7:35 PM, Nov 21, 2012

Todd Smith Charged in Katrina Smith Case

According to Winnebago County States Attorney Joe Bruscato, Todd Smith faces 4 counts of murder. Two of the counts indicate that Katrina Smith's murder was particularly brutal. Smith also faces one count of concealing a homicide. Bond has been set at $4 million.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »

http://www.convicttoddsmith.com/

CONTENT UPDATE!!!

By Justin Raprager

To the family and friends of Katrina Smith. It is with great sadness and regret to hear my beliefs to be correct. As I have mentioned before, no one wanted it to be Todd, and no one wanted Katrina to die. Please know that the Raprager family sends its deepest condolences.

To the children of Todd Smith. I am so sorry. For years my parents have begged to meet you. How nice it would be, or would have been, to have you as a part of this family. I will never expect you to understand what has happened, but hopefully you will start to see that we Raprager's were not the bad people that you were warned about by your father. You have a Grandma and Grandpa who think about you often, and an Uncle who would be willing to do anything to help you should you ever ask.

Many of you have called into question what I have done with this website. I remind you that it was started to defend my family, to expose a criminal, and hopefully help find Katrina. I'm not sure that I was successful at any of those, and even though Todd has been arrested, I assure all of you that I am not feeling joy. I have exposed many of my families dysfunctions in hopes to aid in justice. None of this was easy.

My mother is beside herself and will spend the next several days crying. All these years apart from her son has not soften the pain this situation has caused her. So, to my parents, let me tell you that as a father of 4, being a parent isn't easy. We do our best and hope for the best. What Todd has done was not a product of your parenting. You have always been good parents, and you continue to be great grandparents. You have a son and daughter and lots of grandchildren that will always defend and love you.

To Dayne, I do not blame you for supporting your brother so blindly. You do have a track record for bad decisions. What I do blame you for is being so quick to throw me under the bus by spreading the malicious lies about myself and my father being involved in that fire (as well as those crazed rants on your FB page). It's just one of the many things I will add to my list of why you are a dirt bag. I hope you begin to reconsider the lies told by Todd and publicly recant your accusations. As I am sure you see, you have alienated a lot of people in your life time. Don't you think it's time to grow up?

For those of you that bought into those lies told by Todd and Dayne, I ask you to reconsider your opinion. For you have spent much time in the presence of not one, but two, master liars.

To all my supporters, thank you so much for your kind words. This has been a very difficult crusade. I intend to shut this website down within the next week. If you leave your email address, I will notify you should there be any reason to re-launch it. Let us hope this brings a close to this chapter of our lives.

And finally, to Katrina. This all started with you and should end with you. I am so sorry what my brother did to you, and I hope that you will find peace. I pray that justice will be served to YOUR satisfaction. I hope your family will one day soon find a way to make it through the day without mourning for you.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1559138002/Katrina-Smiths-husband-charged-with-murder

Katrina Smith's husband charged with first-degree murder

KEVIN HAAS
State's Attorney Joe Bruscato announces first-degree murder charges against Todd Smith on Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012. Assistant Deputy State's Attorney Jim Brun looks on.

By Kevin Haas
RRSTAR.COM
Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 04:25 PM
Last update Nov 21, 2012 @ 08:27 PM

ROCKFORD — Todd C. Smith, who had reported his wife Katrina Smith missing about a month ago, was charged Wednesday with her murder.

Smith, 45, was arrested peacefully around 2:45 p.m. when Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over a vehicle near a neighborhood off Spring Creek Road, Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro said. Smith was a passenger in the vehicle, which was pulled over to execute the arrest.

He is charged with four counts of first degree murder and one count of concealing a homicide. The state’s attorney’s office issued four counts in pursuit of different charging theories under the criminal code. Two counts allege “brutal and heinous” acts, State’s Attorney Joe Bruscato said Wednesday at a news conference to announce the charges.

If convicted, Smith could face between 20 and 100 years in prison. He is being held in the Winnebago County Jail on $4 million bond, which means $400,000 would need to be posted for his release. He makes his first court appearance on Saturday for a bond hearing.

Bruscato and Iasparro declined to provide details of the investigation or evidence that led to the arrest. They stressed that answering such questions could interfere with the ongoing investigation and prosecution of the case.

Katrina Smith, 30, was last seen Oct. 22. Her husband reported her missing to the Roscoe Police Department the next day. She had been staying at a friend’s condominium in Roscoe before her disappearance, authorities said.

Family, friends and dozens of volunteers aided police in a massive search for Katrina or any evidence of her location. Her body was found Nov. 9 by an off-duty Byron firefighter fishing in the Rock River south of Byron. Authorities said she suffered “blunt force trauma” and investigated her death as a homicide.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:55 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1559138002/Katrina-Smiths-husband-charged-with-murder?img=2

PHOTO PROVIDED
Todd Smith was charged Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012 with four counts of first-degree murder.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »

Press Conference Katrina Smith

Published on Nov 21, 2012 by RockfordScanner

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NzPv5CfaptM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NzPv5CfaptM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »

Video at link

http://www.wrex.com/story/20163296/2012/11/21/katrina-smiths-step-brother-speaks-out-about-her-husbands-arrest

Katrina Smith's step-brother speaks out about Todd Smith's arrest
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 10:48 PM CST Updated: Nov 21, 2012 10:48 PM CST

"At this point I'm not going to say I 100% back him up, but it's hard because he was a family member, somebody who knew my wife and kids, he was married to my sister, I trusted him, and also because we don't have all the information yet. But, definitely my mind is shifting and thinking other things." -he says.
"Everything that we did, every search that we conducted, every piece of evidence that was recovered, in and of itself, maybe didn't seem important at the time. But, when you put it all together, towards the review of the entire case, that's how these cases are made." -says Winnebago County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro.

After hearing all of this, Kaltved says he never saw this coming, but there was one warning sign before her disappearance.

"About 30 days before this happened I did get a phone call from her, she was kind of upset and said she had to talk to me. And just being married and going through life you're going to have bad days so I kind of assumed that, and I still do assume that was just a bad day. She did text me back later and said that she wasn't doing too good but don't worry about her. Unfortunately, I never got to talk to her again." -he says.

Kaltved's putting up a strong front for his relatives, for some family members it's not that easy.

"There's definitely family that are hurting and they don't want to speak and it's going to take time to mourn and grieve and even this is too much to handle right now." -he adds.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2012, 11:44:36 PM »

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news/husband-held-for-homicide/article_0b894d16-3585-11e2-b03b-001a4bcf887a.html

Husband held for homicide
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Todd Smith is being held at the Winnebago County Jail in Rockford on $4 million bond. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Courtroom B at the Winnebago County Justice Center.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department executed a search warrant on Oct. 30 at the home of Todd and Katrina Smith at 8329 Tetterhall Lane, Machesney Park. Neither the sheriff’s department nor the state’s attorney’s office would comment on any evidence found as a result of that search warrant.

Todd Smith faces a possible sentence of 20 to 100 years in prison for the first two counts of homicide if convicted and 20 to 60 years in prison for the third and fourth count of homicide. The count for concealing a homicide carries a possible prison sentence of two to five years.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »

just got off the cruise ship and I came right here to get the updates as I have had no news for 7 days..I knew the monkeys would have the scoop!
so glad that they have arrested him. i do feel sorry for his children. as well as Katrina's family...one person's selfish actions have forever changed life for a lot of people...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »

just got off the cruise ship and I came right here to get the updates as I have had no news for 7 days..I knew the monkeys would have the scoop!
so glad that they have arrested him. i do feel sorry for his children. as well as Katrina's family...one person's selfish actions have forever changed life for a lot of people...

Welcome back, Cookie!  We're waiting for justice!  ::justice2NJ::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2012, 05:05:04 PM »

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1559139220/Todd-Smith-in-court-for-first-time-since-murder-charges

Todd Smith in court for first time since murder charges
Posted Nov 24, 2012 @ 02:42 PM

Smith appeared in court via video from the Winnebago County Jail, where he sat with his ear to a jail phone and listened as Judge John Truitt read the four counts of murder and one count of concealing a homicide the 45-year-old Machesney Park man faces.

Smith is charged with beating his wife to death on or around Oct. 22, when the-30-year-old Machesney Park woman first went missing, and concealing the homicide by placing her body in the Rock River. Two of the counts allege “brutal or heinous behavior indicative of wanton cruelty” that could carry a 20 to 100 year prison sentence. Truitt asked if Smith understood the charges he faces.

“Yes, sir,” Smith replied.

Smith appeared without an attorney and was appointed a public defender after he told Truitt he didn’t think he could afford to hire a private lawyer. He said he worked for Safe Money Strategies, Inc. in Machesney Park before his arrest, but did not have savings to hire a lawyer. The sound of his voice broke slightly as he told Truitt he and his family didn’t know if he’d be able to hire an attorney.

He will be back in court at 9 a.m. Dec. 21 for his formal arraignment and chance to enter a plea. He remains in jail on $4 million bond, which requires $400,000 posted for his release.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »

Thanks Grace..

What ticks me off is that Todd let his family and the rest of us (I only went once, but some others went more) search for his wife when all along he knew where she was. His young daughters were searching and organizing the searches and he knew where he had put her. Justice for Katrina

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »

http://www.onrockfordnews.com/2012/11/24/murder-suspect-todd-smith-appears-in-court/

Published: Sat, Nov 24th, 2012
Murder suspect Todd Smith appears in court

Investigators allege Todd killed Katrina Smith, 30, the evening of Oct. 22.

It is believed Katrina was killed in the couple’s Machesney Park home at 8239 Tetterhall Lane.

Her body was reportedly placed in the trunk of her Chevrolet Cruze and transported to the Rock River, where it was discovered nearly three weeks later.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

http://www.onrockfordnews.com/2012/11/24/murder-suspect-todd-smith-appears-in-court/

It is believed Katrina was killed in the couple’s Machesney Park home at 8239 Tetterhall Lane.

Her body was reportedly placed in the trunk of her Chevrolet Cruze and transported to the Rock River, where it was discovered nearly three weeks later.

wonder why she did laundry at their home instead of at the condo she was staying at? probably would not have mattered where she was at ...he probably knew about this other man and was determined to 'make her pay'' for doing that to him..
his eyes are empty...we have seen this before in other murderers..

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »

wonder why she did laundry at their home instead of at the condo she was staying at? probably would not have mattered where she was at ...he probably knew about this other man and was determined to 'make her pay'' for doing that to him..
his eyes are empty...we have seen this before in other murderers..

Not sure how accurate it is and I'm going from memory because I'm not sure I could find it again...but I've read that the condo didn't have a washer/dryer (it was for sale iirc) and Katrina had an interview the next day so that's why she went over there to do the laundry.

Found a link for part of it...

http://www.wrex.com/story/19957605/home-of-katrina-smith-searched

Kaltved says he doesn't believe Katrina ran away. According to him, she was supposed to be interviewed for a new job the day she was reported missing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.