June 15, 2024, 12:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surie Baeza, 15 yo found fatally stabbed in bedroom 10/30/12, Rockwall, TX MoM's X confesses!  (Read 6509 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19961014/teens-death-investigated-as-homicide
Girl found fatally stabbed in Rockwall home
October 31, 2012

ROCKWALL, Texas -
Rockwall police have released a few more details about a 15-year-old girl's apparent murder Tuesday night.

Police responded to a call from the 300 block of Lynne Drive in the Lake Rockwall Estates about 7:15 p.m. last night.

The victim's mother came home that afternoon and thought her daughter, Surie Baeza, was in her bedroom asleep. When she went in to check on her in the early evening, she found Baeza dead on the floor.

Rockwall police tell FOX 4 it appears Baeza, a 9th-grader at Rockwall Heath High School, suffered from multiple stab wounds.
 ::snipping2::

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2012/oct/31/rockwall-teen-stabbed-death-mobile-home-baeza/
Rockwall teen found stabbed to death in mobile home
October 31, 2012

ROCKWALL — A Rockwall-Heath female freshman student was found dead inside a Rockwall home last night, and authorities are investigating the girl’s death as a homicide.

The 15-year-old girl, now identified as Surie Baeza, was found by Rockwall Police officers at about 7:15 p.m. in a mobile home in Lake Rockwall Estates at the 300-block of Lynne Drive.

Upon arrival, officers found the girl unresponsive in a back bedroom with stab wounds to her torso, according to police.

“The initial investigation revealed the victim was deceased and had sustained a suspicious injury,” said Officer Aaron McGrew. “The scene is being treated as a possible homicide. The body was transported to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy.”

The autopsy is expected to be performed today.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/police-investigating-possible-homicide-of-rockwall-teen.html/
Police investigating possible homicide of Rockwall teen
October 31, 2012

Rockwall are investigating the death of a Rockwall-Heath High School student who was found stabbed to death in her bedroom, police said.

Police said they are investigating the death of Surie Baeza as a homicide. She was last seen at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday by her mother, right before the mother left for work. The teen had stayed home from school because she was sick. The mother returned from work and found the girl unresponsive in her room, a Rockwall police spokesman said in an email.

Detectives are currently interviewing family and friends of the victim, though that is standard procedure. They currently have no suspect information. If anyone does have information, they can contact Detectives at 972-771-7724, Rockwall County Crime Stoppers at 972-771-TIPS (8477). They may also leave a private tip on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/rockwallpolice.org?ref=ts&fref=ts
Rockwall Police Department

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Teen-Found-Dead-in-Rockwall-Home-176568131.html
Teen Found Dead in Rockwall Home
Girl's death investigated as a homicide

October 31, 2012

Officials said Baeza was a freshman at Rockwall Heath High School and didn't go to school on Tuesday because she felt sick.  After school, neither the girl's mother or sibling checked on her until it was time for dinner.  Her mother found her on the floor, unresponsive, and called 911.

Authorities are investigating the girl's death as a homicide. The Dallas Medical Examiner's Office began the autopsy Wednesday and two detectives are at the medical examiner's office awaiting the results.

At this time, officials have not revealed any motive or possible suspects and there was no sign of forced entry into the home.  The teen did have a boyfriend but officials said he was likely at school at the time.
Murders are very rare in Rockwall. Sgt. Jeff Welch of the Rockwall Police Department said he knows of only two in the past 30 years.

Rockwall police said anyone with information can text tips anonymously to 274637 using the word "Rockwall" followed by the tip.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/176760711.html
No suspects in violent death of Rockwall teen
November 1, 2012

ROCKWALL -- Police are investigating the death of a 15-year-old girl in her Lake Rockwall Estates home as a homicide.

Surie Baeza, a freshman at Rockwall Heath High School, was found unresponsive by her mother and appeared to have been stabbed multiple times at her home in the 100 block of Lynne Drive.

Her mother discovered her body on Tuesday evening, calling police at 7:15 and mistakenly assuming she had killed herself.

Rockwall Police Department Sgt. Jeff Welch said Baeza died from "a violent altercation." She had been repeatedly stabbed in the chest. However, there was no sign of forced entry or robbery, and no murder weapon was recovered.

No suspects have been publicly identified, and police haven't yet been able to pinpont the time of her death.

Police said Surie texted friends around noon Tuesday, and Ivan Herrero may have been one of the last people to see her alive.

"She had a blanket on her," he said recalling a brief visit to her home around 2 p.m. Tuesday to pick up the girl's younger brother. He said she was on the couch because Surie was home sick from school.

"I said, 'Hi, how are you doing?' She said, 'Fine, how about you?' And I go, 'Good.' And she goes, 'How was your day?' And I go, 'Good.' And I was like, 'Did you go to school?' And she goes, 'No, because I was sick.'"

Ivan can't remember if he saw anyone else at Surie's home.

Her mother didn't return for several hours, only adding to the mystery of who is responsible.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/176760711.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y#/news/state/176760711.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y
Photo gallery with ten images.
Video

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »

Mom's Ex Confesses to Teen's Murder: Police
Thursday, Nov 1, 2012

Police say the stabbing death of a 15-year-old Rockwall high school student has been solved after her mother's estranged boyfriend confessed Thursday to the killing.

Rockwall police said Juan Enrique Torres, 41, of Belize, told detectives that he argued with Baeza on Tuesday morning and killed her in a fit of rage when she threatened to call police.

Detectives said Torres called them at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday and said he wanted to talk. When he met with detectives, he told them that he had killed the girl and provided a written confession.

Police said Torres told them he left the knife used in the slaying inside the girl's home. Investigators later returned to the home and recovered what they believe is the knife used to kill Baeza. Police said they won't know if it is the murder weapon until it can be tested by forensic investigators.

Rockwall police said Torres was in a relationship with Baeza's mother for eight years. Until recently, he lived at the home and had access to the residence, they said.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=13699.0;num_replies=4

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »

Rockwall police say mother’s estranged boyfriend confessed to killing 15-year-old Surie Baeza in ‘fit of rage’
5:57 pm on November 1, 2012

The murder case of Rockwall teen Surie Baeza has been solved.

Her mother’s “estranged boyfriend,” Juan Enrique Torres, 41, called police at 1:30 p.m. today to say he wanted to talk. According to police, during several hours’ worth of interviews he said he wanted to “come clean” and then confessed to the murder of the high school freshman.

Police called a 5:30 p.m. news conference today, during which they repeatedly said Torres stabbed the teen in “a fit of rage” after arguing with the 15-year-old.

<snipped>

Torres, a Belize native, was previously arrested in Dallas County in 2008, on a domestic violence charge.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/rockwall-police-say-mothers-estranged-boyfriend-confessed-to-killing-teen-surie-baeza-in-fit-of-rage.html/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »

_____

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.