March 28, 2024, 01:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebekah Jane Gay 24yr, last seen 31/10/2012, Mount Pleasant MI (BODY FOUND)  (Read 18758 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 12:51:58 AM »

http://photos.mlive.com/4468/gallery/family_and_friends_gather_for_a_candlelight_vigil_in_memory_of_rebekah_gay/index.html

Gallery: Family and friends gather for a candlelight vigil in memory of Rebekah Gay (19 photos)   RSS
Description: Family and friends gather for a candlelight vigil in memory of Rebekah Gay

http://photos.mlive.com/baycitytimes/2012/11/family_and_friends_gather_for_13.html

Friday, November 02, 2012 10:17 PM

By Yfat Yossifor | Mlive.com

Arianah Kortgy, 11, Rebekah Gay's niece, is embraced as she cries during a candlelight vigil at Bullock Creek High School in Midland Township Friday, Nov. 2, 2012

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »

http://www.themorningsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121102/NEWS01/121109953&template=printart

Victim remembered as loving, protective mother, friend

By SUSAN FIELD

Friday, November 2,2012

::snipping2::

Gay, who was close to her mother, Sally, had recently been concerned with White’s behavior, Fisher said.

White called Gay’s cell phone while she was having dinner with Quinn, demanding to know why she wasn’t home, according to Fisher.

On another occasion, Gay called White to let out her puppy when she and Conway were away for the night, which also angered White, she said.

“I think the red flags were there,” Fisher said. “We always had a weird feeling about him.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »

I just wanted to say thank you to Northern Rose for posting the updates in the case and starting the thread, also to texas Mom for weighing in.

This is a case I could never write about with offensive explatives.  It should surprise nobody this man killed and sexually assaulted this young Mother by this monster.  What should surprise people is what took so long since his last parole.

In my mind, every person failed Rebekah.  This man, and apparently his wife at the time, after his first known offense, should have been on some FBI watch list.  Don't let anyone tell you differently, the FEDS monitor certain criminals with certain offense traits, though I admit most of the time they come out of the Federal Court system.

I do not believe that his first known victim was actually his first, and I believe their may be attachments to other un-reported or unsolved cases.

What "church" does not do a proper background check, and take a man like this at his word.

News flash- No, not everyone can be "saved", and not everyone deserves a second chance and I don't care what a person's faith is.   Their is a duty of care that should be followed by any practicing "church" if it allows a minister to "minister" to an unsuspecting congregation. 

Lastly, had the fact that he was molesting the HS girl as he was watching her bleed out should have resulted in a sexual offense charge, which would have required him to be register, and at that point, their would have been an interface with his probation team and any prospective employers-  in short, they would have known he was a dangerous predator.

I am beside myself when I look at this man's FB's and that of some of his family to see small children living in complete squallor, and at the end, this young woman who was on her own, but by all accounts responsible and respectable parent doing the best she could in her situation. 

Her own Mother was engaged to this guy.  Rebekah was becoming increasingly concerned with White's behavior- why the eff why already is nobody acting on their intuition in yet another PREVENTABLE crime??

This freaks profile is one of the most dangerous, with a 93% recidivism rate with a preferred paraphilia of necrophilia-

Ergo- his victim must be dead in order for him to act out his fantasy.   It is also well known in the profiling community if he has one deviant "fetish" he will have more.

Between Ridgeway and this case I want to scream "Get your head out of your asses" and pay attention to who walks among us.

The signs are there.  They ultimately do what we fear them capable of, and here we are again.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »

Thanks for weighing in on this one Blink, I sooooo agree with you! 

I woke up thinking about this one this morning after watching the videos of the interview with the 1980 victim. 

CHILLING.   

IMO, the justice system totally failed her.

Videos of the interview with her are at the link below (thanks NR!)

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/White-to-1st-victim-Are-you-dead-yet

White to 1st victim: Are you dead yet?
John White charged in Oct. 31 Mt. Pleasant murder

Updated: Saturday, 03 Nov 2012, 1:47 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Nov 2012, 5:42 PM EDT

By Ken Kolker

She is convinced -- based on his words during the attack -- that she wasn't his first victim.

"He said, 'This isn't my first time. Just shut up. You're making this more difficult than it has to be,'" she recalled on Friday in an interview with 24 Hour News 8.

She said she would not be surprised if there are more victims that no one knows about.

A woman visiting the home heard her screams and helped her, she said. Soon, there were police and paramedics. If not for surgeons, she said, she would have been White's first known killing.

"I died on the table, according to them," she said. "I just remember being cold and quiet and people talking over me."

White was sentenced five to 10 years in prison after being found guilty of assault with intent to murder in 1981, but was released after two years.

"I felt really betrayed, and I was scared -- not just for me, because the way that he did it was so easy and so comfortable for him; I was scared that maybe he'd either try to come back and finish, or somebody else would take my place," said Morris.

She said authorities had promised to notify her when White was released. Instead, she said, she found out when she heard his voice behind her at a Secretary of State's office about four years after the attack. She was in her early 20s, she said.

"I was standing in line and I heard this voice, and I'd been hearing that voice in my head almost every day," she said. "I turned around, and he's just smiling."

She said she grabbed a stanchion and went after him, yelling to a security guard what White had done to her. She said the guard got in her way.

"The security guard just told me, 'Run, baby girl, just go," she recalled.

Morris said she was never informed when White was released the second time. She said she was shocked to learn that he had become a pastor at a church in Isabella County. She believes he took the job to make it easier to find a victim.

"You never know what's in their mind, but once they've done something like that, it's a taste -- that he obviously enjoyed," she said.

She said she wept when she heard about the latest killing.

"I've talked myself into thinking I can't hurt, he can't take any more away from me," she said. "Every time he hurts somebody, it does take something away from me because they were supposed to keep him; they promised me he wasn't going to ever hurt anyone again."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »

I found this article and the descriptions within it chilling.  

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13700.msg1545098#msg1545098

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

This is such a sad case and was very preventable.  I could not stop thinking about it so built a timeline.  It has two gaps in it that could have other victims.  I also believe he told Theresa the truth that she was not his first victim 1980.  Please let me know if I missed anything or have anything wrong  in the timeline. Also, anyone find anything about his wife in 1980 that did not help Theresa as she was bleeding out in their basement?

March 1980 – White is 22 yrs old,
stabs 17yr old Theresa Etherton 15 times in basement of his home 146 College St,  Battle Creek
Wife and friend in house upstairs
Wife tells Theresa to shut up puts a sheet over her face
Friend calls cops.

Nov 1981 – White is sentenced in Calhoun County Circuit Court
Judge Paul Nicolich to 5 – 10 yrs in custody

1983 – White 26 yrs old, is released from prison as his sentence is overturned on appeal

10 year gap – what was White doing??

July 11, 1994 – White is 37 yrs old
26 yr old Vicky Sue Wall goes missing from parking lot of Meijer store in Kalamazoo on Gull Road
White is married and was having an affair with Vicky

Aug 27, 1994 – Vicky Sue Walls decomposed body is found in wooded area off East H Ave

May 1995 – White pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter
Does not tell circumstances of Vicky’s death

2007 – White 50 yrs old released from prison

White says he was a long haul trucker.

Aug 2009 - White 52 yrs old, becomes Pastor of Christ Community Fellowship Church in Mount Pleasant

Oct 31 2012 – White is 55 yrs old and Rebekah Gay is murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »

I hope LE is checking if JW had anything to do with this young lady who went missing in 1989 and her body was found in West Michigan in the forest.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/13/body-of-woman-slain-in-1989-to-be-reburied/
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:04 AM »

Having been a volunteer chaplain in the state medium security prison for many years, there are many mail-certificates for the ministry.  Once completed, a certificate is issued.  This is not the same for many mainline denominations (not that they too don't have their fair share of abusers).  There is an actual background check, psychological testing, etc. in addition to the seminary work required.  This case makes me physically ill.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »

Worship at church where murder suspect preached
8:20 PM, November 4, 2012

DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A small central Michigan church held Sunday worship services for the first time since its then-pastor was arrested on accusations he carried out the sexually motivated slaying of a 24-year-old neighbor.

About 20 members of Christ Community Fellowship in Isabella County's Deerfield Township attended services , welcoming visitors despite the trauma of the arrest of 55-year-old John D. White, The Morning Sun of Mount Pleasant reported.

"Even though this has been a horrendous week, there are blessings in the midst of it," service leader Donna Houghton told worshippers Sunday. Houghton said that she wanted to "thank the hands that held us up," and to ask that those same hands help Gay's mother, Sally.

Houghton said the church's members know that as Christians, they are supposed to forgive.

"Not at this point," she said. "Forgive us for not being there yet. It may be a few weeks before we can."

Members of the congregation said they knew he had a criminal record.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121104/NEWS06/311040276/Worship-at-church-where-murder-suspect-preached
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

I just don't get it.  True, people can change, but didn't they feel uncomfortable at all with his past crimes?  Were they so desparate for a pastor?  did they think God would protect them?  did they think at all?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

Rebekah Gay Update: 200 people gather in honor of Mich. mother allegedly slain by ex-convict
November 5, 2012 10:29 AM

(CBS/AP) MIDLAND, Mich. - About 200 people gathered outside a Michigan high school on Friday to remember Rebekah Gay, a young mother whose death has been linked to an ex-convict.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57545025-504083/rebekah-gay-update-200-people-gather-in-honor-of-mich-mother-allegedly-slain-by-ex-convict/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »

affidavit filed by investigators containing details of White's confession
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wnem/WNEM/johndwhiteaffidavit.pdf
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »

Rebekah Gay slaying suspect, John D. White, to face psychiatric evaluation before trial
 November 08, 2012 at 4:21 PM
MOUNT PLEASANT, MI — The man who confessed to murdering 24-year-old Rebekah Gay inside her Broomfield Township home on Halloween will face a psychiatric evaluation before standing trial on a charge of first-degree murder.

John D. White, 55, was scheduled for a preliminary examination in Isabella County Trial Court at 8:15 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 8.

But Trial Court Administrator Lance Dexter said White was neither brought over to the courthouse from Isabella County Jail nor was the matter brought before Judge William R. Rush.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/11/rebekah_gay_murder_suspect_joh.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »

White gave neighbors 'creepy vibe'
Started petition for Violent Offender Registry
Updated: Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 11:25 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 5:36 PM EST

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (WOOD) - Michelle Earl said when she first met her neighbor "he gave us a creepy, eerie type of vibe." But she and Kelvin Patterson found nothing sinister when they typed " John White" into Google.

White, a 55-year-old pastor, allegedly admitted killing 24-year-old Rebekah Gay , first hitting her over the head with a rubber mallet and then strangling her while her 3-year-old son was in the mobile home where she lived. Her body was found naked and dumped in a wooded ditch.

The couple said a Target 8 report on the teenager he stabbed in Battle Creek led them to start an online petition for a violent offender registry, similar to the sex offender list. Several other states, including Indiana, have such a list.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/White-gave-neighbors-creepy-vibe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

Mental Exam Will Delay Pastor’s Murder Case
November 8, 2012 7:22 PM

Isabella County, Rebekah Gay MOUNT PLEASANT (WWJ/AP) - A psychiatric exam will slow down the criminal case against a central Michigan pastor charged with killing a young woman in her trailer as part of a sexual fantasy.

A key hearing scheduled for Thursday in Isabella County was postponed. Court administrator Lance Dexter told MLive.com that John D. White will undergo a competency evaluation.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/08/mental-exam-will-delay-pastors-murder-case/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

Former friend of suspect in Rebekah Gay killing says John D. White was guilty of more than manslaughter in 1994 case
updated November 09, 2012 at 11:31 AM

MOUNT PLEASANT, MI — A Galesburg resident who was friends with John D. White, the man who stands accused of the Halloween slaying of Rebekah Gay inside her home near Mount Pleasant, says he is convinced the pastor is a killer.

Frederick Nicholl said he spent hours in the late 1980s and early 1990s riding in a truck cab with White, but broke all ties with him after White was charged with the Kalamazoo County killing of Vicki Wall, White's mistress, in 1994.

Nicholl said he met White after Nicholl got out of the U.S. Navy in 1984. Both men worked as long-haul truckers and served in the Navy.

Nicholl said he knew about the man's past but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

After White was sentenced to five to 10 years for the stabbing, White was released from prison in 1983 and placed on probation. He had won an appeal that amended the conviction to a charge of assault with intent to commit great bodily harm less than murder.

In the days-long trips that White and Nicholl took together on their truck routes, Nicholl said, his friend only once exhibited behavior that bordered on violent.

At a weigh station in Ohio, he said, White hurled slurs at a female Department of Transportation worker who was making him change a flat tire. Nicholl said he clearly remembers that exchange surprising him.

"Mostly he was a real gregarious, real easygoing guy," Nicholl said. "I never saw any behavior that would lead me to believe that he had done any of these things, except for that one incident."

White did, however, have an intimate knowledge of some of the less respectable stops along his route, Nicholl said.

"He was kind of a perv," he said. "He knew how to talk to all the prostitutes on the radio. He knew where all the seedy semi-truck stops were. All of his stories from the Navy had to do with ports of call and ladies of the night."

Around the time of Wall's disappearance, Nicholl said, White talked to him and another friend about suicide to spare his family the pain and embarrassment of another trial.

"He said it would be maybe a week or so, then his wife would have suicide letters she would hand out that would explain everything," Nicholl said.

The next night, he said, he spotted White riding his bicycle down the side of the road and his friend told him he was on his way to kill himself. Nicholl said when he arrived at White's home to check on his family, the man's wife asked if her husband was already dead and said she suspected he had killed someone.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/11/former_friend_of_rebekah_gay_m.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »

Son: White has split personality (VIDEO)
John White charged in Oct 31 murder of Rebekah Gay
Updated: Friday, 09 Nov 2012, 6:16 PM EST

John White's son Gabriel White spoke with Target 8 Friday about his father's violent past and what he called a split personality. Sometimes his father was John White, the pastor who helped his neighbors, Gabriel said. And sometimes, he said, his dad was a man named Jimmy, who was more aggressive.

"John was the good guy and Jimmy was the bad guy," Gabriel said.

Gabriel told Target 8 he doesn't know if it was John or Jimmy who killed Gay.

"I don't know. I think he had a mental snap," Gabriel.

But it's clear, Gabriel said, that something is wrong with his father:

"He knew that he was mentally sick, but he refused to engage it and tell people about it, accept help for it," said Gabriel.

At 17, Gabriel is the youngest of three children born to White and his ex-wife. He told Target 8 he learned about his father through stories told to him by his mother.

John White served two years in prison for stabbing a 17-year-old neighbor girl 15 times in 1980. Though critically

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/son-john-white-has-split-personality
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2012, 08:33:34 AM »

This case sickens me as much, or more, than any other case I can remember. Could be that it is because it is very close to my house. I just do not understand why this guy was not in prison. He was obviously evil.  Sadly, Michigan spends so much time arresting non violent criminals and jailing them, there is not room for the violent ones. Add to that the fact that way too many people here believe in "rehabilitation" instead of protection of the good people and it is a recipe for disaster.

Even my husband, who normally stays pretty quiet on these issues, was angry about this. He is shocked that this guy was walking among us.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.