March 29, 2024, 03:45:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hood County TX Couple gets 60 years for nearly starving baby to death  (Read 6145 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 03, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »

Just shocking, and the before picture makes my heart ache.  But look what a beautiful boy his is now!! 

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19990633/couple-gets-60-years-for-starving-baby
Couple gets 60 years for starving baby
November 2, 2012

HOOD COUNTY, Texas -

A young couple was sentenced to spend the next 60 years in prison for starving their baby boy nearly to death.

The evidence was overwhelming and it took the jury only 40 minutes to decide Justin and Brittany Alston were guilty.

Back in December of last year several teenagers attending a party at the Alstons' mobile home in rural Hood County overheard their 9-month-old son Riley crying.

The baby was emaciated and lying in urine, feces and vomit.

The teenagers called an adult who took the baby to the hospital. But the doctors who treated him weren't sure he'd survive.

Hood County District Attorney Robert Christian said Riley's parents may not have fed him for two months.

"Brittany told investigators when she was asked why she didn't feed this baby she said that she had other things to do, like getting the oil changed in the car," he said.
 ::snipping2::

Doctors had to feed Riley through an IV for some time because his little body wouldn't accept food.

He was ultimately placed in a foster home with his older sister and in just a few months he rebounded, fattening up the way a baby should.

"The foster mother is not a nurse. All she did was feed this baby," Christian said. "The only difference between the pictures is a few months and food."

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:46:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

OMG, that poor baby!   

So glad he was rescued, is safe and looks so happy now.

God bless those teenagers that surely saved his life!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »

OMG is right!!!!!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »

OMG, that poor baby!   

So glad he was rescued, is safe and looks so happy now.

God bless those teenagers that surely saved his life!   an angelic monkey

Those teenagers assuredly saved his life!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »

Here is a bit more of the story.  A 15 year old boy had more caring and sense about a baby's health and condition than the baby's own parents. It doesn't really matter at this point, but when I read teenagers called an adult for help, I assumed it was a couple of teen girls.  It turns out it was a boy. Kudos to Paul Fuller for raising his son to speak up when something is wrong and for helping get Riley the care he so desperately needed.  His son must have been absolutely horrified when he saw the baby.    

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19954660/opening-arguments-begin-in-starved-infants-death
Opening arguments begin in starving infant case
October 30, 2012

Riley Alston's emaciated body was found last December at his parents' home lying on a sheet covered in feces. Two teenagers who had come to the house for a party discovered the infant.

The 15-year old boy called his father for help because he's a paramedic. Paul Fuller persuaded the Riley's parents to let him take the baby to the hospital.

The 8-month-old, who according to his age should have weighed at least 18 pounds, weighed only 9 pounds when he arrived at the hospital. Fuller said Riley looked like he was 100 years old.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

I'm so proud of that kid.  What a sad sad story.  I just cannot imagine how people think this way...knowing a baby boy is lying in the next room starving to death. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.