April 26, 2024, 04:29:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Moore 16 year old, missing from Greenville, Tx. 11/2/2012(Body Found)  (Read 81999 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: November 06, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/11/06/police-search-for-missing-teenager/

Police Search For Missing Teenager
November 6, 2012 11:00 AM

GREENVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Greenville Police are searching for a teenage girl who has been missing since Friday, Nov. 2. Alicia Moore, 16, was last seen getting off a school bus last Friday afternoon at the corner of Bourland and Walnut streets, according to police chief Dan Busken.

At the time, Alicia was wearing a white shirt with a black undershirt, a green jacket, pink headband and black glasses. She was carrying an orange backpack with black straps with the initials “SFA” printed on it. Alicia was also wearing earrings and a necklace.

The teen is described as 5’1” tall and weighs 97 pounds. She has medium length black hair, black eyes, and wears braces.

Edit to add "body found" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:35:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/body-found-in-a-box-in-van-zandt-county-may-be-connected-to-disappearance-of-greenville-teen.html/

Body found in a box in Van Zandt County, may be connected to disappearance of Greenville teen

By Tasha Tsiaperas
ttsiaperas@dallasnews.com
5:15 pm on November 6, 2012 | Permalink

Law enforcement officers have not identified a body found in a box this afternoon in Van Zandt County.

The body was found inside a trunk off a bridge railing on FM 47 north of Wills Point. It was dropped sometime late last night or early this morning, said Van Zandt County Sheriff Pat Burnett.

He would not say whether the body is connected to the disappearance of 16-year-old Alicia Chanta Moore from Greenville. She was last seen getting off a school bus Friday afternoon.

“We can speculate all day, but there has been no identification at this time,” Burnett said.

A construction worker found the box, which wasn’t visible from the road.

“It wasn’t something you could see unless you were on the other side of the bridge railing,” Burnett said.

The body was sent to the Dallas County Medical Examiner, and the Texas Rangers are advising on the case.

Burnett said the incident has been declared a homicide. He did allude to the possibility that the body is female.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

The location is very near where Alicia disappeared from, hoping it isn't her.                                           

BREAKING  NEWS

Tuesday, Nov 6, 2012  |  Updated 3:45 PM CST

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Body-Found-in-Van-Zandt-County-177515561.html

Law enforcement officers are investigating a body that was found in Van Zandt county.

The body was found off the side of FM 47 near a bridge railing four miles north of the town of Wills Point.

Around noon a construction worker in the area found the body inside a trunk.

Sheriff Pat Burnett would not confirm the gender or exact age of the victim, but did say it was not an infant.

Burnett would not say if the manner of death was obvious to investigators, but he did say the body is in one piece inside the container.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »

I got a call from someone that passed by where the body was found today.  They were asking if I knew about the missing girl from Greenville, because when they asked what was going on when they got into town people were saying it was her.

Hope they're wrong, but regardless who it is...it's sad!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Body-Found-in-Van-Zandt-County-177515561.html

Body Found in Trunk Left on Roadway

By Greg Janda |  Tuesday, Nov 6, 2012  |  Updated 5:40 PM CST

Emergency crews are on the scene of a body that was found in a trunk in Van Zandt county.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20020789/body-dumped-in-rural-van-zandt-county

Body dumped in rural Van Zandt County

More Sharing ServicesShare

Posted: Nov 06, 2012 5:09 PM CST
Updated: Nov 06, 2012 5:10 PM CST
By: myfoxdfw.com Staff - email

VAN ZANDT COUNTY, Texas -
A body was found Tuesday along the side of a highway in a remote area of Van Zandt County.

The sheriff's department said it was dumped near Highway 47 about three or four miles north of Wills Point. A construction worker found it inside a furniture trunk.

The Texas Rangers are assisting in the investigation.

No information about the dead person's identity, gender or age was released.

The scene is about 40 miles away from Greenville, where police put out an alert about a 16-year-old girl who has been missing since last Friday.

Alicia Moore was last seen getting off her school bus near her home. The school district tried to trace her iPad, but it had been completely reset.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20020789/body-dumped-in-rural-van-zandt-county#ixzz2BUPhEMFq

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Body-found-in-trunk-in-Van-Zandt-County-177525691.html

Body found in trunk in Van Zandt County

WFAA
Posted on November 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Updated today at 5:28 PM

VAN ZANDT COUNTY -- A body was found in a storage-box-style trunk Tuesday along FM 47 four miles north of Wills Point.

Authorities are not releasing any more information about the deceased, but said reports the body is "that of an infant" are untrue and the body is "intact."

Alicia Chanta Moore, a 16-year-old Greenville girl, has been missing since she was seen exiting a school bus last Friday. News 8 spoke to the girl's family Tuesday afternoon and they said they have been asked for the girl's dental records, but stressed there has been no confirmation that the body in Wills Point is related.

The body will go to Dallas County Medical Examiner's officer for an autopsy.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »

More pictures from the scene at the link

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Body-found-in-trunk-in-Van-Zandt-County-177525691.html?gallery=y&img=1&c=y#/news/local/Body-found-in-trunk-in-Van-Zandt-County-177525691.html?gallery=y&img=2&c=y&c=y

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/alicia-chanta-moore-missing_n_2081892.html

David Lohr
david.lohr@huffingtonpost.com

Alicia Moore Missing: Texas Police Search For Schoolgirl Who Vanished After Exiting Bus
Posted: 11/06/2012 9:44 am EST Updated: 11/06/2012 9:44 am EST

Police in Texas are concerned for the safety of a Greenville teen who has been missing since last week.

The last confirmed sighting of 16-year-old Alicia Chanta Moore was Friday afternoon, when she got off the school bus. She was reported missing the following morning.

According to Greenville police Chief Dan Busken, officials at Greenville Independent School District have reviewed campus surveillance camera footage that shows Moore exit the school bus safely near her home at the corner of Bourland and Walnut streets at 3:25 p.m. Friday. What happened to the teen after her drop-off remains a mystery.

Authorities said they have interviewed Moore's friends and teachers. It's yet unclear what they learned from the interviews. The school district's technology department has also attempted to trace the location of Moore's school-issued iPad, however officials said the device has been reset.

Without knowing whether Alicia Moore ran away or was abducted, investigators say they must examine both possibilities simultaneously.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »

I got a call from someone that passed by where the body was found today.  They were asking if I knew about the missing girl from Greenville, because when they asked what was going on when they got into town people were saying it was her.

Just came over the local news, ABC WFAA 8........Its been reported body is that of a young African-American female   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x2082763879/Press-release-from-the-Greenville-Police-Department-concerning-body-found-in-Van-Zandt-County

November 6, 2012

Press release from the Greenville Police Department concerning body found in Van Zandt County

By BRAD KELLAR
Herald-Banner Staff

GREENVILLE — The Greenville Police Department was notified around Noon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, by the Texas Rangers that the body of an African American female was found by a road crew along FM 47 near Wills Point, in Van Zandt County, Texas.

A positive identification of the body has not been made.  The body is being transported to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office for identification.

The Greenville Police Department was notified because of a current investigation of a missing person, Alicia Chanta Moore, a 16-year old African American female who was reported missing on Friday, November 2, 2012.   Representatives with the Greenville Police Department met with Alicia Moore’s family and informed them that a body was discovered in Van Zandt County, but that a positive identification has not been made.

The Hunt County District Attorney, Van Zandt County District Attorney, Texas Rangers, Van Zandt County Sheriff’s Office and Greenville Police Department are conducting a joint investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »

Just came over the local news, ABC WFAA 8........Its been reported body is that of a young African-American female   

Thanks BabsKats, so sad.  And cruel.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with Alicia's family, after being notified of the body found today...the waiting must be horrible.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495004433853229&set=a.311146228905718.74372.212865135400495&type=1&relevant_count=1

Comments:

Shonda Hines-Humphrey Alicia attended my church with her grandmother. Very sweet young lady. Alicia we are all praying for your safe return home.
20 hours ago · Like · 5

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/11/06/texas-rangers-on-scene-after-human-body-discovered-in-trunk/

Sheriff’s would only say the body discovered was not that of an infant.

Late Tuesday afternoon the Greenville Police Department released a statement saying that they had been notified by Van Zandt officials about the discovery of the body of an African American female. Their notification is significant because officials in the city have been searching for a missing 16-year-old girl since Friday.  Alicia Chanta Moore was last seen getting off a school bus in Greenville, at the corner of Bourland and Walnut Streets.

After being called to Van Zandt County Greenville officials confirmed that they contacted Moore’s family to inform them tht a body had been discovered, but that no positive identification had been made.

The body was taken to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office and the trunk was transported to the Dallas Police Department Crime Lab.

The investigation has been turned over to the Texas Rangers.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »

Video

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20020789/body-dumped-in-rural-van-zandt-county
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/alicia.moore.12979

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »

Reading around on Facebook, a lot of people are very upset that Alicia did not have an Amber Alert or that even local people were not aware she was missing for days!

From my understanding the Herald Banner is a local newspaper!

I just hope they had good reason for the delay in getting the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/HeraldBanner

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486206658085732&set=a.172505836122484.43097.102514356454966&type=1

Herald-Banner Everybody is hoping she returns home safely! As for the paper's reporting, we didn't hear about it until this morning. We don't want to spread rumors without verifying them first, which is why we called the police to get their take on it. All the fake photos from Hurricane Sandy are a perfect example of how falsehoods can quickly spread on Facebook, so we try not to report stories based on "we heard on Facebook" or "I heard from so-and-so" or "word on the street is ..." just to get a story out quickly. In this case, we reported the facts just as fast as we could verify them with the police. I think Brad did exactly what a reporter should do: check the facts first, and report them ASAP. — Derek Price, editor
Yesterday at 6:34pm · Like · 19

Jessica Nicole Byrd im the auntie...search party tomorrow morning at 7
23 hours ago · Like · 3

Jessica Nicole Byrd address to meet at 1900 Gibbons Street
23 hours ago · Like

Jessica Nicole Byrd Brad or who ever did this story please call or fb me i am the auntie who been searching day and night and following leads since friday night its a lot in this article need to.be corrected
13 hours ago · Like · 3

Herald-Banner Jessica, Brad will be calling you today for a follow-up story. I'm not sure if he's at the office yet (we're all going to be working 'til midnight or later for the election tonight) ... but I sent him an e-mail letting him know you posted the comment here. We definitely want to follow up with more details on this story, so he'll be calling you. - Derek Price, editor
9 hours ago · Like

Jessica Nicole Byrd The police dont feel like she been kidnapped so she.dont qualify for.amber alert
8 hours ago · Like

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.n.byrd.5

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »

Oh gosh, I just got so choked up!  It hit me like a hammer (more than usual) that there is that poor little girl right before her death because I am sure it's her.  Sometimes I just feel like there are some people that get better treatment on their cases than others.  Maybe she was considered a runaway before, I don't know but to say no Amber Alert because they didn't consider her as kidnapped?  I don't know, I just feel like she was pushed to the side and thrown away.  She mattered and someone loved her, I hope so anyway.  There are so many little ones treated so bad and have never felt love that it just makes my insides turn and my heart breaks for them.  How does someone get to the point that they can look a child in the face and take the last breath from them?  I promise you I will never understand!  Let's ask Ms. Anthony about it, shall we.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.