April 28, 2024, 10:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Moore 16 year old, missing from Greenville, Tx. 11/2/2012(Body Found)  (Read 82005 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »

just cant believe how many missing persons/kids since my last log in

the school-issued iPad, being reset is not good, im hoping the school
has an auto update of drive to a cloud

where the body was found
http://goo.gl/maps/g9XtH

Alicia Chanta Moore ,bus stop
Bourland and Walnut streets greenville tx
http://goo.gl/maps/gvGgc

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »

Press release from the Greenville Police Department concerning body found in Van Zandt County
November 6, 2012
By BRAD KELLAR Herald-Banner Staff
 ::snipping2::
GREENVILLE — The Greenville Police Department was notified around Noon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, by the Texas Rangers that the body of an African American female was found by a road crew along FM 47 near Wills Point, in Van Zandt County, Texas.
A positive identification of the body has not been made.  The body is being transported to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office for identification.
http://heraldbanner.com/local/x2082763879/Press-release-from-the-Greenville-Police-Department-concerning-body-found-in-Van-Zandt-County

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:13 PM »

Reading around on Facebook, a lot of people are very upset that Alicia did not have an Amber Alert or that even local people were not aware she was missing for days!

From my understanding the Herald Banner is a local newspaper!

I just hope they had good reason for the delay in getting the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/HeraldBanner

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486206658085732&set=a.172505836122484.43097.102514356454966&type=1

Herald-Banner Everybody is hoping she returns home safely! As for the paper's reporting, we didn't hear about it until this morning. We don't want to spread rumors without verifying them first, which is why we called the police to get their take on it. All the fake photos from Hurricane Sandy are a perfect example of how falsehoods can quickly spread on Facebook, so we try not to report stories based on "we heard on Facebook" or "I heard from so-and-so" or "word on the street is ..." just to get a story out quickly. In this case, we reported the facts just as fast as we could verify them with the police. I think Brad did exactly what a reporter should do: check the facts first, and report them ASAP. — Derek Price, editor
Yesterday at 6:34pm · Like · 19

Jessica Nicole Byrd im the auntie...search party tomorrow morning at 7
23 hours ago · Like · 3

Jessica Nicole Byrd address to meet at 1900 Gibbons Street
23 hours ago · Like

Jessica Nicole Byrd Brad or who ever did this story please call or fb me i am the auntie who been searching day and night and following leads since friday night its a lot in this article need to.be corrected
13 hours ago · Like · 3

Herald-Banner Jessica, Brad will be calling you today for a follow-up story. I'm not sure if he's at the office yet (we're all going to be working 'til midnight or later for the election tonight) ... but I sent him an e-mail letting him know you posted the comment here. We definitely want to follow up with more details on this story, so he'll be calling you. - Derek Price, editor
9 hours ago · Like

Jessica Nicole Byrd The police dont feel like she been kidnapped so she.dont qualify for.amber alert
8 hours ago · Like

I had seen news over the weekend on a local station about her being missing but wasn't able to find anything on line till this evening.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.n.byrd.5/posts/10152232793170015

Jessica Nicole Byrd
about an hour ago near Greenville, TX via mobile
Thank you all for the prayers and support from you all .right now to set the record straight we want know if its her until tomorrow !!!!!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »

The only family info I've seen is what the aunt posted on her FB wall.  She said over the weekend that an investigator would be assigned to the case on Monday, and there was another comment that imo sounded like the police weren't really doing much until then.  The aunt made up fliers and was tracking down the kids that are seen in the picture of Alicia on the bus; she was also organizing searches in Alicia's neighborhood.

That's scary imo, I just don't understand why they would have to wait that long!

She got off the bus at 3:25pm on Friday.

She's 16 years old!

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.n.byrd.5/posts/10152222195945015

Jessica Nicole Byrd
November 2 at 8:45pm via mobile ·
If u all seen my niece...please call me (edit) xxx xxx xxxx

Elaina Harrison hey did yall find her
Saturday at 12:10am

Jessica Nicole Byrd No
Saturday at 12:16am via mobile

Elaina Harrison have yall calld the police
Saturday at 12:17am

Elaina Harrison my son just came in here and askd me
Saturday at 12:17am

Jessica Nicole Byrd Yep
Saturday at 12:18am via mobile

Jessica Nicole Byrd Havent heard or seen her
Saturday at 12:18am via mobile

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.n.byrd.5/posts/10152223736435015

Jessica Nicole Byrd Idk..case want get assign to an investigate until Monday
Saturday at 6:35pm via mobile

Jessica Nicole Byrd Police want get involved to Monday when investigator get assign to a case
Saturday at 6:54pm via mobile

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:48 PM »

http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x880890646/BREAKING-Conflicting-reports-concerning-Alicia-Moore-at-this-hour

November 7, 2012

BREAKING: Body from Van Zandt County confirmed as Alicia Moore

By BRAD KELLAR
 Herald-Banner Staff The Herald-Banner Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:57 AM CST

GREENVILLE — The Greenville Police Department has confirmed that the body found Tuesday in Van Zandt County is that of missing Greenville teenager Alicia Moore.

Family members were notified moments ago.

A news conference has been scheduled for 2 p.m. today.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »

Crying or Very sad

Rest in peace Alicia  an angelic monkey

I hope they find who did this quickly and that justice will be served.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »

Crying or Very sad

Rest in peace Alicia  an angelic monkey

I hope they find who did this quickly and that justice will be served.

I agree texasmom.  Her case appeared to be treated as if she were a runaway.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

Rest in peace, dear child.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »

when i read yesterday,the body was a black female,i was pretty sure
sad
 an angelic monkey

BREAKING: Body from Van Zandt County confirmed as Alicia Moore
November 7, 2012
Incident ruled a homicide
By Brad Kellar and Caleb Slinkard Herald-Banner Staff
At a press conference held at the Greenville Police Department this afternoon, GPD Chief of Police Dan Busken released few details. He did confirm that the incident has been classified as a homicide and Moore's body did have signs of trauma. GPD is waiting on a full autopsy report before they can release cause of death. Busken could not confirm that Moore's body was found in a tool box, although he did say that a box was a key part of the investigation.

Friends and family members expressed disappointment with the speed at which GPD handled the investigation. Moore was initially reported missing Friday evening. Busken could not confirm that Moore was abducted or that she knew her alleged attacker, either personally or via social networks.
http://heraldbanner.com/breakingnews/x880890646/BREAKING-Conflicting-reports-concerning-Alicia-Moore-at-this-hour

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »

Statement issued from Greenville Independent School District concerning Alicia Moore
November 7, 2012
GREENVILLE — The Greenville Independent School District is issuing the following notice to parents, concerning the disappearance and death of Alicia Moore, a student at Greenville high School:
more
http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x2082765056/Statement-issued-from-Greenville-Independent-School-District-concerning-Alicia-Moore

NOTES: What was said in the press conference
November 7, 2012
By DEREK PRICE Herald-Banner Staff
GREENVILLE — The following are notes from Wednesday's press conference about the murder of Greenville teenager Alicia Moore:
Why Amber Alert not issued: "There are specific criteria that must be met to activate an Amber Alert. At no time were those criteria met. We have already received numerous tips from the community and appreciate the support we have received so far. We encourage anyone to contact the Greenville Police Department at 903-457-2900 or contact CrimeStoppers at 903-457-2929."
more
http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x1501151614/NOTES-What-was-said-in-the-press-conference

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 07:37:10 PM »

I missed the first part of the press conference today, but I did see some of it.  I came in where the police officer was talking about the Amber Alert criteria, and I saw the members of Alicia's family speak.

Just from what I've gathered I think Alicia must have lived in the same home with her Aunt that was at the press conference (and possible her grandmother?).  It was stated that Alicia never made it home after she got off the bus on Friday afternoon.  Alicia's aunt also said that Alicia normally stayed after school for the ACE program and usually didn't get home until about 7:30 pm; so they weren't concerned until after that late bus didn't bring Alicia home.  It was also said that Alicia's uncle is home all day.  Maybe I'm just jaded from all the cases I've followed, but that point has been on my mind all afternoon.  If Alicia wasn't expected home at 3:25, did she walk in on something that would have caused someone to hurt her to keep her quiet?  After that statement, I tried to see if I could tell if he (the uncle, husband of the aunt that spoke...I've seen him in pictures on her FB) was at the press conference.  A male friend of the family spoke with Alicia's aunt, and another woman that is a close friend of the family spoke.  I didn't see another man sitting where the family was sitting, he may have been there and I missed him.  I'm going to try to look at pictures and see if I can see him with the family. 

From what I've read the distance Alicia had to walk after the bus dropped her off is half a block (per the statement from the school spokesperson from the press conference) and I've also read a block.  I know things can happen in that distance.  If I've been looking at the right area on Google maps it doesn't look like a horrible neighborhood, there were kids riding bikes etc.  I think someone would have seen someone grab her, surely there would have been some kind of commotion...her screaming???

Unless Alicia has a side that I haven't seen yet, I just don't see her meeting someone in that short distance and leaving with them.  She just doesn't seem like the type to me just from the little I've seen and read about her. 

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cade.b.smith/posts/542211645793870

Cade Brenton Smith
6 minutes ago near Cash, TX ·
Ok now people were talking about Alicia Moore all over everywhere now at first I thought to myself " I don't even know her" next thing I know I see the page for her on here I saw her pic and I remembered last week on MeetMe I talked to her and said she was a very cool person and I was shocked that it was her I ment what I said Alica I did
2 people like this.

Cade Brenton Smith I am scared now its kinda eerie
about a minute ago via mobile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.meetme.com/

http://help.meetme.com/category/general/

What is MeetMe?
MeetMe is, simply put, where friends meet! MeetMe uses an array of social discovery applications in order to connect you to our incredible and friendly members, making us the best place to make friends and meet new people near you!

What can I do here?
MeetMe is different from other social networks. On MeetMe, you can:

Browse Locals  to meet great people near you
Find out what everyone's up to in the Feed
Video chat and play games with new friends in Live
Earn Lunch Money playing dozens of Games 
And play many more social games!

So, jump right in, set up your Profile, and find some new friends in your area with Browse People !

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/website-reviews/meetme

MeetMe
http://www.meetme.com/

Common Sense Media says
Creepy social network features racy photos, suggestive talk.

What parents need to know
Parents need to know that kids who enter an age during registration that's under 13 will be blocked from registering. Teens 13 and older have to enter a first and last name, e-mail, date of birth, gender and zip code to register. Profiles on the site are very public, unless users opt to make them private; and the site activities were designed to encourage meeting new people.

What kids can learn
Meet Me wasn't created with educational intent, and we don't recommend it for learning.

Skills
Communication: conveying messages effectively, friendship building
Tech Skills: evaluating media messages, social media

What's it about?
Teens will find plenty of ways to make new acquaintances on Meet Me; users can video chat, IM or e-mail each other. However, since users range in age from 13 to 40-plus, including people in or near your zip code, parents may not be thrilled about their child’s new social status. The site's focus on meeting potential dates, who are also complete strangers--coupled with the fact profile pictures contain men and women in their underwear and users downing alcohol -- makes Meet Me a pretty inappropriate social networking choice for teens.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »

http://www.change.org/petitions/changes-to-the-amber-law-make-it-easier-to-begin-an-amber-alert-for-teenagers

Petitioning The President of the United States
Changes to the Amber Law: Make it easier to begin an Amber Alert for teenagers,

Petition by
Shannon Ross
Greenville, TX

Petition Letter

Whom it may concern,

The way things are set up now, it is virtually impossible to begin an Amber Alert for a teenager, because they are suspected to be run aways, or just late.As stated:AMBER Alerts are only used for the most serious child abduction cases, when authorities believe a child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death, not for runaways or many parental abductions I think there should be a law put into place for the public to be alerted for EVERY missing person, so people can search for them sooner, and not have to find them deceased. I would rather have runaways searched for in vain, than to not search at all.Thank you for looking into this matter. Too many teens have been found dead.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Body-found-in-trunk-in-Van-Zandt-County-177525691.html

Greenville teen's family questions police response

by REBECCA LOPEZ and STEVE STOLER
WFAA
Posted on November 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Updated today at 8:22 PM

Video

VAN ZANDT COUNTY — A body found in a storage-box-style trunk Tuesday along FM 47 near wills Point has been identified as a 16-year-old teen reported missing by her family Friday in Greenville.

Greenville police confirmed Tuesday the body was an African-American female. On
Wednesday morning, the body was identified as Alicia Chanta Moore, who was last seen as she exited a school bus Friday afternoon in Greenville.

Police did not issue a picture of the teen until Monday afternoon, the day before her body was found.

"Early on, we had only limited time and only a certain amount of information that we had to deal with," said Greenville Police Chief Daniel Busken. "Even, until now, we aren't sure Alicia was abducted."

The body was discovered by construction workers Tuesday morning, four miles north of Wills Point. According to Van Zandt County Sheriff Pat Burnett, the remains had not been there long.

The Texas Rangers, the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office, the Greenville Police Department, the Hunt County District Attorney and the Van Zandt County District Attorney are conducting a joint investigation.

The family showed up to an afternoon news conference at the Greenville Police Department on Wendesday. They watched as Chief Busken tried to explain why his department took three days to issue any kind of a missing person's alert.

The chief says no Amber Alert was issued because the department was not sure Alicia had left on her own accord or if she was kidnapped. In order to issue an alert, the department must know the victim was taken without consent and is in danger.

Nevertheless, the family is upset about the police response.

"If they had stepped it up and given us support and given information to other counties, I feel my niece would be here today," said Byrd. "If somebody is missing and the family is crying, then you need to step it up."

Her family described Alicia as shy and quiet. She usually got off the bus around 3:25 p.m. Security cameras on board the bus captured Alicia exiting the bus on Friday, but she never made it home.

Protesters showed up outside the police department Wednesday to support the family. They, too, believe more could have been done to prevent her death.
Email rlopez@wfaa.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »

I wonder if the woman in red is Alicia's mother...she looks so much like Alicia imo.  The woman in the cap said she was a close friend of Alicia's mother "Letha" and I got the impression from her that Alicia's mother was there.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »

Justice for Alicia!   ::justice2NJ::

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 06:08:33 AM »

The police said they didn't know if Alicia had left on her own or was kidnapped.
Since they didn't 'know' one way or the other - they must ALWAYS act for the child, imo.
Sick and tired of hearing excuses after the youngster is dead.

R.I.P. Alicia.   an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »

The police said they didn't know if Alicia had left on her own or was kidnapped.
Since they didn't 'know' one way or the other - they must ALWAYS act for the child, imo.
Sick and tired of hearing excuses after the youngster is dead.

R.I.P. Alicia.   an angelic monkey
I totally agree can!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.