April 27, 2024, 01:35:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Moore 16 year old, missing from Greenville, Tx. 11/2/2012(Body Found)  (Read 82003 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »

This is beyond sickening.

It is about everybody else

WHAT ABOUT ALICIA?????

not sorry for shouting!

Yep.  It's like she's being considered even less than an after thought...  Justice for Alicia has become lost in all the other stuff.  It's sad.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2015, 12:44:39 AM »

This is beyond sickening.

It is about everybody else

WHAT ABOUT ALICIA?????

not sorry for shouting!

Yep.  It's like she's being considered even less than an after thought...  Justice for Alicia has become lost in all the other stuff.  It's sad.   

I agree.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2015, 12:57:48 AM »

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/trial-set-for-suspect-in-death-of-alicia-moore/article_9b69c130-eabf-11e4-ae71-0ff0a7a7bc13.html

Trial set for suspect in death of Alicia Moore

Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 3:20 pm | Updated: 3:46 pm, Fri Apr 24, 2015.
Brad Kellar Herald-Banner

CANTON — Trial is scheduled early next month for Michael Moore, the suspect charged with capital murder in connection with the 2012 death of Alicia Moore of Greenville.

Michael Moore, the uncle of Alicia Moore, was arrested May 6, 2013 and has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty as a punishment in the case. Therefore, if Michael Moore is convicted of capital murder, he would automatically be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Following a meeting in the 294th District Court this morning, jury selection in the case was set for May 4, with opening arguments and the start of testimony scheduled for May 5, according to Jessica Byrd, Alicia Moore's aunt.

Investigators took DNA samples from Moore’s family members, which along with additional evidence reportedly implicated Michael Moore in the murder.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2015, 12:10:44 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/story/28969101/trial-set-for-the-murder-of-a-missing-greenville-girl
Trial set for the murder of a missing Greenville girl
May 4, 2015

A man goes on trial this week for the murder of his mentally challenged 16-year-old great niece.

The body of Alicia Moore of Greenville was found in a trunk on the side of a road about 100 miles away in Van Zandt County more than two years ago.

Prosecutors charged Michael Moore with the sexual assault and murder of the girl. They said DNA ties him to the murder.

They are not seeking the death penalty, so a conviction would mean an automatic life prison term.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/story/28969101/trial-set-for-the-murder-of-a-missing-greenville-girl

Murder trial begins for Greenville teen's great uncle

Posted: May 04, 2015 8:45 AM CDT
Updated: May 05, 2015 12:45 PM CDT
By: fox4news.com Staff

Testimony began Tuesday in the trial of a man accused of murdering his mentally challenged great niece.

Michael Moore pleaded not guilty to charges of sexual assault and murder.

Prosecutors say DNA and other evidence ties him to the death of Alicia Moore, whose body was found in a trunk on the side of a road in Van Zandt County more than two years ago.

According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Alicia told her best friend she was going somewhere with her uncle before she disappeared.

The court documents say a DNA sample from Moore matches the rape kit samples taken from Alicia's body. And, traces of animal hair found in the truck where her body was discovered may be linked to a dog found in Moore's backyard.

Prosecutors also plan to argue Moore is guilty because he didn't use his phone for an extended period around the time Alicia was killed on November 4, 2012. He began using it again the next day, around the time her body was left in the trunk.

But defense attorneys said Moore is gay. They claimed evidence in the case was planted.

They had Alicia's aunt confirm that her family called police for help because the teen had being engaging in repeated sex with multiple older men.

Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty at the family's request, so a conviction would mean an automatic life prison term.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/08/alicia-moores-uncle-sentenced-to-life-for-her-murder/27007245/

Alicia Moore's uncle sentenced to life for her murder
Josh Davis, WFAA 5:13 p.m. CDT May 8, 2015

GREENVILLE – The uncle of Alicia Moore will spend the rest of his life in prison for the 2012 murder of his 16-year-old niece.

Michael Moore was found guilty of capital murder in Van Zandt County Court and was sentenced to life in prison without parole, as prosecutors weren't seeking the death penalty.

Alicia Moore disappeared in Greenville in November 2012 after walking off of her school bus. She told a friend that she was going with her great uncle on a trip to Paris, Texas to meet a guy.

The arrest warrant later revealed Michael Moore was the only family member unaccounted for and his cell phone was "pinging" in Greenville on the day of the girl's disappearance, despite telling investigators his truck had broken down and he had been in Grand Prairie all day.

Days later, Alicia Moore was later found murdered in a trunk by the side of the highway in Wills Point, 40 miles away from where she went missing.

Tuesday, prosecutors described the scene to jurors.

"They found her lifeless body in that trunk," a prosecutor said. "She was strangled around her itty, bitty neck, and she was nude."

In February 2013, News 8 interviewed Michael Moore as he decorated cupcakes for a vigil on the girl's birthday.

"No one's been caught yet," Michael Moore said at the time. "We're still waiting for answers. And that's really hard on us."

Four months after her death, with no suspect in custody, he said it was time to "move on."

"It hurts sometimes, but I'm over it now, and it's time to rejoice," Moore said. "You know, you've got to get over it and move on."

Michael Moore was arrested in May 2013 though investigators had known since January that year that his DNA was found on her body, according to the warrant. Prosecutors said this week DNA extracted from the girl's body matched her uncle.

Testimony in the trial began Tuesday. The jury received the case and returned a guilty verdict within hours Friday.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2015, 10:28:30 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/08/alicia-moores-uncle-sentenced-to-life-for-her-murder/27007245/

Alicia Moore's uncle sentenced to life for her murder
Josh Davis, WFAA 5:13 p.m. CDT May 8, 2015

GREENVILLE – The uncle of Alicia Moore will spend the rest of his life in prison for the 2012 murder of his 16-year-old niece.

Michael Moore was found guilty of capital murder in Van Zandt County Court and was sentenced to life in prison without parole, as prosecutors weren't seeking the death penalty.

Alicia Moore disappeared in Greenville in November 2012 after walking off of her school bus. She told a friend that she was going with her great uncle on a trip to Paris, Texas to meet a guy.

The arrest warrant later revealed Michael Moore was the only family member unaccounted for and his cell phone was "pinging" in Greenville on the day of the girl's disappearance, despite telling investigators his truck had broken down and he had been in Grand Prairie all day.

Days later, Alicia Moore was later found murdered in a trunk by the side of the highway in Wills Point, 40 miles away from where she went missing.

Tuesday, prosecutors described the scene to jurors.

"They found her lifeless body in that trunk," a prosecutor said. "She was strangled around her itty, bitty neck, and she was nude."

In February 2013, News 8 interviewed Michael Moore as he decorated cupcakes for a vigil on the girl's birthday.

"No one's been caught yet," Michael Moore said at the time. "We're still waiting for answers. And that's really hard on us."

Four months after her death, with no suspect in custody, he said it was time to "move on."

"It hurts sometimes, but I'm over it now, and it's time to rejoice," Moore said. "You know, you've got to get over it and move on."

Michael Moore was arrested in May 2013 though investigators had known since January that year that his DNA was found on her body, according to the warrant. Prosecutors said this week DNA extracted from the girl's body matched her uncle.

Testimony in the trial began Tuesday. The jury received the case and returned a guilty verdict within hours Friday.

BBM

Yep, move on the life in prison you POS!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »

Time for Michael Moore to move on to prison with life without parole   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.