April 19, 2024, 02:58:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Session is covering a DV case West Virginia v. Ethan Chic-Colbert  (Read 4018 times)
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« on: November 19, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

Today and this week TruTV is showing In Session is covering a DV case West Virginia v. Ethan Chic-Colbert there are a TON of comments blaming the mother. Her youngest baby's father chose to beat her on a highway. Dragged her from the car beat her into unconsciousness and the 11 yr old tried to stop traffic to help his mother and he was killed. The perp ran away after her pummeled the mom in the fast lane, kicking her in the head.

I am appalled at the victim blaming going on. I was on this am and am very glad In Session has recently been choosing to show DV cases but many who watch this show are clueless.

Can you help me out on commenting on the destructive comments. The mother was brave enough to have this case put on TV and be interviewed. She has lost a child and still faces family court with the father of her youngest.

So many are blaming her for choosing to be beat. I feel like I'm losing the battle. Can any of you help in educating these obviously clueless viewers.

Please feel free to chime in.

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »

Cherry, I read some of the comments and to be honest, I don't think reasoning will get through to most of the commentors.  It is not a place to try and reason with people, JMO.
It is a very tragic story, particularly with the death of that young child.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.