April 25, 2024, 05:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NH police search for mom accused of abusing 3-year-old(ARRESTED)  (Read 10281 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« on: November 21, 2012, 07:52:10 AM »

NH police search for mom accused of abusing 3-year-old
November 20, 2012, 8:06 am

(NECN: Justin Michaels, Plaistow, N.H.) - A 3-year-old boy continues to recover from a head injury at Exeter Hospital in New Hampshire, as police continue searching for the little boy's mother and her boyfriend.

Plaistow Police believe the couple - Jessica Linscott, 23, and Roland Dow, 27 - caused the little boy's head injury.

Last Wednesday, Linscott took her toddler son to the hospital with extreme injuries, which have left the little boy visually impaired.

"Her claim is that she didn't do anything to the child. That's what she's stating. And that all the injuries were self-inflicted," Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin said.

::snipping2::

"Significant or critical injuries to the head, which were life threatening. Burns on the arms and hands. And bruises all over the body which were old and new," he said.

"They're both accountable for this. Regardless. How much magnitude they play in it, they're both accountable for this."

Police are asking for the public's help in finding Linscott and Dow. Officers believe someone is hiding them. That person could face aiding and abetting charges.

http://www.necn.com/11/20/12/NH-police-search-for-mom-accused-of-abus/landing.html?blockID=804149&feedID=11106

Edit to add "arrested" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:15:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »

Police Seek Couple on the Run After Tot Burned and Bruised
The boy reportedly suffered injuries to the head that influenced his ability to see.
5:58 am
(November 21)

Police extended their search into Massachusetts on Tuesday seeking a Plaistow, NH couple accused of abusing a 3-year-old child.

The child's mother, Jessica Linscott, 23, and her boyfriend, Roland Dow, 27, have apparently been seen locally.

Lt. William Baldwin of the Plaistow Police Department told WMUR-TV 9 in Manchester, NH, that Linscott and Dow have been seen in places as far away as Swampscott.

The Manchester (NH) Union Leader reported that the 3-year-old's grandmother, Helen Nicholson, of Melrose, Mass., does not think authorities will find the couple.

Nicholson said her son, who died two years ago, was the boy's father. She also told the newspaper that Linscott and Dow "have been dating for about a year and that James was often left with her or Linscott's mother."

http://swampscott.patch.com/articles/police-seeking-couple-on-the-run-after-tot-burned-and-beaten
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »

Injured boy's grandma: I warned mom about abusive boyfriend
Police searching for Jessica Linscott, Roland Dow
 UPDATED 9:31 PM EST Nov 20, 2012

PLAISTOW, N.H. —
The grandmother of a boy dropped off at a hospital with life-threatening injuries, including bruises and burns all over his body, said she warned the child's mother that a boyfriend may be abusing the child.

"There were significant second-degree burns on the child, on the arms and the wrist injury. You could see that visibly," said Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin. "There was a significant amount of bruising on the body, all over the body -- some new, some old."

Doctors say the injuries may leave James blind.

The boy's paternal grandmother, Helen Nicholson, said James was afraid of Dow.

"He told me Roland was hitting him in the head and the bum. I called the family, and they called DSS," Nicholson said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-north/Injured-boy-s-grandma-I-warned-mom-about-abusive-boyfriend/-/11984708/17491308/-/bcvhv5z/-/index.html#ixzz2CrREb5c9
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »

Police swarm Haverhill building searching for couple in abuse case
Police searching for Jessica Linscott, Roland Dow
 UPDATED 6:48 AM EST Nov 21, 2012

HAVERHILL, Mass. —
Police are tracking new clues in the hunt for a New Hampshire couple wanted in connection with the abuse of a young boy who was dropped off at a hospital last week.

Haverhill police descended on a building on Nichols Street after getting credible tips that Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend Roland Dow were spotted in the city.

"The rumors around the streets are that she's trying to get out of Dodge," one resident said. "They surrounded my building earlier and thought maybe she was here and asked my neighbors to search around their houses and apartments."

"We searched the building that they were supposed to be in and they were not in there," Haverhill Police Department Capt. Alan Ratte said

The boy's paternal grandmother, Helen Nicholson, said her grandson is improving and is out of intensive care.

"The last time the baby told me that Roland hit him, I told Jessica: 'You better not bring him back to Roland's house. There will be a problem because he is horrified,'" she said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-north/Police-swarm-Haverhill-building-searching-for-couple-in-abuse-case/-/11984708/17497948/-/140pcebz/-/index.html#ixzz2CrSGMBBZ
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »

NH child abuse victim's grandmother speaks out
November 21, 2012, 5:54 pm

(NECN: Lauren Collins, Plaistow, NH) - Helen Nicholson is very thankful Wednesday night.

"He's very tired. He's playing. He may be home this weekend," she says of her 3-year-old grandson James. He's still hospitalized as authorities continue to look for the Plaistow, NH pair charged in his abuse; his mother, 23-year-old Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend 27-year-old Roland Dow. 
Nicholson hasn't heard from the pair and she hasn't seen James in nearly a month. She went to visit him at the apartment Dow and Linscott share, but had to stay outside at Dow's request. 

"So I got to give (James) a big kiss and a hug to say good bye. He didn't want to let go. He was crying."

Authorities in New Hampshire have upgraded charges against Dow:  first and second degree assault in addition to five counts of child endangerment. Police allege he burned the boy's wrists and fingers and hit the child hard enough to cause seizures and vision loss. Weeks went by before he or Linscott sought help.  She is charged with six counts of child endangerment.

"Jessica and Roland can no longer ever see the baby again," says Nicholson, adding.  "That makes me feel wonderful."

http://www.necn.com/11/21/12/NH-child-abuse-victims-grandmother-speak/landing.html?blockID=804799&feedID=11106
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »

This is just horrible, that poor baby!   

I hope they catch them both soon!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »

http://exeter.patch.com/articles/roland-dow-jessica-linscott-reportedly-seen-in-mass

Roland Dow, Jessica Linscott Reportedly Seen in Mass.
Dow allegedly burned Linscott's son, who is in serious condition.
By Jason Claffey Email the author 10:30 am (11/22/2012)

A Plaistow couple on the run from police for allegedly battering, burning and endangering a 3-year-old was reportedly seen in Lynn on Wednesday night.

Police received a tip that Jessica Linscott, 23 — the mother of the boy — and her boyfriend, Roland Dow, 27, were seen in a car at Honey Dew Donuts on Western Avenue in Lynn.

NECN reported that Lynn police issued an alert that the couple might be riding in a red, late-90s Volvo with green bumper stickers and a luggage rack.

Police said earlier that the couple may have been seen in Swampscott on Tuesday.

James is in now stable condition at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.

On Wednesday, Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams demanded that Dow and Linscott turn themselves in.

"No matter where you go, (police) are going to find you," Reams said at a news conference at Rockingham County Superior Court in Brentwood Wednesday. "Surrender yourselves."

Linscott is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and neglect.

Reams said the pair are likely traveling in a car and may have people helping them avoid capture. He said he has no reason to believe Dow is holding Linscott against her will.

The 3-year-old's grandmother, Helen Nicholson, of Melrose, Mass., told the Manchester Union-Leader newspaper that her son, who died two years ago, was the boy's father.

She also told the newspaper that Linscott and Dow "have been dating for about a year and that James was often left with her or Linscott's mother."

Anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts is asked to call Plaistow police at 603-382-6816.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »

Cops seek more tips on fugitive N.H. couple

By Christine McConville
Friday, November 23, 2012 - Updated 8 hours ago

Investigators have been inundated with tips from the public regarding a fugitive couple wanted in connection with the horrific case of a battered New Hampshire toddler, authorities said last night.

“Tips have been in the hundreds,” Rockingham County Attorney James Reams said. “Need them to keep coming.”

The fugitive couple, who tipsters claim to have spotted at North Shore coffee shops and gas stations, have managed to evade authorities so far.

“So many people are looking for them, they can’t hide out for long,” the little boy’s anguished paternal grandfather said.

Paul Nicholson’s son — James’ father — died two years ago from an overdose.

“After I lost my son, Jessica just kind of disappeared, and didn’t call nobody. She changed her number,” he said.

When she resurfaced last year, Dow was always by her side, he added.

“James was at my ex-wife’s house last week, and when his mother came to pick him up, he hid. He was saying, ‘I don’t want to go.’ It was kind of weird, but we didn’t check him out, or take off his clothes and look at his body. Now I wish we did.”

Little James, though, is getting better and stronger, Nicholson said.

“His eyesight has come back, almost 100 percent, and he’ll get out of the hospital soon,” said Nicholson, who can’t fathom how the child he loves could have been injured so badly.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061176733&srvc=rss

-----------

So glad to hear that James is doing better and it's looking like his eye sight will come back.

I'm in another part of MA and it makes me want to go there and drive around and try to find them. I can't believe the two are bright enough to elude police if it seems like sightings of them are popping up everywhere.. I hate the people that are helping them.

It also looks like Roland has the worst of the charges and I feel she should be just as responsible as him for allowing this to happen to James (if she didn't take part herself even... I wonder if they are under charging her now in hopes she will turn herself in?)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 12:56:03 AM »

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/20221123tots_tragic_life_could_turn_for_best/

Tot’s tragic life could turn for best

By Peter Gelzinis
Friday, November 23, 2012 - Updated 9 hours ago

If little James Nicholson has anything to be thankful for this weekend, it’s that his mother has abruptly removed herself from his life ... along with her deadbeat boyfriend.

This boy was barely 3 months old when he lost his father to a drug overdose. Less than a week ago, the 23-year-old woman who brought James into this world dumped him off in the emergency room of a New Hampshire hospital.

Apparently Jessica Linscott stuck around just long enough to tell doctors that the burns and bruises that desecrated her son’s tiny body were “self-inflicted.”

She and her 27-year-old boyfriend, Roland Dow — the two faces on that wanted poster now making its way through New England — did not wait for the sickened physicians to act on their skepticism and call police.

This pair of sad sacks have been on the lam for the better part of a week.

The saddest part of this story is realizing that the violence 3-year-old James Nicholson endured last week, the ghastly abuse that put him in an intensive care unit, could hardly have been the first such torment he’s suffered.

The other night, I watched a woman identified as Helen Nicholson, little James’ paternal grandmother, trying to dab away her tears before a TV news camera.

“How could they do this to my baby’s baby?” she cried. How indeed?

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving, one longed to believe that great things are in store for this little boy. There is a famous line in “David Copperfield” about the best steel having to go through the fire.

Little James Nicholson has already gone through the fire. Let’s hope that fate blesses James Nicholson from now on and that the people who subjected him to that terrible fire will soon be made to answer for their awful sins.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »

Cops seek more tips on fugitive N.H. couple

By Christine McConville
Friday, November 23, 2012 - Updated 8 hours ago

Investigators have been inundated with tips from the public regarding a fugitive couple wanted in connection with the horrific case of a battered New Hampshire toddler, authorities said last night.

“Tips have been in the hundreds,” Rockingham County Attorney James Reams said. “Need them to keep coming.”

The fugitive couple, who tipsters claim to have spotted at North Shore coffee shops and gas stations, have managed to evade authorities so far.

“So many people are looking for them, they can’t hide out for long,” the little boy’s anguished paternal grandfather said.

Paul Nicholson’s son — James’ father — died two years ago from an overdose.

“After I lost my son, Jessica just kind of disappeared, and didn’t call nobody. She changed her number,” he said.

When she resurfaced last year, Dow was always by her side, he added.

“James was at my ex-wife’s house last week, and when his mother came to pick him up, he hid. He was saying, ‘I don’t want to go.’ It was kind of weird, but we didn’t check him out, or take off his clothes and look at his body. Now I wish we did.”

Little James, though, is getting better and stronger, Nicholson said.

“His eyesight has come back, almost 100 percent, and he’ll get out of the hospital soon,” said Nicholson, who can’t fathom how the child he loves could have been injured so badly.

-----------

So glad to hear that James is doing better and it's looking like his eye sight will come back.

I'm in another part of MA and it makes me want to go there and drive around and try to find them. I can't believe the two are bright enough to elude police if it seems like sightings of them are popping up everywhere.. I hate the people that are helping them.

It also looks like Roland has the worst of the charges and I feel she should be just as responsible as him for allowing this to happen to James (if she didn't take part herself even... I wonder if they are under charging her now in hopes she will turn herself in?)

I'm relieved that little James is doing better too, Samantha.  And I agree about the mother being just as responsible, that is her baby!  And there's no excuse for what has happened to him.  Just so glad he survived and is safe now.  I hope they catch them soon so they can be prosecuted, and I hope and pray that James will never have to be afraid again.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »

I am thankful that Jessica dropped James off at the hospital so he could be treated and is safe now.

It doesn't excuse her actions or her apparent loyalty to the POS that hurt her baby, but at least she did do that much for him.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »

(enlarged)

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20221122burned_tots_kin_urges_pair_to_stop_running/

Roland Dow and Jessica Linscott in a photo from Plaistow NH police via WCVB-TV

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »

I am thankful that Jessica dropped James off at the hospital so he could be treated and is safe now.

It doesn't excuse her actions or her apparent loyalty to the POS that hurt her baby, but at least she did do that much for him.

Yes.. I am grateful that they brought him for help... It sounds like from some articles that some of the injuries were old but at least at this point she brought him (wonder if the burns were what did it... Can't really hide or excuse not getting help for them.)

I'm sorry I haven't posted his picture yet.. I questioned myself since he was technically safe in the hospital and not missing and a minor victim.. Even though the articles had photos.

I'm just glad he is finally safe and waiting for the police to find these two..
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »

Fugitive Couple Reportedly Stayed at Mass. Home

A blue minivan with New Hampshire license plates was spotted in Beverly, Mass. on Saturday night.

By John Castelluccio
Email the author
 November 25, 2012
http://exeter.patch.com/articles/fugitive-couple-reportedly-stayed-at-mass-home

snipped
UPDATE: Beverly, Mass. Police located a gray 1996 Honda Civic on Dunham Road near the North Shore Music Theatre at approximately 12:45 a.m. Sunday and took one female into custody.

According to scanner reports, the female was not Jessica Linscott, however, police had issued an updated alert around midnight to be on the lookout for the vehicle, which they believed Linscott and her boyfriend were driving.

Police said they believed the couple fled a house on Dunham Road around 11 p.m. Saturday in the Civic. K-9 units had also been out searching the surrounding area.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

Fugitive Couple Reportedly Stayed at Mass. Home

A blue minivan with New Hampshire license plates was spotted in Beverly, Mass. on Saturday night.

By John Castelluccio
Email the author
 November 25, 2012
http://exeter.patch.com/articles/fugitive-couple-reportedly-stayed-at-mass-home

snipped
UPDATE: Beverly, Mass. Police located a gray 1996 Honda Civic on Dunham Road near the North Shore Music Theatre at approximately 12:45 a.m. Sunday and took one female into custody.

According to scanner reports, the female was not Jessica Linscott, however, police had issued an updated alert around midnight to be on the lookout for the vehicle, which they believed Linscott and her boyfriend were driving.

Police said they believed the couple fled a house on Dunham Road around 11 p.m. Saturday in the Civic. K-9 units had also been out searching the surrounding area.

Police Say Case of Mistaken Identity Led to Beverly Manhunt for Fugitives
By John Castelluccio Email the author November 25, 2012

The couple police were chasing late Saturday night into early Sunday morning turned out not to be a fugitive New Hampshire couple and in no way connected to the case.

It all turned out to be just a "lot of coincidences" and a "case of mistaken identity" in an hours long manhunt Saturday night by Beverly and state police for who they thought was a fugitive New Hampshire couple, confirmed a Beverly police officer Sunday morning.

Beverly police declined to comment further on the incident at the time, other than to say that the couple whom police were tracking in the area of Dunham Road and Brimbal Avenue were not connected to the case or the fugitives, although they did resemble them.

CBS Boston reports the initial tip came from the homeowner who mistakenly thought it was the fugitive couple who were staying with him.

At this time, it remains unclear who the female driving the Honda Civic was and whether police believe that Linscott and Dow instead fled in the blue minivan with New Hampshire plates. That vehicle was registered to a relative of the fugitives.

http://beverly.patch.com/articles/police-say-case-of-mistaken-identity-led-to-beverly-manhunt-for-fugitives
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »

TIMELINE: The Hunt for Fugitive Couple
Roland Dow allegedly beat and burned Jessica Linscott's 3-year-old son.
By Jason Claffey  9:00 am (11/26/2012)

TIMELINE
Wed., Nov. 14 — Linscott and Dow drop off James at Exeter Hospital, where doctors discover he has a traumatic brain injury and burned arms. His injuries were so severe that he was temporarily blinded and had seizures.

Sun., Nov. 26 — Police issue an alert saying Dow and Linscott may be in a blue 2009 Dodge caravan with a New Hampshire license plate numbered 2844129. They may be traveling from the North Shore part of Massachusetts to New Hampshire or Maine, where they have friends.

Mon., Nov. 27 — Reams, the county attorney, said police are receiving more and more tips on the couple.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »

Since the brute doesn't have a defenseless child to beat anymore, I wonder who he takes his aggression out on?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »

Since the brute doesn't have a defenseless child to beat anymore, I wonder who he takes his aggression out on?
excelllent question!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »

NH couple arrested at Fla. parade after boy burned

By Staff, Associated Press

November 28, 2012

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/nh-couple-arrested-fla-parade-after-boy-burned

A New Hampshire couple suspected of abusing the woman's 3-year-old son have been arrested while leaving a parade at a theme park in Orlando, Fla., after two weeks on the run, authorities say.

Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend, Roland Dow, were taken into custody on Wednesday evening at Universal Studios, where they had been watching the parade, U.S. marshals said.
 ::snipping2::  more

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »

This Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012 photo released by the U.S. Marshal's Service shows Jessica Linscott, of Plaistow, N.H., in custody after being apprehended Wednesday evening at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., where she and her boyfriend Roland Dow had been watching a parade.  ::snipping2::
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/nh-couple-arrested-fla-parade-after-boy-burned

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.