March 29, 2024, 12:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NH police search for mom accused of abusing 3-year-old(ARRESTED)  (Read 10238 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »

Fugitive N.H. couple arrested in Fla. theme park waive extradition
By Associated Press
Friday, November 30, 2012

PLAISTOW, N.H. — A fugitive couple arrested at a Florida theme park waived extradition and will voluntarily return to New Hampshire to face charges in the beating and burning of the woman’s 3-year-old son.

A judge in Orlando, Fla., accepted the waiver from 23-year-old Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend, 27-year-old Roland Dow, on Friday morning during an informal document exchange with an Orange County Sheriff’s Office representative. Neither were in the courtroom and it’s unclear how quickly they’ll return to New Hampshire.

Rockingham County, N.H., District Attorney Jim Reams has said he expected they would appear in court sometime next week.

::snipping2::

Dow’s grandmother, Helen Fram, lives next to the couple in a two-family home in Plaistow, a town of about 8,000 residents on the Massachusetts state line. She said Thursday that she’s certain her grandson and Linscott did not hurt James. She said the boy sometimes banged his own head on the bathtub or threw himself off the toilet.

"I can hear anything, if anything is going on," she said. "They would never, ever hurt a baby. Never."

She said they initially went to the hospital with James but got scared when they found out police wanted to talk to them.

"They figured they didn’t do anything, so they took off," she said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view/20121130fugitive_nh_couple_arrested_in_fla_theme_park_waive_extradition/srvc=home&position=recent
Edit to add "arrested' to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:14:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »

::justice2NJ::
By Associated Press

PLAISTOW, N.H. — A fugitive couple arrested at a Florida theme park waived extradition and will voluntarily return to New Hampshire to face charges in the beating and burning of the woman’s 3-year-old son.

A judge in Orlando, Fla., accepted the waiver from 23-year-old Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend, 27-year-old Roland Dow, on Friday morning during an informal document exchange with an Orange County Sheriff’s Office representative. Neither were in the courtroom and it’s unclear how quickly they’ll return to New Hampshire.

Rockingham County, N.H., District Attorney Jim Reams has said he expected they would appear in court sometime next week.

Dow’s grandmother, Helen Fram, lives next to the couple in a two-family home in Plaistow, a town of about 8,000 residents on the Massachusetts state line. She said Thursday that she’s certain her grandson and Linscott did not hurt James. She said the boy sometimes banged his own head on the bathtub or threw himself off the toilet.

"I can hear anything, if anything is going on," she said. "They would never, ever hurt a baby. Never."

She said they initially went to the hospital with James but got scared when they found out police wanted to talk to them.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view/20121130fugitive_nh_couple_arrested_in_fla_theme_park_waive_extradition/srvc=home&position=recent
oh no, another grandparent in denial. Please get these people as far away from that poor baby as possible! Whar a sick world we live in!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »

By Associated Press

Really?!  Taking a child with injuries to an ER and then running from the police?  Not good.  The police wanted to talk to the couple and they figured they didn't do anything wrong, so they took off....  Hinkey meter going off!! Red flags, bells, whistles!!  The toddler had bruises and he had burns on his hands and arms.  How did those things happen to him?  Someone hurt this little boy repeatedly from the sounds of it.  Even IF (and that's a really big IF) the child was really active etc., how was he so bruised and how did he sustain burns?  How did he sustain traumatic brain injuries?! Who was watching him?

What about Helen Fram, the grandmother?  Either she's in deep, deep denial,or she's covering up because she's afraid or possibly she benefits  somehow from the couple.  Where is the outrage for her grandson?  She lives next to the couple arrested for the child's injuries.  Where was she during this child's life when he was injured time and again?  Something isn't right.    JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »

By Associated Press

Really?!  Taking a child with injuries to an ER and then running from the police?  Not good.  The police wanted to talk to the couple and they figured they didn't do anything wrong, so they took off....  Hinkey meter going off!! Red flags, bells, whistles!!  The toddler had bruises and he had burns on his hands and arms.  How did those things happen to him?  Someone hurt this little boy repeatedly from the sounds of it.  Even IF (and that's a really big IF) the child was really active etc., how was he so bruised and how did he sustain burns?  How did he sustain traumatic brain injuries?! Who was watching him?

What about Helen Fram, the grandmother?  Either she's in deep, deep denial,or she's covering up because she's afraid or possibly she benefits  somehow from the couple.  Where is the outrage for her grandson?  She lives next to the couple arrested for the child's injuries.  Where was she during this child's life when he was injured time and again?  Something isn't right.    JMHO

I agree.. But it's the mother's boyfriends' grandmother and of no relation to the little boy James. Sorry if my bolding/snipping made it confusing.. Looking back I don't remember what I was trying to bold exactly but it seems half done.

On the tv news around here I've heard many time the burns are from cigarette burns (haven't read it in an article) I really don't see a child doing this to themselves though. I can't believe anyone would try to make excuses for them.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »

Thank you for letting me know I misidentified Helen Fram as James's grandmother, Samantha.  It wasn't anything you did, because I went to the link and read the whole article and still got it messed up.  I think I was just so disgusted with the adults in this case and the injustice to little James I posted without thinking it all through. And I was going back and forth multitasking.   If Helen Fram lived next door and had interaction with Linscott and Dowand would hear and know if anything was going on as she professes, then that's just as wrong if she's protecting them imo.   Doesn't matter if she was James's grandma or not.  If she was just a neighbor or even a stranger and had any inkling of his being abused, she has a responsibility imo.  Of course, I have seen cases where people just won't accept something like this even when they're presented with the facts, a recording or even photos.     I still think something is up with Helen Fram professing the innocence of Linscott and Dow, though.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Plaistow-boy-released-from-hospital/-/9857858/17660912/-/5wgxq5z/-/index.html
Plaistow boy released from hospital
James Linscott remains in state custody

December 5, 2012

PLAISTOW, N.H. —
The young boy at the center of a child abuse case has been released from the hospital.

Police say 3-year-old James Linscott remains in state custody.

The boy had to undergo brain surgery because of his injuries, which investigators say happened at the hands of his mother's boyfriend. That man, Roland Dow, and the boy's mother, Jessica Linscott, are both in jail. They've been ordered not to have any contact with each other or the child.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »

This article is two days behind the one I've posted above. 

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Linscott-Dow-ordered-held-on-bail-in-child-abuse-case/-/9857858/17632774/-/ampb4tz/-/index.html
Linscott, Dow ordered held on bail in child abuse case
Plaistow couple extradited to New Hampshire over weekend

December 3, 2012

PLAISTOW, N.H. —
Jessica Linscott and Roland Dow, a Plaistow couple accused of abusing a 3-year-old boy, faced a judge in New Hampshire on Monday.

In separate video arraignments, charges were announced for both Linscott and Dow, who are accused of abusing Linscott's 3-year-old son, James.

Linscott, who is facing six counts of endangering a child, was ordered held on $100,000 bail. She cannot have contact with Dow or her son.

Linscott informed the judge that she will not be able to make bail and that she just wants a lawyer. She did not appear with a lawyer on Monday.

Dow, who is facing charges including first-degree assault, second-degree assault and five counts of endangering a child, was ordered held on $500,000 bail and ordered not to have contact with Linscott or the boy.

If Dow manages to make bail, he has been ordered to stay with his mother, Helen.

Prosecutors said that there's a strong chance Dow will face more charges.

Video at Link

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Plaistow-boy-released-from-hospital/-/9857858/17660912/-/5wgxq5z/-/index.html
Plaistow boy released from hospital
James Linscott remains in state custody

December 5, 2012

PLAISTOW, N.H. —
The young boy at the center of a child abuse case has been released from the hospital.

Police say 3-year-old James Linscott remains in state custody.

The boy had to undergo brain surgery because of his injuries, which investigators say happened at the hands of his mother's boyfriend. That man, Roland Dow, and the boy's mother, Jessica Linscott, are both in jail. They've been ordered not to have any contact with each other or the child.

It doesn't say who has custody of James.  It is a concern!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 04:34:43 AM »

Grand jury indicts N.H. man on child assault charges
12-8-12

BRENTWOOD, N.H. (AP) — A man police say beat and burned his girlfriend's 3-year-old son last month before fleeing and being captured with her at a Florida theme park has been indicted by a grand jury on assault charges.

The grand jury indicted Roland Dow this week.

Federal marshals apprehended Dow and Linscott, who are from Plaistow, at a Universal Studios park after a parade last week.

Since then, people have been dropping off toys and gifts at a New Hampshire police department for the boy, who recently was released from the hospital. The boy is recovering from brain injuries, bruises and burns to his wrist and fingers. Police said a fund for financial donations was being set up for him.

The toy cars, stuffed animals and good wishes for the boy have been growing in the police department's lobby. Some toys have arrived from Florida.

The boy is living with his grandmother in Kingston.

Linscott and Dow have been ordered not to have contact with each other or with the boy
. They have said the boy's injuries were self-inflicted.
http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121208/NEWS/121209793/-1/NEWSMAP

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 02:31:17 AM »

This has got to be one for the books. 

"Roland Dow & Jessica Linscott, you've almost beaten a 3 year old to death.  What will you do now?

Why, we're going to Disney World!"

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

Home of Jessica Linscott and Roland Dow Searched
December 11, 2012 01:35 AM EST

The Plaistow, New Hampshire home previously inhabited by Jessica Linscott and Roland Dow was searched Monday to follow up on leads and collect evidence.
It is believed that Dow hit James in the head, causing seizures and temporary blindness. However, it's just as likely that Linscott caused the injuries, which included bruises and burns to James' fingers and wrists, in addition to the brain trauma. Records show that her temper has gotten her in trouble before.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981808850

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

I remembered seeing pieces of these on the news and figured I would bring them here:

Raw Video: Jessica Linscott's initial arraignment
Published on Dec 3, 2012

Jessica Linscott is arraigned on child abuse charges in the alleged abuse of her 3-year-old son.
http://youtu.be/lLDn3PQelMo

Raw Video: Roland Dow's initial arraignment
Published on Dec 3, 2012

Roland Dow is arraigned on child abuse charges in the alleged abuse of a 3-year-old boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmWyOgYqVE

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

This has got to be one for the books. 

"Roland Dow & Jessica Linscott, you've almost beaten a 3 year old to death.  What will you do now?

Why, we're going to Disney World!"

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.