March 28, 2024, 03:45:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jersey Bridgeman, 6yrs old, missing 11/20/12, Bentonville, ARK (Body Found)  (Read 47264 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 21, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »

Bentonville Police Discover Body of Missing 6-Year-Old
Updated: November 21, 2012

BENTONVILLE, Ark. -- A 6-year old girl from Bentonville was found dead Tuesday morning, shortly after being reported missing. Now, police are trying to piece together what happened

It started as a missing persons report just before 7:00 Tuesday morning, but police say within minutes the body of a 6-year-old girl was found and it quickly became a homicide investigation.

Bentonville police along with the help of Rogers PD and the Benton County Sherriff's Office all covering as much ground as possible here on southeast A street earlier today.

About three houses were blocked off with police tape. One of the houses is where the girl was reported to be missing. A couple houses down is where officials removed a body just before noon today. Police are not releasing exactly what happened to the girl it's still unclear exactly where the body was found.

We do know this child was a student in the Bentonville School District and neighbors tell me they saw her celebrating her birthday this past weekend

::snipping2::

Property owners tell KNWA News the person renting one of the homes being investigated is Desiree Bridgeman and is the mother of the victim.

Family members identify the girl's father as David Bridgeman.

David Bridgeman was sentenced to 18 years in prison in 2011 for chaining his daughter to a dresser. Bridgeman pleaded guilty to three felony charges in the case.

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=732142
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:30:59 PM »

Police wait for search warrant in 6-year-old's murder investigation
Missing girl found dead in vacant Bentonville home Tuesday
11:34 AM CST Nov 21, 2012

BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Bentonville Police have launched a homicide investigation after finding the body of a 6-year-old Bentonville girl, said Police Chief Jon Simpson.

Neighbors said said the girl's name is Jersey Bridgeman.

Bentonville police said Jersey's father, David Bridgeman, 26, and stepmother, Jana Bridgeman, 29, remain in custody on felony charges of permitting the abuse of a minor, endangering the welfare of a minor in the first degree and false imprisonment in the first degree.

The couple, who were both sentenced after admitting to chaining the girl to a dresser, in their home.

Authorities said her father, David Bridgeman, told officers that they chained the girl to the dresser because she sleep walks and had gotten into chemicals in the kitchen.

Records from the Benton County Assessor's office show both of the homes at 608 and 704 SE A St. are owned by the same couple. The couple's last known address is in Brooklyn, New York, according to county records.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/northwest/Police-wait-for-search-warrant-in-6-year-old-s-murder-investigation/-/8897460/17485654/-/hi2jjj/-/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

6-year-old girl murdered in Arkansas  (Video)
5:18 PM, Nov 20, 2012

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/348243/28/6-year-old-girl-murdered-in-Arkansas
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »

God, what a sad little life she had.     I have a friend in that area and she said local reports are saying for the public not to worry, blah, blah, blah.  Sounds like they know who did it.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:26 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/23/authorities-probing-death-6-year-old-arkansas-girl-question-sex-offenders-in/

Authorities probing death of 6-year-old Arkansas girl question sex offenders in hunt for killer
By Cristina Corbin
Published November 23, 2012
FoxNews.com

Arkansas authorities are questioning registered sex offenders in their investigation into the death of a 6-year-old girl, whose body was found Tuesday in a vacant home not far from where she lived with her mother.

Bentonville Police Captain Justin Thompson told FoxNews.com that no suspects or persons of interests have been named in the killing of Jersey Bridgeman. But he said police detectives and FBI agents are interviewing several known sex offenders in the area as they hunt for the child's killer.

"Obviously anyone close to this girl is someone we're going to look at now," Thompson said Friday.

Jersey was living with her biological mother, DesaRae Bridgeman, at her home in Bentonville, about 215 miles northwest of Little Rock. The girl had previously lived with her father, David Bridgeman, and stepmother, Jana Bridgeman, who are both serving prison terms for chaining Jersey to a dresser last year.

DesaRae Bridgeman told police she last saw her daughter when she put her to bed around midnight on Tuesday. She reported the girl missing around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, when she was not found in her room, authorities said.

Within 10 minutes, police found the child's body inside an abandoned home about 200 feet away, according to Thompson. The abandoned house belongs to a New York couple who are not considered suspects, he said. 

Thompson said an autopsy has been completed, but he declined to release the cause of death, saying only that the case is being investigated as a homicide.

"The investigation in its entirety so far has led us to believe this is a homicide," he said.

Thompson declined to say who, besides Jersey's mother, was living in the home at the time of her disappearance. He said there were no signs of forced entry.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/24/jersey-bridgeman-arkansas-girl-vacant-house_n_2184303.html

Jersey Bridgeman, Arkansas Girl Found In Vacant House, Was Happy Child At School
By JEANNIE NUSS 11/23/12 08:15 PM ET EST   

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Jersey Bridgeman endured a lot in her young life, including abuse at the hands of her father and stepmother, but school officials say she was still a happy little girl.

Now, with the couple away in prison for chaining her to a dresser last year, authorities are trying to figure out who killed the 6-year-old. Her body was found in a vacant house this week in Bentonville, a northwest Arkansas city best known as the home of Wal-Mart's headquarters.

"To find out that the girl had been abused before, to me it was like: `You've got to be kidding me,'" said Mike Poore, school superintendent in Bentonville, where Jersey attended kindergarten at Sugar Creek Elementary. "How can someone that young go through so much?"

Still, despite the hardships she faced, Jersey managed to delight those she met.

"She's an amazing child," said Mary Ley, communications director for Bentonville schools. "She'd been through a lot and still had joy."

Police in the city about 215 miles northwest of Little Rock have said they're investigating Jersey's death as a homicide, but they won't disclose how she died. In a statement Friday, they said the girl's family members have been cooperating with detectives but do not want to speak to the media "during this time of grieving" and "ask that their privacy be respected."

Authorities haven't arrested anyone in connection with Jersey's death or publicly identified any suspects or persons of interest.

"There's no reason ... for the community to be worried at this point," Capt. Justin Thompson told The Associated Press on Friday. He would not say whether authorities think someone who knew the girl killed her.

Thompson said Jersey's body was found in a vacant house two doors down from the home where she lived with her mother. He said investigators believe the girl died sometime between midnight and 6:53 a.m. Tuesday, when her body was found about 10 minutes after someone called police to report her missing.

Jersey's death comes almost a year after her father and stepmother chained her to a dresser in nearby Rogers.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:38 AM »

From the looks of mom's FB page...it appears that mom has a new boyfriend.  It doesn't mean anything...just something to look at.

https://www.facebook.com/desarae.bridgeman?ref=ts&fref=ts

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

God, what a sad little life she had.     I have a friend in that area and she said local reports are saying for the public not to worry, blah, blah, blah.  Sounds like they know who did it.

To have been through so much, and still have joy; and now this. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237504/Police-question-sex-offenders-death-tragic-year-old-girl-murdered-YARDS-home--year-father-jailed-keeping-chained-dresser.html

Police question sex offenders over murder of six-year-old girl found yards from her home - a year after father was jailed for chaining her to a dresser

Jersey Bridgeman was in the care of her biological mother DesaRae Bridgeman at the time of her death
Her body was found in a vacant house close to where she lived with her mom and mom's boyfriend
Police have classified case as homicide
Father  and stepmother both serving prison sentences for child abuse
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 13:35 EST, 23 November 2012 | UPDATED: 14:49 EST, 23 November 2012

Birthday: Jersey turned six-years-old last week

Shaken: More than 100 people gathered Tuesday to hold a candlelight vigil for Bridgeman.

Remembered: The six-year-old was well loved in her community and many describing her as being special.

On Tuesday more than 100 people gathered at the Children's Advocacy Center to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of the girl. Members of the event were visible distraught by the girl's death, and to many, she was well-loved.

'There was a unique quality about Jersey," Beverly Engle, the center's executive director, said. 'A little old soul, but such a delight.'

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

little one who suffered so much...
where were the grandparents of this little girl? I wish I could have taken her...I would have in a heartbeat....

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 01:13:36 AM »

Girl Who Was Chained To Dresser With Dog Choke Collar Found Dead

November 22, 2012 11:06 AM

Engle said Jersey was interviewed last year at the center when the abuse allegations were reported to police in nearby Rogers. According to a court document, the girl told officers she slept on the floor in the same room as her father, David Bridgeman, and her stepmother, Jana Bridgeman.

“She said that Jana and David chain her to the dresser because she had gotten up and eaten some pies, cereal, and bread,” Rogers Police Detective Larry Taylor wrote in the court affidavit.

He added that the girl “stated that they put a belt around her waist so that she could not get up and get any food.”

Both the father and stepmother pleaded guilty in June to false imprisonment, permitting abuse of a minor and endangering the welfare of a minor.

Jana Bridgeman, also identified as Jana Slinkard in court records, is serving a 12-year prison sentence, plus three years for a probation revocation, according to online Department of Correction records.

David Bridgeman is serving an 18-year prison sentence. Prison records show he has a tattoo that says “Jersey.”

He admitted to chaining his daughter to a dresser with a belt last year after a woman who was staying with the couple contacted police about possible child abuse, according to court records. That woman said she found the girl chained to a dresser with a silver chain and what appeared to be a dog collar.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/11/22/girl-who-was-chained-to-dresser-with-dog-choke-collar-found-dead/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 01:18:08 AM »

Arkansas girl, Jersey Bridgeman case: Sex offender's home searched
Crime News
November 22, 2012

Research conducted by the National Criminal Profiles Examiner, based upon the ABC4029 report, reveals that police searched a home that was listed on the Bentonville County Sex Offender Registry while looking for the missing girl.

In fact, the sex offender registry for the Bentonville County Sheriff's Office shows that as many as 23 sex offenders live in the Bridgeman neighborhood area, with three address on the registry listed as her direct neighbors: 702, 704 and 706 SE A Street.

Jersey Bridgeman's body was found hours after she was reported missing on Tuesday, in an abandoned home located at 702 SE A Street, one of the homes listed on the sex offender registry. That home is listed under the name of Joseph F. Blackmon for utility purposes according to the ABC4029 report.

Thus the Arkansas girl was in the sole custodial care of her mother DesaRae Bridgeman at the time she went missing on Tuesday, sometime between midnight and 6:45 a.m. Yet it was a "relative" who was caring for her at the time of her disappearance on Tuesday, ABC4029 also reported that the relative resides at 608 SE A Street in Bentonville.

That information was expanded upon Friday by Fox when it was revealed that the child's mother says she put Jersey to bed at midnight and that she was the one to notify authorities that she was missing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/arkansas-girl-jersey-bridgeman-case-sex-offender-s-home-searched
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »

Bentonville Child’s Funeral Set for Tuesday
Posted on: 10:27 am, November 26, 2012

Jersey Bridgeman, a Bentonville 6-year-old found murdered on Nov. 20, will be laid to rest Tuesday.

Her funeral is set for 1 p.m. at the Rollins Funeral Chapel in Rogers, with burial to follow at Bentonville Cemetery.

Last week law enforcement agencies began looking into sex offenders who live in the area where Bridgeman was found, said Bentonville Police Captain Justin Thompson. Seven Level II sex offenders are registered as living within a few miles of the crime scene. Level II means they’re at moderate risk for re-offending.

Bentonville police said Bridgeman’s mother, DesaRae, and family have been cooperative with the investigation. Family members told police they did not want to make any statement to the media.

Officers served three search warrants on three homes the day the child was killed, including the girl’s home, the house two doors down where she was found dead, and a trailer residence between the houses. Police collected about 50 pieces of evidence during the searches, Simpson said

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/26/bridgeman-funeral-tuesday/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »

Funeral services scheduled for 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman
Services to be held in Rogers; open to public
 11:01 AM CST Nov 26, 2012

BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Benton County Coroner Daniel Oxford said the visitation and funeral services for 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman will be held at Rollins Funeral Home in Rogers

Oxford said the girl's body has been released from the state crime lab in Little Rock.

The services are open to the public, he said.

•Visitation: Monday 5-7 p.m.

•Funeral: Tuesday 1 p.m.

Her body will be buried at Bentonville Cemetery.

He said the preliminary cause of death report will released from the state crime lab in a few days. The full autopsy results will take 3 to 4 months, Oxford said.

Officials with the Arkansas state crime lab did not provide any information.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/northwest/Funeral-services-scheduled-for-6-year-old-Jersey-Bridgeman/-/8897460/17548786/-/yotcb7z/-/index.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »

Funeral services scheduled for 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman
11:01 AM CST Nov 26, 2012

What a pretty little girl.  She looks like she was a joy.  I just don't understand how people can be so cruel.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/22/fundraising-after-girls-death-leads-to-family-infighting/
Fundraising After Girl’s Death Leads To Family Infighting
Posted on: 6:22 pm, November 22, 2012, by Shain Bergan, updated on: 06:25pm, November 22, 2012

These are my opinions and subject to change.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/26/neighbor-arrested-in-connection-with-jersey-bridgemans-death/

Neighbor Arrested In Connection With Jersey Bridgeman’s Death

Posted on: 8:25 pm, November 26, 2012, by Alicia Agent and Shain Bergan, updated on: 08:41pm, November 26, 2012

Neighbor Arrested In Connection With Jersey Bridgeman’s Death

Posted on: 8:25 pm, November 26, 2012, by Alicia Agent and Shain Bergan, updated on: 08:41pm, November 26, 2012

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »

I saw an interview with a woman that lives in that trailer and when the reporter asked her if she lived there with her husband, she told the reporter to get off of her property.  I wondered then if that was who did this...so sad but I'm glad there has been an arrest.

http://5newsonline.com/2012/11/26/neighbor-arrested-in-connection-with-jersey-bridgemans-death/

Zachary Holly, 28, was arrested Monday in connection with the murder investigation of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman, according to police.

He is being charged with capital murder, kidnapping and residential burglary, according to Chief Jon Simpson.

Holly lives next door to Jersey, in a trailer at 702 SE A St. Holly’s home lies between Jersey’s house and the vacant house where the girl’s body was found.

Simpson made the announcement during a news conference at the Bentonville Police Department Monday night.

Holly is being held in the Benton County Jail.

From the video: affidavit of probable cause will be released Wednesday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »

http://twitter.com/5NEWSLarry/status/273246121244114944

Larry Henry
@5NEWSLarry
Bentonville police arrest this man who lives at 702 SE A St. in Jersey Bridgeman murder investigation, chief says.
1 hour ago via Echofon

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »

http://twitter.com/5NEWSLarry

52m Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
Affidavit of probable cause to be issued after Holly's bond hearing Wednesday and will include answers to questions in murder investigation.
Expand

55m Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
Zachary Dewayne Holly, 28, faces capital murder, kidnapping and residential burglary charges. http://lockerz.com/s/264518974
 View photo

57m Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
Zachary Dewayne Holly being held in BenCo Jail and has a bond hearing Wednesday at 1:30.
Expand

1h Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
No additional arrests to be made in Jersey Bridgeman case.
Expand

Man arrested in Jersey Bridgeman case is 28 years old and a family acquaintance, chief says.
Expand

BREAKING Bentonville police arrest Zachary Holley of 702 SE A St. in Jersey Bridgeman murder investigation.
Expand

1h 5NEWSONLINE ‏@5NEWS
Neighbor Arrested In Connection With Jersey Bridgeman’s Death http://on.5newsonline.com/al68bON
 Retweeted by Larry Henry
Expand

Bentonville police arrest this man who lives at 702 SE A St. in Jersey Bridgeman murder investigation, chief says. http://lockerz.com/s/264514981
 View photo

2h Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
BREAKING Bentonville police announce 8:30 p.m. news conference on arrest in Jersey Bridgeman murder case.
Expand

2h Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
BREAKING Bentonville police make an arrest in the Jersey Bridgeman murder investigation.
Expand

11h Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
Jersey Bridgeman's visitation is today from 5-7 p.m. at Rollins Funeral Home in Rogers.
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

11h Larry Henry ‏@5NEWSLarry
Jersey Bridgeman funeral is Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Rollins Funeral Chapel in Rogers, with burial to follow at Bentonville Cemetery.
Expand

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.