December 22, 2014, 09:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW SPECIAL SECTION CREATED FOR VIRGINIA AREA MISSING AND MURDERED AND POSSIBLE CONNECTIONS

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jersey Bridgeman, 6yrs old, missing 11/20/12, Bentonville, ARK (Body Found)  (Read 19064 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »

My heart goes out to Jersey's family with yet another delay. 

http://5newsonline.com/2014/10/31/accused-child-killers-trial-delayed-after-public-defender-admits-to-drinking-problem/

Accused Child Killer’s Trial Delayed After Public Defender Admits To Drinking Problem

POSTED 10:11 PM, OCTOBER 31, 2014, BY LARRY HENRY, UPDATED AT 08:46AM, NOVEMBER 1, 2014

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – The murder trial for accused child killer Zachary Holly is being rescheduled after the public defender admitted in court on Friday (Oct. 31) that he has an alcohol problem, officials said.

The trial had been set to begin on Monday (Nov. 3) in Benton County Circuit Judge Brad Karren’s courtroom.

However, the defense team sought and received a postponement from Karren at a pre-trial hearing on Friday, saying that Pat Aydelott, the public defender handling the trial portion of the murder case, has a drinking problem, officials said.

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Nathan Smith said he and the victim’s family are “very frustrated” by another delay in the trial. Holly is charged with capital murder in the 2012 killing of six-year-old Jersey Bridgeman in Bentonville.

Smith said his office and the victim’s family were ready to proceed on Monday, adding his office didn’t learn of Aydelott’s issues until Friday afternoon. Smith said the judge didn’t have much choice but to delay the trial after the public defender admitted to being ineffective because of alcoholism.

A court hearing has been scheduled for Nov. 6  for an update on which public defender will replace Aydelott and to learn when a new trial date will be set, Smith said.

The case has gone through several delays and mental status hearings since Holly was arrested in November 2012 on suspicion of capital murder, kidnapping, rape and residential burglary. The suspect was declared fit for trial following two mental evaluations.

Smith has told 5NEWS he will seek the death penalty against Holly in the case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"We won't give up on you, Natalee.  You didn't give up on us, and we will continue with the investigation until we have all of the answers to your disappearance.  God be with you my Natalee!" Dave Holloway ARUBA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »

My heart goes out to Jersey's family with yet another delay. 

http://5newsonline.com/2014/10/31/accused-child-killers-trial-delayed-after-public-defender-admits-to-drinking-problem/

Accused Child Killer’s Trial Delayed After Public Defender Admits To Drinking Problem

POSTED 10:11 PM, OCTOBER 31, 2014, BY LARRY HENRY, UPDATED AT 08:46AM, NOVEMBER 1, 2014

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – The murder trial for accused child killer Zachary Holly is being rescheduled after the public defender admitted in court on Friday (Oct. 31) that he has an alcohol problem, officials said.

The trial had been set to begin on Monday (Nov. 3) in Benton County Circuit Judge Brad Karren’s courtroom.

However, the defense team sought and received a postponement from Karren at a pre-trial hearing on Friday, saying that Pat Aydelott, the public defender handling the trial portion of the murder case, has a drinking problem, officials said.

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Nathan Smith said he and the victim’s family are “very frustrated” by another delay in the trial. Holly is charged with capital murder in the 2012 killing of six-year-old Jersey Bridgeman in Bentonville.

Smith said his office and the victim’s family were ready to proceed on Monday, adding his office didn’t learn of Aydelott’s issues until Friday afternoon. Smith said the judge didn’t have much choice but to delay the trial after the public defender admitted to being ineffective because of alcoholism.

A court hearing has been scheduled for Nov. 6  for an update on which public defender will replace Aydelott and to learn when a new trial date will be set, Smith said.

The case has gone through several delays and mental status hearings since Holly was arrested in November 2012 on suspicion of capital murder, kidnapping, rape and residential burglary. The suspect was declared fit for trial following two mental evaluations.

Smith has told 5NEWS he will seek the death penalty against Holly in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey All Star

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »

http://5newsonline.com/2014/11/06/accused-benton-county-child-killer-gets-new-public-defender/

Accused Benton County Child Killer Gets New Public Defender
Posted 12:06 pm, November 6, 2014, by Curt Lanning, Updated at 04:27pm, November 6, 2014   

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – Accused Benton County child killer Zachary Holly has a new public defender, officials say.

Holly’s previous attorney, Pat Aydelott, admitted in court on Friday (Oct. 31) that he has an alcohol problem, delaying the murder trial scheduled for that day.

The new public defender for Holly’s capital murder case is Robby Golden of Little Rock, and a new trial date has been set for May 11, according to officials.

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Nathan Smith said he and the victim’s family were “very frustrated” by another delay in the trial. Holly was charged with capital murder in the 2012 killing of six-year-old Jersey Bridgeman in Bentonville.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »

yes, I agree everyone is entitled to competent representation . . .
but I feel so much anguish for this family.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyDianneBridgemanSharingOurLove/posts/834561799919809

Jersey Dianne Bridgeman - Sharing our Love
34 mins ·

Two years ago today we lost Jersey. Life has never been the same nor will it ever be. Our hearts are truly broke and the pain is not anything we can begin to explain. Justice has not been served and we continue to hold on to each other. To all of you who know this kind of heartache I am so sorry for you all. Life's cruelest blow is for a child to be ripped away from those that love them. The next cruelest blow is living in a society where killers are the ones with the rights. Justice4Jersey and all those how have walked in her precious little shoes.

for Jersey!

"We won't give up on you, Natalee.  You didn't give up on us, and we will continue with the investigation until we have all of the answers to your disappearance.  God be with you my Natalee!" Dave Holloway ARUBA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:49 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyDianneBridgemanSharingOurLove/photos/a.471877889521537.106171.471876366188356/817913524917970/?type=1

Justice for Jersey! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.