March 18, 2024, 07:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 710342 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Teen Boy Goes Missing Visiting Dad
Aired November 28, 2012 - 20:00   ET
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »

Authorities search home of missing teen's father
 UPDATED 11:53 AM MST Nov 29, 2012

DURANGO, Colo. —
Authorities are searching the home of Mark Redwine Thursday because it was the last place his missing 13-year-old son was seen.

::snipping2::

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/Authorities-search-home-of-missing-teen-s-father/-/9153762/17591544/-/15sgq0m/-/index.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2850270.shtml?cat=504

Sheriff serves search warrant at home of father of missing Four Corners teen
Posted at: 11/29/2012 12:57 PM | Updated at: 11/29/2012 1:02 PM

The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office served a search warrant at the home of the father of missing teen Dylan Redwine on Thursday but say they are not calling Mark Redwine a suspect.

“The Sheriff’s Office is not calling Mark Redwine a suspect,” said La Plata County sheriff spokesman Dan Bender.

“However, since that house was the last place Dylan was seen, it is only prudent to do a more thorough search of that house and property for any information that can help direct us to Dylan.”

Redwine, who lives with his mother in Colorado Springs, disappeared Monday Nov. 19 during a court-ordered visit to his father's Vallecito home.

Approximately 15 members of the Dylan Redwine task force are assisting the Sheriff’s Office in that search warrant of the home and property, including officers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

The task force is also continuing their investigations and canvassing in the area surrounding Vallecito reservoir that they began on November 27.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »

http://www.cortezjournal.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129805/Investigators-searching-house-of-Dylan-Redwine%E2%80%99s-father

Investigators searching house of Dylan Redwine’s father
Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:58pm

A Colorado Bureau of Investigations investigator searches a travel trailer next to Mark Redwine’s house in Vallecito. Redwine’s son, Dylan, has been missing since Nov. 19. Authorities executed a search warrant this morning on Mark Redwine’s home.

Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the FBI had tents and a trailer set up outside the house. Investigators wearing white scrub-like uniforms made trips in and out of the house and a travel trailer this morning.

Dylan texted his mother, Elaine Redwine, when he arrived at Durango-La Plata County Airport on Nov. 18. The lad immediately contacted friends in Bayfield where he attended school until this summer when his mother, who divorced Mark Redwine in 2007, moved to Colorado Springs.

Dylan agreed to meet his friends early Nov. 19 but the meeting never took place. Mark Redwine told investigators that he left on errands at 7:30 a.m. but found Dylan gone when he returned four hours later.

“The investigation of Dylan’s disappearance is ongoing,” Bender said. “We won’t be revealing any list of what we find until the it’s over.”

About 15 investigators and analysts are involved in the search, Bender said.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:21 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=302104

Mother of missing boy: I fear we won't find him
7:08 PM, Nov 29, 2012   |   0  comments

VALLECITO, La Plata County - Federal investigators searched the home of Dylan Redwine's father Thursday morning. Mark Redwine was the last person who saw his 13-year-old son, before Dylan disappeared last Monday.

Investigators searched Mark's home initially last week. Thursday's search was considered more thorough.

Thursday morning, Mark told 9NEWS he was going to spend the day with FBI and CBI investigators.

Dylan disappeared from his father's home in Vallecito. Vallecito is 20 minutes east of Durango. Dylan was visiting his father for Thanksgiving break. Mark Redwine was the last person to see his son.

"Our goal is to bring Dylan home," Mark Redwine told 9NEWS.

Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine, said on Thursday she's holding out hope her son will be found safe and sound. But as the days go by, more fear starts to kick in.

"I'm hoping we hear something. Every day that goes by I get more worried. I'm just trying to maintain and live so that when Dylan comes back we can regroup and be normal again, like we were before he left," she said.

Elaine Redwine said it's difficult for her and her family to get by day after day.

"Nobody should have to find themselves in a situation like this. This is horrible," Elaine said. "Who could take a 13-year-old boy? I just don't know where this world is anymore. It just makes me extremely sad."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/557900314236576

Find Missing Dylan Redwine · 2,975 like this
about an hour ago ·

I have been watching the posts, and while I can't always respond to all of them I appreciate each and every prayer and comment of good wishes and so does Dylan's family!

I have noticed that you all have a lot of questions that were answered early on, but realized that we lost a lot of information when we moved pages. So I am going to give you a brief run down of the events as I know them to be. I will try to be as precise and accurate as I possibly can.

Dylan Redwine flew to Durango Airport, landed and as was picked up by his father Sunday evening.

Dylan made plans to arrive at his friends house the next morning (Monday) to hang out.

Dylan's father Mark Redwine told me he stirred around the house early in the morning to wake Dylan but he didn't want to get up, so he went to town without him.

He told me he ran errands in Durango during the morning and returned home at 11:30 a.m. to find Dylan gone from the house. (His where abouts during this time has been confirmed by investigators)

Dylan's cell phone and belongings are also missing.

People reported seeing him walking but all of those reports turned out to be unsubstantiated. (There is another older boy at the lake who looks similar to Dylan)

At 4:15 Mark said he went to the friends house that Dylan was supposed to be hanging with to see if Dylan showed up there. Finding 2 of Dylan's friends there they said they had been trying to contact him all day to no avail.

Mark then said he went to the Marshal's office to express his concern that he couldn't find Dylan.

La Plata County search and rescue searched for Dylan Monday night and all day Tuesday.

Dylan's mother was notified Monday afternoon that her son was missing and she drove immediately from Colorado Springs to Durango to aid in the search. Dylan's brother and other family members accompanied her, she arrived Monday night.

Mark was cooperative with the police and they were allowed to do a preliminary search of his home.

Search dogs detected a scent on the road near Marks house, but it couldn't be verified that it was Dylan's because at the time there was nothing for the dog's to catch a scent from.

Dylan's cell phone records have been checked. And his phone activity is monitored at all times. His phone has been turned off since Sunday night.

All sex offenders in the area have been checked.

The lake and surrounding areas have been searched and scoured to include, abandoned buildings, houses, barns, sheds etc.

2 cadaver dogs, separately catch a scent from a boat off of the dam.

Divers were brought in but the altitude, depth of the lake and temperature of the lake prevent them from diving for more than 20 -30 mins at a time. And they can only dive once a day. They were unable to find anything the first day.

Boats with hi-tech sonar were brought in and the entire area in front of the dam was checked. Nothing was found.

A task force was formed and house to house, business to business interviews are being conducted from the dam on the south end of the lake to the north end of the lake.

Dylan is finally not considered to be a run away by authorities. (Family and friends have maintained this fact since day one.)

A search warrant was issued to search Mark's property, to include his house and his vehicles. The Sheriff's office maintains that Mark is not a suspect. The search of his home by the task force is because that was the last area that Dylan was presumably in and they have to start somewhere.

There are currently 45-50 officials made up of the FBI, CBI, La Plata County sheriff's personal and other agencies assigned to the Dylan Redwine Task Force.

We still have no leads, no clues. Nothing to find Dylan.

Please keep posting and sharing and praying. Dylan is out there somewhere! We want to bring him home.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8903347

No sign of boy who vanished on visit to dad
Friday, November 30, 2012

Lia Howard, the sister of Elaine Redwine, said the family has told authorities Dylan didn't run away. She also said Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with family members in Castle Rock and was disappointed he had to go to see his father.

Elaine's boyfriend, Mike Hall, who lives with the mother in Colorado Springs, declined to speculate on what might have happened to Dylan.

"I just hope we can get him back," Hall said. "We're very grateful for the support of everyone that's trying to help in that community."
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302333/339/Police-continue-search-for-missing-Colo-boy?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

Police continue search for missing Colorado boy Dylan Redwine
12:48 PM, Nov 30, 2012 

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) - Authorities say they aren't giving up their search for a 13-year-old boy missing for 12 days in southwest Colorado.

A task force of 50 members has been going door to door since Tuesday looking for any information that could help them find the boy.

On Thursday, authorities searched the home of the boy's father because it's the last place Dylan Redwine was seen before he disappeared.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2012, 03:15:50 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Teen Boy Goes Missing Visiting Dad

Aired November 28, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, Colorado. Daddy leaves home 7:30 AM To run errands, but when he comes home just four hours later, his 13-year-old son Dylan gone.

Bombshell tonight. The 13-year-old boy reported missing 5:00 PM that evening. As cadaver dogs hit at a nearby lake, at this hour, investigators still refusing to call Dylan`s disappearance a kidnapping or a runaway. Tonight, where is 13-year-old Dylan Redwine?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Right now, crews in Colorado are searching a reservoir, looking for a missing teenager.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thirteen-year-old Dylan Redwine -- you see him there -- vanished from his father`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The family says there`s no way Dylan would have run away. It`s not like him.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or if somebody`s already done something horrible to him. But somebody knows where he`s at.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The search to find Dylan is growing daily, which includes volunteers and many of Dylan`s friends.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A deputy working this case says he has never seen anything like this.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: About everything that you can see north of me, east and west, has been part of the search area.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) him. You know, he was my hero just as much as I was his.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Divers and cadaver dogs are searching the Vallecito Reservoir near Redwine`s father`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The visit came just months after Dylan and his mother had moved some six hours away.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (INAUDIBLE) foul play. I think somebody knows where he is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight. To Colorado. Daddy leaves home 7:30 AM, comes home four hours later, his 13-year-old son, Dylan, gone. At this hour, investigators still refusing to call the boy`s disappearance a kidnapping or a runaway. So where is 13-year-old Dylan?

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Dan O`Donnell, anchor and reporter, WTMJ. Dan, what do we know?

DAN O`DONNELL, WTMJ: Well, we know that Dylan was dropped off at his father`s -- Mark`s house. He took a flight in on Sunday night. This was right before Thanksgiving. By Monday morning, 7:30 AM, Mark, the father, went out to run some errands. 11:30 was the last time anybody had seen Dylan.

Mark apparently told investigators he touched off a frantic search of his own, but didn`t report young Dylan missing until about four or five hours later. Later Monday afternoon, Dylan was reported missing, has not been seen since.

GRACE: To Jon G. Denny, joining me from KKOB. Jon, what errands did the father run?

JON G. DENNY, KKOB (via telephone): You know, we don`t exactly know, but the police -- the La Plata County sheriff`s department said he was just out all day. And they`re talking to businesses in the area, trying to see if he was in any of those.

GRACE: Well, let me ask you this, Dan O`Donnell. Based on what Jon just told me -- Dan joining me from WTMJ -- Dan, the parents are split up, right?

O`DONNELL: Yes, the parents are split up. In fact, about a year ago, Mark`s ex-wife, Elaine, Dylan`s mother, moved Dylan about six hours away. So yes, they have been split up.

GRACE: So Dan, this is a visit to the father for Thanksgiving, correct?

O`DONNELL: Yes. This was a court-ordered visit. It was going to be a week-long visit.

GRACE: So that`s a yes.

O`DONNELL: Yes.

GRACE: Dan O`Donnell, he gets there on Sunday, is that correct?

O`DONNELL: Yes.

GRACE: So he gets there on Sunday. At about what time does he arrive at his father`s house?

O`DONNELL: I believe it was in the afternoon, in the evening.

GRACE: OK. So he gets there afternoon, evening. And then next morning, the father -- this is a visit from six hours away, hasn`t seen his son in a while, and he leaves to do about four hours of errands without his son?

O`DONNELL: Yes, that`s what investigators say happened.

GRACE: OK. Ellie Jostad, do we know what errands the father was running?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: No, we don`t, Nancy, and that is a question we`ve asked investigators. They say that they understand -- they have accounted for his whereabouts, but we don`t know specifically where he was.

GRACE: Oh, so they`re saying -- let me see that video in full, Liz. There`s the boy right there. Whoa! So cute! This 13-year-old little boy missing.

So Ellie, I try to be the perfect mom. I know I`m not. But why did the dad leave a 13-year-old boy alone for four hours?

JOSTAD: Yes, and that`s a question we don`t have an answer to. Dad says he left 7:30 in the morning, comes back four hours later, 11:30. He is not there. Now, some of his friends said, you know, they were planning to see him that morning, but he never made it to the friends` house and they didn`t hear from him.

GRACE: I want to go to Sergeant Dan Bender, spokesperson for the La Plata County sheriff`s office, joining me out of Durango. Sergeant, thank you so much for being with us.

We want to help. We want to help find this boy. And I pray to God this boy is alive. You know, a lot of doubt is being cast on the dad. Why would you leave your child alone for fours when you just got him? This is a visit, the Thanksgiving visit, but -- nobody`s saying he`s a perfect dad.

What I want to find out is, where was the dad? Can we really account for his whereabouts for those four hours?

SGT. DAN BENDER, LA PLATA CTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE (via telephone): The investigators checked at the different locations that Mark Redwine said he was at during that time, including a meeting or two in Durango, I believe. And those were confirmed.

GRACE: OK. So his whereabouts are accounted for. Question. Sergeant, was there any activity on the home telephone or the computer while Dad was gone?

BENDER: Those are things that the investigators have looked into, and I don`t have that information.

So the mother is six hours away. I know he was last seen at the father`s house. So that`s where I start my investigation. Who saw the boy last?

I`ve got another question. To you, Ellie, what do we know about this little boy`s texting? Did he have a cell phone? Did he text? Did he e- mail? What do we know?

JOSTAD: Yes, he did have a cell phone, according to his mom, Elaine Redwine. And she said, too, just the fact that -- according to cell records she`s seen, the fact that there was no activity on Dylan`s cell phone after 8:00 PM is very unusual. She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

So the fact he didn`t text anybody Sunday night or Monday morning she finds odd.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The search for Dylan Redwine was focused here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s a very mountainous and remote area. It`s a huge area, basically, to search.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: One of Dylan`s fishing poles was discovered there.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or if somebody`s already done something horrible to him.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The family believes he was abducted or that foul play was involved.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Divers and cadaver dogs are searching the Vallecito Reservoir near Redwine`s father`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Dylan Redwine disappeared from his father`s home. He was visiting his father for Thanksgiving on a court-ordered visit.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Two boats, both of them equipped with sonar equipment.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Heartbreak, you know, not knowing what`s -- what they`re looking for, what`s in there.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Divers return to a Colorado lake as the search for a missing boy now enters its second week. Thirteen-year-old Dylan Redwine -- you see him there -- vanished from his father`s home during a court- appointed visit for Thanksgiving break. The visit came just months after Dylan and his mother had moved some six hours away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: His mom is making a desperate plea for his return. Police are considering all scenarios, including the possibility that Dylan may have been abducted.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I think there was foul play. I think somebody knows where he is. I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or if somebody`s already done something horrible to him, but somebody knows where he`s at. And they need to come -- they need to come forward.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Somebody does know where this little boy is at. That`s Dylan`s mom speaking out on ABC`s "GMA." Where is Dylan?

He travels about six hours for a Thanksgiving visit with his dad. He`s set to stay a week. He gets there late Sunday afternoon. Monday morning, 7:30 AM, Dad goes out to run errands for about four hours without the boy. When he gets back home, little Dylan is gone.

Take a look at this boy. There is a chance we can find him tonight. Look at Dylan! Don`t turn away. Look at this boy! Some friends think he was headed to another friend`s home and may have even hitchhiked. Where is Dylan Redwine?

Ellie, I understand that a neighboring lake has -- is being looked at. What do we know?

JOSTAD: Right, Nancy. There is a reservoir, the Vallecito Reservoir, which is only about four-and-a- half miles from the dad`s home. There was, reportedly, and the sheriff`s office just confirmed this with us, a cadaver dog, actually, two cadaver dogs that hit on that lake. So there was this huge search, which you see there in the video, divers in the water, boats on the water. And they were unable to locate anything that the dogs may have responded to.

GRACE: You know, those dogs could`ve responded to anything. I`m not convinced that their hit on this lake had anything to do with this little boy.

Out to the lines. Max in Florida. Hi, Max. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hi, there, Nancy. You know, you can`t beat Midwesterners for being full of humanity, I mean, the way they have started to search for this young man. Has anybody questioned his friends? That`s one question. And is there any problem between the husband and the wife?

GRACE: Marital problems. Out to you -- Sergeant Dan Bender is joining us, spokesperson from La Plata County sheriff`s office. Have the friends, the little friends, been interviewed?

BENDER: We have interviewed everyone that we`ve been able to identify who knew or had any time spent with Dylan, and several of those have been multiple interviews.

GRACE: Question, Sergeant. He was visiting his dad. How often did he visit?

BENDER: I don`t know what the history of the visitation was.

GRACE: Well, what I`m trying to get at, Sergeant, is did he even have friends in that area?

BENDER: Dylan actually lived in the Bayfield and Vallecito area -- they`re two towns very close to each other -- for a number of years. He went through the schools there. So he has many friends in the area.

GRACE: So he does have a lot of friends there.

To Dan O`Donnell, WTMJ. Where did the information come that he might have tried to hitchhike to a friend`s house?

O`DONNELL: Well, that was sort of the speculation amongst some of the friends. But the worry there was that if he was going to hitchhike -- as the sheriff said, he had friends in the area. There was concern that he didn`t hitchhike to a friend`s house, and that if he might have tried -- because we`re hearing that he has hitchhiked before, at least tried to hitchhike before. The friends were all concerned that they -- that he would`ve gone to see them, and he obviously didn`t.

GRACE: Man, this kid is scrubbed in sunshine. Did you see that beautiful little face? Tonight, the search is on for this 13-year-old boy. Can you help us? Tip line 1-800-THE-LOST.

To James in Montana. Hi, James. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hey, Nancy. I`ve seen -- I`ve seen this dad on the local news begging for his son to come home. I think he was even crying. And I`m just kind of outraged that all the blame`s being put on him right now. And I was just wondering, has -- I think there was a brother and a mom. I think they lived with the boy. Have they both been cleared?

GRACE: OK. First of all, James in Montana, all the -- the -- nobody`s pointing a finger at the dad. Let me just tell you that right now. But it is typical in police investigations that you start where the person was last seen.

As far as I know -- Ellie, help me out here. As far as I know, after he texted on Sunday night that he had arrived safely, he was never heard or seen from again by anybody but the father. And he`s a prolific texter. This kid texts all the time.

JOSTAD: Yes, that`s right, Nancy. We don`t have any confirmed reports that anybody saw him between 8:00 PM Sunday until 7:30 AM on Monday morning. Now, there are some sightings after he was reported missing that have not been yet confirmed, but they still can`t substantiate those.

GRACE: Sergeant Bender, is it true that nobody can confirm he is seen or heard from since he texted home when he arrived at his dad`s house Sunday night?

BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.

Special guest joining me Denise Hess, a close friend of the family helping to organize these searches. Ms. Hess, thank you for being with us. Why didn`t he take his son on the errands? That`s a question a lot of parents have tonight.

DENISE HESS, FAMILY FRIEND (via telephone): You know, Nancy, we live in a very small community, and Dylan is 13 years old. And so I don`t think that it`s uncommon for someone who has a teenager that maybe doesn`t want to get up first thing in the morning to go and run errands and then come back and get them where they need to be.

We -- we look out for each other`s children. We watch out. We know where everybody`s children are. And so people feel safe here.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Three trained dogs found four locations near the dam where a human scent was picked up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Vanished from his father`s home during a court- appointed visit for Thanksgiving break. The visit came just months after Dylan and his mother had moved some six hours away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Foul play or abduction could have been involved.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And Dylan`s family was asked to bring more of his clothes by investigators so the dogs could pick up a better scent.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Heartbreak, you know, not knowing what`s -- what they`re looking for, what`s in there, what -- you know, we have no question and no answers, either.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Where is Dylan? There is a chance we can help find him tonight. This little boy goes to visit dad for Thanksgiving holiday. He gets there Sunday afternoon into the evening. He texts mom back home he`s OK and he`s safe. He`s never seen by anybody else again. Dad goes out for errands the following morning, 7:30 AM. When he gets home four hours later, the little boy is gone.

Out to Marc Klaas. Marc, weigh in.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, first of all, Nancy, people are pointing a lot of fingers at the father because he was the last person to see Dylan alive, also because law enforcement is not treating this like a runaway, by any means, not if they`re taking cadaver dogs into lakes, not if they`re running multi-jurisdictional searches.

And also, the father is being very mean towards the mother and the brother. He`s not contacting them. He`s not providing any information to them. He`s a reluctant witness, as far as the media goes.

So I can understand why people would point fingers at this guy. And I think that he has to be a lot more forthcoming if we`re going to have a chance of finding Dylan.

I don`t believe this little boy ran away. His cell phone, apparently, was turned off immediately, which was out of character. So nothing is adding up in this case.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Search efforts were ramped up.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s a huge area, basically, to search.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The chance of the scent being anything other than human is unlikely.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hopes are high, but the situation isn`t very promising, so...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think anyone that has a child would understand how devastated the family is.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... the fact that foul play or abduction could have been involved. Because of that reason, that`s why the FBI has decided to step up its presence in this case.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I can`t even explain it, you know, I mean, it just tears you up inside, you know, not knowing where, what he`s doing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It started with the search and rescue dogs, who are trained to pick up the scent of humans even under water. Bubbles from down below allow that.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: If it`s an air scent dog, that dog`s going to pick up the scent in the air or along surface of the ground or water.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Three trained dogs found four locations near the dam where a human scent...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I think there was foul play. I think someone knows where he is. I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or if somebody`s already done something horrible to him, but somebody knows where he`s at. And they need to come -- they need to come forward.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That is Dylan`s mother speaking out, begging for help on ABC`s "GMA." Where is Dylan? There is a chance his life can be saved.

We are taking your calls. I want to go out to you, Jon Denny, news reporter joining me from KKOB. For those just joining us, Jon, give me the update. What`s the latest in the search for this little boy?

DENNY: What I understand, the search has been called off as far as the lake, the Vallecito Reservoir. And police are going door to door in the neighborhood north of the dad`s home, interviewing people.

GRACE: To you, Dan O`Donnell. Give it to me in a thumbnail. This little boy goes to visit Dad for Thanksgiving holiday. It`s about six hours away from here his mother and siblings now live. He gets there safely around afternoon, evening on Sunday before Thanksgiving, Monday morning dad heads out for errands, 7:30 a.m. Comes home four hours later, the boy`s gone.

What else do we know, Dan O`Donnell?

O`DONNELL: Right, well, the boy was last seen at 11:30, the father told investigators that he started his search on his own for about four hours, didn`t report him missing until the early evening on that Monday. The most bizarre thing about this case, though, Nancy, is that Dylan, a prolific texter as most 13-year-old boys are who have cell phones -- his phone was not used since 8:00 p.m. Sunday night. His phone was not even on after 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

GRACE: Let`s analyze what we know.

OK. Bethany Marshall, psychoanalyst. Bethany, my little boy just turned 5, and when people come to the door, I haven`t given him an iPad or nothing like that. But when people come to the door, he goes, I`m going to need your cell phone now because he knows how to look up games on an iPhone and find stuff. He keeps trying to get my BlackBerry to look up games. So when they`re into it, they`re into it. What does this mean?

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": Yes. Well, and also this little boy`s older brother Cory, the 21-year-old, said that the little boy was glued to his cell phone and that if he was ever in trouble or needed anything he would`ve called his older brother, mother, and stepfather. And the fact that he hasn`t reached out does not speak well.

You know, the mother of this little boy said something very interesting. She said of her ex-husband, he is the kind of guy that could tell himself if I can`t have Dylan nobody will. That`s a very sophisticated comment into the mindset of her ex-husband. And it tells me that she had insight into his character and that she was worried for this little boy. The fact that the dad is pleading for his son`s safe return tells us nothing about his culpability.

What one needs to listen to in the interviews with the father is, does he have empathy toward the missing boy? And does he have empathy towards his ex-wife and extended family? For instance, is he saying, I`m worried about my little boy, does he have food, shelter, please bring him home?

GRACE: Back to you, Ellie. You heard Marc Klaas say that the father is being, quote, "mean." Not sharing information with the mother. I can`t even imagine not knowing where my children are. What did -- what do you -- what do you know about that, Ellie, about saying the dad is not sharing information?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, it`s unclear exactly what the mom, Elaine Redwine, is referring to. She`s given a couple of quotes to local media where sometimes it seems as if she`s talking about Dylan, sometimes it seems as though she`s talking about the father, Mark Redwine, where she says she hasn`t been able to reach them and he`s been evasive.

Now if she`s talking about Mark Redwine, he says that`s not true, he says she`s making this into more than it needs to be. He says he doesn`t want to lash out at her. So that`s been his response to the things she`s said.

GRACE: Unleash the lawyers. Kirby Clements, Atlanta, Randy Zelin, New York.

Kirby Clements, I`ve gotten a lot of callers saying why are you focusing on the dad, you were a prosecutor before you became a defense lawyer. That`s just SOP, not the dad necessarily, but whoever was with the child last and their immediate family, then if you don`t get answers, you move out to neighbors, extended family, friends, teachers.

You move out, out, out, out until you get some information. So it`s not the dad himself, it`s just that`s where he was last.

KIRBY CLEMENTS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, I agree with you, Nancy. I mean, you know, an investigation is very painful for the people that are -- that are sometimes the victims of, you know, the loss because they get looked at like suspects initially, but you have to rule out those people. And that`s part of the process.

GRACE: Hey, Kirby, how old are your children now?

CLEMENTS: My son is 17 and my daughter`s 12.

GRACE: Right. I knew that one was in the 12 or 13 area. Would you -- mine are 5, so of course I wouldn`t leave them alone. Would you leave the 13-year-old alone for four hours?

CLEMENTS: You know, it`s my daughter, I`m one of those crazy dads, so --

GRACE: So no?

CLEMENTS: No, I probably wouldn`t.

GRACE: So I`m not going to call DFACS on you tonight.

CLEMENTS: I mean, I left my son alone, though, when he was 13, but my daughter, that`s my baby girl, so, no.

GRACE: To Sergeant Dan Bender, joining me from the sheriff`s office. Any explanation about why he did not take his son with him to run errands? It may have been as simple as Denise has said that a lot of -- that a lot of boys don`t want to get up that early.

BENDER: That was something that the father did mention.

GRACE: And to you, Sgt. Bender, please help me out. The mother is indicating the father is not sharing information with her?

BENDER: I`ve heard that in the media.

GRACE: OK. So you don`t have a beat on that.

Ellie, do we know when the mom finally learned that the little boy was missing?

JOSTAD: It`s my understanding that she learned that Dylan was missing shortly after around the same time that the dad reported him missing. She said she jumped in her car in Colorado Springs, 300 some miles away, and headed straight to Vallecito to help look for him.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dylan`s family says investigators were brought to the dam after one of Dylan`s fishing poles was discovered there. Dylan`s brother Cory was among the many who watched as a dive team from New Mexico searched the dog spotted areas in the lake.

He and his brother are close, really close. The family says there`s no way Dylan would`ve run away. It`s not like him. They believe he was abducted or that foul play was involved.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dylan`s family was asked to bring more of his clothes by investigators so the dogs could pick up a better scent.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Where is this little boy Dylan? Take a look at Dylan Redwine.

We`re taking your calls, Amy, New Jersey. Hi, Amy. What`s your question?

AMY, CALLER FROM NEW JERSEY: Hi, Nancy. My heart really goes out to this family. Did the dad ever take a polygraph?

GRACE: Good question. Out to Sgt. Dan Bender. Did he take a poly?

BENDER: I do know that the investigators spoke with him on a number of occasions, that would be information on the ongoing investigation, I couldn`t refer to now.

GRACE: To Denise Hess, this is a very close friend of the family. She`s even organizing searches for this little boy.

Denise, do we know if the father`s taken a polygraph?

HESS: I do not know that information. I`ve been in close contact with the family, but, of course, I`m sure investigators are telling them to not really speak publicly even with close friends at this point.

GRACE: Denise, what is the custody situation with little Dylan?

HESS: Dylan was awarded -- his mother was awarded full custody of him in September and then his father was awarded visitation on certain days.

GRACE: So how far apart do the mother and the father actually live?

HESS: It takes about traveling by -- by car, it takes about five hours to reach Colorado Springs from here.

GRACE: OK. Did Dylan drive or fly to his dad`s?

HESS: He flew in to the Durango Airport here. It`s my understanding around 6:00 or 6:30 Sunday evening.

GRACE: And what if anything did the father have planned to do with the little boy during the vacation?

HESS: I don`t know of anything specific. I know when I had spoke with the father at one point he said that they had gone shopping after they got off the -- after he picked up Dylan at the airport they had gone shopping for groceries and had talked about what they wanted to do for Thanksgiving.

I do know that Dylan had planned to spend time with friends and that he was supposed to be his friends around 6:30 in the morning, and it was his intent to get up and his dad to drive him to meet his friends at 6:30 in the morning.

GRACE: You mean on Monday morning?

HESS: Yes.

GRACE: OK. That`s interesting. That`s a new fact I didn`t know. I wonder what happened to that plan because the dad left at 7:30 without Dylan.

HESS: The dad said that Dylan had been up fairly late, the evening before he flew -- the night before he flew in to Durango. And he was really tired they had gone to bed. And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn`t want to get up and go into town at that time.

GRACE: Do we know, Denise Hess, whether there was any forced entry? Was anything taken from the home? And does the home have a burglar alarm or surveillance cameras on it?

HESS: I don`t know any of that information.

GRACE: OK.

Everyone, with me, close friend of the family, Denise Hess, and Denise, what is the relationship between the mother and the father? Is that still contentious?

HESS: Yes, they -- they`ve been back and forth over a few things. You know, a lot of divorces get nasty and messy and, you know, it`s unfortunate that people can`t always get along. But I don`t know that -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that.

GRACE: Yes.

HESS: I don`t know that.

GRACE: Or one of the issues they fought about Dylan?

HESS: Not really to my knowledge until Elaine was awarded custody of Dylan and then Mark went and asked for visitation rights. That`s the only thing I know of. Other than that --

GRACE: How did the mom manage to get full custody?

HESS: I don`t know. I think that I need to clarify that she had -- it`s primary custodial rights.

GRACE: Yes. Yes. Yes.

HESS: So -- yes.

GRACE: That is different, Denise, you`re absolutely right about that.

Randy Zelin, explain the difference.

RANDY ZELIN, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, the difference is when you`re talking about custody, you can have one parent being awarded sole custody. You can have parents being awarded joint custody. However, one parent has physical custody.

I`m divorced, that`s the arrangement that I have. We share custody, but my children live with my ex-wife. So that`s the difference.

GRACE: Out to the lines, Derek, Illinois. What`s your question, dear?

DEREK, CALLER FROM ILLINOIS: Hi, Nancy, I`m so happy you`re covering this. I only see it on you guys and ABC. I was wondering, what does the family friend think? I mean she knows them both. Has she -- what does the mom say about the dad? And does she think the dad did it? I know that`s kind of a sensitive question. But what does she think?

GRACE: You know, Denise Hess, what do you think?

HESS: I think that -- I don`t believe that Dylan ran away. I don`t -- I don`t really know what happened to Dylan, I can`t point the finger in any direction at this point. But I do know this community, I know there`s one way in that lake and one way out of that lake. And I just don`t -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that question. I just know that all of us that are very close to Dylan know that he would not run away.

We all know in our hearts that he would not run away. We all feel like he would have contacted his friends in the morning. If he overslept, then those teenagers sometimes do, he would`ve called his friends and asked his friends to have their moms come and get him or something. We just don`t know. It`s just -- it`s very odd to all of us that he vanished and we just don`t know.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The search for Dylan Redwine was focused here.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: It`s a very mountainous and remote area.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: It`s a huge area basically to search.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: One of Dylan`s fishing poles was discovered there.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or if somebody`s already done something horrible to him.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The family believed he was abducted or that foul play was involved.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Divers and cadaver dogs are searching the Vallecito reservoir near Redwine`s father`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dylan Redwine disappeared from his father`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: He was visiting his father for Thanksgiving on a court-ordered visit.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Two boats, both of them equipped with sonar equipment.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Heartbreak, you know? Not knowing what they`re looking for.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: It started with the search and rescue dogs who are trained to pick up the scent of humans even under water. Bubbles from down below allow that.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: If it`s an air scent dog, that dog is going to pick up the scent in the air or along the surface of the ground or water.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Three trained dogs found four locations near the dam where a human scent was picked up. The trainer says the chance of the scent being anything other than human is unlikely.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Where is Dylan?

To Dr. Bill Manion, medical examiner and expert joining me out of Philly tonight.

Dr. Manion, the search of that lake is over. They`ve ended it. This is after cadaver dogs hit on it, but cadaver dogs can hit on a lot of things. Not just a dead body.

DR. BILL MANION, M.D., MEDICAL EXAMINER, BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ: Well, yes. I mean, we`re human beings, we`re all mammals. There could be other animals in there that died. And would give off similar amino acids like cadaver, for instance and the dogs could hit on that as well as humans. That`s right.

GRACE: We are taking your calls. To Sgt. Dan Bender, spokesperson, La Plata County Sheriffs Office.

Sergeant, the search of the lake has been called off. Why?

BENDER: We`re still searching in the area, the Vallecito area. However, it`s a very large lake. It takes 12 miles to drive around the entire lake. And we were searching, the reason we brought up the divers and the sonar and such is because of the dog alerts in a very small area. Our search by the divers and sonar actually covered an area probably 20 times the (INAUDIBLE) where the dogs alerted and there was simply nothing found there.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Right now, crews in Colorado are searching a reservoir looking for a missing teenager.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Family says there`s no way Dylan would have run away. It`s not like him.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if somebody`s hiding him or somebody`s already done something horrible to him. But somebody knows where he`s at.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The search to find Dylan is growing daily. Which includes volunteers and many of Dylan`s friends.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Deputy working this case says he has never seen anything like this.

CORY REDWINE, MISSING 13-YEAR-OLD`S BROTHER: Hopes are high, but the situation isn`t very promising. So me and him, you know, he was my hero just as much as I was his. It`s been -- I can`t even explain it, you know, I mean, it just tears you up inside. You know, not knowing where, what he`s doing. It`s been killing me. It`s been hard for our whole entire family.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Three trained dogs found four locations near the dam where human scent was picked up.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Vanished from his father`s home during a court- appointed visit for Thanksgiving break. The visit came just months after Dylan and his mother had moved some six hours away.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Foul play or abduction could have been involved.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And Dylan`s family was ask to bring more of his clothes by investigators so the dogs can pick up a better scent.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Out to Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlaasKids.

Marc, when you mentioned that the dad was being, quote, "mean," and kind of hoarding information from the mom about this little boy`s disappearance, what did you mean?

KLAAS: Well, Nancy, she told ABC News that she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son. She said, he hasn`t had any contact with us. My older son tried to get ahold of him by texting him and he wouldn`t respond.

I just find it odd that at a time like this he would be so evasive. I think that`s -- I think that`s cruel. When your child is missing, I think that that`s absolutely cruel to withhold information from the child`s other parent.

GRACE: Bethany Marshall, you`re the psychoanalyst. What is this, parental warfare at a time when the 13-year-old is missing? Isn`t that a kind of a misplaced priority?

MARSHALL: Well, not only is it misplaced, but it really shows a punitive, condescending, punishing aspect -- attitude on his part towards her which really begs the question, if he has such a punishing stance towards her, that he would withhold information about their child. How else has he punished her in the past? And does he have a punishing relationship with this little boy?

GRACE: Everyone, the tip line, 1-800-THE-LOST. There is a -- there`s time to find Dylan.

Everyone, "DR. DREW" is up next. I`ll see you tomorrow night, 8:00 sharp Eastern. And until then, good night, friend.

END

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »

http://www.kjct8.com/news/Investigators-interview-father-of-missing-boy/-/163152/17609894/-/yrl3duz/-/index.html

Investigators interview father of missing boy
POSTED: 01:42 PM MST Nov 30, 2012 UPDATED: 01:43 PM MST Nov 30, 2012

According to La Plata County Sheriff's Office, authorities concluded their search of the home around 9:00 p.m. Thursday.

Officials said that Redwine is cooperating with the investigation and he volunteered to give an official interview to the task force Thursday afternoon.

Lt. Ray Shupe with the task force said, "This is an ongoing investigation and we are not releasing any information about the official interview of Mr. Redwine or what was, or was not taken from Mr. Redwine's residence."
According to La Plata County sheriff's officials, Dylan's parents have brought in friends and family from out-of-state for moral support and to assist with the continued search efforts for their son.

Door-to-door canvassing by task force members began on Tuesday, November 27 but has been concluded at this time.

Lt. Shupe said they would like to thank the community for sharing video footage of the Vallecito area, taken between the evening of Sunday, November 18 and noon on Monday, November 19.

"Footage is currently being analyzed by investigators for clues," said Lt. Shupe.

The task force is still requesting video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Reservoir during that time frame.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121130/NEWS01/121139996/Search-ends-at-teen%E2%80%99s-father%E2%80%99s-house

Search ends at teen's father's house
Authorities refuse to discuss what was found
By Jordyn Dahl Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:25pm

Investigators concluded their search of the home of Mark Redwine, father of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, Thursday night after serving a search warrant in the morning.

Mark Redwine also agreed to give an official interview to the task force for the case – comprised of agents from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, Durango Police Department, Bayfield Marshals Office, FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation – after investigators asked if he would be willing to do an in-depth interview, said Lt. Ray Shupe, spokesman for the task force.

Redwine has given several cursory interviews in the past, but this was the first in-depth interview he has given, Shupe said. No attorney was present for the interview, and Shupe said Redwine has not retained an attorney.

The task force concluded its door-to-door canvassing that began Tuesday and have shifted their focus to following up on leads and evidence.

“Until we put together any leads or information that leads us in a certain direction, most work is going to take place internally,” he said.

Volunteers can continue searching the area surrounding Vallecito Reservoir after authorities requested earlier this week that they stay away for a few days while investigators canvassed the area.

It has been ruled out that Dylan ran away from the home. He was last seen Nov. 19. Authorities also have ruled out the possibility that the teenager wandered into the wilderness and got lost around Vallecito Reservoir.

“Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation,” Shupe said in a news release.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129528/0/FRONTPAGE/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

Timeline of events in Dylan Redwine case

Article Last Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012 3:14pm

Day 1: Sunday, Nov. 18

Evening: Dylan arrives in Durango from Colorado Springs after 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson issued a court order granting Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, visitation rights during the Thanksgiving holiday. Dylan sends his mother, Elaine, a text message that says he has arrived. Elaine Redwine tells The Durango Herald that Dylan’s text message ended with an emoticon that was interpreted as a scowl.

Day 2: Monday, Nov. 19

6:30 a.m.: According to Dylan’s friends, he was to meet them at this time in Bayfield. His friends say he did not show up.

7:30 a.m.: Mark Redwine says he left his house to run errands in Durango. This is the last time he saw Dylan.

11:30 a.m.: Mark Redwine says he returns home and finds that Dylan is gone.

2 p.m.: A postal worker may have seen Dylan walking on County Road 501 near Vallecito with another boy. Both reportedly were wearing hooded sweatshirts and had black backpacks.

Afternoon: Mark Redwine checks with Dylan’s friends when he does not find Dylan at his home and notifies Elaine Redwine that the teen is missing.

6 p.m.: Mark Redwine calls police to report Dylan missing. Shortly after, La Plata County Search and Rescue begins searching for Dylan in areas near County Road 500, where his father lives, north of Vallecito Reservoir.

Day 3: Tuesday, Nov. 20

Afternoon: Two rescue workers think they may have seen Dylan on two separate occasions but say he fled into the forest. One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan.

La Plata County Search and Rescue look all day using ground search teams and dogs but pull out before dark in the hopes that Dylan would be encouraged to go to a friend’s house for the night.

Day 5: Thursday, Nov. 22

Two search teams of 30 volunteers each canvass Vallecito Reservoir and Forest Lakes areas, handing out fliers and searching abandoned buildings.

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office starts working with local FBI representatives.

Day 6: Friday, Nov. 23

Elaine Redwine tells the Herald that Dylan would not have run away and says “someone knows where he is.”

Dylan’s photo is featured on the website of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Day 7: Saturday, Nov. 24

Nearly 200 community volunteers and law-enforcement personnel, including a helicopter from the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office, La Plata County Mounted Patrol, La Plata County Search and Rescue teams and two K-9 search and rescue teams, go door to door and search the forest in Vallecito and Bayfield.

Afternoon: Law-enforcement teams with cadaver dogs search Vallecito Reservoir. The dogs “hit” on several spots near the dam while aboard a watercraft.

Day 7: Sunday, Nov. 25

A dive team from New Mexico State Police searches the area targeted by cadaver dogs Saturday near the dam at Vallecito Reservoir. No body is found.

Day 9: Monday, Nov. 26

Three law-enforcement boats equipped with sonar trace patterns search three points on Vallecito Reservoir near the dam that cadaver dogs on Saturday indicated were points of interest. Nothing unusual is found.

The FBI officially joins the investigation.

Elaine Redwine tells ABC News Radio she is afraid Mark Redwine had something to do with Dylan’s disappearance. She also says her ex-husband was upset that she had received primary custody of the teenager.

Day 10: Tuesday, Nov. 27

Authorities refocus the search for Dylan. A task force with members from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Durango Police Department, FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation makes door-to-door visits in the area.

6 p.m.: Friends and family hold a vigil for Dylan, and Mark Redwine makes his first public appearance.

Day 11: Wednesday, Nov. 28

9 a.m.: Mark Redwine tells the Herald that he does not think Dylan ran away because he had nothing to run away from.

1 p.m.: La Plata County Sheriff’s Office sends a news release saying they ruled out that Dylan ran away.

Twenty law officers continue door-to-door visits and inspection of buildings.

Three canine units belonging to La Plata Search and Rescue explore areas adjacent to Vallecito Reservoir but not along the shore.

Day 12: Thursday, Nov. 29

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office executes a search warrant at Mark Redwine’s house on County Road 500.

Herald staff

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2012, 02:09:05 AM »

Video at link.  Judge issued protective orders during and after the divorce.  9NEWS is waiting for court records from those hearings.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302378/188/Missing-boys-father-denies-involvement

Dylan Redwine Colorado Missing Boy Search 9 Wants to Know
8:44 PM, Nov 30, 2012

DURANGO - Dylan Redwine's father, Mark Redwine, defended himself in an interview with 9News Friday.

Thursday, investigators searched for evidence in Mark Redwine's home. The La Plata County Sheriff's Office has said he is not a suspect.

However, this week the boy's mom claimed that Redwine may have something to do with their son's disappearance.

He denies that.

"I think mom's lashing out because mom is thinking the worst," Mark Redwine said. "I think she's just looking for somebody to lash out to because in everybody's eyes, I was the last person to see him."

Redwine and his wife went through a divorce several years ago. There were accusations of domestic violence, according to court records.

Redwine told 9 Wants to Know that investigators have not brought up those past allegations. Redwine says he wants everyone to concentrate on the search for Dylan.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »

Video

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Dylan-s-Dad-On-Disappearance/-/9153728/17616048/-/wf7rtoz/-/index.html

Dylan's Dad On Disappearance
UPDATED 8:10 PM MST Nov 30, 2012

New Developments tonight in the search for a missing 13-year old Colorado Springs boy. Dylan Redwine's father is the last person who saw him, at his house in Vallecito.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2012, 02:16:08 AM »

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Uncut-Mark-Redwine-talks-about-son-s-dissapearance/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

Uncut: Mark Redwine talks about son's dissapearance
UPDATED 9:26 PM MST Nov 30, 2012

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Uncut-Mark-Redwine-talks-about-son-s-dissapearance/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html#ixzz2DmWx39Pi

Mark Redwine talks about son Dylan Redwine.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:05 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-task-force-asking-for-help-from-public-in-criminal-investigation

Dylan Redwine Task Force asking for help from public in criminal investigation

Posted: 12/01/2012
Last Updated: 44 minutes ago

DURANGO, Colo. - The criminal investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine continued Saturday with no news of the fate of the boy.

Redwine has been missing since Nov. 19 while on a court-ordered visit to his father's home in Vallecito. Dylan lived with his mother in Monument and texted her when he arrived at the airport to be picked up.  That is the last time she heard from him.

Investigators said they do not believe the boy ran away from home.  He planned to meet friends in Bayfield early on Nov. 19 but never showed up.

Mark Redwine, Dylan's father, was interviewed at length Thursday night by investigators.   He did not ask for an attorney and is not considered a suspect or person of interest in the case, officials said.

Mark Redwine said he ran errands the morning Dylan disappeared.  He told the Durango Herald he had driven to Durango to meet with his divorce lawyer.

Dylan Redwine Task Force members, comprised of members of the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Durango Police Department and Bayfield Marshall’s Office, are examining evidence collected in the case.

Video and photographs provided by the community to the Task Force are being analyzed by investigators for clues.  The Task Force is still requesting any recreational video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 through noon on Monday Nov.  19.  Citizens who have video footage or photographs that may be helpful to the investigation are asked to call dispatch at 970-385-2900 to make an arrangement to get a copy of the footage or photographs to the Task Force.

Citizens who have information that may aid in the search for Dylan are asked to leave a voicemail message on the Dylan Redwine Tip Line at 970-382-7511.  If a citizen wants a return call from law enforcement, they must leave their contact information, but anonymous tips are also acceptable.  The tip line is not a manned telephone number and it is not a way to get information about the search,

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan’s whereabouts.  Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112.

Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121128/NEWS01/121129612/0/News01/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121128/NEWS01/121129612/0/News01/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald
Mark Redwine, father of Dylan, said Wednesday at his home in Vallecito that he wants the media to focus on his missing son, not on him.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »

http://**/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder

With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope

POSTED:   12/02/2012 12:01:00 AM MST
UPDATED:   12/02/2012 12:20:15 AM MSTBy Nancy Lofholm
The Denver Post

VALLECITO — Dylan Redwine's half-smile is everywhere in the Pine River Valley.

Missing fliers with the 13-year-old's picture are affixed to road signs, pinned to bulletin boards, stuck in car windows, flashing on digital sign boards and displayed on businesses' entrance doors — sometimes two or three at a time, just in case someone might miss one.

One flier is taped to the front door of the small, sage-green house where Dylan was last seen and where his father, Mark Redwine, now hunches over on a couch, his eyes reddening as he considers dire possibilities nearly two weeks after Dylan went missing.

Dylan wouldn't have run away: He was too happy, his father said, in spite of the fact that his parents had been locked in a rough divorce battle for about seven years. It's unlikely he was abducted from this home in a tiny community where everyone knows everyone else in the offseason and few lock doors.

That leaves hitchhiking.

Mark said he learned from some of Dylan's friends in the wake of the disappearance that his son had been known to hitchhike.

So he ponders the what-ifs and details that might have led to Dylan's hitchhiking.

His son, who had flown in the evening before his disappearance to spend Thanksgiving with his father, badly wanted to go see friends who lived in Bayfield. Dylan had lived near there with his mother, Elaine Redwine, until July, when they moved to the Front Range.

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning.

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.

"His priority was pretty much with his friends, so I wasn't alarmed," Mark said.

In hindsight, Mark wonders whether Dylan became impatient and hitchhiked. "I can't quite wrap my mind around that yet," he said.

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cellphone service. When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him.

Mark became alarmed and drove the 20 miles to Bayfield. Dylan's friends there hadn't seen him either. Mark called Elaine Redwine and went to the Bayfield Marshal's Office.

In his home, still jumbled from a 12-hour search by investigators several days ago, Mark is having a harder time holding on to that hope.

"Reality starting to set in"

And he is trying to deal with the added weight of knowing that some people think he had something to do with his son's disappearance because he was the last one to see him. He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney to help him with that. And he said he is helping in the search in any way he can.

"I just want my son back," he said. "I know it's crossing all our minds — reality is starting to set in that that may not be a possibility."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2012, 11:45:31 AM »

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121201/NEWS01/121209940/Volunteers-not-giving-up-hope

Volunteers not giving up hope
Community comes together to help find Dylan Redwine
Robert Galin
Herald Staff Writer Article Last Updated: Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:06pm

People from around Southwest Colorado, the Front Range and even other countries continue their concern and volunteer efforts to find missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. The teen vanished from his father’s Vallecito home Nov. 19.

STEVE LEWIS/Durango Herald
Eight to 10 volunteers showed up Saturday at Plaza Video in Bayfield to double the 500 ribbons that already had been made to assist in the search for Dylan Redwine.

A prayer vigil is planned for 6 to 7 p.m. today at Dylan’s new school, Lewis-Palmer Middle School in Woodmoor, near Colorado Springs. The vigil will take place at the corner of Front and Second Streets in nearby Monument, about 21 miles north of Colorado Springs on Interstate 25.

Just like his friends near Colorado Springs, the communities in Southwest Colorado are keeping the faith.

“I’m not going to give up hope until we have Dylan,” family friend and volunteer search organizer Denise Hess said Saturday.

Hess has turned her video and women’s clothing store in a Bayfield strip mall into volunteer headquarters. Saturday, volunteers were making ribbons that sell for $5 to help fund the search efforts and support Dylan’s family while they wait for news.

“I can’t even thank the people enough,” Hess said.

Since late Nov. 19, community members have been helping search for the teen, feed and house his family and spread the word about Dylan’s disappearance.

Dylan vanished the morning of Nov. 19 during a court-ordered visit with his father, Mark Redwine. The boy’s mother, Elaine Redwine, and older brother, Corey, moved to Colorado Springs from Bayfield about four months ago. Mark and Elaine Redwine were divorced in 2007.

Hess said that Elaine Redwine is having a difficult time.

“Every day that goes by it’s harder” for her, Hess said. “I can’t even imagine where Elaine’s at right now.”

Hess said that by Friday evening, volunteers had produced 500 ribbons.

The blue ribbons read: “Help us bring Dylan Redwine Home!! Missing from Vallecito, CO 11-19-12.”

Community members Saturday already were buying some of the ribbons even as more were being made. The money made from these ribbons goes into an account at Wells Fargo.

Hess reiterated that “Dylan wouldn’t run away.”

She said Dylan would never put his mother through that pain. If he was having a bad time at the lake, he would call or text his mother, as he did once before disappearing, she said.

Hess said Dylan and Elaine are close.
He even called his mother “Mutti,” a familiar variant of the more formal German word for mother, “Mutter,” Hess said. It is like calling one’s mother mommy or mummy, according to Collins Collaborative Dictionary. Dylan’s grandmother is German.

Dylan’s disappearance has been tough on everyone, Hess said.

“It’s been an emotional roller coaster,” she said.

Hess said this type of thing doesn’t happen in a community like Bayfield-Vallecito.

Just as importantly, it is the off-season at Vallecito, so most people around there now are residents or local visitors.

“It’s always been a very close-knit community,” Hess said. “I think this even will reinforce that.

Shupe, acting spokesman for the Dylan Redwine Task Force investigating Dylan’s vanishing, said there was no significant news to report Saturday.

Law enforcement is asking that anyone who may have photographs or video of Vallecito Reservoir or Bayfield around the time of Dylan’s disappearance contact them.

They are looking for video or photos that show vehicles along the typical routes between Vallecito and Durango from 6 p.m. Nov. 18 to noon Nov. 19.

The county dispatch center may be contacted at 385-2900.

The footage already received is being analyzed for clues.

In addition, people with possible information may call a telephone tip line at 382-7511. Calls also can be made to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678.

The task force includes members of the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, FBI, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Durango Police Department and Bayfield Marshal’s Office.

The case is receiving both national and international attention, including a time on the Nancy Grace show on the Headline News network, among others.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.