March 19, 2024, 05:00:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 710429 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 01:57:48 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/535818819781297

::snipping2::

Cory Redwine Wow my brother is missing and he says she is making "it more than it needs to be" It can never be big enough!!
about an hour ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 31

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »

Why not?  Why no searches?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/no-active-search-for-missing-colorado-teen-dylan-redwine-planned-for-tuesday

No active search for missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine planned for Tuesday
Sonar sweeps of Vallecito Lake find no new clues

Posted: 11/27/2012
Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Anica Padilla

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - No active searches for missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine are planned for Tuesday, after sonar sweep of Vallecito Lake found no new clues.

Seven New Mexico State Police scuba divers used three different boats with four different sonar systems to sweep the southern end of Vallecito Lake Monday. That's where cadaver dogs from the La Plata County Search and Rescue Team alerted on a scent both Saturday and Sunday.

But divers didn't find anything, and with no new clues to go on, no further searches are planned Tuesday.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office said it is investigating possibilities ranging from Dylan running away to a kidnapping.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »

Authorities Check Leads On Missing Boy
November 27, 2012 9:37 AM

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) — Authorities are checking leads in their investigation of a missing 13-year-old boy in southwestern Colorado.

La Plata County sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender said Tuesday the FBI, police and other agencies are following up on tips, but so far there is no sign of the boy.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/27/authorities-check-leads-on-missing-boy/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1990769785001

From the video...One of the diver's stated last night that the diver's were going to be out at the lake today, so hopefully they haven't completely given up there.  It was stated in the same interview that the scent that the dogs picked up on the water could easily have drifted across the water from another area.  I hope he's not in there, but at the same time I hope they make sure he's not.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/no-active-search-for-missing-colorado-teen-dylan-redwine-planned-for-tuesday

New Mexico State Police divers search Vallecito Lake for signs of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.
(Photo courtesy: La Plata County Sheriff's Office)
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Last Updated: 10 hours ago

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - No active searches for missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine are planned for Tuesday, after sonar sweep of Vallecito Lake found no new clues.

Seven New Mexico State Police scuba divers used three different boats with four different sonar systems to sweep the southern end of Vallecito Lake Monday. That's where cadaver dogs from the La Plata County Search and Rescue Team alerted on a scent both Saturday and Sunday.

But divers didn't find anything, and with no new clues to go on, no further searches are planned Tuesday.

Dylan was last seen Monday Nov. 19. Now even Dylan's mother is feeling the pressure of trying to maintain hope.

"I think somebody knows where he is. I don't know if somebody's hiding him or if somebody's already done something horrible to him," Elaine Redwine told ABC News.

"The panic is just, you know, Where is he? Is he hurt? Was he able to have turkey at Thanksgiving? You know, just, all the things you want for your children. And the panic sets in because I can't do anything," the mother added.

Elaine Redwine also questions why the boy's father, Mark Redwine, had no clothing to offer search teams and K-9 units.

Other family members have hinted that Mark could be violent.

7News reached out to Mark Redwine he said those comments simply aren’t right.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »

Why not?  Why no searches?

Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Anica Padilla

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office said it is investigating possibilities ranging from Dylan running away to a kidnapping.

Could it be that there are plea negotiations taking place behind the scenes?

Janet

+++++

Missing Boy's Mother Suspects Ex-Husband in Son's Disappearance
Nov. 26, 2012

The mother of 13-year-old boy Dylan Redwine, who disappeared a week ago during a court ordered visit to his father, fears that the dad may have done something to "remove Dylan from the situation."

Dylan Redwine was last seen at the home of his father, Mark Redwine, when he vanished seven days ago.

"I was married to Mark for a lot of years, and I know the way he reacts to things," Elaine Redwine told ABC News. "If Dylan maybe did or said something that wasn't what Mark wanted to hear, I'm just afraid of how Mark would have reacted."

<snipped>

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she believes her ex-husband was upset that she was the court-mandated primary custodian of their son.

"I don't think Mark treats him very well," Elaine Redwine said. "I would not put it past Mark to have done something to remove Dylan from the situation. You know, like 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'"

Dylan had been with his dad in Vallecito, Colo., for just one day before he went missing. Mark Redwine told police that his son was in his home when he left to run some errands at 7:30 a.m. When he returned four hours later, the boy was missing.

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.

"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."

Mark Redwine declined to speak to ABC News.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/news

Frustration mounting
‘I’m running out of prayers,’ Dylan Redwine’s mother says
By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24pm

VALLECITO – The frustration of a mother increased Monday – the eighth day searchers failed to turn up a trace of her missing 13-year-old son.

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald
Cory Redwine, 21-year-old brother of Dylan Redwine, watches members of the New Mexico State Police dive team conduct sonar scanning of the bottom of Vallecito Reservoir on Monday as the search for Dylan entered its eighth day.

“I’m running out of prayers,” Elaine Redwine said as she watched a law-enforcement boat equipped with sonar trace patterns on the reservoir near the dam. “The longer this goes on, the more helpless we feel.”

In an interview with ABC News Radio late Monday, Elaine Redwine said she’s afraid her ex-husband may have had something to do with their son’s disappearance.

Dylan’s case has gotten national and international attention. La Plata County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender hasn’t had time to count media contacts. But he remembers talking to “Good Morning America,” someone from Washington, D.C., and, of course, media from throughout Colorado.

Elaine Redwine said the family has received Facebook posts from Australia wishing them a happy outcome.

Her hopes for definite news were dashed Monday when three sonar-outfitted boats turned up nothing unusual at three points marked with buoys that cadaver dogs on Saturday indicated were points of interest.

Two cadaver dogs, independently of each other, signaled the same locations, Bender said.

The sheriff’s office has had five to seven investigators on the case. They don’t want to overlook any potential lead, Bender said.

On Sunday, a dive team from New Mexico State Police searched near the sites nosed out by the cadaver dogs the day before. The dogs belong to La Plata County Search and Rescue.

Contacted Monday at his home, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

Bender said the sonar boats make runs parallel to the dam and then perpendicular to the structure in order to leave no area unscrutinized. One sonar boat belongs to the New Mexico State Police, another is the personal boat of La Plata County Sheriff’s Deputy Jerry Little.

Sonar impulses home in on objects that don’t match the size or shape of what is normally found on the bottom of a body of water.

Divers have to be used judiciously, Bender said. The elevation of Vallecito, 7,700 feet, the 38 degree water and its depth, 40 feet, allow them to search safely for only 20 to 30 minutes.

Then, divers must wait eight hours before working again, Bender said. “Divers can’t take a break to have a Coke, then go back down,” he said.

Sheriff’s investigators are working with the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Dylan’s disappearance hasn’t been placed on the Department of Justice’s Amber Alert program for missing children. Inclusion for Amber Alert requires a confirmed abduction, imminent danger of injury or death to the victim and the opinion of authorities that designation will help resolve the case.

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Elaine Redwine doesn’t believe her son is a runaway because it wasn’t his nature and because he was happy at his new school in Colorado Springs where he entered eighth grade this fall.

“It’s no comfort that they didn’t find anything in the water today,” she said Monday. “But just looking for your little boy in a lake is horrific.”

Bender said no search is planned for today, but searches will resume if new clues or leads develop.

daler@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »

It's heartbreaking just imagining what Dylan's family must have felt like watching that water search.  Horrific, indeed!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »

http://www.krdo.com/news/Missing-boy-s-dad-says-he-can-t-believe-ex-wife-would-suspect-him/-/417220/17567216/-/1535yvy/-/index.html

Missing boy's dad says he can't believe ex-wife would suspect him

Mark Redwine says only concern is son's safety

Lindsay Watts, Target 13 Reporter, l.watts@krdo.com
POSTED: 01:56 PM MST Nov 27, 2012
UPDATED: 02:35 PM MST Nov 27, 2012

LA PLATA CO., Colo. -
The father of missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine said Tuesday he can't believe his ex-wife would suggest that he's behind their son's disappearance.

"I can't believe you can be married to someone to 20 years and they could say those kinds of things about you," Mark Redwine told KRDO Newschannel 13.

On Monday, Dylan's mother, Elaine, told ABC News that she was afraid her ex-husband may have done something to Dylan.

KRDO Newchannel 13 spoke to Mark at his home in Vallecito where Dylan was staying for a court ordered visit when he went missing on November 19.

Mark  didn't want to go on camera, and said he has avoided the media thus far because he doesn't want to interfere with the search for his son or say anything negative about his ex, with whom he said he had a messy divorce.

He said his son, "means everything to me."

"I'm just trying to let the authorities do their job," he said. "My only concern right now is Dylan."

A poster with Dylan's picture is on Redwine's door, and a little boy's blue bicycle sits next to his home.

Investigators with the La Plata County Sheriff's Office could be seen driving past the house and told KRDO Newschannel 13 they were going door-to-door talking to neighbors.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations is working with the sheriff's office in the search for Dylan.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/556747034351904

Find Missing Dylan Redwine · 2,159 like this
3 hours ago ·

Official From La Plata County:

PLEASE READ THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Today, uniformed Sheriff’s Deputies will begin contacting residents from Vallecito Dam north through the Vallecito area. The Deputies will be accompanied by Task Force members and are seeking any information that may be helpful to the investigation. They will not be conducting a house-to-house search, but this canvasing by Task Force members may take several days. Residents are encouraged to ask for proper law enforcement identification if they are approached by investigators who are not accompanied by a uniformed officer. Please note that the Task Force is asking the citizen volunteers who have been so helpful in canvasing the area to please refrain from volunteer searches north of Vallecito dam as this could interfere with the Task Force’s search.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson at 970-382-7015 or Tom Cowing at 970-382-7045. Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/556747034351904

Find Missing Dylan Redwine · 2,159 like this
3 hours ago ·

Official From La Plata County:

PLEASE READ THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Today, uniformed Sheriff’s Deputies will begin contacting residents from Vallecito Dam north through the Vallecito area. The Deputies will be accompanied by Task Force members and are seeking any information that may be helpful to the investigation. They will not be conducting a house-to-house search, but this canvasing by Task Force members may take several days. Residents are encouraged to ask for proper law enforcement identification if they are approached by investigators who are not accompanied by a uniformed officer. Please note that the Task Force is asking the citizen volunteers who have been so helpful in canvasing the area to please refrain from volunteer searches north of Vallecito dam as this could interfere with the Task Force’s search.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson at 970-382-7015 or Tom Cowing at 970-382-7045. Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Interesting comments after this post...no idea if they're true or not.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »

It's heartbreaking just imagining what Dylan's family must have felt like watching that water search.  Horrific, indeed!

It must be horrible feeling to watch and pray.  And if Dylan means everything to his father, why isn't he being more cooperative and helpful? 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »

Video at link

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121127/NEWS01/121129662/-1/s

Friends to hold vigil tonight in Bayfield for missing teen
Search in lake put on hold; law enforcement going door to door
Article Last Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:36pm

A vigil is planned at 6 p.m. today at Eagle Park in Bayfield.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/301687/339/Teams-end-search-for-missing-13-year-old-boy

Teams end search for missing 13-year-old boy Dylan Redwine
 4:37 PM, Nov 27, 2012

DURANGO--Authorities have ended their search for a missing 13-year-old boy for now. The 'Dylan Redwine Task Force' has been set up.

Sheriff's officials say a two-day search of the Vallecito reservoir in southwest Colorado turned up no sign of Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for a week.

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender says no more searches are planned Tuesday, but sheriff's officials and FBI agents are still investigating.

The 'Dylan Redwine Task Force' set up on Tuesday consists of members of the FBI, CBI, La Plata Sheriff's Department and Durango Police. According to Lt. Ray Shupe, Durango Police, there are about 24 members on the task force.
Shupe says the police are aware of an allegation made by Dylan's mother against his father in this case.

Shupe says they are not ruling Dylan's father out as a person of interest nor are they calling him a person of interest at this point.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151161800627469&set=o.555378941155380&type=1

Lisa Bourque
I Just got back from the prayer vigil in Bayfield for Dylan Redwine.

It was so well attended and I commend Denise/Katt and all those who organized it. I cant say how many were in the pavilion and lawn at the park but many many turned out.

We heard from the Pastor who prayed for Dylan, his family and friends and for all those out there searching for him. We heard from Cory, Dylan's brother, who shared how much Dylan is his hero as well as he Dylan's and how much of a amazing kid Dylan is. He thanked everyone for their efforts in searching for his brother and asked we celebrate Dylan and never forget or stop looking for him. We heard from his friends telling of his class clown antics and love of unicorns and how not only is Dylan the nicest and funniest kid they know, but how kind he is as a person. We were asked to not lose hope each day but gain hope if at all possible from his friend and we were reminded of recent losses of students here in Bayfield and to cherish your family and friends as Cory said, as they are the ones in times like this who guide you through. We heard from Dylan's Dad who said he is trying to hold it together but its been a very hard week. He shared his thanks for all the efforts as well from the communities. I did my best to offer to Dylan and Cory and his family the message that we here in Vallecito will never give up on looking for Dylan. Asking to remember his face and share his message on social media and hang flyers while we continue to think of ideas and still search.

There is one horrible and unimaginable thing to lose a child. It is another thing all together to have to wonder, into another week, if your child is okay and where he is. This is impossible yet we gathered tonight to reach out to means beyond ourselves for strength, hope and faith and to share compassion for a young boy, his family and friends who desperately needs it right now.

Like ·  · Share · 18 minutes ago
4 people like this.

Lisa Bourque We Also heard Dylan's favorite song, Blurry, by Puddle of Mudd as we filtered out with the option to sign a long paper with notes for his family, leave cards and pick up more flyers. Very well done by those who are missing him dearly.
11 minutes ago · Like · 1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.555396767820264.144727.555378941155380&type=1

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/301687/339/Teams-end-search-for-missing-13-year-old-boy

Teams end search for missing 13-year-old boy Dylan Redwine
 4:37 PM, Nov 27, 2012

DURANGO--Authorities have ended their search for a missing 13-year-old boy for now. The 'Dylan Redwine Task Force' has been set up.

Sheriff's officials say a two-day search of the Vallecito reservoir in southwest Colorado turned up no sign of Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for a week.

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender says no more searches are planned Tuesday, but sheriff's officials and FBI agents are still investigating.

The 'Dylan Redwine Task Force' set up on Tuesday consists of members of the FBI, CBI, La Plata Sheriff's Department and Durango Police. According to Lt. Ray Shupe, Durango Police, there are about 24 members on the task force.
Shupe says the police are aware of an allegation made by Dylan's mother against his father in this case.

Shupe says they are not ruling Dylan's father out as a person of interest nor are they calling him a person of interest at this point.

Thanks Grace

To assist in the process of elimination ... did Mark Redwine take a polygraph.  I would assume that his "errands alibi" for the morning his son went missing was investigated.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »

Messages being displayed in the area by businesses...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151161837097469&set=o.555378941155380&type=1&ref=nf

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »

http://twitter.com/emerycowan

Emery Cowan
@emerycowan
County government, business, tribal affairs and energy issues reporter at the Durango Herald in Durango, Colo. Colorado native and CU graduate.

1h Emery Cowan ‏@emerycowan
Neighbors suspect abduction or foul play in case of missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, story to come #findDylan,
Expand

26 Nov Emery Cowan ‏@emerycowan
FBI officially joined the investigation for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine #findDylan
Expand

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »

http://twitter.com/DurangoHerald/status/273619322734256129

DurangoHerald
‏@DurangoHerald
"That boy was my whole world. I would do anything to find him. He was such a wonderful boy," Dylan Redwine's dad says at vigil. #findDylan
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
RETWEETS
6:48 PM - 27 Nov 12 · Embed this Tweet

1h Wendy Carson ‏@SpringsAlliance
@DurangoHerald was. So he's using was.
Details

58m Sara Simon ‏@SunshinePearl
@DurangoHerald why is he referring to him in the past tense?
Details

14s Living Life HH6 ‏@sunmoon04
@SpringsAlliance @DurangoHerald I thought the same thing, already past tense....????? hummmm
Details

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:24 PM »

http://kdvr.com/on-air/live-streaming/

KDVR interviewed Dylan's dad tonight after the prayer vigil.  I took these from the live feed.

Mark Redwine

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.