March 28, 2024, 07:22:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 711057 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »

On Nancy Grace

Elaine says that she has taken and passed a polygraph.

Elaine's not sure if Mark has taken, a polygraph...

She's beating around the bush...and Nancy is pressing...Nancy keeps rephrasing question.

Nancy asks if Elaine's understanding is that Mark has failed a polygraph, and Elaine says no.

Elaine said she thinks Mark's polygraph was inconclusive and that police want him to take another one.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »

On Nancy Grace

Per Elaine Redwine, Dylan sent a text at 7:06 pm Sunday night.

She asked if his dad picked him up and Dylan said yes.

Elaine said Dylan always stayed in touch with her with his cellphone.

He generally texted her when he would get up in the morning if he was away from home.

Elaine said even though signal is sometimes hard to get in the area where Mark Redwine lives, Elaine said she never had a problem getting texts.

Mark Redwine texted her about Dylan after 4pm on Monday.

Elaine said Mark Redwine asked if she'd heard from Dylan, and that was upsetting to her because Dylan was supposed to be with Mark.

Elaine said she and Mark have not been able to work together in this crisis. 

(A lot more was said, I just couldn't type fast enough)

It will all be in the transcript later...   

Thanks texasmom.  We have areas where I live and it's difficult to get cell phone signals to talk on the cell, but text always seems to work just fine, so I can see her point about that.  Besides, texting instead of speaking on a cell could be much more private for the two of them, especially if they delete as they text. 

Dylan disappeared on Dad's watch.  Not good.  But I don't know about the failure of the polygraph.  Maybe he passed it, maybe he didn't.  LE can lie to a person about how they interpret the test.  Still, it doesn't look good for Dylan being missing this long, and it doesn't look good for Mark Redwine with the way things are going.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »

I'm going to rewind with this is over and do a better job, I know I've missed a lot.

They talked about Mark's work...I think Elaine said he travels with his job but she's not sure what he does...I think she said he used to be a truck driver.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »

Mark Klauss just hit on a point that sticks with me in this case too.

(not exact)

He said Mark Redwine needs to explain how he has a kid that just got there and he's not with him or in touch with him for almost a whole day!

ITA!

Dylan's trip was planned in advance, airfare paid for etc.  Why weren't those errands taken care of before Dylan arrived or rescheduled for the next week?

I've read that one of the meetings was with Mark Redwine's divorce attorney!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »

On Nancy Grace

No clothes of Dylan's were left behind in Mark Redwine's home, everything was gone.

There have been temporary restraining orders on both parties during the divorce.

Mark Redwine was charged in 2003 with child abuse (without injury).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »

Sorry, had a few things going on around here.  This takes you to about 18 minutes into the show.  If I can find a transcript tonight, I'll post it so you can read the rest.

Nancy Grace 12/3/12

(not verbatim, and please excuse any errors...lots of distractions while I was trying to do this!)

John Denny (KKOB)
Two vehicles (pickup trucks) were taken by investigators for further investigation

Mark Redwine returned to his home today and said a few more items were taken by investigators as well.

Elaine Redwine

Dylan texted Elaine at 7:06 pm Sunday night to let her know he was there.  She asked if dad picked him up, he said yes.

Elaine said Dylan was excited to be going to see his friends in Bayfield which is about 30 minutes away from Vallecito.

Nancy asks what Dylan's relationship was with his dad, did they get along?

Elaine says yeah but that Mark was away a lot to earn a living and didn't spend a lot of time with Dylan in the three years before they moved to Colorado Springs, so she doesn't think he knew Dylan all that well.

Nancy asks what Mark does for a living that requires him to travel:

Elaine says she's not 100% sure what his occupation is.  She knows that he used to drive trucks so she assumes it's something along those lines.

Elaine never heard back from Dylan after the text that he'd arrived.

Dylan always stayed in touch with Elaine with the cellphone, he knew that she was paying for it and if he didn't stay in touch she would take it away.

She wasn't real concerned when she didn't hear from Dylan the next morning because when he'd gone to visit before he kind of done his own thing with his friends, and she would just check in with him to say "are you having fun?" or tell him she loved him.  Dylan usually always touched base on a daily basis.

Elaine said even though cell reception wasn't always possible in the area to talk, she didn't have trouble getting texts from Dylan while he was there.

Elaine said Dylan's dad texted her at around 4:30 (maybe closer to 5:00) Monday and she texted him back and told him we should call the sheriff.  She called the sheriff that day right after she got the text from Mark, but doesn't know if Mark called the sheriff that day or not.
She said she went to her house picked up a bag grabbed her oldest son Cory and they went to Durango.

Nancy asks what Mark's words were when he told her he couldn't find Dylan.

Elaine said he asked her if she'd heard from Dylan, and she told him it was (discerning?) to her that she was six hours away and he was asking her that question.

Elaine called the Bayfield police.

Nancy asked if she had any problems getting information from Mark.

Elaine said she's tried reaching out to him, she said they've texted.  She said they just haven't worked together very well through all of this, but she has really tried to reach out to him but people react differently she guesses.  Nancy asked what she means by that.  Elaine said you know I just want to find my son, right now that is my primary focus and they need to get over anything that has occurred and find their son.  She said unfortunately for Mark he was the last person to see Dylan so all the questions are going to come back to him and he needs to try and understand what people are going through..."what we're going through, what Dylan's brother is going through; and help us find Dylan."

Nancy asks Elaine if she has taken and passed a police polygraph, Elaine says yes.
Nancy asks what kind of questions they asked her.  Elaine said just basic questions just trying to see if she was a good candidate for the polygraph.  Nancy asks what she knows about the father's polygraph, she says she doesn't know much...she knows that everyone is encouraging him to take that, so hopefully he will do that soon so we can get him out of the picture, and you know focus on where Dylan is.  Nancy asks has the father taken a polygraph?  Elaine says she's not sure, she knows he's been asked to.  Nancy asks if she knows if he took it?  Elaine says she does not at this time, no.  Nancy asked if it's her understanding that he's failed a polygraph?  Elaine says no she doesn't think he failed the polygraph, she doesn't know the specifics behind that, she doesn't think he necessarily failed but she doesn't really have any information on that so it's hard for her to answer that question.  Nancy said earlier when you were speaking to our producer's you mentioned that it was your understanding that he'd failed a polygraph.  Elaine says no, I didn't say he'd failed the polygraph.  Nancy said she's glad she can clarify that and asks what her understanding is about that?  Elaine says she thinks it was inconclusive.  Nancy asks if he is being asked to take another, and Elaine says yes I believe so, yes he is. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209900/-1/News

Family keeps faith through adverse time
Mark Redwine: 'I'm trying to stay strong'
By ROBERT GALIN
Herald Staff Writer Article Last Updated: Monday, December 03, 2012 12:09am

Dylan Redwine's parents are suffering through one of the worst possible tragedies to hit a parent – a missing child. Even with the community support Mark and Elaine Redwine have received, nothing truly takes away from their pain.

“We've got to put our faith in God,” Mark Redwine said Sunday morning. “I'm trying to stay strong and not lose my faith.”

“Everybody's pitched in,” Elaine Redwine said, noting how the community, including many strangers, have helped in the search for Dylan and in helping the family survive the ordeal.

“Dylan has become our child,” she said about the community.

Mark Redwine said in a telephone interview that “it's been very difficult” dealing with Dylan's disappearance sometime the morning of Nov. 19. “I'm not eating or sleeping,” he said.

Dylan was visiting his father in Vallecito on a court-ordered visit. The Redwines have been divorced since 2007 and Elaine Redwine recently moved with Dylan and his older brother Cory to the Colorado Springs area.

Mark Redwine said he had some frustrations about the whole event, the first being what happened to Dylan.

“We're all searching for that answer,” he said.

“I think we're all frustrated,” including the community, he added.

Another source of frustration is with the Dylan Redwine Taskforce of law-enforcement agencies, he said. He said in the last day or two he has been trying to contact the task force for updates but has received no response.

Mark Redwine's usual contact with the task force is Lead Investigator Dan Patterson of the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. He said he saw Patterson Friday, but has not heard from him since.

One of the hardest parts is the type of information he does get.

Mark Redwine said he was told there's an area of Vallecito Reservoir that's “of interest” to law enforcement. This follows a search by New Mexico state dive crews Nov. 25 near the Vallecito dam. At that time, nothing was found.

Elaine Redwine, in a separate phone interview, said that the task force “is working hard.” Because this is an ongoing investigation, not all information is being made public.

But Elaine Redwine did say that there has been no activity on Dylan's phone since he vanished, and he definitely did not run away.

Similarly, while some of Dylan's Bayfield friends suggested he might hitchhike down from Vallecito to Bayfield for a scheduled visit with them, Elaine Redwine said she and Dylan had talked about being safe, including not hitchhiking.

“It would be uncharacteristic of Dylan to do that,” she said.

At the same time, Mark Redwine has been thrust into the public spotlight, something he's not used to.

“I tend to be more of a private person,” he explained. “I keep things bottled up inside.”

Because of the economic recession, Mark Redwine has been working out of the area and comes home to Vallecito when he can.

“Fathers and mothers do what we got to do” to support their families, even if that means long-distance jobs, Redwine said.

He specifically came back Nov. 17 to pick up Dylan at the airport. But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening.

::snipping2::

The Redwines moved to the area from Denver in 2004 when Elaine took a job at Fort Lewis College. When the couple divorced three years later, Elaine Redwine and the boys continued to live in Bayfield and Mark Redwine stayed in the house in Vallecito.

Living in a rural area was new to him.

“I've always said I'm, a city boy,” Redwine said. “It takes awhile getting used to.”

In some ways, just doing media interviews and waiting is not the easiest way to deal with the situation. Redwine said he even wanted to donate to the funds helping support activities to find Dylan.

Elaine Redwine now works for Colorado College in Colorado Springs.

“My employer has been awesome,” she said. They have allowed her to “take care of what I need to take care of.”

And, despite thanking the community for donations of money and food, and the help of family members, Elaine Redwine said that, each day gets harder.

“I'm still as much of a wreck as I was when we found out he was missing,” she said.

“It's heart-wrenching when I drive by the Sky Ute and see my son.”

rgalin@durangoherald.com

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »

Thanks TM

I just don't have a good feeling about this case 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »

I'm still listening to Nancy Grace (recorded it) and this criminal history for Mark Redwine was shown.

Criminal History
Mark Redwine, Dylan's dad

1988 - Menacing - guilty plea

1992 - Theft - guilty plea

2003 - Child Abuse - negligence - no injury - dismissed

Menacing - dismissed

Trespassing - dismissed

3rd degree assault - dismissed

Disorderly conduct - unreasonable noise - guilty plea

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »

Thanks TM

I just don't have a good feeling about this case 

You're welcome Klaas. 

Me either.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »

Maybe I'm just tired...but I don't see where he denies anything in this article. 

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/03/dylan-redwines-father-denies-polygraph-claim-made-by-mother/

Dylan Redwine’s father denies polygraph claim made by mother
Posted on: 8:51 pm, December 3, 2012, by Mark Meredith

DENVER — Two weeks after vanishing without a trace, the search for Dylan Redwine has yet to produce any new leads despite his mother making a desperate plea for help in CNN interview.

Dylan Redwine, who hasn’t been seen since November 19, vanished while visiting his father for the Thanksgiving holiday in Vallecito.

Investigators believe Dylan is not a runaway and could be the victim of an abduction.

His mother appeared on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” Monday night and claimed that she believed a polygraph test taken by her ex-husband, Dylan’s father, came back inclusive.

Investigators will not confirm if either parent has taken a polygraph test, but told FOX31 Denver both parents have been cooperative. Investigators have said numerous times Mark Redwine is not a suspect.

Mark Redwine said he was “surprised” when asked about the CNN interview.

He declined to talk specifics on the investigation because he said he didn’t want to get into a public fight with his estranged wife.

“We have no new leads or new information to report to the public at this time,” said Lt. Ray Shupe, Public Information Officer for the Dylan Redwine Task Force. “We had investigators and analysts working over the weekend on tip analysis and follow-ups.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »

In the video, it is reported that Mark is surprised by this wife's allegations, but he is not willing to fight them publicly.  It doesn't appear that he confirms or denies the polygraph claim made by wife. 

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/03/dylan-redwines-father-denies-polygraph-claim-made-by-mother/
Posted on: 8:51 pm, December 3, 2012, by Mark Meredith, updated on: 09:29pm, December 3, 2012
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2012, 12:31:09 AM »

TM
- they changed the title of the article now.  You're right, no denial I can see

Missing teen’s father says he’s surprised by allegations made by ex-wife in TV interview

Posted on: 8:51 pm, December 3, 2012, by Mark Meredith, updated on: 09:29pm, December 3, 2012

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »

Yes, the title of the updated article changed; and the title of the video is "Dylan Redwine's father denies polygraph claim made by mother."
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

the LE dont think Dylan is a runaway,yet Dylan took all of whatever he came with
for the stay at dads,Dylan taking everything just dosent make sense,maybe your
pack for carrying phone a game machine,wallet, unless he was planning to stay
the nite with friends,i just dont see taking all your stuff,for a day trip
when LE said they didnt have anything for a scent,from dads house,that dosent make
sense ethier,did Dylan pack,and take the bedding to, or wash the bedding?

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE

Search Continues for Dylan Redwine

Aired December 3, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, Colorado. Daddy leaves home 7:30 AM to run errands, but when he comes home just four hours later, his 13-year-old little boy, Dylan, is gone, the boy reported missing 6:00 PM that evening. A nearby lake searched, teams scouring the area, even going door to door.

Bombshell tonight. We learn no one hears from Dylan, an avid texter, since shortly after he touches down at Daddy`s. Tonight, where is 13-year-old Dylan Redwine?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A very detailed, meticulous search of the house and property. The last place Dylan was seen was in this house.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mark Redwine says he left his house early.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Dad says he left 7:30 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Went out to run some errands.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he returned four hours later, Dylan was gone.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The parents are split up. Elaine, Dylan`s mother...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She had primary custodial rights.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: His phone was not used since 8:00 PM Sunday night.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: His intent to get up and his dad drive him into baseball to meet his friends at 6:30 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nothing is adding up in this case.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The 13-year-old was visiting his dad during court- ordered visitation.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The search warrant combing through his home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: My focus right now is focusing on Dylan and what he needs from us to help find him.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: To see if we can find anything that would lead us in the direction of where Dylan is.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He needs to come home. And that`s what everybody wants for him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. Live to Colorado. Daddy leaves home 7:30 AM. Four hours later, he comes home, his 13-year-old son, Dylan, gone.

In the last hours, we hear reports that Daddy fails a police poly. We also learn another search has gone down of the family home and also searches of father`s vehicles.

We are taking your calls. I want to go straight out to Jon Denny, news reporter with KKOB. Jon, what can you tell me about the searches of Dad`s vehicles?

JON G. DENNY, NEWS REPORTER, 770 KKOB AM (via telephone): From what I understand, they`ve taken two of the vehicles -- two pickup trucks -- from the home for more intensive investigation. They`ve also taken several items from the home. When Mark Redwine returned today, he said that they hadn`t taken a lot but that they had taken something.

GRACE: Everyone, joining me tonight is a very special guest, joining me out of Durango, Colorado. Dylan`s mother, Elaine Redwine, is with us and taking your calls. She is here to ask for your help to find her son.

Ellie, before I go to Ms. Redwine, give those viewers just joining us the timeline. What happened?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: So Nancy, this was the Sunday right before Thanksgiving. Dylan arrived there in Vallecito to stay with his dad for Thanksgiving...

GRACE: How far is that from his home with his mom?

JOSTAD: That`s about 300 miles away from where he lives with his mother in Colorado Springs. So he`s there visiting Dad. That Sunday night, Dad says they went out. They went to Wal-Mart, did some shopping, went to McDonalds, had dinner, go home, go to sleep. Next morning...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! He touches down. They go to McDonalds. They have dinner. Now, his mom hears from him. He`s a prolific texter. He loves to text, like every 13-year-old boy in the country. He texts home. They know he`s OK, he touched down just fine and he`s with his dad, right?
JOSTAD: Right. That`s right. His mom says she got a text from him that evening, saying, you know, I`ve arrived safely. So that night, he goes home -- Dylan goes home with his father, Mark Redwine, to the father`s house there in Vallecito, Colorado.

The next morning, Dad says at about 7:30 AM, Dylan was still asleep there on the coach. He`d had a bed made up for him there. He said Dylan apparently wanted to sleep in, so dad left, went to go run some errands.

Dad didn`t get back until 11:30 that morning, and he said Dylan was gone. He said there was still a cereal bowl, a dirty cereal bowl in the sink, he believed Dylan had used. The TV was on, turned on to Nickelodeon, but Dylan nowhere to be found. So Dad assumed that...

GRACE: Now, wait. I`m hearing that for the first time tonight. Dad is saying he found a cereal bowl left in the sink...

JOSTAD: Right.

GRACE: ... that he, the father, did not leave there. The TV was still on and turned to Nick?

JOSTAD: That`s right, Nancy. Yes. So Dad says that he assumed Dylan was trying to visit some friends he has in the area. Now, Dylan used to live there until just this past summer, so he still has a lot of friends his own age that live near Dad.

So the dad says he assumed he went to go visit those friends, spent the afternoon trying to reach him, trying to text him, didn`t hear anything. Finally, when he couldn`t reach him at his friends` house, he reported him missing at about 6:00 PM that night.

GRACE: 6:00 PM And Ellie, he got home running errands at what time?

JOSTAD: At 11:30 in the morning.

GRACE: OK, so seven hours passed. Before I go to the calls, I want to go to Dylan`s mother, Elaine Redwine, joining us from Durango, Colorado, tonight. Ms. Redwine, thank you for being with us.

ELAINE REDWINE, DYLAN`S MOTHER (via telephone): Thank you, Nancy.

GRACE: Ms. Redwine, when did...

REDWINE: You can call me Elaine.

GRACE: Thank you. Elaine, when did you last hear from Dylan?

REDWINE: He texted me at about 7:06 on Sunday night and told me that he had landed and his dad had picked him up. He basically said -- I said, Did your dad get you, son? And he said, yes.

GRACE: What was his demeanor, Elaine?

REDWINE: You know, he was excited to go see his friends. He has friends in Bayfield, which is about -- oh, about 30 minutes away from Vallecito. So you know, he was really excited to go hang out with his friends in Bayfield.

GRACE: Ms. Redwine, I`ve got to tell you, every time -- there`s this one picture of your son that reminds me so much of my little boy, John David, with the blond hair and the big crystal blue eyes.

I want to go back to something you just said. He was excited to go see his friends. He had a lot of friends there. What was his relationship with his dad? I know you guys have had a very tumultuous relationship. The divorce, the custody, all that has to take a toll. Did they get along?

REDWINE: Yes. I mean, I just don`t think -- you know, we had joint parenting time. And because, you know, Mark had to earn a living and we live in a small community, he was on the road a lot. So he didn`t spend a lot of time with Dylan in the three years prior to Dylan moving to Colorado Springs. So I just don`t think he knew Dylan all that well.

GRACE: What does he do for a living that requires him to travel?

REDWINE: You know, I`m not 100 percent sure what his occupation is. I know that he used to drive trucks. So I assume it`s something along those lines.

GRACE: So he gets there, and you say, Did your dad pick you up? And he says, Yes. Did he say where they were going? Were they going out to dinner? Were they going home to cook? What?

REDWINE: I never heard back from Dylan after that.

GRACE: So it was a very brief -- a very brief phone call.

REDWINE: Yes. And you know, it wasn`t a phone call, it was a text.

GRACE: Ah. Ah. Yes, yes. Thank you for correcting me. Question. When he has ever spent the night away -- I have yet to live through my first sleepover with the twins yet because they`re only 5. But when he would go to somebody else`s house, would he text you or call you before he goes to sleep at night?

REDWINE: Yes. Dylan always kept in touch with me because he knew I was the one paying the phone bill, and if he wouldn`t keep in touch with me, I would take his phone away and he didn`t want that. So he made sure that he always -- there was -- there was never a time I couldn`t account for where Dylan was because he was very good at letting me know where he was at all times.

GRACE: So Elaine, let me get this straight. You`re telling me that it would be unusual for him to go to sleep at the end of the day, if he were spending the night somewhere else, and not say, Good night, I`m going to sleep?

REDWINE: Well, not necessarily going to sleep, but he would let me know where he landed for the night. So like, if he was hanging around with his friends in Bayfield, you know, he would let me know what friend he was sleeping with that night or whatever the case may be.

You know, he often did stay up later, so he didn`t always text me, but he would always generally text me in the morning when he woke up.

GRACE: Now, you didn`t hear from him since he touched down 7:06 PM. You didn`t hear from him the next morning. What did you make of that at the time?

REDWINE: You know, I didn`t really think anything of it just because, you know, when he`s been with his dad here before, which was over Labor Day weekend was the most recent since we`ve moved -- you know, he kind of did his own thing as far as with his friends. And so I would text him and be, like, you know, Are you having fun? And it wouldn`t be a prescribed time. It would just kind of be more throughout the day, just me, you know, telling him I loved him and just kind of reaching out to him.

But he -- you know, on a daily basis, he would definitely always get in touch with me and generally...

GRACE: What`s this business about bad cell reception in that area? Was there bad cell reception? Did you have a problem hearing from him back on Labor Day, the last time he had visited his dad?

REDWINE: You know, there is bad cell reception, but texts always seemed to come through. So while you can`t necessarily speak with someone on the phone...

GRACE: That`s true.

REDWINE: ... it doesn`t seem like I ever had an issue getting texts from Dylan up there.

GRACE: You know, that`s true. That`s a very common experience. You cannot get a cell to make a cell phone call, but you can get texts in and out. You can even get texts up in the air on an airplane somehow.

REDWINE: Right.GRACE: Everyone, taking your calls is Dylan`s mother. Now, Ms. Redwine, was -- did there come a time when you learned that Dylan was missing? How did that happen?

REDWINE: Well, his dad texted me at around, oh, 4:30. Maybe it was closer to 5:00 on Monday. And I texted him back. You know, it was like, Well, we should call the sheriff. So I went ahead and I actually called the sheriff that day. I don`t know if Mark had called the sheriff that day, either, but I called the sheriff right after I got the text from Mark.

I went to my house, picked up a bag, grabbed my oldest son, Corey (ph), and we came to Durango.

GRACE: What were his words when the dad told you he couldn`t find Dylan?

REDWINE: He asked me if I had heard from Dylan. And I told him it was -- you know, it was discerning (sic) to me that I was, you know, six hours away, and he was asking me that question.

GRACE: And then you found out he hadn`t been seen. So did you actually call the police?

REDWINE: I did call the police. I don`t know if Mark did or not, but I did, as well. I called the Bayfield police.

GRACE: Have you had a hard time getting information out of the father?

REDWINE: Well, you know, I`ve tried reaching out to him. You know, we`ve texted -- he`s -- you know, he`s just not been -- we just haven`t worked together very well through all this. And like I said, I`ve really tried to reach out to him. But people react differently, I guess.

GRACE: What do you mean by that?

REDWINE: Well, I mean, you know, I just want to find my son. I mean, right now, that is my primary focus. And we need to get over anything that has occurred. We just need to find our son. And you know, unfortunately for Mark, he was the last person to see Dylan. So all the questions are going to come back to him, and he needs to, you know, try and understand what people are going through, what we`re going through, what Dylan`s brother is going through and help us find Dylan.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Redwine`s ex-wife, Elaine, has told interviewers she thinks he may have had a hand in Dylan`s disappearance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mark Redwine is not being considered as a suspect at this time. However, because the last place Dylan was seen was in this house...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Dylan Redwine was staying with his father. Mark Redwine says he left his house, and that when he returned, Dylan was gone.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Dad says he left 7:30 in the morning, comes back four hours later, 11:30, he is not there.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The family says there`s no way Dylan would have run away. It`s not like him.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Foul play or an abduction could have been involved.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A thorough search of the house and property to see if we can find anything that would lead us in the direction of where Dylan is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Where is Dylan? He goes for a visit at his dad`s house. He touches down just fine. Dad picks him up at the airport. Dad leaves to run errands the next morning 7:30 AM. Dylan, 13-year-old, doesn`t want to get up. He`s never seen again.

And with me, taking your calls, his mom. With me, Elaine Redwine joining us tonight from Durango.

Elaine, you have taken and passed a police polygraph, is that correct?

REDWINE: Yes.

GRACE: And what kind of questions did they ask you?

REDWINE: You know, just basic questions, just trying to see if I was a good candidate for the polygraph.
GRACE: What do you know about the father`s polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I don`t know much. I know that, you know, everyone is encouraging him to take that. So hopefully, he will do that soon so we can get him out of the picture, and you know, focus on where Dylan is.

GRACE: Has the father taken a polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I`m not sure. I know he`s been asked to.

GRACE: Do you know if he took it?

REDWINE: I do not at this time, no.

GRACE: Is it your understanding that he`s failed a polygraph?

REDWINE: No, I don`t think he failed a polygraph. You know, I don`t know the specifics behind that. I don`t think he necessarily failed. But you know, I don`t have any information on that. So it`s real -- it`s real tough for me to answer that question.

GRACE: Elaine, when you were speaking earlier to our producers, you mentioned it was your understanding that he had failed a polygraph.

REDWINE: No, I didn`t say he had failed the polygraph.

GRACE: OK. Good. I`m glad you can clarify that. So what is your understanding, then?

REDWINE: I think it was inconclusive.

GRACE: Is he being asked to take another?

REDWINE: I believe so, yes, he is.

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Out to Dee in North Carolina. Hi, Dee. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I would like to know why the authorities are taking so much time investigating the situation instead of branching out and looking for this boy. Why aren`t they looking for him? It`s saddening that they`re not just branching out and looking for him instead of focusing on the family.

GRACE: It`s my understanding, Ellie Jostad, that they are doing exactly that, that they have gone door to door in multiple communities, that they have gone to every sex offender that`s registered, that they have done foot searches, that they have done volunteer searches, that they have drained a lake, a nearby lake, that they have brought out cadaver dogs, that they`re bringing in volunteers to go into densely wooded areas.

Is that correct, Ellie?

JOSTAD: Yes, that`s correct, Nancy. They have been doing searches. For a while, they were asking volunteers to hang back so that law enforcement could get in there and do searches without having to deal with volunteers that might unintentionally hamper the search. But there have been active searches. And now they`re asking for video from people that may have seen something.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: La Plata County Sheriff`s Office handed Mark Redwine a search warrant and began combing through his home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a very detailed, meticulous search of the house and property.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You can`t even explain it. You know, I mean, it just tears you up inside.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t believe that Dylan ran away. I don`t really know what happened to Dylan.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The focus for the moment is on this address.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My focus right now is focusing on Dylan and what he needs from us to help find him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Where is 13-year-old Dylan Redwine?

I want to go and find out, now to you, Robyn Walensky, anchor, reporter with TheBlaze, about the search of the home and the vehicles. What do we know? I know the father was very cooperative. He allowed cops to come in. They later got a search warrant for an additional search. What do we know about this?

ROBYN WALENSKY, REPORTER, THEBLAZE: Well, I find it interesting that they first searched the house, Nancy, and that`s how they know about the cereal bowl and the Nickelodeon being on the TV. But then they came back and they seized both of his pickup trucks.

So that leads me to believe that -- what are they looking for? Are they looking for blood, some sort of DNA evidence? Was the boy in the pickup trucks? Who else was in those cars? Why else would they take the vehicles?

But what really strikes me, what really sticks out about this case, what`s bothersome, is this four-hour window. That`s a really long time that Daddy says he was out doing errands, allegedly, at 7:00 in the morning, Nancy.

If he was out getting gas, there`s a receipt and a video. If he was out getting coffee at the local McDonalds, there`s a receipt and there`s video. If he`s out at the 24-hour Wal-Mart, there`s a receipt and video. So I`d like to see the four-hour timeline of where the dad was.

GRACE: With me is Dylan`s mother, Elaine Redwine, joining me from Durango. Elaine, it`s my understanding that the police have verified the dad went to those places.

REDWINE: I agree. There has -- they have verified where Mark had said he had went.

GRACE: So do you, Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids, joining me out of San Francisco tonight. What do we do? What does this all say to you, Marc?

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, I think that Mr. Redwine has to put aside any differences that he has and absolutely cooperate, first of all, with his ex-wife. Parents who are in this situation come together all the time to look for their missing kid, cooperate with law enforcement, and explain how he can have a child who just got there and not have any contact with him for almost an entire day.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The focus for the moment is on this address. Dylan Redwine was staying with his father.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: 11:30 was the last time anybody had seen Dylan.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police are going door to door in the neighborhood north of the dad`s home, interviewing people.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hopes are high, but the situation isn`t very promising.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Two cadaver dogs hit on that lake, huge search, divers in the water, boats on the water.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: His mom is making a desperate plea for his return.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In an interview with "Good Morning America" says her husband...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Now, here is a boy that`s scrubbed in sunshine if there ever was one, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. He goes to his dad for Thanksgiving break. It`s about six hours` drive away. He touches down. He`s picked up by his dad. He`s never heard from again.

Dad says he oversleeps the next morning. He doesn`t want to wake up. Dad goes out to run errands. When he gets back four hours later, the little boy is gone.

We are taking your calls. To Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert joining me out of Raleigh tonight. Ben, explain to me this phenomenon that his mom is talking about that we`re all familiar with, and that is a lot of times, you cannot make your cell phone work, but you can get texts out. So all this business about it`s a bad texting area, you can`t get a cell, well, guess what? You can send a text.

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT: That`s absolutely right, Nancy. The texting goes over a different line than your voice calls go over. And that line is stronger, and it`s a very strong digital line. So you would - - you will be able to send a text. You will be able to call 911. And a lot of times, you know, you`ll be able to dial a call, but the call won`t go through.

GRACE: So wait, wait. I`m just a lawyer, Ben Levitan.

LEVITAN: I`m sorry.

GRACE: What do you mean it`s a different line? You`ve got one cell phone. The text will always go through. You can send and receive texts, but you cannot make a phone call on that cell phone. Why?

LEVITAN: Well, because, Nancy, there is -- there`s -- your cell phone is a radio. And you have a -- you have a radio connection to talk on. So, you know, your cell phone is like a little broadcast station. You speak into a microphone, and you are broadcasting your voice to a cell tower. Also you have a radio receiver that you hold on your ear. The cell tower broadcasts to you, and then there`s a third line which controls the cell phone. And that`s used -- that`s used just by the cell phone network to send your telephone messages to ring, to send you caller I.D., and to send you text messages.

That line is much more robust. So that`s why, very often, if you cannot -- if you cannot make a voice call, you still can send out a text message because it`s going over a different line.

GRACE: Got it. Got it. So that explains why mom, Elaine Redwine, in Durango, could get his texts but not necessarily could she get his cell phone to go through to Dylan`s line.

Now, Miss Redwine, let me talk to you about what we find left at the home. The dad comes back from running errands for about four hours, 7:30 to 11:30. He finds a cereal bowl in the sink. Is that common?

REDWINE: Yes. I mean, you know, Dylan ate cereal. I don`t really know how to --

GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.

GRACE: At the home.

Ellie, what did you learn?

JOSTAD: Well, Nancy, there are some reports that there was some clothing left behind. But, you know, Elaine points out something that we`d asked about. We knew that they did have to go fetch more clothing in Colorado Springs for those scent dogs. So it would make more sense that everything was gone with Dylan.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Shannon in Utah. Hi, Shannon. What`s your question?

SHANNON, CALLER FROM UTAH: Hi. 9 News in Denver reported over the weekend that there were judge issued -- protective orders issued before and after the divorce. And so my question was, was Dylan ever physically abused by his father in the past possibly, you know, due to alcohol use or anything?

GRACE: Ellie, what do we know?

JOSTAD: Nancy, we do know that both parties sought and received temporary restraining orders that were vacated a short time later from the records we were able to get. We do also know that in 2003, Mark Redwine was charged with child abuse or neglect without injury as well as some other charges.

GRACE: So wait a minute.

JOSTAD: Yes.

GRACE: Ellie, from what we can tell from those records, that could be something as simple as the boy was driving in the pickup bed.

JOSTAD: Exactly.

GRACE: He left the boy in the car when he ran into the 7-Eleven. I don`t know what that is without more information about it. So I hate to go crazy on that.

JOSTAD: Right.

GRACE: Before I`ve got all the facts. But unleash the lawyers. Renee Rockwell and Erick Schwartzreich. Eric, Miami, Renee, Atlanta.

Renee, charges like that could be a number of things.

RENEE ROCKWELL, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yes, Nancy, no seatbelt. Not having the child at the bus stop -- having the child at the bus stop for too long and not coming to get him. Too many things. You can`t read anything into that, Nancy.

GRACE: And to you, Eric Schwartzreich, regarding the protective orders, both parties, the mother and the father, and I`m not asking her because she doesn`t want to talk about this, and I get it. She`s here to talk about her son. Both parties took out restraining orders against each other in the middle of a divorce. That -- that happens every day. That really doesn`t mean anything to me.

ERIC SCHWARTZREICH, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, first of all, to the Redwines, I hope that they do find Dylan. My hearts and prayers --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: We all do.

SCHWARTZREICH: But yes, absolutely. And ex-wives, Nancy, they`re like poltergeists. They love to haunt you. They`re always around. And in divorce cases, restraining order, he said-she said, constantly pointing fingers. So just because ex-wife, operative term ex-wife makes an accusation doesn`t mean --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Did you just say that ex-wives are like poltergeists?

SCHWARTZREICH: I said that exactly, Nancy.

GRACE: Yes, OK.

SCHWARTZREICH: They`re there. They`re haunt you.

GRACE: You can go ahead and cut his mike now.

To Caryn Stark, psychologist. Caryn, yes, I heard about the orders, the restraining orders taken way, way, way back when when the divorce was in the thick of it, and both parties took them against each other. That`s not really helping me find this boy, Caryn.

CARYN STARK, PSYCHOLOGIST: No, it`s not, Nancy. And let`s take a look because the relationship does seem to be contentious. And there`s hesitation on the mother`s part when it comes to speaking about the father. This is not helpful right now because they need to get together if they`re innocent. Also ex-wives are like poltergeists? I don`t get that.

GRACE: I want to go back to you, Robyn Walensky. I want to talk about the searches. Let`s talk about what we know about. Let`s talk about the boy. Searches of the cars were done to the vehicles, and they have not been returned. I find that interesting. There was a permission search, which means the person doesn`t make you go get a search warrant. The first time.

But for the second search, I know that search warrants were obtained. That doesn`t mean the dad said no, you can`t search. That means that cops went and got search warrants to go further than a cursory search.

What do we know and what was taken out of the home?

Hold on. We lost Robyn`s satellite.

Jon Denny, let me throw that question to you.
DENNY: From what I understand, they`ve taken two trucks from the home, from Mark Redwine`s home, and -- for further investigation. Mark has also said that they let him back into the home today. And he noticed that several items were taken, but that he wouldn`t elaborate on what exactly had been removed from the home.

GRACE: Joining me also is Lt. Christopher Pukenas, former supervisor of a polygraph unit.

Lieutenant, thank you for being with us. Why is it so important that both parents take polygraphs and what are police looking for in addition to pass, fail, inconclusive on that polygraph? What else do you look for?

LT. CHRISTOPHER PUKENAS, FORMER SUPERVISOR, POLYGRAPH UNIT NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE: Well, we take a statement from the persons as well when we give them the polygraph. And it`s interesting, some of the things that the father said in the statement that I had seen, that he said that how much the boy had meant to him, past tense, things like that. And I find it interesting that he wouldn`t really -- I miss him. I`m looking for him. I`m doing everything I can to find him, rather than say, how much he meant to me. Things like that. So we look for statements as well. We`ll get to them first and prior to the polygraphs.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A very detailed meticulous search of the house and property. The last place Dylan was seen was in this house.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Mark Redwine says he left his house early.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dad said he left 7:30 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Went out to run some errands.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: When he returned four hours later, Dylan was gone.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The parents are split up. Elaine, Dylan`s mother - -

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She had primary custodial rights.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: His phone was not used since 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: His intent to get up and his dad drive him into Bayfield to meet his friends at 6:30 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nothing is adding up in this case.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The 13-year-old --

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Now with me tonight is a very special guest, Dylan`s mother is with us, and she is taking your calls. Elaine Redwine desperate to find her 13-year-old boy.

Miss Redwine, I was thinking about the way this timeline is unfolding. I know he texted you when he touched down, that was at 7:06 p.m. The next morning he was going to go meet some of his little friends. He`s got a lot of friends in the area from having lived there. Did any of his friends hear from him that morning?

REDWINE: No, not that I`m aware of. And I`ve spoken to some of his friends, but no. It doesn`t appear that anyone`s heard from Dylan since Sunday evening.

GRACE: Elaine, is there a landline there in the home?

REDWINE: Yes, there is.

GRACE: So if he wanted to, he couldn`t make his cell phone get a proper signal, he could have used the landline to call his friends, right?

REDWINE: That would be my assumption as well, yes.

GRACE: Do you know if there is Internet in the home? Does the dad have a laptop or a desktop?

REDWINE: Yes, he does.

GRACE: Did anybody get any e-mails from Dylan?

REDWINE: Not that I`m aware of, no. I certainly didn`t, and I don`t think anyone else did either.

GRACE: How unusual is this for Dylan? Isn`t -- doesn`t he love to text?

REDWINE: It`s extremely unusual for Dylan. I mean, you know, he wanted me to get him a smartphone so bad and in retrospect I wish I would have gotten him one quicker, but it was what I was going to get him for Christmas, what I`m going to get him for Christmas because he kind of outgrew his little -- his phone that he had. It was just a little flip phone. And he was just - - that thing was smoking by the time he was done.

GRACE: Everyone, you are seeing shots of 13-year-old Dylan.

Tell me what would be his normal activity that morning. I`m trying to think of wherever he might be, Miss Redwine.

REDWINE: No, and I appreciate that. You know, Dylan was always good. He always had to wake up for school early. So irrespective of what time he went to bed, you know, he was really good about waking up. So if he had plans at 6:30 to meet with his friends, you know, it`s uncharacteristic of him not to be up and ready. So, you know, I just -- I know him. And I know him very well. And I think that, you know, he definitely would have been up and ready at 6:30, 7:30, whenever in the morning.

GRACE: So the understanding I have of the facts, Elaine, is that the dad wakes up. Dylan didn`t want to get up. So he slept late. And the father left to go do errands.

REDWINE: Right.

GRACE: OK. Because that`s not what you`re telling me is his normal SOP, that he will get up because he`s got to get up every morning for school, so he`ll get up to go be with his friends.

How far away did those friends live from the father?

REDWINE: Yes, and that`s the point is that he knew that if he didn`t get up early in the morning, because Bayfield Area, where he`d see his friends, you know, it is not in walking distance. It`s probably, you know, 30 to 45-minute drive. So he would have had to be waiting at his dad`s house all day or whenever his dad came back in order to get a ride down there.

(CROSSTALK)

REDWINE: Uncharacteristic that he wouldn`t have woken up early that morning to get a ride 45 minutes into town to see his friends.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Pam in Pennsylvania. Hi, Pam. What`s your question?

PAM, CALLER FROM PENNSYLVANIA: My question is, if all of Mark`s statements are contradictory, as he states like Dylan was important to me, why would they believe that he tried to wake him at 7:30 in the morning? Why are they not looking from 8:00 at night to 7:30 in the morning?

I have two blond-haired, blue-eyed grandsons, 4 and 6 years old. Dylan has touched my heart because I know, my daughter once in Florida got put on the wrong bus by her stupid teacher. And they dropped her off five blocks away. She went to somebody`s house, called the police to get home.

You know, it`s stupid things like this that people overlook. Why are they not looking at that time frame?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: For all I know, in answer to Pam from Pennsylvania, police are looking at a timeline starting when he touched down the night before.

Joe in Florida, what`s your question?

JOE, CALLER FROM FLORIDA: Hi. There really is no proof that he ever spent the night at the house, is there? In connection with the -- with the trucks, there probably is some DNA evidence or some kind of evidence that he was in one truck because the father picked him up in that truck at the airport. But if he`s -- if there`s signed that he was in the second truck, that would be suspicious. And as far as the father is concerned, if he`s dragging his feet on a redo of the -- of the lie detector test, polygraph test, that doesn`t speak well for him.

GRACE: You know, to Dr. Kent Harshbarger, medical examiner, forensic pathologist, joining me out of Dayton, that`s an excellent point Joe from Florida just made. You would expect to find the boy`s DNA in the car in which he was picked up, the truck, the vehicle. Especially if they went out to eat. But if it`s in a second vehicle, not so sure. Although the boy may have been in that vehicle before, Kent.

DR. KENT E. HARSHBARGER, MEDICAL EXAMINER, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: That`s exactly right. And these searches, you know, when I heard he was there at Labor Day weekend, he could have been in the vehicle`s van. So DNA is probably not the most important thing in the search. The search (INAUDIBLE) signs of violence is blood, finding blood in the vehicle.

GRACE: And if someone had grabbed Dylan if he was hitchhiking, how would police go about establishing that forensically or could they, Kent?

HARSHBARGER: Right. It`d be hard to establish unless they found the place where (INAUDIBLE) possibly surveillance videos. Again signs of violence in the vehicle, injury patterns on him or the assailant that might match a pattern on the vehicle. The door jam or something where could show a force of entry to the vehicles perhaps.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MARK REDWINE, MISSING BOY`S FATHER: My focus right now is focusing on Dylan and what he needs from us. To help find him. He needs to come home. And that`s what everybody wants for him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Out to Jason. Hi, Jason. What`s your question?

JASON, CALLER: Hi, Nancy. It`s great talking with you again tonight.

GRACE: Likewise.

JASON: I want to know where is Dylan`s father right now?

GRACE: Good question. Straight out to Dylan`s mom, Elaine Redwine, is with us.

Where is the dad tonight?

REDWINE: Well, I`m not sure where he is specifically, but I believe, you know, he`s staying at his residence where Dylan was last seen.

GRACE: I know that your family has joined together and are doing everything humanly possible to find Dylan. I mean, this is a boy that has never been in any trouble before, is loved by his family, by his friends, everybody. He`s just the sweet kid every mom dreams of having.

Ms. Redwine, what your is your message tonight?

REDWINE: For anyone who has seen Dylan, somebody who knows where he is, please help us find Dylan. He is, as you say, Nancy, sunshine, and he is a huge missing link in our family. We need to have together so we can put this puzzle back together. If you know anything, please call. We will take anonymous tips, whatever. Just, you know, somebody knows where he is. Please come forward.

GRACE: Everyone, you`re hearing the voice of Dylan`s mother asking for your help tonight. We are joining you in that request, that plea. The number is 1-800-THE-LOST.

Here`s a shot of Dylan.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »

the LE dont think Dylan is a runaway,yet Dylan took all of whatever he came with
for the stay at dads,Dylan taking everything just dosent make sense,maybe your
pack for carrying phone a game machine,wallet, unless he was planning to stay
the nite with friends,i just dont see taking all your stuff,for a day trip
when LE said they didnt have anything for a scent,from dads house,that dosent make
sense ethier,did Dylan pack,and take the bedding to, or wash the bedding?
The dogs couldn't get a scent because they had none of Dylan's clothing, but according to the story in this link http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.msg1547401#msg1547401 his bedding AND some clothing was available.  Or the writer was lying embellishing...imagine that, a reporter straying from the facts.
The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »

Thanks to those who verified I didn't miss "the denial" in that article last night.   

And thanks MuffyBee for posting the transcript!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881//article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/Police-reveal-no-new-leads--

Police reveal no new leads
Lack of answers disquiets mountain community
By Jordyn Dahl , Shane Benjamin Herald staff writers Article Last Updated: Monday, December 03, 2012 9:44pm

Two weeks after 13-year-old Dylan Redwine went missing in Vallecito, law-enforcement officials said they have few clues as to his disappearance or possible whereabouts.

The search has moved from the wilderness surrounding Vallecito to indoors where investigators can evaluate evidence and follow up on tips and possible sightings, said Lt. Ray Shupe, spokesman for a task force made up of multiple agencies assigned to the case.

“We have no new leads or new information to report to the public at this time,” Shupe said in a news release Monday afternoon.

Possible sightings of Dylan have streamed in from across the country, he said, but there have been no confirmed sightings since he went missing Nov. 19. The FBI has been helpful at prodding agencies in other jurisdictions to follow up on possible leads, Shupe said.

Meanwhile, Dylan’s disappearance continues to weigh on Vallecito residents.

“It’s still on everyone’s mind that happens to come into here,” said Rolland Healy, owner of Vallecito Lake Country Market. “There are obviously still some people who are really optimistic, and, unfortunately, some people who are pessimistic about it.”

Residents have freely discussed the many possibilities that could explain Dylan’s disappearance, everything from foul play to Dylan running away and succumbing to the elements in the rugged outdoors that surround this remote vacation getaway 20 miles northeast of Durango.

“This is a wilderness area,” Healy said. “Even an animal in the forest could be involved, because we have a lot of those up here.”

The thought of foul play “is very foreign to us,” said Donna Atkinson, owner of the Pine River Lodge.

“It is definitely not fading away,” she said. “Everyone here at the lake is very worried about this little boy. We want Dylan to be found safe and sound as soon as possible.”

Authorities executed a search warrant last week at the house of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan, but the father is not considered a suspect, said Capt. Jim Ezzell, chief investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

When contacted Monday, Mark Redwine declined to be interviewed, saying, “At this point, I think I’ve said as much as I need to say.”

He added: “The community’s been great. My problem is my ex-wife. She seems to have all the answers, and she seems to be the one everybody wants to listen to.”

Mark Redwine and Elaine Redwine divorced in 2007. Dylan and his mother moved to Colorado Springs this summer, along with Dylan’s brother, Cory.

They have had a protracted divorce with court proceedings occurring in almost monthly since 2005.

Mark Redwine had a run-in with the law nine years ago, and both he and Elaine Redwine filed restraining orders against each other in 2008.

Mark Redwine was ticketed for child abuse, menacing, trespass, assault and disorderly conduct in 2003 in Adams County. All of the charges were dropped except disorderly conduct, which Mark Redwine pleaded guilty to.

The incident involved an argument between Mark Redwine and his neighbor after the neighbor’s kid broke either Cory or Dylan’s toy truck. The two argued on the neighbor’s property until Mark Redwine left the residence and the neighbor called the police.

Mark Redwine filed a restraining order against his son, Cory, and Elaine Redwine in July 2008. Elaine Redwine filed a restraining order against her ex-husband on the same date. Dylan was listed as a protected person in both orders. Both of the orders were dismissed in December 2008.

Elaine Redwine told Nancy Grace on her CNN-affiliated Headline News legal affairs program Monday night that both she and Mark Redwine had taken polygraph tests. She said she had passed.

Both parties took a polygraph early on in the investigation, Shupe said, but authorities cannot release results.

Dylan returned Nov. 18 to visit his father as part of a court order. Upon landing at the Durango-La Plata County Airport, he texted his mother to notify her of his arrival. The text ended with an emoticon that was interpreted as a scowl, she said.

“It’s a tough case, but we’re doing everything we can,” he said. “We just ask the community to help us out if anyone out there has information that they think might be related. Don’t discount it. Just send the information our way, and we’ll check it out.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-task-force-has-collected-2-inch-thick-folder-full-of-tips-on-missing-boys-case

Dylan Redwine Task Force has collected 2-inch thick folder full of tips on missing boy's case
Colorado Springs boy disappeared on Nov. 19

Posted: 12/04/2012
Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Phil Tenser  | Email Me

VALLECITO, Colo. - The leader of the Task Force searching for a missing 13-year-old boy has collected a folder of tips that is approximately 2-inches thick.

Lt. Ed Phippin leads the Dylan Redwine Task Force, which promises to follow up on each of the tips. The Task Force consists of members of the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, FBI, CBI, Durango Police Department and Bayfield Marshall’s Office.

Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, reported him missing Nov. 19 from his house in the Vallecito area, about 22 miles northeast of Durango. The father had left the boy at home around 7:30 a.m. while he went into town to run errands, said sheriff's spokesman Daniel Bender.

Dylan lives with his mother in Colorado Springs but was visiting his dad for Thanksgiving as part of a court order.  Authorities do not believe he ran away.

Mark Redwine's home was searched by members of the Task Force, but investigators are not commenting on the search because the search is ongoing. Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine told Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News that both she and her ex-husband took polygraph tests. She said she passed, but said authorities cannot release results.

In addition to tips, the Task Force has asked the public for recreational video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 through noon on Monday, Nov. 19.

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender alluded to videos and photos that the Task Force has received in a written statement, but refused to say more.

"As this is an ongoing criminal investigation, the Task Force cannot comment on details about the search of Mark Redwine's home, details about video and photographs from community members that are being analyzed, or any other details on the investigation," said Dan Bender, public information officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.