March 28, 2024, 04:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 711112 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »

http://**/farmington-news/ci_22813264/four-months-after-redwine-disappearance-vallecito-residents-remain

(resized)

Four months after Redwine disappearance, Vallecito residents remain hopeful for return

By Leigh Irvin The Daily Times
Updated:   03/17/2013 09:51:37 PM MDT

VALLECITO, Colo. — Four months have passed since 13-year-old Dylan Redwine disappeared while on a court-ordered visit with his father in this small lakeside community.

The investigation into Dylan's disappearance continues, and while some have lost hope that any sign of the boy will ever be found, many Vallecito residents are not only holding out hope, but are eagerly anticipating the spring thaw so they can resume the search.

Vallecito, which in Spanish means "little valley," is tucked into the picturesque mountains surrounding Vallecito Reservoir, a man-made lake constructed in 1941. The lake is surrounded by 12 miles of shoreline, with campground- and cabin-lined roads branching out in all directions.

Most of the homes are second residences, used by vacationers who visit the area for weeks at a time during the warm summer months. The population during this time can reach more than a thousand people, but there are about 400 who call Vallecito their home on a year-round basis. These hearty individuals and families tough out the snow-covered winter months. They will quickly say, however, that they're the lucky ones for having the opportunity to live here.

Redwine' disappearance last November hit this tight-knit community hard, but many here say they are still holding out hope and have not given up the search.

"Dylan's disappearance definitely made people more aware," said RaeLynn Elkins, who works at the Vallecito Market. Elkins' parents own and operate the store and restaurant, which is one of the only businesses that remain open year-round.

"It's amazing how people here and in Bayfield came together with fundraising and searching, handing out fliers, etc.," said Elkins. "It's sad, though, because no one really knows what happened. People have their opinions, but we don't really know. If (law enforcement) knows, they're not telling. But I'm a hopeful person, and I have to have hope."

Third-generation Vallecito native Carli Harriman is a mother to two young children and has lived in the lake town for 39 years, her entire life. Her grandfather helped construct the dam in the 1940's.

Harriman describes Vallecito as a quiet and safe community -- a good place to raise kids.

"At first, we (parents) were a little scared," that a predator might be involved, said Harriman.

"Now, we're not afraid at all, but it does make you wonder. We are always keeping a look out for Dylan, among the trees, and in culverts and ditches. There's not a day that goes by that he's not in our minds.

"Many people think he's in the lake, but until he's found, there's always hope. As soon as the snow melts, I want to go look some more, because I'd always want someone to be looking for my kids if this happened to one of them."

Lisa Bourque is originally from Boston, but has lived in Vallecito for the past nine years.

Together with Denise "Katt" Hawkins, Bourque has spearheaded most of the local efforts to locate Dylan, organizing volunteer searches, setting up prayer vigils and fundraisers, and keeping awareness of the case at the forefront.

Bourque said that since the snows and ice of winter descended on the valley, volunteer efforts to locate Redwine have stalled.

"We haven't done a lot since fall," she said. "All the volunteer footwork has already been done. We looked at the lake bed when it was low, we've looked along trails and all over Bayfield and Durango. Now, the community's just been trying to keep the posters up and keep the awareness going."

Although Vallecito was already a close-knit community, Bourque said Dylan's disappearance has brought residents even closer together.

"But it's like this dark cloud came over the community, and it's definitely changed us," she said.

What those who have been involved in the search are most anxious for, Bourque said, is what locals call the "ice-off," when the thick layer of ice covering the lake melts, and the trails and surrounding landscape are once again snow-free.

"Dylan's family is convinced we need to search the lake again," said Bourque, adding that most of the efforts to concentrate on the lake have come from Dylan's mother, Elaine, and her fiancee.

To Bourque's knowledge, Dylan's father, Mark, has not been involved in efforts to search the lake, and she said that some "things" don't add up concerning Mark Redwine.

"The fact that there were issues with his polygraph has caused many to wonder," she said.

Mark Redwine reportedly failed an official polygraph test but said, in a joint appearance with his wife, Elaine, on the Dr. Phil television show that authorities said the person who administered it was not qualified.

On the show, the couple reportedly blamed each other for their son's disappearance.

"There's a lot of suspicion there, but in the eyes of law enforcement, until they find Dylan there's not much they can do," Bourque said. "I do think we'll get a lot of answers as soon as the ice comes off that lake."

Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, confirmed that the investigation is still active, but said there are no new developments in the case, which is the focus of a five-agency task force involving his office as well as the Durango Police Department, the Bayfield Marshall's Office, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI.

Bender said immediately following Dylan's parents' contentious appearance on the Dr. Phil television show at the end of February, the Sheriff's Office tipline received over 500 calls, and the task force is following up on tips that were generated by some of these calls.

"We do believe there is foul play involved," Bender said. "We're following everything up, and are now treating this as a possible abduction. We have ruled out the possibility that this is a runaway case."

Bender would not confirm or deny that family members may have been involved in Dylan's disappearance.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2013, 12:53:45 AM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130317/NEWS01/130319618/Blood-drive-to-benefit-Redwine-fund

Blood drive to benefit Redwine fund

By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:58pm

The second of two blood drives in which United Blood Services has pledged $5 for each donation toward the Dylan Redwine reward fund will be held Thursday from 2 to 6 p.m. at Durango Public Library, 1900 East Third Ave.

The first was held Feb. 22 in Bayfield.

Dylan was 13 when he disappeared Nov. 19 from his father’s home in Vallecito. He was visiting from the Front Range where his mother had moved after her divorce.

The reward fund tops $50,000.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »

http://**/breakingnews/ci_22826801/sw-colorado-searchers-say-leads-fizzle-14-year

SW Colorado searchers say leads fizzle in 14-year-old's disappearance
POSTED:   03/19/2013 06:11:27 PM MDT
UPDATED:   03/19/2013 06:11:32 PM MDTBy Joey Bunch
The Denver Post

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that two of its most publicized leads in the disappearance of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine failed to pan out.

Dylan has been missing since the week of Thanksgiving, when he went to Vallecito for a court-ordered visit with his father. He lives near Colorado Springs with his mother and her boyfriend.

The Sheriff's Department said a person reported seeing two boys walking on La Plata County 501 near Vallecito on Nov. 19, the day Dylan was reported missing.

"Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan's disappearance," the Sheriff's Department said in the statement.

In February, investigators said publicly they were looking for a stranger in the small community who was seen asking where to find gas the day Dylan went missing.

Investigators found the man and determined he had nothing to do with Dylan.

Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, reported him missing to sheriff's deputies at about 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 19. Redwine said he last saw his son at 7:30 a.m., when the elder Redwine went to Durango to run errands. When he returned home at 11:30 a.m., Dylan was gone, he said.

"Mark's and Dylan's interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation," the Sheriff's Department stated Monday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorsforDylan/posts/116222038568357

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

Narrative:

According to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, on November 19, 2012, the day Dylan Redwine was reported missing, there was a reported sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance. Investigators continue to investigate reported sightings in Colorado and other states, but to date, none have been confirmed.

In February, investigators asked the public to help identify a man who was seen in Vallecito looking for gas on the day Dylan was reported missing. Investigators were able to identify and contact the man. He has not been linked to Dylan’s disappearance and was in the area on legitimate business.

Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.

Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan. Shortly after receiving Mark’s inquiry, Elaine, Cory and Mike traveled to Durango.

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.

[SEE PAGE TWO]

[PAGE TWO] LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine

Investigators learned that Mark has said he last saw Dylan at around 7:30 AM Monday, November 19, 2012 at his home in Vallecito when Mark left for Durango to run errands. Investigators have also learned Mark returned home at about 11:30 AM and discovered that Dylan was gone.

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs.

Investigators continue to seek information and evidence from the public to determine whether something happened to Dylan at the home or whether he somehow left the home and something happened to him away from the home.

Investigators are asking for information from anyone who may have been at their Vallecito homes or traveling in Vallecito on CR 500 or CR 501 between 7:00 PM Sunday, November 18th and 7:00 PM on Monday, November 19th.

If citizens feel they saw or heard any activity during this time frame that was not normal for their neighborhood they are asked to call the local Dylan Tip Line (970-382-7511) to leave a message and contact information. The Dylan Tip Line is checked frequently by Investigators.

Anonymous tips can be left with Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers (970-247-1112). Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678). A reward for finding Dylan is in excess of $50,000.00.

End Release. DLB

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »

Has it been verified that Dylan did, in fact, make it to Mark's house after Walmart and McDonald's?

Or did he disappear before he got to Mark's house?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

Has it been verified that Dylan did, in fact, make it to Mark's house after Walmart and McDonald's?

Or did he disappear before he got to Mark's house?

It says investigators "confirmed" that Dylan arrived at the house in the latest press release from La Plata County.  No idea what the evidence is that confirms it.  I've always seriously doubted he made it there.  jmo

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorsforDylan/posts/116222038568357

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: March 20, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130319/NEWS01/130319508/Some-leads-eliminated-in-Redwine-case

Some leads eliminated in Redwine case
Investigators rule out postal worker’s report

Herald Staff Report Article Last Updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:28pm

Four months after Dylan Redwine was reported missing from his father’s home near Vallecito Reservoir, investigators Tuesday released updated information about the case.

Dylan Redwine

While they still have no clear leads on what may have happened to the now 14-year-old, they have managed to eliminate some possibilities.

On Nov. 19, the day Dylan was reported missing, a postal worker had reported seeing two young boys, one of whom looked like Dylan, walking together about 2 p.m. in the Vallecito area. Investigators have identified the two young people and confirmed they had no connection to Dylan.

Authorities also cleared a man who was seen in the Vallecito area looking for gas the day Dylan went missing.

“Investigators were able to identify and contact the man,” the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office wrote in its news release. “He has not been linked to Dylan’s disappearance and was in the area on legitimate business.”

The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing. That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything. Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

Authorities also have confirmed that Elaine Redwine, her son Cory Redwine, and fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area after Dylan flew to Durango by himself Nov. 18 for a court-ordered visit with his father for Thanksgiving. Elaine and Cory Redwine, along with Hall, traveled to Durango shortly after receiving Mark Redwine’s inquiry.

Investigators also confirmed that Mark Redwine met Dylan at Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 p.m. Nov. 18, and the two stopped at Walmart and McDonald’s in Durango before arriving at Mark Redwine’s Vallecito home at about 8 p.m.

Mark Redwine reported that he last saw his son about 7:30 a.m. before leaving to run errands in Durango. He said he returned home at 11:30 a.m. to find his son gone.

While investigators have eliminated a number of leads, they’re still saying they have little idea of what happened to Dylan after he arrived at his father’s home Nov. 18. They have been following up on sightings of Dylan in Colorado and other states, but none has been confirmed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »

I've read for quite a while now that there are two stories about the "fishing rod" that was found on the dam early in the investigation.  I'm copying this conversation here because I think this may explain the two stories; and with the way FB pages come and go...I want to be able to find it again!

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorsforDylan/posts/116649118525649

Rodney Brittain posted on Dylan Redwine Warriors

2 hours ago ·
I have a question. I read a comment at DH. The comment included that Dylan's fishing pole was found at the dam. Is this correct? I haven't read anything regarding a fishing pole being found. Just need some clarification. Thanks
Like ·
Cheryl Horton Renken likes this.

Lisa Bourque Cory Redwine can confirm that to be true
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Rodney Brittain Was this found early on in the investigation?
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Deena Speaker Daggett The last thing I heard about the fishing pole (and that was a long time ago) was the owner of the pole had been found and it wasn't Dylans. That comment saying it was Dylans is the first I have heard since. Does anybody else know?
2 hours ago · Like · 5

Rodney Brittain Interesting. The last thing Dylan would of been doing was fishing.
2 hours ago · Like · 2

Jackie Johnson Anthony I know same as Deena - the pole they found did not belong to Dylan. Haven't heard anything different. I don't know a single kid that would take everything he owned/brought with him to go fishing and not use his cell phone along the way to text his friends.
2 hours ago · Like · 6

Kenia Silva Lee don't forget that he didn't have a coat, and it was in the middle of november, as cold as could be, and his dad said, oh and I didn't know that he also liked to go hitchhiking, to pretend that he might have gone hitchhiking without a coat, with all of his stuff, instead of going to his friends house.
about an hour ago · Like · 2

Deena Speaker Daggett Plus if you are going fishing, don't you need a tackle box with all the goodies in it, like bait, lures, worms? Someone just want's us to swallow that fishing pole story hook, line and sinker.
about an hour ago · Like · 5

Lisa Bourque The pole belonged to Dylan. This is what prompted the dog team, which picked up the scent of a cadaver which then prompted the dive team which ultimately then brought the sonar boats
about an hour ago · Like · 1

Lisa Bourque So yes, this was all within three weeks of Dylan going missing.

Rodney Brittain so there is some different opinions of whether this pole was dylans or not. But Cory thinks it was?

Jackie Johnson Anthony Wait..Lisa, I thought all the reports originally ruled out that the pole belonged to Dylan. I didn't know that they verified it was his! It would have been planted then, correct? Is that the thinking?

Lisa Bourque Cory, if you are reading this, It might be easier for you to answer because I cannot explain it any other way other than this. A couple things happened with regards to fishing rods that week. One, which is true, is that two people found a fishing rod and then leaned it up against the bathroom wall in the event someone was coming back to look for it. Two, there was a search done at the dam, as part of all the areas that were being searched. There was no fishing rod found there during that search. Cory and his girlfriend decided to come back to the dam one day and just look again. When they did, they noticed a fishing rod, broken in half, at the thickest part of the rod, down the dam, towards the water, on the rocks. When Cory saw it, he recognized the rod as he had put the reel on it in the past. For some reason, and I dont know if the police are simply confused on this or they decided to go with the story that it was not Dylan's for other unknown reasons, is beyond me. When Cory and I were down there they day the sonar boats were out, he told me this information, it was not in confidence as Cory and I had never met and he didnt say to keep this information private. But for some odd reason later on, the police came out with the fact that was not Dylan's rod. Its things like this, such as postal workers seeing Dylan and people claiming to rent a cabin that confuse the public.

Lisa Bourque It was either overlooked (doubtful) or planted (possible)
about an hour ago · Like · 3

Deena Speaker Daggett From the Denver Post Nov. 29, 2012. http://**/breakingnews/ci_22083134/dylan-redwine-boy-missing-near-vallecito-did-not and a quote from the article: "Investigators have determined that a fishing pole found on the Vallecito dam has no connection to Dylan."

Read more: Dylan Redwine, boy missing near Vallecito, did not run away - The Denver Post http://**/breakingnews/ci_22083134/dylan-redwine-boy-missing-near-vallecito-did-not#ixzz2O8QFBgYu
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://**/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Diane Miller Boudreau I thought I heard ER say that the pole was NOT Dylans and the least thing he liked was fishing. Also hard to believe he'd be out fishing in cold weather without a coat or tackle. Also, not much fun in fishing alone unless you are an avid fan of the sport.....

Deena Speaker Daggett This link from Kevin Torres also says they ruled out the fishing pole. https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

Lisa Bourque Yes. I am aware of that article. Who knows why they are stating that. There is some speculation it was done to throw off whomever might have placed the rod there. But who knows. I choose to believe Cory since he said he placed the reel on that very rod and what was the catalyst to the entire water search.
about an hour ago · Like · 4

Lisa Bourque Yes, there are lots of articles like that one.
57 minutes ago · Like · 1

Jackie Johnson Anthony Thank you for clearing that up. Been an enlightening couple of days for sure.
56 minutes ago · Like · 1

Deena Speaker Daggett Thanks Lisa, I didn't see your post before I posted the links to those November 29, 2012 articles. I will choose to believe Cory over the media any day.
53 minutes ago · Like · 3

Jackie Johnson Anthony A lot of things now make sense, the dogs, the search there. I am praying hard that its not Dylan in the water; obviously I don't want there to be anyone in there, but not Dylan.
51 minutes ago · Like · 1

Michael Hall Cory did find part of a pole at the dam the day the divers were on lake. He seen something shiny as he was sitting in my truck and went to check it out. LE took the pole and later said the owner of that rod was found and it was not Dylans. But Lisa that's a great question......Is LE confused cause I sure the hell am. I never heard of other poles until you just stated that.
51 minutes ago · Like · 5

Lisa Bourque Mike, it may have been posted on my Vallecito page. I recall someone saying they found a rod and leaned it against the bathroom but this was not the same rod you guys saw. I think it was around the time the article was put out. These are two completely different things unless Cory and LE placed the rod against the bathroom wall, which we know didnt happen. These people that commented were either on the Vallecito page or my personal page. I know that because I was alerted to the message and it immediately struck me as, uh oh, this is going to confuse everyone....
44 minutes ago · Like · 4

Michael Hall LE took the rod cory found with rubber gloves and placed in sheriff vehicle. It was "Ugly Stick" fishing rod cory found and he was pretty confident and it was after MANY people searched the dam.
39 minutes ago · Like · 5

Rodney Brittain ah......okay. thx michael.
29 minutes ago · Like · 1

Lisa Bourque Mike I found the conversation, it was on my Vallecito page. I think it was a local Julie Howard and her husband that found the other rod. Strangely I comment to her on the thread but that post is gone. I know this does not shock you, nor me. I am going to email her and see if she recalls that. I took a screen shot of the conversation, I will inbox you.
20 minutes ago · Like · 1

Rebecca Colbert I remember Cory talking about the rod somewhere on FB as well and stating that it was indeed Dylan's. I figured Cory and LE have different agendas. This story of two rods makes it all make much more sense to me.
9 minutes ago · Like · 1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

Kevin Torres · 6,215 like this
November 28, 2012 at 2:12pm ·

News Release: Task Force Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57 PM MST
For additional information, please contact:
Dan Bender, La Plata County Sheriff’s Office
PIO Desk: 970-382-7026 benderdl@co.laplata.co.us Cell: 970-759-5549

A few days ago, there was a part of a fishing pole found on the Vallecito dam and investigators have determined that it has no connection with Dylan. The owner of that broken fishing pole has been contacted and the fishing pole has been ruled out as a potential clue.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »

I've read for quite a while now that there are two stories about the "fishing rod" that was found on the dam early in the investigation.  I'm copying this conversation here because I think this may explain the two stories; and with the way FB pages come and go...I want to be able to find it again!

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorsforDylan/posts/116649118525649

Rodney Brittain posted on Dylan Redwine Warriors

2 hours ago ·
I have a question. I read a comment at DH. The comment included that Dylan's fishing pole was found at the dam. Is this correct? I haven't read anything regarding a fishing pole being found. Just need some clarification. Thanks
Like ·
Cheryl Horton Renken likes this.

Lisa Bourque Cory Redwine can confirm that to be true
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Rodney Brittain Was this found early on in the investigation?
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Deena Speaker Daggett The last thing I heard about the fishing pole (and that was a long time ago) was the owner of the pole had been found and it wasn't Dylans. That comment saying it was Dylans is the first I have heard since. Does anybody else know?
2 hours ago · Like · 5

Rodney Brittain Interesting. The last thing Dylan would of been doing was fishing.
2 hours ago · Like · 2

Jackie Johnson Anthony I know same as Deena - the pole they found did not belong to Dylan. Haven't heard anything different. I don't know a single kid that would take everything he owned/brought with him to go fishing and not use his cell phone along the way to text his friends.
2 hours ago · Like · 6

Kenia Silva Lee don't forget that he didn't have a coat, and it was in the middle of november, as cold as could be, and his dad said, oh and I didn't know that he also liked to go hitchhiking, to pretend that he might have gone hitchhiking without a coat, with all of his stuff, instead of going to his friends house.

Deena Speaker Daggett Plus if you are going fishing, don't you need a tackle box with all the goodies in it, like bait, lures, worms? Someone just want's us to swallow that fishing pole story hook, line and sinker.

Lisa Bourque The pole belonged to Dylan. This is what prompted the dog team, which picked up the scent of a cadaver which then prompted the dive team which ultimately then brought the sonar boats

Lisa Bourque So yes, this was all within three weeks of Dylan going missing.

Rodney Brittain so there is some different opinions of whether this pole was dylans or not. But Cory thinks it was?

Jackie Johnson Anthony Wait..Lisa, I thought all the reports originally ruled out that the pole belonged to Dylan. I didn't know that they verified it was his! It would have been planted then, correct? Is that the thinking?

Lisa Bourque Cory, if you are reading this, It might be easier for you to answer because I cannot explain it any other way other than this. A couple things happened with regards to fishing rods that week. One, which is true, is that two people found a fishing rod and then leaned it up against the bathroom wall in the event someone was coming back to look for it. Two, there was a search done at the dam, as part of all the areas that were being searched. There was no fishing rod found there during that search. Cory and his girlfriend decided to come back to the dam one day and just look again. When they did, they noticed a fishing rod, broken in half, at the thickest part of the rod, down the dam, towards the water, on the rocks. When Cory saw it, he recognized the rod as he had put the reel on it in the past. For some reason, and I dont know if the police are simply confused on this or they decided to go with the story that it was not Dylan's for other unknown reasons, is beyond me. When Cory and I were down there they day the sonar boats were out, he told me this information, it was not in confidence as Cory and I had never met and he didnt say to keep this information private. But for some odd reason later on, the police came out with the fact that was not Dylan's rod. Its things like this, such as postal workers seeing Dylan and people claiming to rent a cabin that confuse the public.

Lisa Bourque It was either overlooked (doubtful) or planted (possible)
about an hour ago · Like · 3

Deena Speaker Daggett From the Denver Post Nov. 29, 2012. http://**/breakingnews/ci_22083134/dylan-redwine-boy-missing-near-vallecito-did-not and a quote from the article: "Investigators have determined that a fishing pole found on the Vallecito dam has no connection to Dylan."

Read more: Dylan Redwine, boy missing near Vallecito, did not run away - The Denver Post http://**/breakingnews/ci_22083134/dylan-redwine-boy-missing-near-vallecito-did-not#ixzz2O8QFBgYu
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://**/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Diane Miller Boudreau I thought I heard ER say that the pole was NOT Dylans and the least thing he liked was fishing. Also hard to believe he'd be out fishing in cold weather without a coat or tackle. Also, not much fun in fishing alone unless you are an avid fan of the sport.....

Deena Speaker Daggett This link from Kevin Torres also says they ruled out the fishing pole. https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

Lisa Bourque Yes. I am aware of that article. Who knows why they are stating that. There is some speculation it was done to throw off whomever might have placed the rod there. But who knows. I choose to believe Cory since he said he placed the reel on that very rod and what was the catalyst to the entire water search.
about an hour ago · Like · 4

Lisa Bourque Yes, there are lots of articles like that one.
57 minutes ago · Like · 1

Jackie Johnson Anthony Thank you for clearing that up. Been an enlightening couple of days for sure.
56 minutes ago · Like · 1

Deena Speaker Daggett Thanks Lisa, I didn't see your post before I posted the links to those November 29, 2012 articles. I will choose to believe Cory over the media any day.
53 minutes ago · Like · 3

Jackie Johnson Anthony A lot of things now make sense, the dogs, the search there. I am praying hard that its not Dylan in the water; obviously I don't want there to be anyone in there, but not Dylan.
51 minutes ago · Like · 1

Michael Hall Cory did find part of a pole at the dam the day the divers were on lake. He seen something shiny as he was sitting in my truck and went to check it out. LE took the pole and later said the owner of that rod was found and it was not Dylans. But Lisa that's a great question......Is LE confused cause I sure the hell am. I never heard of other poles until you just stated that.
51 minutes ago · Like · 5

Lisa Bourque Mike, it may have been posted on my Vallecito page. I recall someone saying they found a rod and leaned it against the bathroom but this was not the same rod you guys saw. I think it was around the time the article was put out. These are two completely different things unless Cory and LE placed the rod against the bathroom wall, which we know didnt happen. These people that commented were either on the Vallecito page or my personal page. I know that because I was alerted to the message and it immediately struck me as, uh oh, this is going to confuse everyone....
44 minutes ago · Like · 4

Michael Hall LE took the rod cory found with rubber gloves and placed in sheriff vehicle. It was "Ugly Stick" fishing rod cory found and he was pretty confident and it was after MANY people searched the dam.
39 minutes ago · Like · 5

Rodney Brittain ah......okay. thx michael.
29 minutes ago · Like · 1

Lisa Bourque Mike I found the conversation, it was on my Vallecito page. I think it was a local Julie Howard and her husband that found the other rod. Strangely I comment to her on the thread but that post is gone. I know this does not shock you, nor me. I am going to email her and see if she recalls that. I took a screen shot of the conversation, I will inbox you.
20 minutes ago · Like · 1

Rebecca Colbert I remember Cory talking about the rod somewhere on FB as well and stating that it was indeed Dylan's. I figured Cory and LE have different agendas. This story of two rods makes it all make much more sense to me.
9 minutes ago · Like · 1

(continued)

Ellyn Speaker Bostick I agree with Kenia. Why would a child Dylan's age go fishing, with sparse clothing on, in 20+ degree weather with all his belongs rather than spend the day with his friends? One pole or two, I think if a pole was Dylan's, I believe it was planted.
55 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 6

Shari Robbins Duncan I'm confused. Mike are you saying Cory was pretty confident that the pole he found was Dylan's????
20 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Michael Hall Shari I am saying he was confident that was the pole from the house yes.
11 minutes ago · Like · 4

Shari Robbins Duncan Wow. Thank you for confirming that.
5 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:20 AM »

This is so confusing!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »

Clear as mud!  Thanks, Sis!  What do you make of all of this fishing pole stuff?  Do you think Cory is mistaken?  LE is mistaken?  LE means one pole and Cory means another?  LE is keeping the truth close to the vest?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:42 AM »

Clear as mud!  Thanks, Sis!  What do you make of all of this fishing pole stuff?  Do you think Cory is mistaken?  LE is mistaken?  LE means one pole and Cory means another?  LE is keeping the truth close to the vest?

I'll say this...

I don't believe Dylan stopped all communication Sunday night, overslept Monday and missed his ride with his dad to his friends in Bayfield, still didn't communicate with ANYONE, took all his belongings, a fishing pole (with no tackle box) and walked 5-6 miles to the lake to go fishing. 

IF the fishing pole from the house is the broken one found at the lake, I think it was planted.

Whether as an attempt to lead the investigation astray...or to try to justify Dylan eventually being found in the lake...I don't know.

LE should have cleared the lake BEFORE it froze over.

JMHO

http://**/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County
POSTED:   11/25/2012 09:26:25 AM MST
UPDATED:   11/26/2012 01:32:23 AM MSTBy Tom McGhee
The Denver Post

La Plata County Search & Rescue K-9 "CAY" (a 4-year-old German Shepher Belgium Malinois mix) and handler Roy Vreeland search the south end of Vallecito Lake for Dylan Redwine on Sunday. (Courtesy of La Plata County Sheriff's Office)

The search for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine entered its seventh day Sunday with divers searching Vallecito Lake after K-9 dogs alerted handlers they had picked up a scent coming from the water.

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »

IDK about the fishing pole issue,but the LE late start searching the lake could
have been timing,equipment ,personel availability,any number of things

FYI,i have about 15 working Fpoles some same reel and pole some same reel dif pole
some dif reel same pole, not to mention poles with out reels,reels without poles,and
i dont know how many parts of reels and poles
cory could be mistaken,and or LE is talking about a dif pole

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: March 21, 2013, 02:42:41 AM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/18/websleuths-radio

SUNDAY MARCH 17TH 8 PM EASTERN ON TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO  WE DISCUSS TWO OF THE HOTTEST TRUE CRIME CASES IN THE U.S..

THE TRIAL OF JODY ARIAS & THE CASE OF MISSING TEENAGER DYLAN REDWINE

WEBSLEUTHS MEMBER KATIECOOLADY WAS IN COURT FOR THE ARIAS TRIAL . ONLY TWO DAYS OF TESTIMONY THIS WEEK BUT IT WAS AN EXPLOSIVE TWO DAYS AND KATIE HAS THE SCOOP.

ELAINE REDWINE WILL JOIN US TO DISCUSS THE CASE OF HER MISSING TEENAGE SON DYLAN.  DYLAN'S DISAPPEARANCE HAS BROUGHT PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TOGETHER TO TRY AND FIGURE OUT JUST WHAT HAPPENED. DID DYLAN'S FATHER HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS DISAPPEARANCE? WE'LL ASK ELAINE REDWINE THIS & MORE

I don't know if anyone else listened to this, but (at about 48:40) Elaine revealed on this show that Dylan told Cory he had brought up to his dad the pictures he and Cory had seen on his computer on a prior trip with him.  This was during the Labor Day visit.

This was before the custody dispute was final at the end of September, when Elaine was granted primary custody of Dylan.  Elaine said she didn't bring the pictures up in the custody hearing.  There is also the sealed testimony from Dylan from this hearing. 

Did this have anything to do with Dylan's disappearance?

It has been said that there was no contact between Mark and Dylan from September until he arrived in Durango for the court ordered Thanksgiving visit.

After Dylan arrived in Durango, was Mark trying to find out what Dylan told the judge? 

Did Mark think Dylan told the judge about the pictures?

Did he think that's why he lost the custody battle?

Just a few of so many questions I have.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: March 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »

IDK about the fishing pole issue,but the LE late start searching the lake could
have been timing,equipment ,personel availability,any number of things

FYI,i have about 15 working Fpoles some same reel and pole some same reel dif pole
some dif reel same pole, not to mention poles with out reels,reels without poles,and
i dont know how many parts of reels and poles
cory could be mistaken,and or LE is talking about a dif pole

It's not so much the timing of when they took the dogs and subsequently the diver's out on the lake that bother's me cw618.  It's the fact that they seemed to discount the repeated hits from different cadaver dogs, and didn't make more of an effort to clear the lake.  They obviously had difficulties with the altitude and water temperature with the diver's.  But I think if they'd wanted to, they could have brought in the right people AT THAT TIME to do what the family is now going to do for their own peace of mind.

Dylan's case was getting national attention at that time too (Nancy Grace, GMA), I have no doubt if LE had requested it...that the right team with the right equipment would have volunteered to help with clearing the lake.

This has gone on too long.  My heart breaks for this family.  The answers may not be in the lake, but what if they are?

jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: March 21, 2013, 03:09:15 AM »

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2013/03/mark-redwine-exposed.html

TUESDAY, MARCH 19, 2013

Mark Redwine: Exposed

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: March 21, 2013, 03:10:14 AM »

Where is Dylan? 

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »

TUESDAY, MARCH 19, 2013

He did WHAT???????????????
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: March 22, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »

TUESDAY, MARCH 19, 2013

He did WHAT???????????????

I know...where on earth did this come from? I missed it completely.  Wow...just...wow.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.