March 28, 2024, 04:19:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dana Wilkes, 48yrs old, last seen 11/9/12, Chattanooga, TN(Body Found)  (Read 6604 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 27, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »

Family of missing woman: "She can't go this long without her insulin"
 Posted: Nov 14, 2012 8:05 PM MST

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - It's been five days since anyone has seen or heard from Dana Wilkes.

The 48-year-old's son discovered her car, abandoned not far from her home.

Her purse and medication were left behind.

Her family is fearful something may have happened to her.

"When I was putting up the flyers, I had to stop and look at them," said 22-year-old Robert Boulware, one of Wilkes' two sons, "because that's my mom, and it says 'missing'."

Robert Boulware and his aunt have put up hundreds of flyers.

Each one noting diabetic Dana Wilkes' dependence on insulin.

"There's no way she could go this long without her insulin," said Yates.

"If she was going to go somewhere for a long time, she'd take it," added Boulware, who says his mom never leaves home without her medication.

Boulware went to his mother's home to check on her, after she didn't show up for work Saturday.

He found the doors unlocked.

Wilkes' purse and insulin were on the nightstand.

Hours later he received a phone call. A friend spotted his mother's car on the side of Wilcox Boulevard. He spotted it parked outside the Wilcox Tunnel.

"There really wasn't anything to cause alarm, which is why I was kind of puzzled," he said, standing where the car was found. "She should be here."

Items found inside the car lead the family to believe Wilkes wasn't alone.

::snipping2::

Wilkes is a Chattanooga resident. She is 4'11" tall, 100 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Dana Wilkes is asked to call the Chattanooga Police Department at (423) 698-2525.

Wilkes' family has set up a Facebook page to bring attention to her disappearance. The family has also created a fund to help with travel arrangements, while they look for Wilkes. All the information can be found on the Facebook page.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20101659/son-of-missing-woman
Edit to add "Body Found" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:36:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »

Dana Wilkes Missing
Monday, November 12 2012, 09:40 AM EST

The Chattanooga Police Department’s Missing Person’s Unit is seeking help in locating 48 year-old, Dana Wilkes who was last seen on November 9, 2012 around 10:00 p.m.  Ms Wilkes is a local Chattanooga resident and has a medical history of diabetes and heart condition.  She is 4’11” tall, 100 lbs, blonde hair, and blue eyes.     

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/dana-wilkes-missing-3117.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:44:15 AM »

published Monday, November 26th, 2012

Chattanooga: Family awaits identification on body found Sunday

Family members of a missing woman may soon have closure after police discovered the body of a woman Sunday morning at 3700 Youngstown Road.

Dana Wilkes, 48, was first reported missing when she did not show up for work. When her co-workers could not reach her, they contacted Chattanooga police to check on her. The door of her duplex was found unlocked, according to website set up to find her.

Police have not confirmed the identity of the body.

http://www.**/news/2012/nov/26/chattanooga-family-awaits-identification-body-foun/?breakingnews
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:34 AM »

Headless, handless body found in Chattanooga awaits ID
published Tuesday, November 27th, 2012

An unlocked door, a bottle of life-giving insulin and blood spatters in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee hinted at what might have happened to a woman who went missing more than two weeks ago.

The discovery of partial remains of a woman in the 3700 block of Youngstown Road on Sunday leaves no doubt that the victim met a grisly end. Chattanooga police believe the woman did not die where her remains were found.

But whether the remains are those of 48-year-old Dana Wilkes has yet to be determined.

"I just heard her leave," he said. "She was a great woman. I don't have a bad thing to say about her. She never argued with anybody."

Wilkes' husband, Tom, has been locked up in Hamilton County Jail without bond since he was arrested Oct. 21 for violating his probation through the motor vehicle offenders act.

Tom Wilkes has a lengthy record of mostly traffic offenses as well as a few drug-related arrests, according to court records.

The neighbor said the couple was driving in Alton Park when police made a traffic stop and arrested 57-year-old Tom Wilkes.

http://www.**/news/2012/nov/27/headless-handless-body-awaits-id-chattanooga/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »

Headless body found Youngstown Rd.; autopsy today

Updated: Nov 27, 2012 8:38 AM MST

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- An autopsy is scheduled today for the body of a woman found Sunday near Chickamauga Creek in Chattanooga. According to WRCB's news partners at the Times Free Press, the partial remains are missing a head and hands.

Chattanooga Police are working to figure out who the person is and how she got there.

Pila Cooper was on her way to church Sunday morning only to find Youngstown Road blocked off by crime tape.

"Me and my daughter looked at each other. She said, 'yellow tape means a body,'" says Cooper.

Police were called to Youngstown Road around 8:30 after a caller said they thought they spotted a body at the bottom of an embankment, near the shoreline of South Chickamauga Creek.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20179025/body-found-on-youngstown-road-police-investigating
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »

Police, Family Mum About Body Found Off Youngstown Road
Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Police and the family of missing Dana Crumley Wilkes are mum about a body found Sunday morning off Youngstown Road.

Police spokesman Nathan Hartwig said, "In regards to the body found at 3700 Youngstown Road, we will not be giving any further statements due to the on-going investigation. Once the medical examiner’s report is complete, more information will be available which will be released at the appropriate time."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/11/27/239356/Police-Family-Mum-About-Body-Found.aspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »

Family worries unidentified remains are Dana Wilkes
Posted: Nov 27, 2012 3:43 PM MST
Updated: Nov 27, 2012 4:26 PM MST

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - Chattanooga Police are gathering as much information as they can on the body that was found in a wooded area Sunday. A forensic team is trying to identify the body, only saying that it's a woman.

They're asking for any tips from the public to help figure out how the body ended up near the banks of South Chickamauga Creek off Youngstown Road.

Our partners at the Chattanooga Times Free Press report that only partial remains were found.

The Hamilton County Medical Examiner's Office confirms they have started performing the autopsy on the woman's body that was found Sunday, but they're not commenting on the condition and say it will likely take more than a day to reveal the results.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20199381/family-worries-unidentified-remains-belong-to-dana-wilkes
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »

published Thursday, December 6th, 2012
Missing woman’s husband believes she's dead

The husband of a missing woman said in a jailhouse interview today he believes the partial human remains discovered last month belong to his wife, Dana Wilkes.

The woman’s body was found Nov. 25 in the 3700 block of Youngstown Road.

Tom Wilkes, 57, who is in jail for violating his probation as a habitual traffic offender, said detectives showed him pictures of his wife’s Mickey Mouse and butterfly tattoos on her legs to help confirm the identification.

Wilkes believes one of his friends, who has a violent criminal record, may have had something to do with the disappearance and possibly the death of his wife.

“There had to be some trickery somewhere,” said Wilkes. “Maybe he was on drugs.”

http://www.**/news/2012/dec/06/missing-womans-husband-believes-shes-dead/?breakingnews
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »

I'm having trouble putting this sweet looking little lady with the scumthug she is married to.  How nonchalantly he says he thinks one of his "fiends" might have done it while high on drugs. He must be one real winner of a man!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50112768/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/t/man-thinks-missing-wife-dead-friend-may-be-responsible/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/12/17/240629/Body-Found-Off-Youngstown-Road-Was-That.aspx
Body Found Off Youngstown Road Was That Of Dana Wilkes
December 17, 2012

The Medical Examiner's office has confirmed that a female body found in woods off Youngstown Road in late November was that of Dana Crumley Wilkes, who had been missing since Nov. 9.
 ::snipping2::Chattanooga Police officers had responded to a person down call at 3700 Youngstown Road. A citizen called the Police Department and stated he/she saw a possible person lying by the water at that location.

Upon arrival officers found a deceased person in the woods.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.