March 28, 2024, 11:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelli Murphy, Colo. mom convicted of killing her two kids  (Read 2078 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 28, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57555953-504083/kelli-murphy-colo-mom-convicted-of-killing-her-two-kids-gets-two-life-terms-in-prison/

November 28, 2012 11:58 AM 
Kelli Murphy, Colo. mom convicted of killing her two kids, gets two life terms in prison

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (AP) - A Colorado mother was convicted Tuesday of murdering her two children in a crime prosecutors said was revenge against her husband over their divorce.

Kelli Lynn Murphy, 43, of Castle Rock was found guilty of two counts each of first-degree murder after deliberation, and first-degree murder of a victim under 12 by a person in a position of trust.

The jury verdict came on the same day her son would have turned 11. A judge immediately sentenced Murphy to two life sentences without parole.

Prosecutors said Murphy smothered her 6-year-old daughter Madigan and 9-year-old son Liam in May 2011 as revenge against her husband after the couple filed for divorce. They said she was adamant about retaining sole custody of the children.
 ::snipping2::  MORE

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:57 AM »

Even life in prison seems like it is not enough!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »

Even life in prison seems like it is not enough!

It doesn't seem enough, considering she took the lives of two young children.  And on top of that, her ex has to live the rest of his life without his children and has to live with all the horror, grief and pain knowing they were murdered.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.