March 29, 2024, 07:54:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658285 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/162296-baby-beach-to-become-worldwide-attraction

‘Baby Beach to become worldwide attraction’   

MONDAY, 2 SEPTEMBER 2013 14:44

SAN NICOLAS — Baby Beach is to become a worldwide attraction with Blue Flag certification, for which the government will appropriate 1.7 million florins and Thiel Corporation will set to work in the next six months. Among other things this amount will be used to renovate the parking lot, for more green space, illumination, infrastructure for kiosks, and restrooms. Contractor Thiel Corporation won the public contract last Friday for the facelift of Baby Beach. Expectations are that the work will begin within three weeks and the project will be completed within six months. In addition to aforementioned facilities the company will also put up a partition between the beach and the new parking spots. The floor plan of the area also includes parking spots for tour busses. The existing low walls around the beach will be lengthened to prevent damage to the beach with downpours. Finally, Thiel will ramps adapted for the disabled and build an irrigation well.

Blue Flag

Minister of Tourism, Otmar Oduber (AVP), hopes that with the facelift Baby Beach will be the first beach of Aruba to be certified with the eco-label Blue Flag. At the moment there are only five islands in the Caribbean Sea that have one or more beaches with the certificate, namely St. Maarten (1), Martinique (1), Puerto Rico (7), Dominican Republic (18) and the American Virgin Islands (5).

The plans to have Aruban beaches certified by Blue Flag go all the way back to seven years. In 2011 the government announced that Baby Beach, Mangel Halto and Arashi were to the first to qualify. The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), to which Blue Flag belong, supposedly made agreements with the Marine Park Foundation to certify these beaches. Once these beaches have the eco-label they are to serve as model for certification of other beaches in the future. Certification with the eco-label could mean a boost to tourism. Europeans in particular are environment-minded and often choose a holiday destination with this international eco-certification, ATA reported in 2011.

To obtain a certification the beaches are to meet 32 criterions in the following themes: (environment) education, water quality, conservation of nature, and safety & facilities. The criterion includes education and awareness on the flora fauna on the beach and in the sea. The quality of the water must be excellent and be tested on a regular basis. It’s also important that the beaches have restrooms, trash cans, access for handicapped persons, rescue material and beach guards.

Dangers

Warning signs and buoys were already placed at Baby Beach in August 2012 to warn swimmers of the undercurrent and to explain the beach rules. Despite earlier plans the immediate reason to put up the signs was the umpteenth death by drowning. Professional basket ball player Dan Roundfield had namely drowned at Baby Beach earlier that month.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »

Just a reminder--Continuance of Defendant's motion for judgment on the pleadings

Old Hearing Date:    June 18, 2013
New Hearing Date:  September 10, 2013

Reply #762
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13363.760
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Just a reminder--Continuance of Defendant's motion for judgment on the pleadings

Reply #762

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilcasesummarynet/ui/casesummary.aspx?CT=CI

Case Number:  BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE, ET AL. VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW, ET AL.
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)
Future Hearings

09/10/2013 at 08:30 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
MOTION-JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information

Parties

CBS PARAMOUNT DOMESTIC TELEVISION - Defendant/Respondent's AKA

CBS TELEVISION DISTRIBUTION GROUP - Defendant/Respondent

CREMER KOPON SHAUGHNESSY & SPINA LLC - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

DOES 1-50 - Defendant/Respondent

FORD WALKER HAGGERTY & BEHAR - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

GIRARDI THOMAS V. ESQ. - Attorney for Pltf/Petnr

JACKSON WALKER L.L.P. - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

KALPOE DEEPAK - Plaintiff/Petitioner

KALPOE SATISH - Plaintiff/Petitioner

MCGRAW PHILLIP C. - Defendant/Respondent

PETESKI PRODUCTIONS INC. - Defendant/Respondent

SECURITY CONSULTANT SERVICES INC. - Defendant/Respondent

SKEETERS JAMIE - Defendant/Respondent

SKEETERS KAY AS EXECUTRIX OF THE ESTATE - Defendant/Respondent

08/26/2013 Miscellaneous-Other (COMPENDIUM OF FOREIGN CASE LAW CITED IN PLFS OPP TO DEFTS MTN FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS ON THE FRAUD/NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION AND MISAPPROPRIATION OF LIKENESS CAUSE)
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

08/26/2013 Declaration (OF I. BRIAN MARQUEZ WITH EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF PLFS OPP TO DEFTS MTN FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS )

08/26/2013 Opposition Document (to defts mtn for judgment on the pleadings )

Documents highlighted in green not available yet to purchase 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »

Thank you for the reminder & updates , Grace-land & Klaas.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »

I thought we were delayed until 2014!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »

No fear wreck, it will be.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

I thought we were delayed until 2014!

As I understand it, this is the Plaintiff's opposition to the Defendant's motion for judgment on the pleadings.

FSC Date is April 7, 2014
Trial Date is April 21, 2014

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 11:56:13 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2013/09/missing_in_michigan_event_to_h.html

'Missing in Michigan' event to help families of missing person find answers
on September 05, 2013 at 8:20 PM, updated September 06, 2013 at 7:38 AM

LANSING – The Michigan State Police are hosting "Missing in Michigan", an event for families and friends affected by the disappearance of a family member. The event will be held at the Eagle Eye Golf Club at 15500 Chandler Road in Bath Township from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Prior to the event, there will be a roundtable discussion from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. for families with a missing loved one. The discussion will be led by Duane Bowers, the author of "Guiding Your Family Through Loss and Grief."

Also appearing will be Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway – the Alabama college student who disappeared in Aruba in 2005. Beth is also a bestselling author of the book "Loving Natalee."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »

Reply #762

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilcasesummarynet/ui/casesummary.aspx?CT=CI

Case Number:  BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE, ET AL. VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW, ET AL.
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)
Future Hearings

09/10/2013 at 08:30 am in department 89 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
MOTION-JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information

Parties

CBS PARAMOUNT DOMESTIC TELEVISION - Defendant/Respondent's AKA

CBS TELEVISION DISTRIBUTION GROUP - Defendant/Respondent

CREMER KOPON SHAUGHNESSY & SPINA LLC - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

DOES 1-50 - Defendant/Respondent

FORD WALKER HAGGERTY & BEHAR - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

GIRARDI THOMAS V. ESQ. - Attorney for Pltf/Petnr

JACKSON WALKER L.L.P. - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

KALPOE DEEPAK - Plaintiff/Petitioner

KALPOE SATISH - Plaintiff/Petitioner

MCGRAW PHILLIP C. - Defendant/Respondent

PETESKI PRODUCTIONS INC. - Defendant/Respondent

SECURITY CONSULTANT SERVICES INC. - Defendant/Respondent

SKEETERS JAMIE - Defendant/Respondent

SKEETERS KAY AS EXECUTRIX OF THE ESTATE - Defendant/Respondent

08/26/2013 Miscellaneous-Other (COMPENDIUM OF FOREIGN CASE LAW CITED IN PLFS OPP TO DEFTS MTN FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS ON THE FRAUD/NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION AND MISAPPROPRIATION OF LIKENESS CAUSE)

08/26/2013 Declaration (OF I. BRIAN MARQUEZ WITH EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF PLFS OPP TO DEFTS MTN FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS )

08/26/2013 Opposition Document (to defts mtn for judgment on the pleadings )

Documents highlighted in green not available yet to purchase 

Continued to October 1, 2013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »

Thanks Klaas, and anonymous monkey that purchases the court documents for us!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

Thanks Klaas, and anonymous monkey that purchases the court documents for us!   

^^^^^^
   Ditto!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »

http://www.bnr.nl/nieuws/politiek/495820-1309/nederland-haalt-landgenoten-in-buitenlandse-cel-vaker-terug

Google translation

Netherlands takes compatriots in foreign cell more often
September 19, 2013 8:21 AM

Netherlands closes increasingly bear to convicted persons to leave. Their sentences in the country of origin of That says international criminal lawyer Geert-Jan Knoops. The House vote today on such a treaty with Peru.

Joran van der Sloot
The treaty with Peru Joran van der Sloot would perhaps mean that in total he may serve, although the U.S. now also preys on the extradition of Van der Sloot for extortion in the case of Natalie the remainder of his sentence of 28 years in the Netherlands Holloway.

This extradition case can for Van der Sloot throw a spanner in the works, says Knoops. "Peru has so far said he must serve his sentence here in Peru and then he just might if that's the case, can Joran van der Sloot at least not yet use this new treaty to America.. "
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »

Disturbing article imo...I guess Amy Bradley, James Edward Hogan, and Stephen Sudduth (to name a few) didn't quite do it for them?

Have to wonder what victim(s)...tragedy...international drama, might eventually be considered their dream come true?

To my knowledge Aruba hasn't renamed the airport for Natalee, so maybe he was saying they should?  Would that really attract more tourists?

IMO, blatant reminder of what it's all about...TOURISM.  Don't ever forget it!

JMO

http://www.curacaochronicle.com/columns/holy-mary-apparition/

Published On: Mon, Sep 16th, 2013 Columns / Featured | By Jacob Gelt Dekker

Holy Mary Apparition

In tourism, an island like Curacao needs to set itself apart from competitors by uniqueness.

So, how do we create a ” Holy Mary Apparition” for the island tourist industry of Curacao???

Let’s look at a few success stories nearby. Jamaica had Bob Marley, who became the Saint of Reggae music and the High Priest of the Rasta movement. Marley became immortal for millions and millions around the world and did more for the PR of Jamaica than any agency could have done. A grand drama acted out in Aruba with the beautiful, young, naive and innocent, Natalee Holloway, who disappeared while vacationing on the island. She was probably brutally murdered by the ultimate villain, Joran van der Sloot. It was a drama written in heaven of global appeal that echoed through the media worldwide for years and made Aruba famous and infamous, at the same time. Aruba would seal Natalee’s fate for eternity as an island saint by renaming the airport, “Natalee Holloway Airport.”

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »

Disturbing article imo...I guess Amy Bradley, James Edward Hogan, and Stephen Sudduth (to name a few) didn't quite do it for them?

Have to wonder what victim(s)...tragedy...international drama, might eventually be considered their dream come true?

To my knowledge Aruba hasn't renamed the airport for Natalee, so maybe he was saying they should?  Would that really attract more tourists?

JMO

Holy Mary Apparition

In tourism, an island like Curacao needs to set itself apart from competitors by uniqueness.

So, how do we create a ” Holy Mary Apparition” for the island tourist industry of Curacao???

Let’s look at a few success stories nearby. Jamaica had Bob Marley, who became the Saint of Reggae music and the High Priest of the Rasta movement. Marley became immortal for millions and millions around the world and did more for the PR of Jamaica than any agency could have done. A grand drama acted out in Aruba with the beautiful, young, naive and innocent, Natalee Holloway, who disappeared while vacationing on the island. She was probably brutally murdered by the ultimate villain, Joran van der Sloot. It was a drama written in heaven of global appeal that echoed through the media worldwide for years and made Aruba famous and infamous, at the same time. Aruba would seal Natalee’s fate for eternity as an island saint by renaming the airport, “Natalee Holloway Airport.”

This is one of those articles where you want to jump on before you actually read and digest what the author is saying. I read the article and am now even MORE upset. What crapolla!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »

JMO

Holy Mary Apparition

Oh geez. I don't want Natalee's remains on that island (or near it), and I don't want her name on that island or anything at all about Natalee on that Hell Hole. Name an airport for her HERE at HOME after her remains arrive through the same airport so Beth can give her an appropriate burial!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »

ITA with you both Wreck, and CBB!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »

Beth would never allow it 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »

Exactly! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »

Exactly! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.