April 19, 2024, 06:42:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 659852 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »

It always showed the trial date and now it says NONE.   I don't know what to think.  Could the case have gotten thrown out?

Maybe they reached a settlement.

I don't think so because it wouldn't say Status:  Pending.

Case Number:  BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE, ET AL. VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW, ET AL.
Filing Date:  12/13/2006
Case Type:  Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)
Future Hearings

None
Surely someone "in-the-know" reads here and could clear this up for us! 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

I would think if it was settled out of court or was dismissed that that would have made the news here (or not considering we don't have a dependable news organization to tell us what we need to know). 

Anyone heard anything more?   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »

Maybe they just haven't decided upon a next hearing date?
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »

Maybe they just haven't decided upon a next hearing date?

Surely Dr. Phil didn't settle with them.  I just can't imagine they would fight them this long and then settle out of court with them. Stranger things have happened.  May just be what you said here-they haven't decided on a hearing date. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »

I'm very upset my best friends are all going to Aruba for Christmas I'm so worried I was i was invited and said NO 
They are all going and bringing the kids who are all 21 but still I told them to go to the live feed  cam every day but I forgot what hotel had that can someone help me

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »

I'm very upset my best friends are all going to Aruba for Christmas I'm so worried I was i was invited and said NO  
They are all going and bringing the kids who are all 21 but still I told them to go to the live feed  cam every day but I forgot what hotel had that can someone help me

Hi Blonde!  You couldn't pay me to go to that filthy place.

It's the Bucuti Cam at the Bucuti Beach Club and Tara Beach.

http://www.bucuticam.com/

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »

http://www.nieuws.nl/algemeen/20131214/Van-der-Sloot-trouwt-volgend-jaar-pas

Google translation

Van der Sloot gets married next year only
Published : 14 Dec 2013 06:18 Last Updated : Dec 14, 2013 06:18

Joran van der Sloot marries likely until early next year with his girlfriend Leydi Figueroa . His lawyer Máximo Altez announced that there was a problem with obtaining the necessary documents , but he expects that everything is settled.

Van der Sloot is in the Piedras Gordas prison in Lima, Peru a prison sentence of 28 years for the murder of 21 -year-old Stephany Flores in May 2010 . In July he was also sentenced to this penalty appeal , which he can not proceed further. Peru Altez now trying for the Inter-American Court of Human Rights to get the case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2013, 10:59:10 PM »

The length of the murder sentence surprised me, don't recall seeing one that long. 

http://www.journauxmondiaux.com/Journaux/Amigoe_Willemstad.asp?IDRSS=4857

Google translation:

Suicide in KIA

Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:56:01 +0000

SAN NICOLAS - The detainee A. tonight has committed suicide in his cell correction Institute Aruba (KIA). Sources say that it was hanging. The family is notified of his death, and his body is viewed, or can be, where the man comes from. Transported to the Dominican Republic The deceased was a prison sentence of 40 years for the murder of the son of the owner of a snack truck. The snack truck was attacked, while the son was killed at the hands of A. He'd stuck to 2025.

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/74147-asesino-di-atraco-riba-truck-papilon-ta-horca-curpa-den-kia

Papiamentu translation:

murderer of atraco on truck papilon is horca curpa in kia

saturday, 14 december 2013 10:41

kia the murderer guerrero cu was sintando one castigo in kia owing to horca his curpa. the is envolvi in the caso of atraco on the truck of papilon at postkantoor caminda he frans owing to lose his life cruelmente. the murderer here was close his only in cel at kia. time cu past owing to comete the atraco here the was envolvi cu more person. is one are cu owing to arrive aruba on one barco because; polizon y succeed descend also. they owing to lever one barco clandestinamente at sand domingo the time ey without know they destiny keriendo cu is merca they're go. the barco owing to happen aruba where they owing to succeed lever ground. owing to comete the atraco y kill the child of the owner in truck. now here guerrero have 40 year y is sintando one castigo till at 2025. is one castigo pisa past owing to achieve for her acto cu past owing to comete. saturday marduga during control owing to come come across cune colga or horca in his cel. the only is in his cel then owing to achieve the espacio necesario for comete suicidio. autoridadnan owing to wordo notifica of the caso here y is investigando. the preso here seems his cabez do not 100% niether. then in some year assure the will have to owing to wordo send bek his country hour cu the end of sit his castigo. now will go haci the tramitenan for notifica the family of the sucedido y see con will haci for send the curpa sand domingo but have to bury here self.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2013, 01:15:38 AM »

http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/14014-female-tourist-killed-in-aruba-police-officer-ran-over-tourist-aruba-prison-taken-over-by-prisoners.html

Female Tourist Killed in Aruba --- Police Officer ran over Tourist --- Aruba Prison taken over by Prisoners.

Monday, 09 December 2013 21:50 SMN NEWS TEAM

ORANJESTAD, Aruba:--- A female tourist was crushed to death on Monday by a police motorcycle. According to 24 Hours News in Aruba, the accident occurred just in front of the Customs Office on L.G. Smith Boulevard. 24 Hours News also has a large number of photos of the accident scene on their website. The officer that crushed the female tourist to death while she was crossing the street was removed from the scene by ambulance personnel. It appears as though the victim's brother was also on the scene as an older male tourist was seen sitting on the sidewalk as persons at the scene tried to comfort him while police officers were taking information from him. Other tourists that were in the immediate area seemed devastated by the deadly accident. The officer is also said to be in serious medical condition.

Translated article from 24 Hours News Aruba...
Monday afternoon reports came in of a very serious accident in front of the customs office on LG Smith Blvd. in which an officer of the motorized brigade was involved.  An ambulance was sent out urgently. It turned out that a pick-up had stopped to allow a female tourist to cross and at the same time the officer of the motorized brigade was on his way to an emergency but the woman did not notice. Her brother noticed and stopped but she continued and the officer tried to avoid her but hit a car on the side, then the victim and other cars. The impact was fatal for the woman and the officer also was hurt. The woman was a German tourist visiting the island on the cruise ship Aida Luna sailing under the German flag.  All the competent authorities were informed of the case and went to the site.

Prison Taken Over by Prisoners.

Also in Aruba the prisoners at the prison in Aruba managed to take over the prison operations in Aruba for about one hour on Monday. According to information SMN News received, the prisoners took over when the prison guards held a walk out protesting against certain working conditions. SMN News further learnt that a fight broke out inside the Aruba prison when the prisoners took over. Up to press time it was not clear how many prisoners and or other persons were hurt at the prison in Aruba.
Last Updated ( Monday, 09 December 2013 22:13 ) 

(WARNING:  Graphic images at the link)

http://www.awe24.com/20131209/16610/Dama_turista_a_fayece_den_un_accidente_ora_ela_cruza_net_ora_cu_polis_motoriza

lady tourist owing to fayece in one accidente hour ela cruza just hour cu police motoriza was bayendo cu urgencia

5 day happen come across, 9 of december 2013 13:44

seccion: incidente

photograph of lady tourist owing to fayece in one accidente hour ela cruza just hour cu police motoriza was bayendo cu urgencia video of lady tourist owing to fayece in one accidente hour ela cruza just hour cu police motoriza was bayendo cu urgenciafoto of lady tourist owing to fayece in one accidente hour ela cruza just hour cu police motoriza was bayendo cu urgenciafoto of lady tourist owing to fayece in one accidente hour ela cruza just hour cu police motoriza was bayendo cu urgencia monday afternoon owing to enter informe of one accidente enough earnest fast office of douane at l.g. smith blvd where one oficial of the brigade motoriza self is envolvi, at once owing to dirigi ambulance cu urgencia. owing to come resulta cu one pick-up bayendo pabao owing to stop for let one lady tourist cruza bay south but just at the momentonan ey the oficial of the brigade motoriza was bayendo for one caso cu urgencia but the lady not owing to ripara while the brother of the victima if owing to ripara y owing to stop but the lady owing to follow y the oficial owing to try desvia but owing to strike in near of one car strike the victima y bay strike more car. the impacto was fateful for her lady y the oficial also owing to resulta injury. the lady was one tourist german cu owing to come on the crucero aida month of flag german. all autoridad competente owing to being informa of the caso y owing to bay at the sitio. we will follow informa cu all imagen y video.... come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2013, 01:21:46 AM »

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/German+tourist+killed+when+police+motorcycle+making+emergency/9270360/story.html

German tourist killed when hit by police motorcycle making emergency run in Aruba

By The Associated Press December 10, 2013

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Media reports in Aruba say a German tourist died from being hit by a police officer on a motorcycle responding to an emergency.

Local media on Tuesday say police identified the woman as 48-year-old Stephanie Schofer. No hometown has been released, but authorities say she was a passenger aboard the Carnival Corp.-owned AIDAluna cruise ship.

Phone calls made by The Associated Press to Aruba's media relations office were not answered.

Police are quoted as saying Schofer was crossing a street Monday when she was hit by a police motorcycle operating with its lights and siren on.

Police High Commissioner Dolfi Richardson tells reporters that he has sent condolences to Schofer's family.

He says the officer involved has been hospitalized but is expected to recover.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2013, 01:27:57 AM »

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/local/arubas-police-corps-laments-fatal-accident-involving-a-tourist/

Aruba’s Police Corps laments fatal accident involving a tourist
On 10 Dec, 2013 At 08:33 PM | Categorized As Local | With 0 Comments

Monday afternoon, around 1:45 p.m. a fatal accident occurred in front of the Customs Office on L.G. Smith Boulevard in Oranjestad. A police officer on motorcycle was traveling east at a very high speed, responding to a call, running his siren on the way to an emergency at Aruba’s prison, to warn motorists and pedestrians to clear the road. Unfortunately, a female tourist crossed in front of him, resulting in her immediate death and serious injury to the officer.

It was in the midday hours and the guards at Aruba’s prison in San Nicolas, the KIA, were staging a walkout. The police received information that prisoners were lighting fires and standing on the roof. Patrols were radioed and told to respond with urgency to the KIA to assist the other officers at the site. The traffic was very congested in Oranjestad, which is why the officer choose to use his siren to clear the road and make it possible to reach the site faster.

“I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for the accident that occurred yesterday. It is a proof of how great danger is to police officers when doing their job, not only for themselves but also for others. Our colleague was going in a very high speed with his siren on to fulfill his duties, and found himself involved in an accident which he surely was not prepared for, nor intended,” said Police Commissioner Dolfi Richardson. “To the families of the deceased, our most profound condolences and we ask our good Lord to console them in these difficult moments. We also wish our colleague a speedy recovery.”

The victim of this fatality is Mrs. Stephanie Schofer, born in Germany on November 14th, 1965. Mrs. Schofer 48 yrs. was on Aruba for a few hours aboard the cruise ship Aida Luna. She was accompanied by her partner, who was in shock regarding the horrific accident and received assistance from experts of the Victims Assistance Department of the Police Force.

The case is under investigation by the concerned departments. Witnesses are being interviewed, but no conclusions are being issued until a full inspection of the incident. Authorities feel it is important to find out exactly how this accident occurred before making any decisions or issuing further statements.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2013, 01:38:29 AM »

More pictures at the link:

From the incident at KIA where the guards staged a walk out and several prisoners were on the roof and supposedly starting fires.

And an innocent 48 year old tourist oblivious to all of it was killed, by an officer on a motorcycle supposedly rushing to the scene at KIA.

http://www.awe24.com/20131209/16614/KIA_tabata_pa_su_cuenta_cuidadornan_di_preso_den_huelga_y_presonan_den

(Guessing these are the guards that were supposed to be on duty, out in the parking lot?)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2013, 01:58:47 AM »

http://stayingsafeabroad.blogspot.com/2013/12/aruba-german-tourist-48-hit-killed-by.html

Aruba: German Tourist, 48, Hit, Killed By a Motorcycle Officer Enroute to an Emergency

According to The Associated Press, media reports in Aruba indicate that  a German tourist, Stephanie Schofer, 48, was a passenger aboard a Carnival Corp.-owned cruise-ship when she was hit by an Aruban motorcycle officer en-route to an emergency call, when she was hit while crossing a street.

At the time of the incident, the officer hit the young woman while his emergency lights and siren were activated.

COMMENT: Police High Commissioner Dolfi Richardson told reporters that he has sent condolences to Schofer's family. Commissioner Richardson reports that the officer was hospitalized, but is expected to recover.

If there is any lesson learned in this case, it is that when we embark on a trip abroad we can never know what events will cross our path while abroad.

As I have often said, and as many of our regular readers know all too well, many foreign travelers who embark on trips abroad can never predict what the outcome of their visit will be.

Thus, I strongly recommend the following:

1. Register your itinerary with your appropriate foreign affairs agency, in this case, Germany, so that the Federal Foreign Office could know of Ms. Schofer's travel plans and assist her family with final arrangements;

2. Subscribe to international medical treatment and evacuation insurance in the event a traveler is injured or becomes ill while abroad. Without such coverage, medical evacuation from a destination back home can be cost-prohibitive, with many such evacuations easily reaching $100,000. For information on such coverage, go to: http://www.insuremytrip.com; and

3. Ensure that an advanced medical directive is carried in your personal belongings in the event you cannot speak for yourself if hospitalized.

Posted by Ed Lee at 12:21 AM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2013, 05:40:01 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/73917-turista-di-barco-a-muri-polisnan-bayendo-kia-cu-urgencia-pa-reforza-coleganan-ta-envolvi-den-accidente-fatal

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/aida-passagier-toedlich-auf-aruba-waehrend-landausflug-verunglueckt/

Google translation:

AIDA passenger died in an accident while on Aruba Shore Excursion

Written by Pascal Wepner 11 December 2013     at: AIDA Cruises

On Monday of this week is a female guest with the AIDA Aida Luna on Caribbean cruise was killed in an accident on Aruba. According to police authorities in Oranjestad, the 48 year old female was crossing a road and was hit by a police motorcycle was driving with flashing lights and alarm signal along the road. The woman was immediately killed by the impact with the policeman, the policeman was injured admitted to a hospital.

Aida Luna is currently on a 14-day cruise through the eastern Caribbean. The AIDA cruise began on Saturday, on Sunday in Oranjestad was the Aida Luna at sea and on Monday in Aruba.

Whether the woman accompanied on one of AIDA or sold shore excursion was traveling is unclear and is not mentioned. Of course it is also possible that she was gone individually to disembark. From AIDA Cruises is no opinion zufinden it.

Aida Luna is located on 14-day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean, the current cruise is started on Saturday in La Romana. Today, Aida Luna is located in Bonaire.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2013, 01:58:07 AM »

I hope Joran is remembering being on the island, his freedom, and his life before Natalee ever stepped foot on Aruba and I hope it makes him miserable. I know that guilt would never touch his emotions, but I hope the contrast to his prior life is a constant source of torture for him!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2013, 06:06:20 AM »

I hope Joran is remembering being on the island, his freedom, and his life before Natalee ever stepped foot on Aruba and I hope it makes him miserable. I know that guilt would never touch his emotions, but I hope the contrast to his prior life is a constant source of torture for him!

I agree!

Hello all! Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year; health, happiness and goodness for Our County.

Haven't been here for awhile; well, see Joran is still in prison. If he can get married there, then I guess there will be a Joran II coming along.

Will he ever get to see our prison here and what the Good Ole Boys are like and think of him?

Keep up the good work, dedication.      

Joran, no matter where you are these are looking   

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/171854-suspects-human-trafficking-got-passports-back

Suspects human trafficking got passports back   
SUNDAY, 15 DECEMBER 2013 12:12

WILLEMSTAD — The human trafficking case Race Café was adjourned again yesterday and at the request of lawyer Marije Vaders, Mirto Murray and Everett Wilsoe the suspects in this case were given back their passports. The continuation of the case as regards contents is scheduled for March 14th.G.D.O. (51-year old police officer), E.C.P (66) and R.W. (46) are suspected of human trafficking. W. is also to stand trial for possession of arms.

With the pro forma discussion of the case last May the judge released the suspects under certain conditions. Considering that the discussion of the case will not be held in the near future because some of the witnesses to be heard are nowhere to be found, the lawyers requested the judge to drop these conditions. The judge agreed and the suspects were given back their passports.

The witnesses to be heard are abroad but nowhere to be found. Apparently the judge thinks it’s important to hear these witnesses and has adjourned the case again. The Public Prosecutor is to receive support from colleagues from St. Maarten, Columbia and the Dominican Republic to hear these witnesses.

The suspects were arrested for their involvement with human trafficking just like the brains – the 30-year old Columbian female Lida Marcela Muñoz Cuadros, who is wanted by Interpol. The investigation into the human trafficking began in 2009 in the Columbian city Cali where the Columbian police (DIJIN) arrested four suspects of human trafficking two years later. After these arrests the Columbian police contacted the Dutch embassy which requested the local special police team to arrest the members of the network on the island. A trace of e-mails to Cuadros revealed they were on Curaçao.

After the members of the network were identified the local police informed the Columbian authorities in January on the progress of the investigation.

The investigation reveals that Cuadros had fetched women from the Columbian Valle del Cauca to Curaçao to work in the erotic branch. The women were enticed the women with the promise of a better job on Curaçao, but once on the island they were forced to repay their trip and ended up in the prostitution. According to the authorities, Cuadros brought the victims to the bar and suspect E.P. confiscated their documents and personal possession. They were then subjected to physical and psychological abuse and even had to work when they were sick. According to the authorities, the police officer informed the network on time about police operations against human trafficking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.amigoe.com/english/171964-dutch-government-to-investigate-human-trafficking-in-own-country

Dutch government to investigate human trafficking in own country   

MONDAY, 16 DECEMBER 2013 09:27

WILLEMSTAD — Instead of conducting an investigation into human trafficking on Curaçao, Aruba, St. Maarten and the BES-islands, the Dutch government should start an investigation in its own country, Minister of Justice, Nelson Navarro, stated in reply to questions from parliamentarian Alex Rosaria (PAIS).Rosaria asked questions following a motion adopted by the Lower Chamber. In that motion the Dutch government is requested to consider if together with the ministries of mentioned islands an independent investigation could be conducted into the nature and extent of human trafficking, forced prostitution and sexual abuse on these islands and into the effectiveness of the current policy.

Rosaria is of the opinion that this motion could have been phrased differently. According to the parliamentarian, the motion should have requested conducting an investigation into human trafficking in the entire Kingdom. The minister shares this opinion. “The problem of human trafficking is much larger in the Netherlands than here. In other words, the Netherlands should tackle the situation there first.”

That human trafficking and modern slavery exists on the island, according to the report Trafficking in Persons, is simply unacceptable and must be combated. Navarro also shares this opinion. According to the minister, in accordance with the consensus statute laws extra attention is given on the island to these problems. A study group is working on this. Navarro will consider Rosaria’s proposal to appoint an officer of Justice who will specifically handle human trafficking matters.

The parliamentarian is concerned about this phenomenon on Curaçao considering two foreigners have committed suicide. “These foreigners were offered a job for example as manager but once on the island they were treated as slaves. They are to work sixteen or eighteen hours a day under inhuman circumstances and are given a very small room to live in.” The foreigners are also forced into prostitution, Rosaria said.

What’s worse is that some people are most certainly aware of such cases but play dumb, the parliamentarian said during the budgetary discussion. He cannot understand how people, who are descents of slaves, but tolerate these practices. “I’m a descent myself and therefore cannot accept modern slavery. Hence my request to the minister to do everything to combat this.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/12/18/63866.htm

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 Last Update: 10:00 AM PT
No Punitives Over Dr Phil's Tabloid Tactics

LOS ANGELES (CN) - Two brothers' failure to demand a correction from Dr. Phil over secretly videotaped admissions in the Natalee Holloway disappearance doomed their chances of collecting punitive damages, a California appeals court ruled Tuesday.
     Surinam nationals Deepak and Satish Kalpoe sued Dr. Phil McGraw, Peteski Productions and CBS Paramount, who hired private investigator Jamie Skeeters to investigate Holloway's 2005 disappearance in Aruba. Skeeters met with Deepak on the pretense of exonerating him, and secretly recorded their meeting.
     The show aired in September 2005, and the illicit video showed Deepak confirming that he and his brother had had sex with Holloway the night she disappeared. But after the broadcast, Deepak claimed he had not consented to Skeeters recording their meeting, denied that he and his brother had sex with Holloway and accused the producers of manipulating the video to say otherwise.
     Deepak and Satish sued in 2006 for defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress and conspiracy. Years later, Dr. Phil and his producers filed a request to bar the brothers from presenting any evidence relating to general or punitive damages, citing a state law that requires parties seeking damages for defamation from news sources to first demand a correction or be limited to recovering only special damages.
     The brothers admitted they never demanded a correction from Dr. Phil or the producers, and the trial court granted the request in 2012.
     On appeal, the Kalpoes claim that the 1931 law - which was amended in 1949 to include visual broadcasts - only applies to media in the business of breaking news broadcasts, not tabloid exposes of months-old disappearances.
     Writing for a three-judge panel of Second Appellate District, Judge Fred Woods noted that on its face the law in question contains nothing that limits its application to breaking news sources only. And while case-law on the issue draws a distinction between newspapers and magazines, the same cannot be said for radio and television broadcasting.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

Thanks, graceland! 

Is that the end of the suit then?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.