March 28, 2024, 03:18:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658149 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »

Nevertheless...those dirtbag Kalpoe's admitted having sex with Natalee, according to the Kalpoe's early in the investigation they said all three had sex with Natalee - the only way that would happen is by force. 

They don't deserve anything, they should be in jail just like Sloot.

We all give an AMEN to that!  If I understand the clippings and comments, the case is ongoing and the outcome will determine who pays the lawyers. I'd love it if any future earnings by the Kalpoes could be attached to pay the bill, because I'm sure they don't have the money to pay if the ruling goes against them. I think I'm right in saying that you can't bankrupt out of a court ordered payment.

Best news I've heard in a long time

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »

Full minute order filed.  Looks like the defendants won 2 out of 3 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2013, 12:31:25 AM »

Yes, Thank you, Klaas!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2013, 09:16:23 AM »

Yes, Thank you, Klaas!!   

There are times when I've wondered  if I'd  live long enough to see some of this get through the courts.  And I'm not really all that old.     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »

Thanks for spreading the word Jossy!   

http://www.diario.aw/2013/12/deepak-y-satish-kalpoe-por-lo-pronto-ta-perde-caso-preliminario-contra-dr-phil/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2013, 12:48:25 PM »

Ditto!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »

Jossy put it out there on the island. Renho must be in her hidey hole.   
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »

I think a material fact is wrong -- or I misunderstood what happened all this time! The court document says Dr. Phil HIRED Jamie Skeeters to go to Aruba and tape the Kalpoes. It was my impression that Skeeters acted on his own and THEN collaborated with Dr. Phil.  Anyone????

I believe Dr. Phil hired Skeeters.  I don't think Skeeters acted on his own but I could be wrong too.

Jamie Skeeters was hired by Dr. Phil as an investigator to travel to Aruba in a search for answers in the Holloway case. During his investigation, Skeeters interviewed suspect Deepak Kalpoe, an interview which he recorded. In the conversation, Kalpoe admits to having sex with Natalee, something he had never admitted in any his multiple meetings with police.

http://voices.yahoo.com/jamie-skeeters-famed-polygraph-expert-being-sued-by-186059.html?cat=7

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

Wait!

Deepak's deposition testimony?   

I wanted a trial.  I wanted them each on the stand in a court in America.  I wanted it all over the Aruban and American newspapers, so people don't forget.  These boys (now men) were not victims, they were the perps. 

Who is paying their legal bills? 

Aruba...  They still don't care.

Innocent people on vacation are still not safe in Aruba.       

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »

It's a subscriber article in Amigoe, so this is all that's available.

https://www.facebook.com/amigoearuba/posts/10152086881198866

Google translation

Amigoe Aruba shared a link.
9 hours ago

Dr. Phil Kalpoes need to compensate any damage

ORANGE CITY - The brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe receive no compensation in the long-running lawsuit against the popular TV psychologist Phillip McGraw, better known as Dr. Phil. It has a higher court in California decided this week. Reason for

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »

The Kalpoes' could have told the truth instead of seeking money for their crimes.

van der Straaten could have told the truth and prevented this:

AHATA can suck it.  The Kalpoes can suck it. 

Bring Joran to Alabama on extortion charges as an old man. 

The truth won't go away.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
crazybabyborg
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

Right, Lifesong! Absolutely right! Aruban authorities and cronies in Aruba have bloody hands that witheld justice for Natalee and inflicted murder on Stephany!  The Kalpoe brothers have never paid for Natalee's death or rape and they certainly participated in both.

Joran is away from society only after Aruba allowed him to kill again, and the Kalpoe's have escaped with no justice at all. What an indictment of that Hell Hole Island.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »

The Kalpoes' could have told the truth instead of seeking money for their crimes.

van der Straaten could have told the truth and prevented this:

AHATA can suck it.  The Kalpoes can suck it. 

Bring Joran to Alabama on extortion charges as an old man. 

The truth won't go away.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »

Right, Lifesong! Absolutely right! Aruban authorities and cronies in Aruba have bloody hands that witheld justice for Natalee and inflicted murder on Stephany!  The Kalpoe brothers have never paid for Natalee's death or rape and they certainly participated in both.

Joran is away from society only after Aruba allowed him to kill again, and the Kalpoe's have escaped with no justice at all. What an indictment of that Hell Hole Island.   

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #255 on: December 25, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »

The news of Dr Phil's case is a grand Christmas present!

Chuckling to myself, that as we sit here enjoying our Winter and Holidays, it is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere.  May Joarn roast this year in Peru!

Challapalca him!
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: December 25, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

Merry Christmas, Monkeys!   

Please light a candle remembering Natalee and her family's quest for answers.  Since two were created, you may use one or both.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAH

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nat%27s

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/26/dr-phil-natalee-holloway-defamation-lawsuit_n_4474158.html

Dr. Phil Won't Pay In Defamation Case Over Natalee Holloway

Posted: 12/26/2013 8:03 am EST  |  Updated: 12/26/2013 8:03 am EST

A California appeals court has ruled in favor of talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw, in a defamation lawsuit over his coverage of the Natalee Holloway case.

The suit was filed about seven years ago by two Surinamese brothers who claim the television psychologist aired a segment on his show that depicted them as "guilty of committing criminal acts against Holloway."

Judge Fred Woods, writing for a three-judge panel of the Second Appellate District on Dec. 17, cited a California statute in their ruling. The code, the judge wrote, requires parties seeking damages for defamation from news sources to first "demand a correction" or "[be] limited only to recovering special damages."

The statute was important to the ruling because the plaintiffs did not dispute claims by Dr. Phil's attorneys that they never demanded a correction from Dr. Phil or the producers of his show.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William MacLaughlin had cited the same code in his December 2012 ruling that the plaintiffs could not seek punitive or general damages. However, the defense then asked the court to reconsider the ruling. They maintained the retraction rule only applied to media outlets engaged in the "immediate and rapid dissemination of news."

In Tuesday’s written ruling, Woods said the three-judge panel could not conclude that the statute only applies to outlets that engage in covering breaking news.

"The petition is denied [and] each party is to bear its own costs," Woods wrote in his ruling.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2013, 05:35:32 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/26/dr-phil-natalee-holloway-defamation-lawsuit_n_4474158.html

Dr. Phil Won't Pay In Defamation Case Over Natalee Holloway

Posted: 12/26/2013 8:03 am EST  |  Updated: 12/26/2013 8:03 am EST

A California appeals court has ruled in favor of talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw, in a defamation lawsuit over his coverage of the Natalee Holloway case.

The suit was filed about seven years ago by two Surinamese brothers who claim the television psychologist aired a segment on his show that depicted them as "guilty of committing criminal acts against Holloway."

Judge Fred Woods, writing for a three-judge panel of the Second Appellate District on Dec. 17, cited a California statute in their ruling. The code, the judge wrote, requires parties seeking damages for defamation from news sources to first "demand a correction" or "[be] limited only to recovering special damages."

The statute was important to the ruling because the plaintiffs did not dispute claims by Dr. Phil's attorneys that they never demanded a correction from Dr. Phil or the producers of his show.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William MacLaughlin had cited the same code in his December 2012 ruling that the plaintiffs could not seek punitive or general damages. However, the defense then asked the court to reconsider the ruling. They maintained the retraction rule only applied to media outlets engaged in the "immediate and rapid dissemination of news."

In Tuesday’s written ruling, Woods said the three-judge panel could not conclude that the statute only applies to outlets that engage in covering breaking news.

"The petition is denied [and] each party is to bear its own costs," Woods wrote in his ruling.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

maybe not all -- but, I would guess most of Dr. Phil's legal costs were going to be incurred anyways as it's legal team is on retainer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.